Start by marking “Serenity (Afterlife, #2)” as Want to Read:

Serenity

(Afterlife #2)

3.86  ·  Rating details ·  295 Ratings  ·  24 Reviews
Praise for Serenity:
You'll find yourself racing through the last few chapters to see just how it will end.(...) I really liked this book and am enjoying this series. I can't wait to get my hands on the next book. - Once upon a twillight

Description:
It is Meghan’s second year at The Academy.

While trying to help and care for Jason on earth she is struggling to keep up in
Kindle Edition, 1st Edition, 284 pages
Published October 11th 2011 by DMC

To ask other readers questions about Serenity, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Serenity

Tere Fredericks
I received a copy of this book free from the author, no strings attached. However, I have been reading horror for a while, so I checked this out.

As the author gave this away for members of her email list, I started it. When I thanked her, I mentioned this CAN be read as a standalone book, which surprised her. (If you are kind to authors, the are kind back!) However, I have now downloaded the first one because there were just enough clues in this one to make me want to read the series.

This is tru
Charlotte
Apr 07, 2013 rated it it was ok
After reading the first book yesterday and rating it similarly, I'm really not sure why I started reading this one today. (On finishing this one, I immediately started the last one thats on my Kindle) Its absurd as I find the whole premise to be so flawed & the comparisons with Harry Potter & Twilight to be ridiculously obvious....but why do I keep coming back?? I must enjoy it more than I am admitting to myself! The parts which are totally unique and inventive I really enjoy, like the r ...more
Bianca
Oct 24, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2013, fantasy, ebook
Same as the previous book...not much happening. I saw today though, that this book is great for readers around the age of 9. That could work...for 20+ I can not recommend it.
Nancy Silk
Sep 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
"The Afterlife Mission"

This is a paranormal story about life after death. The three main characters are Meghan, Mick, and Jason. Even though this is a book recommended for young adults, it's also a fascinating read for adults. Events here are very enthralling. Megan is in her afterlife and is being schooled how to ride Pegasus through severe storms. Mick is becoming a friend to her, and they're relationship may blossom further. Jason is her earthling ex-boyfriend who needs her help. She's always
cherubEagleEyes
Jun 02, 2018 rated it liked it
was ok I suppose! not nearly as good as bk1
nadina j whitsitt
Mar 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Serenity (Afterlife book 2

Awe Willow Rose I have read many books including yours and yours always thrill and excite me. Follow readers get this series you won't be sorry. If you have read any of her books then you what I am telling you the truth. Enjoy!
Wren
Feb 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a YA series of 4 books: Beyond, Serenity, Endurance, and Courageous. With that in mind, I'll say I really enjoyed them and found the subject matter and story progression original and very well written. Unfortunately, there were massive editing problems on the Kindle Unlimited copies I read, and that detracted from the read.

I have an interest in the afterlife from a very loosely-based Christian context and would think writing about would be pretty difficult. The story did not seem forced
Avardsin
Apr 12, 2013 rated it it was ok
I have to agree with Charlotte goodreads review (http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/15...)..

I also really hate the relationship aspect in this book. I mean really hate it... I don't like either Jason or Mick... The hate Jason and I hate how Meghan is hung up on him. I hate how Meghan seems to be with Mick just because it better than being alone... I hate how Mick acts AND the engagement was just a joke, Plus how Mick thought that gave him the right on how to tell Meghan what to do... ARGHHHH!

Thi
Once Upon a Twilight
First I want to say how much I love the cover of this book. The colors, purple and white, on a black background spin around and look like some kind of electric tornado. Very cool!

In Serenity, Meghan starts her 2nd year of school. She and her class are learning how to fly on Pegasus' and fly through severe storms. She becomes closer with Mick and longs to visit Jason, hoping there is something she can do to help him. she essentially saved his life in the last book because she knew something bad w
life's a fairy tale
Mar 24, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2013
One word pretty much sums up this book and that is "ugh." While there were (very few) interesting and exciting parts, most of it was pretty boring. I find the characters really one dimensional. Again, like the first book, the ideas are there but the execution wasn't.

And, unlike the first book, where I didn't care about the love story or who Meghan "chooses," I can officially say I HATE Mick. There is nothing hot, redeeming, or cute about him. I want to gag whenever he is around. SO bored.

