Start by marking “Tributary (River of Time, #3.2)” as Want to Read:
Tributary (River of Time, #3.2)

Tributary

(River of Time #3.2)

Lia struggles to overcome the fear that constant battle has heaped upon her; Gabi and Marcello face an unexpected crisis; and Lord Greco just may be ready to leave the grief and loss of his past behind him, so that he might grab hold of the future...
Published June 8th 2012 by Bergren Creative Group, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Tributary, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tributary

Start your review of Tributary (River of Time, #3.2)
Elaina
*Warning: My review may have some minor spoilers spread randomly through it, so take caution if you have not read these books before lol :P

I think I liked this novella the best out of the two!!! ^_^ Again, like I have said probably a million times by now lol Lia and Luca are just sooo adorable and cute together! I love getting to see their relationship grow more and more in each book. I love seeing Gabi and Marcello too <3 (view spoiler)
Kathy
Dec 01, 2011 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Everyone
I just love the overall feel of the series and the characters are awesome. I think I enjoy the trilogy a little better than the novellas, I think since the trilogy sticks with one POV, while the novellas switch between multiple characters. I like focusing on one main character/couple, instead of spreading an already short story between a six.

Anyway, this story focuses on Lia and Lucas and Rodolfo and a new character Alessandra. It was fun having a new character added to the mix. I kind of wish
Melanie
Dec 09, 2011 rated it it was amazing

The River of Time series is one of THE BEST series I've read so far! Tributary, the newest addition, was no exception because the greatness continued in this novella!

My favorite characters from this series have pretty much always been Lia and Luca (he's on the cover of Tributary) and I was so glad that a majority of this story featured them. Oh, and the scene where Luca gets a haircut courtesy of Lia was hilarious and probably one of my favorites! I just l
Cindy
Feb 03, 2012 marked it as to-read
When? I want now! Can hardly wait! *Swoon* lol!
Maria
Apr 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Yes!!! Finally!! Rodolfo and his love interest!!
This novella continues with the threat from the previous novella. A new character (view spoiler) is introduced, who was super interesting. Although at first I couldn't understand her (and her loyalty) at first, in the end, I came to love her. Her feisty spirit, but also her vulnerability made a great character and absolutely perfect for Rodolfo.
It was also really good to see Luca and Lia's relationsh
Margaret Metz
Sep 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I won the entire set of these books quite a while ago - but something happened in the mail and I never got them. I was disappointed - but ending up getting them on Kindle.

I have finished the entire series (including both bonus novellas) so I will stick to the general strengths and draws and not give away the plots.

This one (and indeed both novellas) carry on with the stories of all the main characters - not just tying up the loose ends with Luca and Rodolpho. I'm not the biggest fan of novellas
Yakety Yaks
Jun 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I’m happy to announce that, in my opinion, the series just keeps getting better.

Tributary is the first time in the series when Gabi doesn’t narrate the story at all. (She was the exclusive narrator of all three novels, and dominated most of Bourne as well.) While part of me missed her self-deprecating wit and determined POV, I was more than happy to give Lia center-stage with this one. Lia is the quieter of the two sisters, and her reserve has always intrigued me. I love getting in her head a bi
Rachelle Cobb
Feb 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle-read
What I Loved

Um, the whole thing. But I've said that before, haven't I?

Specifically, I loved the plunge into Lia's point-of-view (begun in Bourne and more fully developed in Tributary). I got to know Lia a little more. Loved that. In addition, I also got to read from a few other character's point-of-views, as well. This took some getting used to and got a little confusing at times, actually, as third-person was used for all but Lia. Sometimes I wasn't sure whose head I was in until a paragraph or
Sandy
Jan 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
I really, really love these books. I devoured all five of them in three days. I love the characters, the action, the romance, the intrigue, that setting...but four stars, you say? I've been Team Lord Greco for awhile now, and I just wasn't crazy about who he ended up with. She was okay and all, but I thought he deserved someone A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. Some like Lia or Gabi. (Not them specifically, but someone as awesome as them.) I'm glad he's happy and all, but I wish Bergren had created a character for ...more
Pragya
Mar 16, 2012 marked it as to-read
*impatiently tapping my foot* LISA!!!!! It's June....well, almost! I need my Share of Luca and Lord Greco and Marcello and...

