Start by marking “Bleach, Volume 39” as Want to Read:
Bleach, Volume 39

Bleach, Volume 39 (Bleach #39)

4.21  ·  Rating details ·  2,273 Ratings  ·  29 Reviews
El Verdugo
The battle between the Soul Reapers and Aizen over the fate of Karakura Town continues with more warriors joining the fight. But when Captain General Yamamoto enters the battlefield, can he put a quick end to Aizen's minions?
Published April 3rd 2012 by VIZ Media LLC (first published June 4th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Bleach, Volume 39, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bleach, Volume 39

MissAnnThrope
18 December 2012

To be honest, I thought Bleach, Volume 39: El Verdugo was going to be a disappointment. The battles in the beginning of the book, which focused on the female Shinigami, lacked the excitement expected from a fight involving the Soul Reaper captains and their adjutants. I found the sketches in between the chapters more entertaining than the actual fights.

And then Ayon happened...
(view spoiler)
Brenda
Jun 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017, manga
Head Captain Yamamoto was badass the way he just defeated Ayon, Apache, Mila Rose, and Sun Sun. The fight between Shunsui/Stark and Ichigo/Ulquiorra is gonna be great. Hinamori is another character that I am not very fond of. Even after everything Size has done deep down she still thinks that he can be saved and I don't like that she is putting Captain Hitsugaya in a horrible position.
Nidah (SleepDreamWrite)
Good volume.
Hana Eka
Tidak suka HInamori sedari awal.

Ukitake taichou gentlemen sekali. Suka :)))

Primera Espada kalau sudah serius berkurang juga aura oyaji-nya. xD9
Sara
Jan 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
Sophia F
Destiny
Nov 03, 2012 rated it really liked it
Day 3 of the November Bleach Re-Read. Btw this is probably the last day as I can't spend any more money at the moment haha. I've went over a bit.

Anyway most of the volume contains the fights taking place in the Fake Karakura town. Yamamoto enters the battle and quickly owns mofos.

I really liked seeing Hinamori return to battle. I've always been fond of Momo for some reason. A large majority of the fandom hates her, but I find her to be cute and while I can't exactly empathize with her, it's inte
Jeffrey
Continuing the battle for Karakura town, we get the opportunity to see Soi Fon in combat against someone other than Yoriuchi and we finally get some opposition with at least a twist, if not actual personality. The highlights remain Captains Ukitake and Kyoraku (both prominently features on the back cover) and oddly enough, the main cover would be spoilery if it was at all decipherable whatsoever.

The final chapter finally returns us to Ichigo (and crew) and a new queston arises as he has absolut
Bbabri
Sep 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Most már tényleg beindultak a harcok, egyik jobb, mint a másik. Soi Fong nem okozott csalódást, de még hátra van…
Hinamori felbukkanása kicsit bosszant, mivel ki nem állhatom.
Halibel Fraccio-ja sem érdekel különösebben, örülök, hogy véget ért most a szerepük. Viszont Halibel érdekel. Végre egy női Espada, aki_felnőtt_ és erős is!
Hisagi és Kira is bekapcsolódott – ismét – aminek viszont örülök, mert nagyon szeretem mindkettejüket.
Ami még mosolygásra késztetett, az Stark és Kyoraku társalgása. Anny
Artemis
Stephen  Alff (AlffBooks)
Bleach was definitely very interesting to read and different to what I usually read. I enjoyed the whole soul reaper concept and how we find out more and more about the main character as the story goes on.

It's a fast read and is easy to understand but gets progressively more difficult to follow parts of the story due to there being so many different characters that can be qualified as important in the progression of the story.

