Start by marking “The Va Dinci Cod” as Want to Read:
The Va Dinci Cod

The Va Dinci Cod

3.06  ·  Rating details ·  210 Ratings  ·  28 Reviews
Avec son sang, un conservateur renommé avait écrit une phrase unique : "l'eclise gatholique m'a tuer !". Ainsi commence l'histoire du plus grand complot de tous les temps et c'est à un jeune anagrammatologue de renom et une jeune et belle cryptologue de la police française qu'il incombe de mener l'enquête. Parodie du "Da Vinci code".
Paperback
Published May 11th 2006 (first published 2005)

To ask other readers questions about The Va Dinci Cod, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Va Dinci Cod

Vasia
May 28, 2009 rated it it was ok
it was a CRAZY book!!and it really moaked the original. i finished it in a couple of hours. it wasn't great, but it did have some funny lines.
Hákon Gunnarsson
I think The da Vinci Code by Dan Brown is a pretty good page turner. I read it in a couple of days. But it isn't anything beyond that. It's just a thriller. Because of all the drama around the book, and the religious "theory" the plot is built up on, I have been certain from the time I read it that it is very open to parody.

This book almost proves that. It has a great beginning, very funny, and a very good parody of the beginning of the original. Then after that opening scene I felt it slowly s
Jo Woolfardis
I have never read The da Vinci Code because I have taste and better things to do with my time, but due to the film and other things, I pretty much get what it's about.

This is riding on the back of the "success" of the Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings parodies that were in the same vain as this, but I think this one was done much better. It had funnier moments and didn't try too hard to be as sarcastic or as vile as the other ones. Still not brilliant but for quick humour escapism it's alright.
 Δx Δp ≥ ½ ħ
ya ampun.... jika Anda berpikir buku parodi yg "suka ngasal" bahkan cenderung mengolok-ngolok karya asli, cobalah baca buku ini... unutk menulis buku ini, sepertinya penulis harus melakukan riset "seribet" Dan Brown dalam menulis DVC

Di suatu buku, pernah saya membaca bahwa dulu, para kristiani yang bersembunyi di bawah teror Roma suka menggunakan simbol ikan sebagai media komunikasi mereka dan di tuliskan di nisan makam. mungkin ini alasan, kenapa misteri Ikan Cod, menjadi bisa begitu rumit dan
Donny
Oct 07, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ini parodi Da Vinci Code yang menarik dan gak sembarangan bikinnya. Penuh tanggung jawab historis dari penulisnya sehingga dapat melontarkan banyolan yang lucu dan segar tanpa kehilangan tanggung jawabnya sevagai plesetan sejarah!
Rui
Aug 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Yes, five stars.

Why?

Because the book set out to be e a "Da Vinci's Code" spoof and ended up going way beyond that.
It didn't go for the easy jokes (mostly), and it kind of ended up making a point about how any "conspiracy theory" might make sense, no matter how senseless it really is.

I've laughed out loud at the "reveal" of Eda Vinci's Code (pertaining, by the way, Cods, of course), but at the same time I could see how real, serious, non-nonsensical people could defend it in the real world.

So,
Kevin Willcocks
Jun 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
A great little read ,very funny
Ilkka Prusi
Dec 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Brilliant parody of the most silliest book/movie in recent years.
You'll laugh, a lot. Recommended.
Khalid
Jun 22, 2007 rated it liked it
Shelves: already-read
The Va Dinci Cod is a parody of The Da Vinci Code. This book is a crazy but hilarious parody that I enjoyed reading. In fact, I only got this book yesterday, and I could not stop reading it until I was done with it, which is not very common for me.

I have to start out by saying that I did not read the complete original novel, but rather listened to an abridged version of it (I did not know that it was heavily abridged until much later, and was not that interested in the book to go and get the ful
BookAmbler
Apr 26, 2011 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: abandoned
Picked this up because a couple of bits made me laugh... but having read half of it (on lots of trains on Saturday) it's getting a bit tiresome. Will finish it, probably.

From the back cover;
In his own blood, the dying man had written a single sentence in splashy, red letters. It was very much a red letter statement.

THE CHATHOLIC CURCH HAD ME MURDERED!

For long seconds Donglan stared at the mysterious message. ‘That, Doctor Donglan,’ said Tash, ‘is why we have called you at this time. That mysteri
Deepak
May 03, 2010 rated it it was ok
Now that I am through with the parody, I contemplate which is better - this or the original? And after serious thought I think that both are equally lame, in their respective genres. The Da Vinci Code never did justice to the fact that it was supposed to be a thriller (with all the unbelievable code-cracking and an overly crooked line of events), while this one managed to evoke only a few laughs.

