Start by marking “Disintegration (Autumn, #4)” as Want to Read:
Disintegration (Autumn, #4)

Disintegration (Autumn #4)

3.95  ·  Rating details ·  1,281 Ratings  ·  67 Reviews

The penultimate chapter in the riveting horror series!

Forty days have passed since the world died. Billions of corpses walk the Earth. Everything is disintegrating. . . .

A group of eleven men and women have survived against the odds. On an almost daily basis, they attack the dead with brutal ferocity, tearing through them with utter contempt.

Somew

Published November 22nd 2011 by St. Martin's Griffin

To ask other readers questions about Disintegration, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Disintegration

Jason
May 27, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: e-books, read-2012
3 Stars

As a huge David Moody fan and one that really loved the Autumn series that concluded the main story line at the end of book three, I went into this one with some trepidation and reservations as I could not see it living up to the quality of the trilogy. After reading this I can safely say that my initial concerns were spot on. At best, this story would have been better off being played out as additional POV's during the trilogy, rather than attempting to make a successful story on its own
Holden Attradies
I was incredibly surprised by how many 4 and 5 star reviews this as on here. Having just finished it up I'm left feeling that it was a chore to get through and I kind of wish I had just skipped this one and went right on to the 5th book.

I know everything is relative, and my feelings for this book are not based on it as a individual work, but as part of a larger series. Maybe if I had read this one first I might have liked it, bust as part of the series it felt like a huge let down.

The story sta
Alondra
4.5 Stars

Fear

Fear. What is does to us. How we react to it. Who we become because of it.

The entire time I read this, that is all I could think about; was the palpable fear that everyone has. Fear of the zombies. Fear of each other. Fear of their own shortcomings. Fear of cowardice. Fear of change. Fear of the future.

Everyone was grappling with it, and we are definitely starting to see the evolving situation with the zombies, wear on everyone's nerves. No one is sure how to move on. The are unsat
Netanella
Another excellent piece by Brit author David Moody. Dark, horrific, and full of lovely British-isms like carriageway, hedgerow, slurry, and my all time favorite, "bloody hell!" This is, ahem, my cup of tea. The undead are creepy - they're smart, they're silent, and they're not necessarily hungry for your flesh - they just seem to want you dead, because you're alive. In this book, there's a new cast of characters, ordinary people trapped in a hotel. And like a slow train wreck you see coming at y ...more
Lise
Jul 16, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
well this one really shows the human race,,I found the beginning long, they fight and fight the dead for a lot of chapters, I wanted more of the quiet people, to know them more, not too fond of the ending,,ironic really
Veronica
Dec 06, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sci-fi, read-2011
I love the different take on Zombies in this. They're not your run of the mill flesh eating monsters. Actually, I'd say they're more of a tidal wave of nasty, decaying flesh that'll swallow you whole if you don't move out of its path. Moody did a great job with descriptions on this; I could practically smell, and even taste in the back of my throat the vile nastiness of weeks old cadavers roaming around in their own filth. Great read. I recommend to all.
Vicki Krivak
Apr 30, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
David Moody is back! I have been a long time fan of Moody's Autumn series. In this book Moody
introduces us to a new brand of survivors who struggle day to day trying to stay alive and how they
cope with the fact that the world they know is no more. I loved the book. I wasn't able to put it down.
Once again, Moody doesn't disappoint.
Mkittysamom
Wow.. you think the strong ones will survive.. but never underestimate the quiet ones!! Another destination overrun.. lots of questions. This book was a whole new group of ppl. Lots of crazy action, the dead are getting smarter... but will they rot away?? What's up with Emma and Mike?! I don't want to write anymore cuz I have to know what happens next!!
Pippa
Jul 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
brilliant brilliant brilliant. can't stop worrying about the guy left in the hotel.
TAMIKA
This 4th book was just okay to me. It took me forever to get through it because it just felt like a chore. Normally it doesn't take me weeks to finish a book but this was just terribly painful to get through. I didn't feel vested in any of the characters. Disappointment arose for me.
David McDonald
Oct 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Over the course of the last six months, I've been reading David Moody's Autumn books: a series of novels set in a postapocalyptic Britain where an apparent global pandemic has wiped out the majority of the populace and the survivors find themselves outnumbered in a world where many of the dead have not only risen but are becomingly increasingly more dangerous...
Autumn: Disintegration is the fourth in the series and I've made no secret of the fact that I've loved these books so far.

