Start by marking “Nate's Deputy (Shifters' Haven #5)” as Want to Read:
Nate's Deputy (Shifters' Haven #5)

Nate's Deputy (Shifters' Haven #5)

3.75  ·  Rating details ·  339 Ratings  ·  20 Reviews
Book five in the Shifter's Haven Series

Can two very stubborn men conquer their personal demons in order to come together as mates?

Werewolf Nate Stanford is riddled with guilt over his brother Rick's much so that when he meets his mate-Deputy Sheriff Jared Ambrose-he rejects him, believing he is not good enough for Jared and not worthy of being loved. The only th
Published April 30th 2012 by Total E-Bound

To ask other readers questions about Nate's Deputy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Nate's Deputy

Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions

Poor Nate. So sweet and handsome but can't get over the guilt he feels because he blames himself for what his brother Rick did in book one.

So take the super sexy Nate

Then throw in his equally sexy Mate

Add in that they are both reluctant to mate and try to ignore their bond leads to some scorching tension.

This book had a lot of surprises and twists. It really set up a new direction for the story. You should read this to see the changes in store for Wolfcree
Ericka Walden
Jan 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing
(singing LOUDLY)...... AND IT KEEPS GETTIN BETTA!!!!! Lavinia is just one of those (very few authors) that I automatically just buy when I see her name!! And Missy never disappoint's!! Excellent addition to the series...and, uh....this is book 5.... So....not sure how to catch you all up if you haven't started the bout you run out and buy the first 4, read em, and then we'll talk. Kay? Come on..... Sigh.... Cowboys, Shifters, murder mystery, did I mention Cowboys? And Sh ...more
Jan 03, 2012 rated it really liked it
Although, if you want to read a really good review, cute, charming,and full of great pictures ..well you won't find that here, you better check this gorgeous review.
Oct 15, 2012 rated it liked it
This book was HOT! I totally enjoyed it. The plot was strong the smexey scenes were close to perfect... Why -0.5 well when I got next to the last page, she used the wrong name in a scene DAMN! Other than that the book was rock solid.
Valentina Heart
This review was originally written for The Romance Reviews and can also be found there.

When it comes to shifters, I've been through quite a few books and I'm always interested in the differences between them and the humans. After all, it's the very reason why I'm reading shifter stories in the first place.

NATE'S DEPUTY is the fifth book in the Shifters' Haven series and since it was noted that I could read it without having read any of the previous books, I jumped right in.

Nate has come home af
Barb Manning
Nate's Deputy is the fifth book in Lavinia Lewis' Shifters' Haven series. It's a standalone story about two strong-willed gay werewolf shifters, Nate Stanford and Deputy Jared Ambrose. Nate's Deputy focuses on life in the small town of Wolf Creek and the activities of its denizens.

Jared is looking to find a home for him and his troubled younger brother, Tristan; while Nate's want to restore the home his deceased brother Rick lost. At the same time these two stubborn young men work to gain a home
Sui Lynn
May 01, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m-romance
This was a very good shifter story. I've enjoyed all of the books in this series, some more than others. This one was especially good as both characters fought against the "we're mates=HEA" that many shifter stories are based on. I enjoyed the angst and the thickening main plotline that is driving this series. I'm anxious to see where it carries this series.

One bad point I've noticed about the author's style, at least in my opinion. The ending is a bit abrupt for my taste. I like to revel in the
May 08, 2012 rated it liked it
Recommended to Suze by: Won on IRM blog
I found this a good, easy to read story. Its no. 5 in a series but reads easily as a standalone - any history needed is given in a concise way or is easy to surmise. Its billed as a shifter paranormal - whilst the story thread is based on shifters, any actual shifting is minimal, so for someone like myself who is not overly comfortable with paranormal, this is really a 'normal' read. There are few explicit sex scenes - its either heavy petting style or referred to - i normally prefer a bit of he ...more
May 01, 2012 rated it liked it
If you've read the first 4 books of the series you pretty much know how this book will go romance-wise between Nate and Jared. There is more of a developed plot in this one, readers will learn that there's a conspiracy to reveal shifters to the human race and because Kalen is such a great alpha, Wolf Creek is the chosen place to initiate the plan.
Jul 04, 2012 rated it liked it
3.75 stars.