As far as a book like "The Da Vinci Code" is concerned, there is ample room to play around and make
Susan
Feb 16, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: humour
This book was very much a case of if you are bored out of your mind and literally have nothing better to do then read it. I found that the story VERY loosely was based around the da vinci code, and the jokes really didn't appeal to my humour, possibly if this was an experience rather than something you had to read it might be more humorous. The humour I found unintelligent and so much that you read in it was just things put in there to be random.

I wanted to see a reason this book was written bu
Alistair Pyke
I am part of a rare breed that has never read The Da Vinci Code or seen the film, so I'm only vaguely familiar with the source material for this send up.
While there are a few humourous lines they are few and far between and the plot is kind of ridiculous, mind you that was the intention.
The saving grace is that it's quite short and easy to read.
Christiana Hadji
Aug 23, 2016 rated it it was ok
Όπως αντιλαμβάνεστε από τον τίτλο, πρόκειται για μια παρωδία του Da Vichy Code του Dan Brown. Δυστυχώς ήταν περισσότερο σαχλή παρά έξυπνη. Τα διαρκή λογοπαίγνια με τις αγγλικές λέξεις (π.χ. cod=God) θα πρέπει να ήταν εφιάλτης για τον μεταφραστή που προσπάθησε να τα μεταφέρει στα ελληνικά όσο καλύτερα μπορούσε, αλλά δεν μπορούσε να κάνει και θαύματα.
Yanan Melo
Nov 17, 2014 rated it it was ok
Badly written, stupid humor, facepalm moments, complete nonsense. That's what I call a parody.
Lisa Bennett
Aug 02, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
Pile of crap. I laughed once, at the line about pitch black being like the colour of a ps2, but otherwise, a total bore!
Michael Burns
Someone clearly had far too much time on their hands, but I'm sure glad that they did! Funny and entertaining book that only takes an hour or two to read!
Amanda Sheila
Nggak ngerti sama buku ini, dan sama sekali nggak selesai bacanya. Untung dikasih orang bukan beli sendiri. :)
Barbara Whittaker
Hilarious - a great spoof
Juniar
Aug 03, 2007 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: novel
Even the parody was lame. But still better than the original, in that it admitted straight-facedly that it was a fiction.
Faysal Subhani
May 09, 2016 rated it it was ok
I usually like ARRR Roberts' parodies. This however, was boring.
Charity Rollorata
Sep 24, 2016 rated it it was ok
A little bit funny!
Agustinus
This is a funny parody of The Da Vinci Code. I was laughing a lot when editing this Indonesian version of The Va Dinci Cod.
Pulung
Dec 10, 2007 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Orang-orang iseng
Wuahahahaaaa...

Komedi gila. Asik gak asik. Ceritanya ketebak gak ketebak. Pokoke gila. Baca aja sendiri...

Ha ha ha...

-Ria-
Steffanie
rated it it was ok
Jul 28, 2012
Kristy Marcinová
Jan 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Very good spoof, I literally laughed out liud on each and every page :)
Jeril
rated it did not like it
May 07, 2012
Katrina
May 01, 2011
Davina
Jan 05, 2012
Khaled
Jul 30, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Barry Trotter and the Dead Horse (Barry Trotter, #3)
  • Apocalypse Nerd
  • Bigger than Hitler – Better than Christ
  • Drunken Marmut: Ikatan Perkumpulan Cerita Teladan (Cicitan Harimau Pidi Baiq)
  • Ghost Stories
  • Creature of Havoc (Fighting Fantasy, #24)
  • The Beasts of Barakhai (Books of Barakhai, #1)
  • Gringos
  • Beguiled (Queen of the Otherworld, #2)
  • Not George Washington: An Autobiographical Novel
  • Nancy is Happy: Complete Dailies, 1943-1945
  • The Prodigal Tongue: Dispatches from the Future of English
  • Calculus: Concepts and Contexts [With CD-ROM]
  • Hunter/Victim
  • German: How to Speak and Write It
  • Sears and Zemansky's University Physics
  • Don Carlos and Mary Stuart
  • Breaking Yawn: The Second Book in the Twishite Saga: A Parody (Twishite Saga, #2)

Adam Roberts (born 1965) is an academic, critic and novelist. He also writes parodies under the pseudonyms of A.R.R.R. Roberts, A3R Roberts and Don Brine. He also blogs at The Valve, a group blog devoted to literature and cultural studies.

He has a degree in English from the
More about Adam Roberts...