The timeline f
Chad Beaudin
This is a synopsis, not a review.

Hollis
Gordon
Caron
Web
Stokes
Jas
Lorna
Driver - Bus driver
Ellie - Lost her babies and now carries around a doll
Anita - got sick and died
Harte

Book opens with a guy in a hotel that is studying a dead lady who is stuck in the hotel pool.

a small group of individuals scavenging for fuel. One guy (Web) gets left behind and has to fight of the dead. They are non aggressive. The group comes back and rescues him.

The group is sheltered up in a group of flats. They have a a barr
Craig DiLouie
In AUTUMN: DISINTEGRATION by David Moody, two groups of survivors develop very different strategies in dealing with the hordes of the risen dead now threatening them. The first group picks up weapons and tries to destroy them. The second hide themselves away and try not to be noticed. The conflict amps to a new level when these two groups are forced to work together and the zombies begin to regain awareness.

For years, Moody has given us a different kind of zombie in a different kind of zombie st
Carrie Slager
Like I somehow do with most series, I’m not actually reading Autumn in order. I read the first book and the second book and since I couldn’t find the third book when I went shopping the other day I decided to pick up book 4, Disintegration.

Unlike with the previous two books, I wasn’t really all that impressed with Disintegration. Sure, it’s kind of cool to see how two completely different groups are managing to stay alive in such a horrific world, but the formula David Moody uses is getting kind
Christina
Aug 08, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I actually picked up this book first - without knowing it was a series. About halfway through I realized that something was off, and the rest of the books were listed in the back. There were some serious questions I had: Why do the others think Webb is so voatile, and the 'zombies' so dangerous? I stopped and bought the rest of the series, which didn't particulary clear up that much. The 'zombies' seem to be 'attacking' based on interpretation (really, more pitiful than anything else unless they ...more
Fangs for the Fantasy
When I first started reading Moody's Autumn series, I was completely drawn in. Moody's work is stark but it grabs you right away. With each word, the reader is forced to place themselves in the place of the survivors of the zombie apocalypse. Moody has once again re-entered his post apocalyptic world to give us yet another story of survivors. What started out as innovative and new has simply become repetitive and boring.

As in other books, even when dealing with different survivors, Moody attemp
Rebecca Besser
Jan 19, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
With the world at an end, Moody throws us right into the action and turmoil of the apocalyptic world. Zombies are everywhere and people are just starting to try and get along with strangers to make survival possible.

They think they're safe in the cement fortress, but soon they find that they were wrong - one of them gets sick and they realize nothing is in their control.

The zombies become more aggressive and they are forced to move their home base...but to where?

They pack up what they have and h
Jessica
Mar 20, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Much better than the last book in this series but I have a few issues. The amount of swearing just comes off as unintelligent. I don't mind swearing but every time someone spoke it had to contain a swear. The female corpses are always referred to as "stupid cow" or "poor bitch". The women rarely speak, their characters are flat and they pretty much do not exist. The men are all jerks with tough guy attitudes who fight all the time. Nobody has an intelligent conversation. Ever. Unless you call te ...more
Katie Kenig
Jul 17, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ever finish a book and say to yourself, "Whew, what a ride!" ?

That's how I feel right now.

The fourth installment in the Autumn Zombie series by David Moody, Autumn: Disintegration takes you off in an entirely new direction than the previous books. I had bemoaned the fact that my previous read in the series, billed as 3.5, told me the ending of what happened to the previous group of survivors, worried it would spoil the rest of the books for me. I was soon to discover that wasn't the case.

Though
Alexis Winning
Oct 20, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: zombies
After reading the 3rd installment of the Autumn series, I was very excited for this one to be released. In the context of the series, it is a good continuation of the Autumn world, although I am a little bit disappointed and curious as to why Disintegration branches off from the storyline we've been following (although I did catch a hint of the other group's exodus to the island with the mention of the plane overhead).

As with much of David Moody's work, the focus is a humanistic one, wherein we
Albert Yates
May 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
what a fantastic book. I wasn't expecting much from this book when I started it but I couldn't out of down. Moody has created a set of characters with polarizing personalities that makes you concerned for their well being and cheer for any potential demise.

without a doubt I was cheering for Webb to get torn apart by some zombies at several points during the course of the book and swearing under my breath whenever he'd manage to survive.