I would recommend it for the story line and the graphics but I do feel
Sarah Hayes
May 22, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: manga-lns-misc
A pretty middle-of-the-road volume of Bleach, with some seriously good spots - like the arrival of back-up from Soul Society and the actions of a certain elder shinigami. And it looks like Kubo has finally remembered Ichigo exists and is in the middle of a major duel. If volume 40 is dominated by the Ichigo/Ulquiorra fight, that would be all right with me.
Nike Linarto
May 18, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
Captain Soifon of 2nd division fights very well too..
Meanwhile Hinamori comes as an aid to Matsumoto, both of them fight 3 fraccions (girls fight). Situations under control, until the 3 fraccions release their Chimaera pet. Matsumoto was badly injured, but Shuhei Hisagi and Kira come as reinforcement. Finally Captain Yamamoto has to come to fight, in order to save all of them.
Daniel
Oct 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
This particular volume I found really good, the artwork was great! The story is moving along nicely, and Tite Kubo does a good job of juggling all the different elements going on, without it getting confusing.
M. Ashraf
Apr 03, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bleach
This was much better than the previous volume, but at the end of it :/
When Captain-Commander himself join the battle :)
We get to knew the finale order of the remaining 3 Espadas, and by that we know all of them.
and We get to see the fight at Los Nochas...
Emmy Lou
For some reason, all of the female characters can't hold their own. Ichigo is still fighting Ulquiorra (whom I love but can't pronounce or spell), I totally forget what Rukia's doing, or the others. I really miss Uryu at this point. Also, if Matsumoto dies, I am going to be extremely unhappy.
Taruia
Jun 20, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
Many battles being battled between battlers and the battlees. I know many of these words aren't really words. I think it is probably a good thing that we now have a battle which clears out all the insignificant characters because it does become a little confusing with 25+ main(ish) characters.
Rachel (Sfogs)
Dec 11, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
That chimera was VERY ugly.
Miss
Mar 04, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
nearly forgot about this! probably because it was bland as heck, like the whole thing was fight scenes and posturing. does anyone still care? data suggests no. 2 stars
Indah Threez Lestari
#Program BUBU

Pertama kali dibeli dan dibaca pada tanggal 31 Maret 2011.
Samantha wickedshizuku Tolleson
May 19, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Manga fans, Anime fans
We start off this volume with Chapter 332: Fang and Sting.
La Revistería Comics
Jul 03, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ed-arg, manga
Qué grosso que queda el título de Bleach en castellano.
Sarah ~Sehrenity~
Why are the female Soul Reapers suddenly acting weak?
Vendea
Boj s Allonem vážně nemusím... ale je tu Starrk!
Steph
Nov 28, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Bleach fans
Recommended to Steph by: Kelsey
Great manga; one of my top favorites.
Chelsea
Oct 16, 2017
Alesia Riccio
Apr 10, 2018
Courtney
Aug 22, 2013
Mar 29, 2012
  • Naruto, Vol. 44: Senjutsu Heir (Naruto, #44)
  • ONE PIECE 58 (One Piece, #58)
久保 帯人, also transliterated Taitou Kubo, Taito Kubo, or Jiu bao dai ren.

The son of a town council member in Fuchu, Aki District, Hiroshima. He never took drawing seriously until he was 17; after reading Dragon Ball he knew he wanted to be a manga artist. At the age of 18 he submitted his first concept for the series Zombiepowder but it got rejected. Zombiepowder was rejected multiple times until K
More about Tite Kubo

Bleach (1 - 10 of 74 books)
  • Bleach, Volume 01
  • Bleach, Volume 10

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• The Lathe of Heaven
    $7.99 $3.99
  • Lumière (The Illumination Paradox, #1)
  • Sense and Sensibility and Sea Monsters
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Pride and Prejudice and Zombies
    $9.99 $1.99
  • King of Thieves
  • Area 51 (Area 51, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Earth Strike (Star Carrier, #1)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • Parable of the Sower (Earthseed)
    $17.99 $2.99
  • The Mission (Area 51, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Mongoliad (The Mongoliad Cycle Book 1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Fourteenth Goldfish
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Extinction Point (Extinction Point, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Fate of Perfection (Finding Paradise #1)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • Gates of Thread and Stone (Gates of Thread and Stone #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Earth & Sky (Earth & Sky, #1)
  • After On: A Novel of Silicon Valley
    $13.99 $1.99
  • The Sphinx (Area 51, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Atopia Chronicles (Atopia, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Rewinder (Rewinder Series Book 1)
  • Master of Formalities
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Grail (Area 51, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Falconer (The Falconer, #1)
    $7.99 $0.99
  • The Eighth Guardian (Annum Guard, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Deviants (Dust Chronicles #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Excalibur (Area 51, #6)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Into the Black (Odyssey One, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fate of Devotion (Finding Paradise, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Points of Impact (Frontlines #6)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • The Shadows (The Fianna Trilogy, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Dystopia Chronicles (Atopia, #2)
  • The Guardian Herd: Starfire
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Infinite (Gates of Thread and Stone #2)