Start by marking “The Iron Temple (Rifter, #9)” as Want to Read:
The Iron Temple (Rifter, #9)

The Iron Temple

(Rifter #9)

When John opens a letter addressed to his missing roommate, Kyle, he expects to find a house key, but instead he is swept into a strange realm of magic, mysticism, revolutionaries and assassins. Though he struggles to escape, John is drawn steadily closer to a fate he share with Kyle—to wake the destroyer god, the Rifter, and shatter a world.
ebook, 1st Edition, 134 pages
Published November 8th 2011 by Blind Eye Books

To ask other readers questions about The Iron Temple, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Iron Temple

Jul 23, 2013 rated it really liked it

Son of a b….cliff! One hell of a cliff here!

This story ends with the wonderful and wicked words “to be continued…” So have book ten ready to go! I DID NOT. *said with clenched jaw*

Every battle blow, splatter, “hiss of Gray Space”, kiss, and caress held me on the edge of my seat. I’m all tensed up waiting for the end. At the moment, I’m holding my breath and trying my damnedest to hold my heart in one piece. Even though I know what’s coming---well I think I do. Haha…Actually I
Vivian
Feb 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, own
Jahn may have begun as the lamb, but he's become the lion.

The earth trembles with his roar. As desperation sets in, those opposed to Jahn commit horrible acts. Anything his past fellows may have been is lost as they compound their persecution with atrocities.
It hurt the way killing a friend ought to ache and burn.

In any battle there are losses, victory is not gained without sacrifice.

How much is too much?

Left on the brink of devastation, the reade
Optimist ♰King's Wench♰
Reread 10/12/19

forgot how romantic this was.
i *may* have swooned a time or two even.

ΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩ

Not as balanced as the others but the ending...

Prolly 3.5 stars but I'll round up because that ending...

Here we go! Once more unto the breach! 👋
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
Maybe 3.5 stars? I found myself skimming a bit. I'm ready for book 10!
Susan
Jan 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing

JFC...this series is going to BREAK me...

I can't handle this book. GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

^^^^^...all meant in the BEST F*CKING WAYS POSSIBLE!

Only 1 book left...I can't...
Karen
Dec 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-mm
Ok, so book 9 didn't bring me back to where I wanted to be. It still left me with that 'why you no love me? and throw me off the cliff?' feeling because I still need to know a few things the most important being 'what the hell is happening to Kyle/Kahlil in the present?' really, seriously I need to know this. In spite of this I ate book 9 up. I enjoyed every freakin' word of it and yep, damned if it didn't leave me sitting on the edge of the cliff with poor Kyle again.

I think right n
Em
This was an action packed installment as Jath'ibaye finally starts to realize the strength of his Rifter power. I'm now heading for book 10 His Holy Bones and the conclusion to this amazing series. I'm not sure how Ginn Hale will wrap everything up, as there's still so much left uncertain, but I have complete faith in her abilities!
Mare SLiTsReaD Reviews
Apr 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Re-Read 2018
The end of the ride. last book up next

Mare~Slitsread

Omg the ride is almost over. 1 more book. Need to know how this ends.
Katerina
Oct 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Oh. My. God.
Only one part left.
And how terribly ended this penultimate part!
How should all this turn to good? How?

“I have to go,” Ravishan said breathlessly. “I only came to say goodbye.”
“Goodbye? No, don’t go.” Just the thought of it alarmed John. He sat up beside Ravishan. “There are too m
Lady*M
Dec 30, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy, m-m-romance
Whoa! This was a good installment - action, action, action!. It starts where the last one left off and it's entirely happening in the past.

(view spoiler) ...more
Borderstar
Another great installment...I am just zooming through these now. Part of me wants to rate every installment with ALL the stars, but I feel like sometimes there is a bit TOO much detail about the various things happening. I mean it is brilliant as we get such a sense for the world, the characters, the events, but then other times I wonder how important it was to spend so many pages on something that could maybe have been a brief mention to speed it up a bit. I am so impatient to get through to th ...more
Dreamer
May 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
John and Ravishan are separated in this book fighting in different areas for the Fai'daum revolution. We follow John (renamed Jath'ibaye) as he exercises more of his incredible powers.

"You have come from across the worlds for this," Ravishan said gently. He stood and stepped back from the bed. "I should have realized sooner. I should have told you and made you ready for this battle. I've been so in love with the man that you are that i failed to see how much more you really are. But when I/>"You
Scarletine
Oct 14, 2014 rated it liked it
Rating 3.5
This has been the best book in the series so far, a lot of things fell into place, and the shit hit the fan in a major way. Angst-tastic! I am fascinated to read the final book and find out how Ginn Hale pulls the story together and completes the series.
Sunny
4.5
I am in awe of the author's imagination, even as I want to scream with the intense stress this story is putting me through.
Katharina
Mar 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy, favourites
Oh my Gods!!! Holy bloody hell!!!! ... I'm not very coherent right now, but... read this. Read these books. Lock yourself in, throw the key out and don't even think about leaving before you've read them all.
L.M.
T^T OMG. WHAT DID I JUST READ???? CLIFF HANGER OF DEATH! My heart! How is there only one book left? How will I survive without this series??