You get the point, right?
Jennifer Simmonds
Jun 17, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy
This series is my guilty pleasure. It's not exactly well written, and the characters aren't all that original but I love Italy, I love medieval history and I love the idea of going back in time. So perfect for me really.
The major positive with this latest book in the series is that the annoying 'teen speak' has started to disappear. The girls are growing up after all, and they have been in another century for nearly two years, so understandable. Also Bergren's entire writing style is changing -
Katie
Jun 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing
*contented sigh*

It was SO awesome to delve back into medieval life alongside Gabi and Lia again. And with the addition of Ali to the band, things sure got VERY interesting during the course of this book!

While I was very frustrated with Ali in the beginning, she grew on me. And, hey, I couldn't blame her for her misguided beliefs--I might've done the same were I in her shoes. And I felt her pain when she found out, so cruelly, who the bad guys really were. But, then again, with the awesome trio--
Caitlyn Santi
Lisa Bergren has done it again!!! Lisa amazes me at her ability to keep every consecutive River of time book familiar and yet intoxicatingly (if that is even a word) different!!! Let me just say that if you have read any of the River of time books and thought they were good, then Tributary can, will and does blow all the others right out of the water!!! I cannot say anymore without revealing way too much. Just read it!!! That's an order! Straight from Marcello. Beg, borrow, ask the book fairy, I ...more
Deborah
May 19, 2012 rated it really liked it
I know, I know only four stars. I love this series and I think it's truly one of my favorites of all time. I just think there comes a time when I series needs to just end. I think it's time with this series. I think we are pretty much hashing the same story over and over again. There is really no tention left. I still really enjoyed this book, but I could tell I was not as into it as I have been with her past books. It still is always pleasant however, to check in on my old favorite characters o ...more
Jenn : Godzilla is King
May 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance-read
Well I just finished this and I'm ready to cry. Marcello and Luca once again showed their prowess and love for their women, Gabi and Lia by coming to their rescue. Sigh!!!!

Lord Greco finally found love and peace although I have to say I'm a little jealous lol. I was hoping to see Luca and Lia married in this book but hopefully they will be married in the last book, coming out soon I hope!

If you get a chance please read this series! It gives you insight on how the good and real knights of old t
Renee
May 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I'm rating this book for my students.* They love this series! These books are some of the most popular of my classroom library. Older students often point them out to the younger & encourage them to read them. Lisa Bergren is one of our favorite authors!

*I teach English in a Christian junior high/high school.
Jen Halligan
Nov 07, 2011 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars! So much goodness... TRIBUTARY mainly focuses on Lia and Luca, a new character - Alessandra, and... Lord GRECO! :) Gabi and Marcello have some sweet moments, as well as the family as a whole, but this story mainly focuses on Lia/Luca and Rodolfo. Loved it! Full review to come.
Sierra Abrams
Oh. My. Gosh.

The cover. THE COVER.

