Start by marking “Body & Soul (The Ghost and the Goth, #3)” as Want to Read:
Body & Soul (The Ghost and the Goth, #3)

Body & Soul

(The Ghost and the Goth #3)

The final book in The Ghost and the Goth Trilogy!

The Ghost
I’ve been trapped in the body of Lily “Ally” Turner for a month now. Talk about a fashion crisis on an epic scale. What worries me more, though, is sometimes I catch Will looking at me like he thinks I’m Lily...or that he wishes I were. Without the good looks of my former self, I don’t know who I am, or if who that
Published May 1st 2012 by Hyperion

To ask other readers questions about Body & Soul, please sign up.
Stacey Kade If it's on a site somewhere for free, that's a pirated copy, which is illegal. Please don't. :)
Can't Wait Books of 2012
2,527 books — 15,751 voters
YA Novels of 2012
1,322 books — 10,708 voters

More lists with this book...

✘Tabby✘
Oct 11, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle, e-book
THE REVIEW

Why this book?

I liked the other 2 books in the series

What I thought

This was a was a mix of emotions for me at times I loved at times I hated it. I just don't like the whole Alona in Lilly's body situation. I was actually happy when Erin pushed her out. Then Erin started acting stupid and I don't know it just irritated me. However It was nice to have old Alona back. I gotta admit I did like the Will and Ally interactions though. Alona and Will are one of my favorite young adult couples
shady boots | #WatchPOSE
I DON'T WANT THIS SERIES TO BE OVER.

A review of this book is posted on my blog!
Keertana
Aug 18, 2012 rated it really liked it
I am both simultaneously deliriously happy by the ending of this novel and sad that this trilogy is truly over. When I first picked up The Ghost and the Goth by Stacey Kade, I expected a cute, fun, and mindless read – I was right, but only in part. The Ghost and the Goth surprised me by having well-rounded characters and a romance that was slow, started with friendship, and actually had me rooting for it. Body and Soul ties up the loose ends in this novel perfectly.

Nevertheless, it took me awhi
Norah Una Sumner
“I know who you are, no matter what you look like,” he said quietly, surprising me.”

Stacey Kade slays my life.I swear to God,I will read everything and anything she writes.Anything. I've officially read both of her YA trilogies and let me tell you,I LOVE both of them.This series was so good,the characters were amazing and relatable,sarcastic and real,the story was very captivating with some seriously amazing twists that made this book a real page-turner.The characters developed so much throu
Jen
***UPDATE! 11/06/12***

Well look at that cover.
They are so HOT!

I didn't actually expect that this series would have a deeper story.
I was so happy when I finished the second book!
Now, I can't wait for the last one!
Well, this is the last one, right???

I just wonder how their story will end...
I mean I don't want Alona to stay in Lily's body FOREVER!
I also don't want Will to DIE!
Seriously! How can a person and a ghost be together forever???
God! I can't wait! Release the book!
I AM DYING HERE!

--------
Dani
Aug 09, 2011 rated it it was amazing
*** If you have not yet read The Ghost & The Goth or Queen of the Dead, there be slight spoilerishness ahead. ***

Final books in a series are always accompanied by such conflicting emotions, are they not? On the one hand, there’s excitement in the resolution, a satisfaction in a story well ended. On the other hand, it’s ended. Your brief glimpse, your privileged status of observer and confidante has been revoked, the characters to whom you’ve grown so attached moving on with their lives off-p
Zyra
Feb 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: young-adult
3.5
maybe because i read it back to back, i was getting a little bored or routine with all the alona dare's queen bee drama & attitude.
but it was every bit interesting and me wanting to know what will happen next.
Tabatha
How I felt when this book came out, and managed to get a copy:

How I felt when I realized there would be no more The Ghost and the Goth books:

Over & Out, T xx
Nitzan Schwarz
To read more reviews and fun things go to my blog; Drugs Called Books!

