Start by marking “I Am a Child of God” as Want to Read:
I Am a Child of God

I Am a Child of God

4.59  ·  Rating details ·  848 Ratings  ·  23 Reviews
Published October 1st 2001 by Covenant Communications

To ask other readers questions about I Am a Child of God, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Am a Child of God

Crystal
Jan 26, 2009 rated it it was ok
Yes the paintings are beautiful. Yes this book teaches children they are children of God. Yes, my baby LOVES this book, she brings it to me every day to read.
Why 2 stars? Because of this line:

"I know God loves me because he surrounds me with people who love me and keep me safe."

If that statement were true then God wouldn't love a lot of people.

Even if it said "because god wants what is best for me" or because Heavenly Father watches out for me."

It is one of my pet peeves when people believe th
Jenny
Jan 27, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: lds, picture-books
Love the illustrations (big Greg Olsen fan) but recently was exposed to a line in the book by a friend (see my comment on her review if interested) that though I am sure is well-intended does not seem to teach the correct truths about God's love since bad do happen to good people and people aren't always kept safe, but God does love them. I appreciated my friend's observation about this book, as I had never keyed into this before.
Aubrie
Nov 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
One of the best books ever along with Beautiful Savior.
Cathy
Aug 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I adore this book. The text is simple enough for the youngest child to absorb, the pictures are stunningly lovely. It's the perfect introduction to God's love and will make any child feel warm, safe, loved and secure. OK, I take on board previous reviewers' comments that not every child is 'surrounded by people who keep him safe' - yet, for any child whose parents care enough to buy this book, that line WILL be true. There's plenty of time later in life for them to find out about child abuse. Fo ...more
Savannah Stripling
This is a great book to show kids how we are a child of God. It starts off showing how we know we are a child of god. He hears our prayers, he is with us, he listens to us, he is our father, he gives us people to love us and that is how we know he loves us. We are all children of God and this book gives warmth and the illustrations really do a good job at setting the atmosphere and it really shows just how close God is to us and shows how much he loves us.
Kim
Oct 13, 2007 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: childrens-books
This is a beautiful book about the relationship with our Heavenly Father. The pictures of children at home and play by Greg Olsen are peaceful and heart warming. The words are simple and direct enough for even the youngest of children to understand they they are children of their Heavenly Father that are very loved.
Margaret
Sep 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I love this book. This book was actually read to me during a primary lesson. I thought it was a nice, short picture book for both young readers and older readers explaining that everyone is a child of God. And i really like the illustrations in this book.

I hope someday to purchase this book so I can reread it again.
Melissa
Sep 25, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone
Shelves: childrens
We read this book at least 2 nights a week the kids love it and often take turns reading each page. At the end we always sing the song and they always want to sing every verse which is on the very last page. The Greg Olsen Paintings in the book are beautiful and go perfectly.
Jan 27, 2008 rated it it was amazing
I should say "currently reading" we take this book to church with us every Sunday. It is one of our favorites because of the many items on each page to point out and talk about with the kids. I have always enjoyed Greg Olsen's art. This book would make a great gift.
Andrea Wilkinson
Oct 16, 2011 rated it it was amazing
beautiful words with beautiful illustrations!
Suzanne
Apr 23, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Love this book for sacrament meeting.
Jan 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is a wonderful childrens book. My 1 year old brings it to me over and over again so I can read it to her!
Terry Harp
Oct 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful book, and the art is superb.
Erika
Apr 09, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Love Greg Olsen's art work.
Dianna
Dec 29, 2015 rated it liked it
It's not bad but it's more a Greg Olsen art show than a children's book.
Sherri Condie Sillitoe
Nov 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is a beautifully illustrated book
Tanya
Mar 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Sweet text, but the star of this book are the gorgeous paintings by Greg Olsen. So beautiful!
Leslie
Sep 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
Bought it for Mavis.
Madeline
Nov 06, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful artwork and text.
Chris
Apr 02, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-s-books
A beautiful and well-written book. The illustrations are break-taking and the prose is exquisite.
Ariell
Aug 07, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Ariell by: Mom
I keep this one in my diaper bag. We look at it at church a lot. My Mom gave it to me when I had Andrew I think.
Amy
Nov 17, 2008 rated it really liked it
I have bought a couple of these for family and friends. A great Sunday book. Not the actual song lyrics though, so don't be surprised...
Megan
  • A Christmas Dress for Ellen
  • I Believe in Santa Claus
  • You Are Priceless: The Parable of the Bicycle
  • The Tower: A Story of Humility
  • You Are Mine (Wemmicksville, #2)
  • Women of the Old Testament
  • My Dear Sisters: Inspiration for Women from Gordon B. Hinckley
  • Between Husband & Wife
  • Forgotten Carols: A Christmas Story & Songbook (Book Only)