Start by marking “Forever in One Second” as Want to Read:
Forever in One Second

Forever in One Second

3.56  ·  Rating details ·  532 Ratings  ·  118 Reviews
Cheating death is easy—the hard part is knowing when not to.

From the moment an anonymous rescuer pulled him back from the brink of death, Dane Harper has vowed to live every second of his life to the fullest. Nothing would please him more than to share those stolen moments with the man who, literally, held his life in his hands. First, though, he has to find him. Then conv
Kindle Edition, 1st Edition, 276 pages
Published January 10th 2012 by Samhain Publishing, Ltd.

To ask other readers questions about Forever in One Second, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Forever in One Second

Heather C
Oct 28, 2011 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed Dane and Court's story. The beginning was very intense, probably one of the most intense opening chapters I have ever read! I did get a little confused at times throughout the book, but nothing too major.

Dane was fuckhawt! He knew how to design and execute complex, multi-orgasm plans...paying attention to every explicit detail. Fucking Hot!. These guys were really hot...and sweet together. (view spoiler)
Susan65
Oct 25, 2011 rated it really liked it
A very different kind of paranormal romance. There is angst galore but humorous enough to temper it and tone it down. Courtenay is a healer and saves Dane after a tornado left him for dead. Dane and Court knew each other as kids and Court recognized him and felt compelled to save him.

Court has a difficult time accepting his gift and even though he wants Dane he feels unworthy. Dane is a stubborn and horny guy who doesn't give up. He wants Court and does anything and everything to be with him. Hi
Lenore
*opens book*

Cracking ominously, thunder rattled what was left of the derelict factory's windows.

*skips a paragraph*

Though early, the sky darkened, revealing impending doom through a set of broken windows.

*skips a couple more paragraphs*

The rain had arrived, icy and slanted from the strong wind.

*closes book*
Chris
4.5 stars. Very good m/m paranormal romantic suspense about a rescue worker who can heal with touch. When one of the people he's healed comes to find and thank him, neither of them have any idea how much their lives will change.
Jess
This review might contain minor spoilers, all major spoilers are hidden!

Okay this is a hard review to write because I have mixed reactions to the book. There are some things that clearly work really well. Then there was aspects of the book that really annoyed me. However in other books with the amount of issues I had I would only give this three stars but there is just something about this book that made me forgive and forget my pet hates.

I normally start with the positives but this time I will
Nikyta *Miss Forgetful*
The first chapter of this book is.... intense. Right from the start I was drawn into the story and the characters problems and didn't want to put the book down.

Dane is a man who's sick of living in the city so he moves home after his brother's death. While working one day, he gets caught right in the middle of a tornado. Crushed, and on the very edge of dying, Courtenay shows up from Search and Rescue. Courtenay knows Dane is dying, he can feel it but he also remembers Dane and he can't just let
Emanuela ~plastic duck~
3.5 stars.

Lights and shadows, it's the second book by this author I've read and she writes with a certain edge I like.

First the good things:

The main couple is hot, well matched, riveting. Court is the healer, but he came out of an abduction broken and removed from life, even if he literally owns the spark of life. Dane is energetic, bossy and never defeated. They are perfect for each other, because Dane is determined to help and fix Court in every aspect of life, being there even when Court does
Mandapanda
Dec 04, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: various-romance
This book starts off with a bang. Dane is caught in a twister and Court, a paramedic, brings him back to life using his unusual power to heal. As Dane recovers he can't stop thinking about his rescuer and his miraculous return from certain death. He seeks Court out and despite the other man's reluctance, they start a physical relationship which quickly becomes more. But there are powerful groups interested in Court's ability which has him constantly on the run and unwilling to put a loved one at ...more
JR
Jan 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: the world
Sometimes a book comes out of nowhere. Sometimes it just smacks you in the face with how different and enjoyable it is. If you want one like that, here it is.

This story is what happens to Dane when his life is saved by Court, but not in conventional ways. Two men who knew each other as kids, have their lives intersect as Dane lies dying. Romance, intrigue, Court's dark past, all contribute to a very fun read.

I'm not going to go into more of the story because it needs to be read not revealed
JustJen "Miss Conduct"
Dec 07, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm, ebook
This book was one wild rollercoaster ride for me. I felt as though my brain and heart were going nonstop from beginning to end and when I got there, I had to take deep breaths just to settle myself down and relax.

I had a little trouble in the beginning with the dialog and getting confused as to who was saying what when, as they seemed to run together a lot, but that might have had to do with my reading device. Either way, it worked itself out and wasn't a problem after a while.