Oh. My. Freaking. God!
This was soooooooooooooooo good!
This book made my heart ache more than one time, which is an extremely good reaction from me. I felt these characters. They were so real, so there, so... just so. I cannot describe how sad I am to be saying goodbye to them, and can't wait to buy all the books.
And the ending! Oh, god. I knew it had to be something along these lines--I mean, they had to have a good ending.
Anna

As justifiable as it sounds, I DON'T WANT THIS SERIES TO END! I know how those other readers felt when say the same. BODY & SOUL isn't really the type of novel that you'd remember on a regular basis, but the series had absolutely grown into me. For me, reading the Ghost and the Goth series is like walking on a bright sunshiny day, metaphorically. There's something about this series that kept everything so subtle yet so cute at the same time. And clearly I have not made a mistake in getting t
Wendy F
Oct 09, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2012
YAY! I loved this book! I put off reading this final installment because I was a little disappointed with the second one. But, boy oh boy, was I happy with this one!

Will was HOTTER, Alona was HILARIOUS, the plot was back! I literally read this book in about 3 hours because I couldn't stop. I ate it up.

This series may look silly from the covers, but it is really so much fun! I read two and I was nervous that I'd hate the end of the book, but by the time I was done with Body & Soul I was hopi
Ferdy
Aug 05, 2012 rated it it was ok
2.5 stars - Spoilers

After borrowing a body in an attempt to communicate with her parents, Alona Dare ended up stuck in someone else's body. Alona must now pretend to be Lily Turner - a plain, unpopular girl that Alona had never noticed when she was alive. To make things more complicated, Alona's sort of boyfriend, Will, used to be friends with Lily and may have even been more had Lily not ended up in a coma after having a car accident. Will must help Alona out of Lily's body so she can move on.
Sharon
Dec 29, 2018 rated it liked it
Here are some of my thoughts:
• I love the concept of the series, but reading this last book, I am a bit disappointed with the plot. It’s just not preferable with the whole body possession thing. It wouldn’t be so bad if it was the body of someone they didn’t know or only vaguely knew, but for this to be Will’s friend and kinda-crush that got faded out – it’s pretty weird (weirder than it already is).
• Still, I admire seeing the character development in Alona. She’s definitely a multi-dimensional
Kristin
Feb 23, 2013 rated it liked it
There are major spoilers from previous books in the series in this review.

I’m torn between giving this book 2 or 5 stars. Obviously I was leaning more towards 2 since I gave it 3.

I honestly think Alona Dare and Will Killian are my favorite YA couple. And that’s saying something because there are so many great ones out there. Just the way Kade writes them and the way she had both of them grow and change over the course of the trilogy, and how they interacted with each other, I just loved everythi
Karla Mae (Reads and Thoughts)
Jan 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2012-reads
“It’s called a near-death experience. You should try it sometime,” I said sweetly. “Maybe without the ‘near.’”

It's been a month over now since Will and Alona faced The Order. After making a split-second decision that seems to change everything and in order to save Lily Turner, Will's former best friend, Alona decided to inhabit Lily's comatose body and now she's been living as her for a month. Though the body is not that good as her original one, Alona faced another set of trials, she's misera
Melannie :)
Oct 27, 2011 added it
Shelves: read-2012
WAAAAAAAAACK!
grrrrrrh
yuuuuuck

______________________

Official Review:

WARNING: This review contains a lot of spoilers for the people that have not read this series. Check out my review of book one to see if you think it's worth a try! ;)

I just finished, and I’m too freaked out to write anything…

*a day later*

So, this was weird. I mean all through the book this was my face:

It was just so weird. Let me explain.