I was also expecting to see some romance blossom like Micha
Ikey
Apr 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read "Purification" and "Disintegration" back to back and loved them! The plot moves with plenty of zip and zombie yuk in this fourth installment. The characters are nicely developed. There are those individual characters I cared for and others I absolutely loathed. So, I had those I was definitely rooting for and others that had me wishing for their demise. This book's combination of two sets of survivors is intriguing in light of the way each group deals with the ever-roaming dead. I loved t ...more
Aileen
Jun 15, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: horror, zombie, apocalypse
Only because I love David Moody's previous autumn trilogy did I keep reading this 4th instalment. I didn't feel it was the greatest, it was basically same shit, different group. And said group being the biggest dose of Assholes. Not one of these characters was likeable. In a world where silence & caution is needed every single day in order to survive, this group of course succeed in the opposite, every. Single. Day! And shock horror it's not long before they're on the run, find a great thing ...more
Mitsu
Jun 28, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
EinsteinShrugged
I am a big fan of the Hater series by Moody and picked up the Autumn series thinking it would be just as good. I should, perhaps, reconsider how often I go around thinking. I managed to finished Autumn, Autumn: Disintegration and Autumn: Purification and am giving them all the same reviews here just so that I might save another bibliophile the same fate.

The Autumn series is slow, two-dimensional, filled with gawd-awful dialogue and generally a chore to read. The fact that I read the full three
Toby
Feb 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I woke up the other morning and had that weird sensation of watching an epic film before I had gone to bed. Vivid images sprang to mind, and memories of tension and excitement. Then I realised, it wasn't a film - I had been reading Autumn: Disintegration.

Definitely my favourite of the series so far, and with some of the best writing in the genre, this book alone secures Mr Moody's place in the zombie hall of fame. Exciting events, well crafted and believable characters, and as always a focus on
Lisa Cleveland
Nov 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Still loving this series. Mr. Moody is a fantastic author. This story was my favorite out of the first four books, but now I'm looking forward to #5. It's my favorite of the series. Once I've finished, I'll probably do what I usually do, and re-read the whole series again in a few years time! I guess I must love rolling around in the putrid muck left by the rotting dead! Yep, I'd recommend this story and author.
Karen
Apr 13, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012
This was a good book, but I was a little disappointed about where it went. I thought it was going to follow the previous 3 by continuing their story, but instead it focuses on another group of people instead. Still a good story, but I was looking forward to seeing what happened to the group in the previous books in this series. It does tie up nicely at the end though, and I'm glad I read the whole series, even if this one did take an angle I wasn't expecting.
Carol
Jul 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A group of survivors live in a set of derelict flats fortified against the hundreds of thousands of bodies. They try to live but sickness forces them to flee and find sanctuary with a small group of other survivors in a hotel. Inevitably, the bodies find them and they are forced to group together and fight them or flee.

The penultimate novel in the Autumn series is just as good as the previous ones.
Megan
Nov 14, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This would have been a lot more effective as a novelette. I found myself speed reading to get past the descriptions of lurching bodies to get to some actual plot. The characterisation was less than clear.
I really value the Hater series, I see it as a wonderful tale of redemption, and so far I'm disappointed in the Autumn series.
  • Apocalypse of the Dead (Dead World, #2)
  • Last Rites (Dying to Live, #3)
  • Survivors (Morningstar Strain #3)
  • Origin to Exile (Day by Day Armageddon, #1-2 Omnibus)
  • Siege  (As The World Dies, #3)
  • After Life
  • Frail (Dust, #2)
  • Eden
  • The Rage Plague
  • New Zed Order: Survive
  • Monster Planet (Monster Island, #3)
  • Zombies: The Recent Dead
  • Domain of the Dead (Domain of the Dead #1)
  • The Infection
  • Twilight of the Dead
  • Kings of the Dead
  • Down the Road
David Moody was born in 1970 and grew up in Birmingham on a diet of trashy horror and pulp science fiction books and movies. He worked as a bank manager and as operations manager for a number of financial institutions before giving up the day job to write about the end of the world for a living. He has written a number of horror novels, including AUTUMN, which has been downloaded more than half a ...more
More about David Moody...

Autumn (6 books)
  • Autumn (Autumn, #1)
  • The City (Autumn, #2)
  • Purification (Autumn, #3)
  • Aftermath (Autumn, #5)
  • The Human Condition (Autumn, #6)