Start by marking “The Supermodel's Best Friend” as Want to Read:
The Supermodel's Best Friend

The Supermodel's Best Friend

(Resort to Love #1)

Happily-ever-after isn't only for the rich and beautiful...

When her long-term fiancé dumps her, 34-year-old Lucy Hathcoat is determined to replace him as efficiently as possible. Her best friend the supermodel is getting married to a billionaire -- what better place than their week-long wedding in a luxury eco-resort to find a new man? Lucy isn't picky; she just wants a de
Published October 3rd 2011 by Gretchen Galway (first published October 2nd 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Supermodel's Best Friend, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Supermodel's Best Friend

Start your review of The Supermodel's Best Friend
Sandra Lopez
Jan 20, 2016 rated it it was ok
I enjoyed This Time Next Door and was looking forward to this book, but, unfortunately, it wasn't a favorite.

It starts off interesting enough with Lucy just being dumped by her fiancé--via Smartphone technology. And Miles was just dumped by his b#tchy girlfriend for being unable to commit. The two get thrown together at posh wedding of a supermodel and a billionaire.

The new twist here is: In an effort to salvage her drying eggs, Rose's friends will pick the man she will marry. The thing was I
Barbara "Cookie" Serfaty Williams
The Supermodel"s Best Friend

The love story of Miles and Lucy. Both, Lucy and Miles are doped by their significant other just before the wedding of their best friend. Miles and
Lucy meet at a week long wedding celebration. Will they find love? You love of.
Crisanda (Sapphire)
Aug 24, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019
Light, sweet & hilarious! ...more
Antonette
Aug 12, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a nice story - 3.5 stars. At first I was having a difficult time with it because it I was having trouble connecting with Lucy and her friends but I am glad I stuck with it because she redeemed herself and I ended up liking her (and it helped that her friends weren't such a huge part of the story).
Lucy is consumed with having a plan for everything. A plan that includes being married ASAP and having kids before she's 30. After her fiancé who she has been with for 8 years leaves her for so
Kris Pittman
Gretchen has her talons in me now! I bought this right after reading This Time Next Door because I fell in love with her writing. That love held true through The Supermodel's Best Friend, and I was actually a little annoyed it took me longer to read because of outside forces. Dang you, real-life!

I will be truthful and tell you I was not sold on Lucy from the beginning. Having just read Rose, who is almost complete opposite of Lucy. I warmed up to her though, the further we got into the book the
Sheyla ✎
Sep 23, 2012 rated it it was ok
Lucy Hathcoat has recently been dumped by her fiancee. She can't believe she wasted all those years with him. To makes matter worse her best friend is getting married to a billionaire. Her best friend is a famous supermodel. After after thinking about it, she decides that maybe a change in venue will help her meet a new guy she can start a family with.
Miles Girard's best friend is getting married. He recently became single and is happy for his freedom. he is happy with his job and is not looking
Erin Baker
Feb 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
This was a cute book. A girl with a plan meets a boy who wants none of that kind of thing and guess what!? They fall in love... don't worry. It's not a spoiler. You kind of get the hint by chapter 2. I liked it and it was playful and hawt in some chapters, but the end just wasn't enough for me to want to find out about two other characters (with the main two from this book making cameo appearances) in the next book.
I'd recommend this book, sure... but what is wrong with me that I was halfway thr
Lisa Roberts
Definition of a guilty pleasure

Reading this trashy romance novel takes me back to my early teen years when I couldn’t find enough a Harlequin romances or Gothic Romances. Nothing very redeeming about it, but it’s fun and sometimes you just need to sit back and enjoy the formula. It’s a fine book for its type and I might even be tempted to read the next in series - probably not too soon because it’s nearly November and that’s write my own novel time.
Daniela Bernaldo
Jun 04, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Life isn't supposed to be easy. That is why we try to plan everything, we are trying to make it simple. But a plan always has it's flaws, no plan will go on without a skipped part or unexpected results. We should live in the moment, think about the future but not letting go of what we have right now. Life is too short to regret and plan everything we do, we should just go with the wind.
Julie York
Apr 16, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
The Supermodel's Best Friend ( Resort to Live 1)

I couldn't have been more bored in my life. The book barely discussed the woman being a Supermodel in this story. It talked about more of a wedding.
Angela Watts
Same ole same oie
Mina
Sep 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved

I loved it so cute and funny so much always happening in this book and what a wedding, this goes to show what money can but never in New Mexico!!
Mary Woolsey Ruby

It was cute. I liked the concept at being a resort for a week for a wedding. Of course there is miscommunication between Miles & Lucy. I liked it
Jamie
Apr 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Gretchen Galway hooked me with her easy humor, sweet romance, and skillful writing in book one of her Oakland Hills series, and my love of her books just grew with The Supermodel's Best Friend.