All in all, afte
Daniel Kaine
Jan 10, 2012 rated it liked it
I liked this book; it was very different from the majority of paranormal romances out there in that there are no vampires, or shifters... just a few humans with supernatural powers. Although, at the same time there's a lot of the same cliches, e.g. Courtenay trying to push Dane away because it's dangerous to be around the supernaturally-gifted 'freak'.

I have to say I did like the characters. Dane, especially, in all his slutty glory. However, it felt like there was maybe a little too much sex. D
Lara
Goddamn.

Dane and Court were sizzling. Seriously. Electricity in every touch. And, holy crap, was Dane the man with the plan. His plans were exquisite. Like an art form. Definitely gives a new meaning to planning for sex. As long as Dane is planning it count me in. I could give this book 5 stars on the sex scenes alone. They were pages upon pages long. Very nice!

Dane and Court could not be more opposite if they tried. Dane, having had a near death experience, is living life to the fullest. He wan
Syfy
May 31, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

" Still drifting, he kept his sigh inside. Dying is so sweet. Does everyone hear that pretty song when they go? Outside of the dying, voices called out, back and forth, disturbing his peace. Loud, annoying voices, smothering the song. Shhhhh… be quiet! I’m listening. Can’t you see I’m listening? Don’t you hear it? Shhh… "

"Forever" intimately explores one of my favorite what if's, and somewhere around Ch 12 it occured to me that this could be one of the most deeply satisfying books I have ever re
Dreamer
intriguing m/m para romance featuring tortured hero Courtenay who has the power to heal. He saves the life of the irrepressible Dane Harper who then pursues him relentlessly. Some intensely hot sex scenes between these guys! Assorted villains wish to acquire Court for nefarious ends.
description
'Sleeping late was for people nobody was trying to kill. Clearly not them, then. It seemed a shame to wake Dane when he looked so angelic, his messy hair tangled into a silky halo.'
Wendy Ann
Excellent book! I was hooked within the first few pages and I didn’t want to put it down!! I understand where some of the other reviewers are coming from with respect to feeling a bit confused due to the dream sequences and feelings of lurking danger; however, I thought these things actually added to the air of mystery and intrigue for me. I couldn’t flip the pages fast enough to keep unraveling more and fitting the puzzle pieces together.

OMG – Dane and Court were amazing together and perfect f
Nic
Oct 10, 2012 rated it really liked it
A near death experience changes Dane's life - he gets a new outlook and decides to go after what he wants and what he wants is Court. "Well, I'm not gonna sit around and wait for that second to come around and get me. I want to live now. Might have just got lucky that day, I don't know, but I'm not gonna push it. I want all my seconds right down to the very last one. I'm greedy."

Court is the man who saved him, using his ability as 'a fixer' so pull Dane back from the brink of death. Court is fac
Elizabetta
I really enjoyed Forever In One Second. This is an unusual combination of contemporary and paranormal romance with not a vampire, werewolf, fairy or demon in sight. The story starts off with a bang with one of our MC’s caught in a tornado. Dane is at death’s door and Court, his rescuer, has just the super power he needs. With a super power comes heavy responsibility though.

Court walks in darkness and pain; at the mercy of his gift and on the run from those who would control it and him. Dane is
ttg
Aug 23, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
2.5 stars. - Even though I normally am a big fan of paranormal romance stories, especially ones with action and suspense, I could not get into this book. The MCs didn't really draw me in to care about them and their relationship. (I did like bossy, sunny Dane, but overall, I found their chemistry low and a little dull.)

I wasn't a huge fan of the story progression, or how things resolved. (But don't worry, there's an HEA.) Also didn't like how the author would switch POVs randomly. Most of the ti
¸. • * ° *❧Gwendolyn❧°**★°**★
3 Stars~

This was a Sweeeet Read!
I like this match~Dane♥Court, they are soooo OPPOSITE yet PERFECT FOR EACH OTHER...I also liked the writing aswell ~I will leave you with one of my favorite made me smile line's,"Dane & Courney pantin' in a tree, f*#@k-i-n-g" OMG~ I had to laugh at that line~
Virginia
The banter between Dane and Court is fun and delicious. The sex is smoking hot - the first two scenes are yowza. Nice little story to go with it but Dane and Court are simply perfect together. Court fights it the best he can (which isn't much) because Dane has "plans" and ways to wear him down :) Court just can't fight Dane's plans or his dirty talk. Dane is relentless :)

I really enjoyed this one - simply loved it. Sexy, humorous, serious. Hoping for more from this author.
Kazza
May 09, 2012 rated it really liked it
This is an interesting book. It's not going to be everyone's cup of tea but it's….beautifully weird. I can’t find better words at the moment, but know they are meant as a compliment.