That is LUCA. As someone who never had a clear picture of him in the first three books, I'm now officially swooning! LOVE!!
Talia H.
Feb 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing
omfg. i cant find words to describe what i felt the whole while i read this book:) i started reading it at around 7:30 and i finished at 12:))) it was tht amazing;)
Rebekah Hart
Feb 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
These books are AWESOME!!!!!!!!!! The only problem is that I go through them too fast and than have to pray that Lisa T. Bergren writes more :) (not that that's a bad thing)
Aerykah
May 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic book! Love this series!
Rebecca John
Feb 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Woohoo hot Greco got himself a girl!!
Ms. Davis
Aug 17, 2017 rated it it was ok
I feel similar to this novella as I did to the previous (#3.1). It just was...weak. Although I loved that we learned so much more about Lord Greco (yay dark romantic character!), the writing is just getting blah to me. I don't know if the storyline is getting old or the characters are just becoming too predictable, but this series is starting to lose its luster to me. Although I always appreciated the nod to the religious nature of Gabi, etc., but it started to get to be a little too much. The f ...more
Kirsten
Apr 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was a great short little read. It is definitely part of a series but I loved that this one focused on it's own love story and had a conclusion to that story line. It was well written, entertaining and I really enjoyed it. It was clean with violence typical to this period.
SKC
Jul 02, 2012 rated it liked it
OK, I'm going to review this whole series as a whole here...

Overall, yes, I do rather like these. I think the author has a good sense of character, even if I do with the characters could be differentiated a wee bit more. The romance is at an enticing, convincing pace... for the most part.

I want to get the religion thing out of the way. I do understand that these are faith-based and I understand where the author is coming from. That being said... it's a little too "blind" for my taste. My religio
Alyse
Jun 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
I like Gabi better than Lia. But this book was good too!!!
Nellie
Nov 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. I appreciate that the book focused more on Evangelia.

There has been a short truce. Unfortunately, a Fiorentini girl comes to the castle.
Alisha
Jan 09, 2018 rated it liked it
This was a favorite in the series. It was short and to the point. Had a little drama, romance, and kept going with the story line yet with a new twist. Can I say I really like Luca's character?
Abby
Apr 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I think this might be my favorite book in the series. 😍
Ellie Emery
Feb 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: series, kindle
If you've somehow missed the River of Time series, you should go out - right now - and find them. Read them all, and then grab Tributary and devour it too. They're amazing. Simply amazing.

Now then, for a bit about what makes Tributary such a read ... First, that's Luca Forelli on the cover, and if you think he has shorter hair than perhaps a medieval Italian knight would have - you're right. But there's a really lovely scene where Lia cuts his hair. It'll make you swoon a little. But then, Luca
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
River of Time Tribe: Tributary 32 35 Jun 25, 2015 06:08AM
Best series EVER. 4 19 Aug 14, 2012 11:16AM
Black Plague 2 9 Jul 30, 2012 04:40PM

• The Piper's Pursuit (Hagenheim, #10)
  • An Uncertain Choice (An Uncertain Choice, #1)
  • A Daring Sacrifice (An Uncertain Choice, #2)
  • The Captain's Daughter (London Beginnings, #1)
  • For Love and Honor (An Uncertain Choice, #3)
  • A Lady Unrivaled (Ladies of the Manor, #3)
  • The Reluctant Duchess (Ladies of the Manor, #2)
  • The Peasant's Dream (Hagenheim, #11)
  • The Captive Maiden (Hagenheim, #4)
  • The Dancing Master
  • The Lost Heiress (Ladies of the Manor, #1)
  • Claudia, Wife of Pontius Pilate
  • The Vow (An Uncertain Choice, #0.5)
  • Lady Maybe
  • Lord Fenton's Folly
  • A Worthy Pursuit (A Worthy Pursuit, #1)
  • Once Upon a Prince (Royal Wedding, #1)
  • Cinderella: Junior Novel
About

Lisa Tawn Bergren is the best-selling, award-winning author of over 50 books, with more than 3 million copies sold. She is in the middle of writing The Sugar Baron's Daughters Series (KETURAH, VERITY and SELAH), and recently finished a teen series called Remnants (SEASON OF WONDER, SEASON OF FIRE, and SEASON OF GLORY). She's also written the River of Time Series (WATERFALL, CASCADE, TORRENT,

River of Time (4 books)
  • Waterfall (River of Time, #1)
  • Cascade (River of Time, #2)
  • Torrent (River of Time, #3)
  • Deluge (River of Time, #4)

News & Interviews