Summary:
Lucy Hathcoat had it all figured out. She would finish school, get a decent-paid job, meet her mate, and start building the family she always wanted, all before age thirty. Losing her mother at a young age and having an emotionally distant father conditioned her to wanting a family to support and
Elaine
Mar 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fun n easy

Great story line. Fun adventures. Made for a good afternoon reading and I never saw the ending coming to like that.
Feb 20, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I wasn't sure what I'd think of this given the reviews, but I'm glad I read it. It was an easy light hearted read with some great characters. I would definitely read more by this author in the future. My only gripe was the ending, which although isn't a cliffhanger, was a bit of an anti climax. It left me feeling a bit "is that where you're going to end?!" It felt like there should have been a more substantial ending. Other than that, a great book :)
ysar
Nov 30, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
FicCentral.com

Lucy has a plan, one that involves a suburban home, 2.5 kids, and a spreadsheet to map out exactly what she needs to achieve. But when her long-time boyfriend dumps her via iPhone, it seems all her careful planning is for naught. Done trying to manage her own love life, she hands the reins to her best friends, hoping they’ll find better husband material for her than she’s been able to find herself.

The Verdict: This one was first published forever ago, but the title kept catching my eye, and the
Tonileg
Feb 01, 2014 rated it it was ok
Four girl best friends are thrown together for the wedding of one of them at a spa resort which is a series of awkward events after even more awkward situations...
Lucy Hathcoat just got dumped by her fiance, and all she is really bothered about is that her life schedule has been thrown off. She is a bit to stuck in her brain to let her feelings guide her life, so she decides that this time she is letting her three best friends pick out her boyfriend (future husband and father to her children; sh
Jo-Anne
Apr 13, 2014 rated it liked it
Lucy has been with her boyfriend for 8 years, they are engaged and he dumps her - on the phone! I think he did her a favor. Right at this time, her best friend (the supermodel) is getting married to a billionaire and Lucy is the maid of honor. The destination wedding takes place at a new-age spa/resort where all the guests are sent for two weeks, paid for by the groom. This is where the story takes place.

Lucy plans out everything in her life and thinks she can make a plan to find the most suitab
Alison
When Lucy is dumped by her boyfriend/fiancé of eight years she is more annoyed than upset. She has wasted eight precious years and is no closer to marriage or children so she asks her friends to fix her up with a potential husband. The set-up is due to take place at her best friend's (the supermodel of the title)wedding at a new age week-long ceremony. Miles is the groom's best friend, he too has just been dumped but in his case it is because he is dead-set against marriage and commitment.

Of cou
Mo_Better
Jul 20, 2014 rated it liked it
I could've liked this book. It had potential. Some funny moments, an interesting concept, a setting that lent itself to comedic moments but most of it just felt flat and awkward. The main characters, for being 34 were both just a bit immature and unsure of themselves. But the real reason I just couldn't get myself to really enjoy this book was our heroine, Lucy.

She was upright and probably a little bipolar with a hint of multiple personality disorder. Her actions were just not consisten
Angela Goodrich
Jan 31, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a fun read. There were some nice laugh out loud moments. Definitely times when you wanted to reach in and smack a character ... and that wasn't directed at any particular character as many of them made me feel that way at one point or another during the book. But the "mating dance" between Lucy and Miles was fun to read. Visualizing the 6'5" commitment-phobe lumberjack pursue the tiny, fiery husband-hunting redhead was a humorous image in and of itself, but their actual interactions wer ...more
LAKristy
Very well written and edited. No cliffhanger.

Although light, not the usual chick lit/romantic comedy. The rhythm of the writing is different from most rom/com styles, so it took about a chapter for me to start connecting with the book. Many of the characters have a very cynical bent and the dialog is more cutting than I usually find in this genre. In general, the book is dialog driven, and it's very well done. Each character has a distinctive voice and the men and women sound completely differen
Ivy Deluca
Jan 21, 2014 rated it liked it
Lucy, who just broke up with her fiance, leaves for the destination wedding of her best friend Fawn and her billionaire groom at a luxury new age-y retreat for a week. Lucy meets Miles, the groom’s best man, a mountain of a man, (he’s 6’5” and she’s 5’2”), who is getting out of a long term relationship himself. Both are attracted to each other, but Lucy is bound and determined to start a family ASAP and Miles….isn’t.