After a tornado Dane Harper is saved from mortal injuries by a man from search and rescue, a man with unusual, memorable eyes. Court Woods has to make a split second decision to save a man who he recognises as his former best friend’s (once) annoying, younger brother. They haven’t seen each other in quite a while, bu
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
Oct 26, 2011 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: m/m romance lovers
Forever in One Second is a lovely sentiment. The dedication at the beginning of the book was moving. It makes me wonder what happened to the author's husband. I have a guess, and if I'm right, it's sad. Eager to read the book, I'm a little disappointed.

In this story, Dane and Courtney meet again after years apart. Courtney was a good friend of Dane's deceased brother, Teddy. They meet when Court saves Dane's life. This was pretty cool. Court is a healer through laying of the hands. It's an amazi
Eve
Oct 17, 2011 rated it it was amazing
When they were kids, Court was best friends with Dane's big brother, Ted. (view spoiler) Now Court has moved back to town (view spoiler)and he and Dane start seeing ea ...more
Susan
Nov 29, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: z-2012, mm-read
I think what I loved best about this book was Dane. He's the kind of person who knows what he wants and goes for it, and he's certainly not going to let a tiny little thing like supernatural powers stand in his way! The relationship between Court and Dane was very quick to begin with but it was nice to watch the changes in Court as the story progressed. I think that Court may have saved Dane's life at the beginning of the book but by the end Dane had certainly repaid the favour.
DL
Jul 05, 2012 rated it liked it
Here is another book where I loved the characters but got a bit lost in the story. The start of this book was so strong it took my breath away. Then it skipped to other people and other times and left me wondering what I had missed. I never did figure out why C. had his powers. Or what the doctor was doing following him. Or what happened to the guy he was imprisoned with at the end.
Addicted2M/M
Love Court & Dane. Dane was a force of nature, I love his intense determination. Court, while "broken" was not a wuss. Nice secondary characters, would love to hear more about Markus. (view spoiler)

Glad I got it right away after reading Mountie's review. Well worth it.
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
Jan 14, 2014 marked it as will-return-to-later
I'm having a verrrrrryyyy hard time getting into this. It is much... odder than I was expecting. The writing style is unusual and I'm finding it to be a bit confusing. I think I'll try return to it at a later date.
Simsala
Jan 10, 2012 marked it as to-be-finished-later
Shelves: m-m, paranormal
To be finished later...maybe.In current mood this just causes a headache...
*~*~*Hyperion*~*~*
Mar 18, 2017 marked it as 00-mm-fail-dnf-nope-will-not-read
Don't think I'll be reading this. Not impressed with the author.

*****
Naturally I want this book and I can't find it on Amazon :-/!! Anyone have any clue where to find it? o__O!!
Lena Grey
Apr 03, 2012 rated it liked it
Having a near death experience like Dane Harper does in 'Forever in One Second' by Finn Marlowe definitely gives you a new perspective on life. It reminds us how fragile we are and how we need to appreciate every second of our life as if it were our last, because it might well be. Along with Dane's newfound enthusiasm is his desire to find and thank Court, the man who saved his life. What he doesn't realize at the time is that when Court chooses to save Dane's life, he is also saving his own.

Cou
  • Song of Oestend (Oestend #1)
  • Pale as a Ghost (Duncan Andrews Thrillers, #1)
  • Freedom
  • The Psychic and the Sleuth
  • Every Move He Makes
  • Better
  • Wacky Wednesday
  • Midnight in Berlin
  • Hell Cop
  • Dawn of Darkness (Daeva, #1)
  • Soulless
  • With a Kiss
  • Static
  • Pit Road (Running Under Caution, #1)
  • Falling
  • Hell Dogs Squadron  (Hell Dogs Squadron #1-3)
  • Natural Instincts (Instincts, #1)
  • Hainted
Finn Marlowe is a paralegal by day and erotic (M/M) romance novelist by night. She believes daydreaming is a vastly underrated pastime and probably spends way too much time at it. Her kids no longer ask what’s wrong when they spy her staring off into space—they just assume she’s writing a scene from her next novel and they’re probably right. Paranormal romance is her favorite genre to write, and t ...more
More about Finn Marlowe