Alona is still stuck in Lily’s body, she and Will are trying to find out a way for Alona to
Jessica  (My Not So Vacant Shelf)
Apr 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
The third and final instalment in the series and it was goooood! I loved it. They finally know each other but somehow misjudge how they would react to things when it comes to “Ally”. I just loved it. They moved out and on from high school to bigger problems like their future. What will Alona choose? What will Will choose? At some points while reading this I wanted to stop and set it aside, maybe it was because I didn’t want it to end or maybe because I didn’t want to know the ending. I mean what ...more
Pretty in Fiction
May 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviews-by-jesse
Originally posted on Pretty In Fiction.

Body & Soul is the third and final book in Stacey Kade's The Ghost and the Goth series. And honestly, it's probably my favorite book in the series. The Ghost and the Goth was incredible, just one of those books that catches you off guard with how awesome it is, and Body & Soul continued that tradition. Keeping me on my toes, wondering what was going to happen to Alona and Will in the end.

Will and Alona are the same as always. Bickering, fighting, av
Fani *loves angst*
I'm completely and utterly awed by this series: for me, all three books are among the best books I've read in 2015, but this last one was probably the best.

The story was full of drama, suspense, witty dialogues (I have highlighted almost half of the book) and some of the sweetest romance I've ever had the pleasure to read. I mean, I couldn't get enough of Will and Alona/Ally, even when they were fighting; those two were perfect for each other and the scene (view spoiler)
Γιώτα Παπαδημακοπούλου
Άλλη μία τριλογία κλείνει και μάλιστα, με τον καλύτερο δυνατό τρόπο. Μπορεί αρχικά να μην ήταν η σειρά εκείνη που κατάφερε να κλέψει τις εντυπώσεις, όσο, όμως, αυτή εξελισσόταν, τόσο επιτύγχανε όλο και περισσότερο να στρέψει τους δείκτες υπέρ της. Και ναι, αναμφίβολα, παραμένει μια πολύ νεανική σειρά που απευθύνεται σε πολύ συγκεκριμένο κοινό, αλλά αυτό δεν αναιρεί το ότι πετυχαίνει το σκοπό της, με κύριο όλον, να ψυχαγωγήσει. Γιατί, το δίχως άλλο, διαβάζοντας τη σειρά αυτή, είτε σου αρέσει είτε ...more
Dark Faerie Tales
Review courtesy of Dark Faerie Tales

Quick & Dirty: A good series conclusion filled with a surprisingly deep story of friendship and responsibility.

Opening Sentence: Malachi the Magnificent, Consultant to the Stars, had a storefront in a dingy, run down strip mall between a sketchy-looking Laundromat and a closed-up nail salon with a big, bright orange health department sticker plastered on its door.

The Review:

Body & Soul is the third and final book in Stacey Kade’s The Ghost and the Goth
Leigh Herondale
Oct 30, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone
For more reviews: http://sybillinebooks.tumblr.com

I finally read Body & Soul by Stacey Kade, the third and last book from The Ghost and The Goth trilogy. And again, as I've said in my reviews of the first two books, Stacey is just awesome. The story takes off almost a month after the events that transpired in Queen of the Dead. The story's protagonists are Alona Dare and Will Killian.

Hmm. What can I say? I loved this series from the get-go and again just like the previous ones I finished rea
Kelly
Jun 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing
*sniffles* I don't know if I'm ready for this series to be over. I like this world. I like Will. I like Alona. I like Will with Alona. I like the idea of ghost-talkers. I'm going to miss dipping into these books. It's okay. I'll get over it. I'll work through my issues. I'll cry myself to sleep tonight when nobody's looking. DON'T FRET! I'LL BE FINE!