Cute and quirky are the best ways to describe this book. The MCs have good chem
Liz
Nov 09, 2014 rated it liked it
Best Man (Miles) and Maid of Honor (Lucy) find love at their best friends' wedding.

Lucy's about to buy a house with her long term boyfriend and as she's about to sign the papers, he breaks up with her via facetime.... and then we learn that Lucy's about as emotional as a grape and the bf is weird and creepy.... and there's a lot of weird and creepy in this book.

The humor and quirkiness seem to come from the setting (new age wilderness wedding) than from the dialogue. I felt like we got a ton of
Tricia
Dec 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
Having recently read Diving In (kind of sequel to this novel), I wasn't sure I would like this book since it focuses on Lucy & Miles. Lucy & Miles make cameos in Diving In, and for whatever reason, I wasn't fan (although I loved Diving In). Maybe because Miles was the cause (although he didn't know it) of Nicki's (from Diving In) heartbreak. Anyway, I was pleasantly surprised by Lucy's & Miles' story & ended up really enjoying this book! They have a great chemistry that makes you root for them t ...more
Sheryl
Nov 08, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed this book from the very beginning to the very end. Every time I had to put it down, I couldn't wait to pick it up again. I didn't want it to end and yet I did, so I could see how everything turned out.

Gretchen Galway's writing is very good with snappy dialogue befitting the fun and sometimes quirky characters. I genuinely liked Lucy and Miles and enjoyed seeing them navigate their way through the feelings they brought out in each other. Secondary characters, like Betty and
Barbara
Feb 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
Great, funny, entertaining book!

I was in the mood for a funny, light read..this was perfect. I love the concept of a friend who is a supermodel and her wedding to a billionaire at a luxury resort and looking for the perfect man while at the wedding. I’m sure many maid of honors do the same thing. I thought the author did a great job developing the characters and I’m totally in love with Miles! Throughout the book it has many funny parts but also deep thought provoking parts about families and re
Aishwarya
Jan 23, 2014 rated it liked it

I don't think I like it for all the right reasons....

I like it because Lucy and Miles both do some realizing on their own, that their ideas about love and relationships are flawed and it isn't the story of one woman realizing that she's wrong and going along with what he says cos he's right.

I like it because it's real; filled with characters who hate things, each other, make tons of mistakes and have arguments and fights with both their friends and significant others.

I also like it because of
Sandhya
Feb 09, 2014 rated it liked it
The supermodel's best friend .....the title seemed interesting to me and the blurb was also great! So, read this book ...and i liked it...in simple terms! It was fast-paced, with interesting start but, i did not like the female lead - Lucy most of the times, she was annoying. Miles, our hero was sweet and awesome....! It is a normal romance...and i enjoyed reading it even though till the end was Lucy was in denial of her feelings! Anywas, i loved how the book ended!
And one more problem for me wa
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• You May Kiss the Bridesmaid (First Comes Love #6)
  • From Thailand with Love (First Comes Love #5)
  • Loud Mouth (Ice Knights, #3)
  • The Charmer (Harbor City, #2)
  • The Negotiator (Harbor City, #1)
  • The X-list: A BBW Romantic Comedy (Thor's Shipbuilding Book 2)
  • The Schemer (Harbor City, #3)
  • Attracting Aubrey (Gone Wild #3)
  • Something to Talk About
  • The Last Story of Mina Lee
  • Heat Wave
  • Taking His Shot (Hot Jocks, #7)
  • The Wedding Date Disaster
  • To the Stars and Back (First Comes Love #4)
  • How to Fall
  • Love Connection
  • I Have Never (First Comes Love, #2)
  • A Christmas Date (First Comes Love #3)
GRETCHEN GALWAY is a USA Today bestselling author who writes mystery, fantasy, and romance. Raised in the American Midwest, she now lives in in Sonoma County, California.

To be the first to know about sales and new releases, and get a free short story, sign up for an email alert at www.gretchengalway.com.

Resort to Love (2 books)
  • Diving in (Resort to Love #2)

News & Interviews

“Man, how he wanted to pick her up and do wet, happy things to her body. ” 0 likes