Romance Deals

• Wild Kisses (Wildwood, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Dangerous Engagement (The Regency Spies of London, #3)
  • Trouble in Paradise
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Staying For Good (Most Likely To, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Miss Fortune (Lear Family Trilogy #3)
  • Almost Like Love
  • Party Girl
  • Cross My Heart
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Grave Secrets (Rogue River #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Married by Monday (The Weekday Brides, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • If I Didn't Know Better (The Callaways #9)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Beauty Queen (Lear Family Trilogy, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Life After Wife (Three Magic Words Trilogy, #3)
  • Incentive
    $3.99 $1.99
  • It Started With a Kiss (Sequoia Lake, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fiancé by Friday (The Weekday Brides, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Savage Urges (The Phoenix Pack, #5)
  • The Color of Water in July
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Knight Avenged (Circle of Seven, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Taken by Tuesday (The Weekday Brides, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Kushiel's Dart (Phèdre's Trilogy, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • A Forever Thing (Three Magic Words Trilogy, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dead in Her Tracks (Rogue Winter, #2)
  • Flirting with Felicity
  • Long, Hot Texas Summer
  • You'll Think of Me
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Lily Love
    $1.99 $0.99
  • Forever is the Worst Long Time
    $4.99 $1.99
  • True to the Highlander (Loch Moigh #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sweet as Sin (Bad Habit, #1)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • The Dollmaker (The Forgotten Files, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fifth Grave Past the Light (Charley Davidson, #5)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • The Heart of Betrayal (The Remnant Chronicles, #2)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Shameless (White Lies Duet #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Burn for You (Slow Burn, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Be Mine Forever (St. Helena Vineyard, #4)
  • Playing It Safe
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Sweet Lake (Sweet Lake #1)
  • The Barefoot Summer
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Smart Girl (The Girl's #3)
  • Falling Together
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Warrior's Revenge
  • Lily's White Lace
    $4.49 $1.99
  • A Viscount's Proposal (The Regency Spies of London, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fear For Me: A Novel of the Bayou Butcher (For Me, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hangman (The Forgotten Files #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Stone Walls (True Heroes, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Things I Can't Forget (Hundred Oaks, #3)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Flashpoint (Troubleshooters, #7)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Break Me (Corrupted Hearts, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Shark (Forgotten Files, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Black and Green (The Ghost Bird, #11)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Wager
  • Enrage (Eagle Elite )
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Spiral of Need (The Mercury Pack, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Treasured by Thursday (The Weekday Brides, #7)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Infraction (Players Game, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Fated (Dark Protectors, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Material Girl (The Fancy Lives of the Lear Sisters, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Darkness (The Remnant Chronicles, #3)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Summer in Napa (St. Helena Vineyard, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Devil's Daughter (Hidden Sins #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fraternize (Players Game, #1)
  • P.S. from Paris
  • The Rules of Regret
    $3.99 $1.99
  • In Shining Whatever (Three Magic Words Trilogy, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Follow Me (Corrupted Hearts, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sweet Girl (The Girl's Series Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Lost and Found Sisters (Wildstone, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Trouble with Tomboys (Tommy Creek #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • All There Is (Juniper Hills, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Soul and Blade (Blood and Bone, #3)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • To Win Her Favor (Belle Meade Plantation #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Nobody's Baby But Mine (Chicago Stars, #3)
    $4.74 $1.99
  • Delta: Redemption (Delta, #3)
  • The Curiosity
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Dealing Double (Heartbreaker, #2)
  • Spin (Spin, #1)
    $7.74 $0.99
  • On Her Father's Grave (Rogue River #1)
  • Before Goodbye
    $1.99 $0.99
  • Blood and Bone (Blood and Bone, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Hot Shot (Hostile Operations Team, #5)
  • The Way Life Should Be: A Novel
    $11.74 $1.99
  • The Yellow Rose Beauty Shop (Cadillac, Texas #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Force of Temptation (Mercury Pack, #2)
  • Wildalone
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hard to Let Go (Hard Ink, #4)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • By Your Side
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Comfort of Secrets (Sweet Lake #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Fierce Obsessions (The Phoenix Pack, #6)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • It's In His Heart (Red River Valley, #1)
  • Wicked Angel
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Secrets (Wildefire, #1)
    $7.99 $0.99
  • The Wind Dancer (Wind Dancer, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Dead Wrong (Dead #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
“Impressive," Court offered, gallantly bending to retrieve the shoe. "You should join the theater."
"Fuck you."
"I owed you that."
"Revenge is a dish best served with a side of handcuffs and a hard ass-fucking. Remember that."
Really is a dirty fighter. Goddamn.
11 likes
“Is he following? Can you have a flaming gay moment or something and check?"
"Why do I have to be the flaming gay one?”
11 likes