I liked this book and the fact that the sex did not happen until about 75% of the way in. The back-story is picking up and it had nice pacing. After being disappointed with the last two books in this series, Nate's Deputy was a fun read.
Undoubtedly the best of the series. I love this couple and their young misunderstood charge. Awww
Oct 24, 2011 rated it really liked it
the story is getting more and more interesting with a subplot about a conspiracy.
Apr 04, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m, romance, shifters
I'm not usually one for werewolves, but this one was keeping my interest... right up until the two leads started acting irrationally. I realize that the "mates" trope is all about not being in control, but random teenaged outbursts of jealousy are very DNW for me.

Another problem is that, this being the fifth in the series, they keep alluding to other couples. In and of itself, that's not a bad thing, but when half the plot hinges on homophobia, I have a hard time believing that an openly gay lea
May 23, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m
2012 Review:

In this one, future protagonists are sprouting all over the map.

And again, we have very little in the way of sex scenes, and all but one of those we do get are interrupted prematurely. XD

Except for the whole (view spoiler) threat (these long-term threats always make me uneasy), I pretty much enjoyed this book. It had a more mature feel to it. :3 But yeah. That conspiracy background is making me itchy. It’s plainly obvious (view spoiler)
Jun 19, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m
Too short, and the ending was rushed.
Feb 01, 2015 rated it it was ok
I mean, that whole outbid-on-the-ranch thing was a wasted opportunity. I wish there was a middle ground between these sickly sweet shifter stores and Shannon West's psycho violent ones.
May 09, 2012 rated it liked it
Megan Klotz
Oct 17, 2015
Jan 04, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Gustav's Gargoyle Adventure (Wolves of Stone Ridge #14)
  • Sunshine's Kiss (McCaffrey Men #1)
  • Riley's Downfall (Brac Pack #29)
  • Deadly Secrets (Kings of Eternity #1)
  • Ralston's Way (Prentiss, #1)
  • In My Arms Tonight (Love in XXchange, #8)
  • Let the Rain Come Down (Moonlight Breed #6)
  • A Cowboy  In Ravenna (Uncommon Cowboys #6)
  • Amara: The Rebirth
  • Belgian Chocolates and Incubus Kisses (The Taste of Love #1)
  • Liam (The Atherton Pack, #1)
  • Cold Moon (Moon, #3)
  • Two Lips, Indifferent Red
Lavinia discovered reading at an early age and could always be found with her nose in a book. She loved getting lost in a fantasy world even then. When her parents bought her a typewriter for Christmas at aged eleven, her fate was sealed. She spent hours dreaming up characters and creating stories. Not a lot has changed.

Lavinia is a Welsh Valley girl who has lived all over the UK. Today she lives
More about Lavinia Lewis...

Shifters' Haven (8 books)
  • Luke's Surprise (Shifters' Haven #1)
  • Cody's Revelation (Shifters' Haven #2)
  • Kelan's Pursuit (Shifters' Haven #3)
  • Aaron's Awakening (Shifters' Haven #4)
  • Gregory's Rebellion (Shifters' Haven #6)
  • Pete's Persuasion (Shifters' Haven #7)
  • Tristan's Despair (Shifters' Haven #8)

Romance Deals

• Everything We Keep (Everything #1)
    $3.99 $2
  • A Merciful Truth (Mercy Kilpatrick #2)
    $4.99 $2
  • Before I Knew (The Cabots, #1)
    $3.99 $2
  • Spiraled (Callahan & McLane #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Claiming Bailey (Ace Security #3)
  • The Girl in Times Square: A Novel
    $10.99 $1.99
  • A Daring Arrangement (The Four Hundred, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Return to Homecoming Ranch (Pine River Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dance with Me (Rice, Luanne)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Fired (Worked Up Book 1)
    $3.99 $2
  • A Merciful Death (Mercy Kilpatrick #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Accidentally Hers (Sterling Canyon, #1)
  • The Third Wish: A Novella
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Walking on Her Grave (Rogue River, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Repressed (Deadly Secrets, #1)
    $3.99 $2
  • Beautiful Broken Promises (Broken #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Chosen (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #15)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • From Sand and Ash
    $3.99 $2.00
  • Dreamology
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Curse Breakers (The Curse Keepers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
    $3.99 $2
  • Out of Control (Troubleshooters, #4)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
  • The Devil's Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Chilled (Bone Secrets, #2)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $3.99 $2.00
  • The Curse Keepers (The Curse Keepers #1)
  • Love, Chloe
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Bearly in Control (Shifters Undercover, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)