This b
Rosie Amber
Feb 03, 2013 rated it liked it
I quite liked this book which is most suitable for the YA audience. The start was good and made me want to read on. I think that perhaps care needs to be made with the storyline, as I found myself making several comparisons to the Harry Potter series. For instance the teacher who prefers living and working in the forest who has a wolf and teaches the pupils about flying horses (Hagrid?). The pupil who can change into a creature of the night (Sirius/ Lupin etc). The magic invisibility stone (Harr ...more
Hans
Apr 17, 2014 rated it it was ok
Very disappointing after book 1. I loved book 1's exploration of the afterlife and being a spirit. The angels have been dumbed down in this book, not nearly as wise as written in book 1. This one loses the appeal due to the focus on the love story between the 16 year old spirit and a possessive 100 year old spirit (again a character that seemed to have lost about 50 IQ points since the first book).
Kathleen
Mar 22, 2013 rated it liked it
Again, it has very heavy overtones to Harry Potter. We continue in the book to watch Megan deal with her afterlife. The cliche relationship between one girl and two very different boys also has me often thinking of Twilight. The true story of life continuing after we die, with hard choices and crazy adventures keep me reading.
Shelley Deuso
Dec 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This book was just as good as the first and I absolutely cannot wait to finish the third!
I will still recommend for our paranormal readers and any age starting with tweens.
I can't think of anything I really wasn't pleased with in the story. I just hope to find out what happens and what happened to our little spirit Meghan, so I am on to the next in line now.
nicole nowak
Jan 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
loved this book. what happens when you die? in this wonderful series you are sent to school to learn the basics of being dead. from floating, flying, and going through walls. but when she discovers a mirror that takes her back to the human world and a human in need of help. will she break more rules to try and save him?
Sonya Garza
Feb 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Greeat story of the after life. All three are totally worth reading. Not my normal type of book, but me and my daughter really enjoyed it. Makes you wonder what life after human death is really all about. Sad and happy all the same to learn how she truly died and life after human death is just a new beginning.
Robin
Oct 25, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This was a wonderful sequel. Every bit as good as the first book in the series. Now on to the third one - I am really excited to see what happens next. I can recommend this to anyone who enjoys a good paranormal romance.
Connie Marx
Aug 30, 2013 rated it liked it
I read this series in the spring, and just realised I didn't add this book. The books were good simple reads, entertaining.
Becky
Apr 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
Better than the first one.
Vykki
May 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: a-must-read
A wonderful book lots of twists and turns. Wonderful characters and a great story line.
Cindy
Feb 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
loved it but again TO SHORT. Just get into the story and I'm done :-( Onto the last in the series
Allison
Oct 31, 2011
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Mar 17, 2015 10:54AM
make it for barnesandnoble! 1 2 Jan 06, 2013 11:15PM
  • My Soul to Keep  (Soul Keeper, #1)
  • Walk the Right Road Box Set
  • Grimm End
  • Revenge of the Homecoming Queen (Aspen Brooks, #1)
  • Arcadia's Gift (Arcadia Series #1)
  • The Doorknob Society (The Doorknob Society, #1)
  • Blood Calling (Blood Calling, #1)
  • Dark Union (Descent, #3)
  • The Vicarage Bench Anthology
  • Blue Violet (Svatura, #1)
  • Paranormal Realities (A Paranormal Romantic Suspense Box Set)
  • Aligned (Immortal Essence, #0.5)
  • Taken (Channie, #2)
  • Falling (Hemlock Bay, #1)
  • Severance (Volition, #2)
  • Veined (Guardian of the Angels, #1)
  • Altercation (Perilous, #2)
  • Dark Entry
The Queen of Scream aka Willow Rose is a #1 Amazon Best-selling Author and an Amazon ALL-star Author of more than 50 novels. She writes Mystery, Paranormal, Romance, Suspense, Horror, Supernatural thrillers, and Fantasy.
Willow's books are fast-paced, nail-biting pageturners with twists you won't see coming.
Several of her books have reached the Kindle top 20 of ALL books in the US, UK, and Canada.

Afterlife (4 books)
  • Beyond (Afterlife,#1)
  • Endurance (Afterlife, #3)
  • Courageous (Afterlife, #4)

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• World After (Penryn & the End of Days, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fortune's Rising (Outer Bounds #1)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days, #1)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • End of Days (Penryn & the End of Days, #3)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • The Beginning of the End (Apocalypse Z, #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Going Wild (Going Wild #1)
  • Renegade: The Lost Books, Book 3
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Awakening (The Vampire Diaries, #1)
  • Making History
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Godsgrave (The Nevernight Chronicle, #2)
    $10.99 $2.99
  • Carve the Mark (Carve the Mark, #1)
    $10.99 $1.99
    $12.99 $3.99
  • Enchantress (Evermen Saga, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Glass Magician (The Paper Magician Trilogy, #2)
  • Let the Right One In: A Novel
  • Come Out Tonight
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Iron Trial (Magisterium #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • First Drop of Crimson (Night Huntress World, #1)
  • Fawkes
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Sticks & Stones (Upside-Down Magic #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Hidden Relic (Evermen Saga, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Soul of the Fire (Sword of Truth #5)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2)
  • The Witch's Vacuum Cleaner and Other Stories
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Last Namsara (Iskari #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Rift Uprising (The Rift Uprising Trilogy #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Girl from Everywhere (The Girl From Everywhere, #1)
  • A Game of Thrones: The Graphic Novel: Volume One
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Temple of the Winds (Sword of Truth Book 4)
    $9.99 $2.49
  • The Witch's Daughter (The Witch's Daughter, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Winter King: A Novel of Arthur (Warlord Chronicles)
  • Journey to the Center of the Earth
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Riot (Peter Grant, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Venom in the Veins (Elemental Assassin, #17)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The City of Brass (The Daevabad Trilogy, #1)
    $11.99 $1.99
  • I, Robot
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Wizard's First Rule (Sword of Truth, #1)
    $8.99 $2.49
  • Running with the Demon (Word & Void #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Infomocracy (The Centenal Cycle, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Atopia Chronicles (Atopia, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Stone of Tears (Sword of Truth Book 2)
    $9.99 $2.49
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Broken Pride (Bravelands, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Quicksilver (The Baroque Cycle, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sweep in Peace (Innkeeper Chronicles, #2)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Player of Games (Culture, #2)
  • Immortal: Love Stories with Bite
    $8.99 $1.99
  • The Book of the Unnamed Midwife (The Road to Nowhere, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Witch's Reign (Desert Cursed, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Into the Fire  (The Thin Veil #2)
  • The Sudden Appearance of Hope
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Path of the Storm (Evermen Saga, #3)
  • Rite of Passage