Okay. When last we left our intrepid duo, Alona was stuck tight in Lily's body and Will was without his faithful spirit guide. Or at least his bruta
Suneha
May 31, 2014 rated it liked it
2.5 Stars

I did not have a lot of expectation on this book because if I did, then this book would've probably gotten a one star rating instead of three.
I was kind of disappointed with the Queen of the Dead and I wasn't planning on reading this book but, after reading long and complicated books for a while, I wanted to read something light, fluffy and short. This book fit into that category so after a looong break from this series, I decided to read the last book and wrap up this series once an
Kreiden
“Hard conflict and an expected ending”

Okay I got three (3) expected endings and my number one option gets it! So the whole story of the book 3 is quite confusing because it was a very twisted conflict with ups and downs like there’s no end with their problem. I kinda have a headache figuring on what kind of solution are they gonna come-up with…

The Characters of Alona and Will are way more improved and I must say I just love their affection to each other no matter how does the struggles are they’
Angie
May 10, 2012 rated it really liked it
(Série coup de ♥)
Il ne faudra pas chercher d'objectivité ici car je suis une fan d'Alona et Will depuis le début. J'ai craqué sur eux, et ne saurait dire lequel a ma préférence entre the ghost and the goth (elle avec son petit caractère bien trempé, et lui si mignon). ;)

Je suis triste de les quitter après seulement 3 volumes car le sujet aurait pu être exploité plus longuement sans lasser, mais j'accepte ce choix. Snif ! :'(

Bref, je n'ai pas été déçue par cette fin qui m'a réchauffé le cœur. M
kari
May 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2012, 5-star, ya
Fantastic ending to this trilogy.
The characters in this actually think about their actions, now to solve their own problems and whether their choices are morally right or wrong. There is growth from both of them, intentionally trying out different ways of behaving, seeing solutions that they can bring about.
This story takes off a few weeks after the last one. Without leaving spoilers for anyone who hasn't yet read the series, I'll just say there is romance (not over done and not the sole focus
Mary Ann
Dec 04, 2011 rated it really liked it
Oh como voy a extrañar a Alona♥ la amo ella es mi perra favorita jajaja Will :) aunque el final lo esperaba pero no me gustó tanto...en fin :P♥
Tímea
Oct 18, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-slovak
3,5*
Takýto happy end som nečakala, ale vždy lepšie ako žiadny :)
Celá séria je pre mňa jedna skvelá oddychovka :) Odporúčam :)
Katelyn (Tales of Books and Bands)
Such an awesome book but I'm so sad to see this series end :(
  • Reign Fall (Demon Princess #3)
  • Resisting The Alpha (The Crane Curse, #2)
  • Seducing the Dragon: Part 4 (Stonefire Dragons, #2 part 4 of 4)
  • A Killer First Date  (Drake Chronicles #3.5)
  • Shadow Kissed: Dimitri's POV (Vampire Academy, #3.1)
  • Social Suicide (Deadly Cool, #2)
  • A Tale of Two Proms (Bard Academy, #4)
  • The Chase for the Chalice
  • Bitterroot Crossing
  • Loved by the Alpha (The Shadow Pack Rules, #5)
  • Euphoria (Duality, #2)
  • Coercion: Part 3
  • The Ornament: Adrian and Sheri (Ornament, #3)
  • All I Want For Christmas is a Werewolf (Changeling Encounters, #3)
  • Fairy Bad Day
  • Shine (Shade, #3)
  • Love Sucks! (Bite Me, #2)
  • Perception (Clarity, #2)
The daughter of a minister and a music teacher, Stacey Kade grew up reading Harlequin romances on the sly in the basement. Kade is the author of two young adult series (The Ghost and Goth trilogy and the Project Paper Doll series). Her first adult contemporary romance, 738 DAYS, was released earlier this year.

Prior to writing full time, Kade worked as an award-winning copywriter for several Fortun

The Ghost and the Goth (3 books)
  • The Ghost and the Goth (The Ghost and the Goth, #1)
  • Queen of the Dead (The Ghost and the Goth, #2)
“My shirt is gray,” I pointed out. “You’ve expanded my fashion horizons dramatically. I wear three colours now.” 52 likes
“It’s called a near-death experience. You should try it sometime,” I said sweetly. “Maybe without the ‘near’.” 44 likes