After my reread : Knowing what's coming... My heart is already broken and full of emotions...
Alicja
Sep 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Oh, damn, damn, damn... Can't put this down, no way, not right now. My life is on a permanent pause until I finish the last one. Ugh, the tears and chills and foreboding... this is the very definition of awesomeness!
Riza Marise日撒
Dec 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I SURVIVED. ONE MORE BOOK LEFT. I CAN'T DO THIS ANYMORE.
Ran ♠

Dang man!
This book's ending totally amazed me. The last chapter was so thrilling and terrifying at the same time. This book gave so much feelings I'm still a little overwhelmed right now. Jath'ibaye's power was just really amazing and his love... oh I feel for him. His fear for Ravishan is so strong I wouldn't be surprised if he chose to destroy Basawar if Ravishan dies. (view spoiler) ...more
Molli B.
John: more and more of a badass.

I'm happy to be meeting all of these people that we see from Kahlil's POV. I like that we're learning backstories...which aren't really backstories, are they?

I really didn't remember any of this one...some of the earlier ones were familiarish, but this all felt new, which was good! And also nerve-racking. Though you wonder how things can be concerning when you sort of know what happens?! Magic.

(I definitely shouldn't have tried
Sonia ~Ruber's fiancé in Crystal Court universe~
The 9th book in the Rifter series brings us up to date, past and present finally make sense and with it Jahn's powers as the Rifter become more and more obvious. It's excruciating to see how much the make him feel conflicted, he wants to save everybody.. he needs to be more than the power of destruction, but all the while he fins himself helpless to save the only people he loves. The scenes between Jahn and Ravishan are so achingly sweet, and you can almost feel their love as a living things. It ...more
Mika
May 11, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm writing these reviews post series. Sorry, midterms. I'll try not to spoil anything beyond the book the review was written for, but I MAY slip up. Fair Warning, right here.

(view spoiler) ...more
Grace
Jul 21, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5 rounded down

I liked it, but suffers from the same issue in the previous book, wherein nothing really seems to happen. Again, the entire book is in John's past timeline, and though I did enjoy it, and we do get some additional details--the stuff with Laurie, meeting some more people from Jahn's past, developments with Samsira--we already know the big plot points, so the lead up really sort of just feels like filler. Enjoyable filler, and it probably wouldn't feel like quite so muc
Lazu
Jan 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018
Hello, welcome to 'Mistakes Were Made', starring yours truly, Princess Lazu of Lavender Kingdom.
I am in tears and I am not ready to accept there is only one more part to read. There is still so much left open and so many things I don't want to happen. This was so excellent and I can't stop being upset.
Riina Y.T.
Jul 07, 2017 rated it liked it
This was basically one entire book full of war. Fights, death, more fight and more death and destruction. Not that I mind but it was just too much war strategy and too little else to stay fun until the last page.
Kirmizi
Aug 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: f-other-worlds, 2018
Spoiler free review in Book 10 - His Holy Bones
Feb 24, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: lgbtia, adult, fantasy, novella

I really need the story to go back to the present because there's only one book left and this is just telling us what we already know from the past so...
Pam Faste aka Peejakers
Fantastic series - full review is on the first book
Kassa
Nov 10, 2011 rated it really liked it
Rifter Book Nine: The Iron Temple is perhaps the most straightforward and linear of the entire series. The previous eight books have jumped back and forth from past to present to tell the story of what happens in the future and how the future came to be. Book nine is simple, straight-forward action as John/Jahn/Jath’ibaye fights for the Fai’daum but in reality he’s fighting to save Laurie and Ravishan. In this installment, John comes fully into his Rifter power and can’t be killed, so instead he ...more
Arch Bala
Nov 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing

• Dream (Aisling Trilogy, #2)
  • The Archer's Heart
  • Treasure (The Lost Gods, #1)
  • First Against the Wall (The Administration, #6)
  • Dynasty of Ghosts
  • Strange Fortune
  • Mariner's Luck (Scarlet and the White Wolf, #2)
  • Scorpion (Memory of Scorpions, #1)
  • Irregulars
  • Crescendo (Song of the Fallen, #2)

Rifter (10 books)
  • The Shattered Gates (Rifter #1)
  • Servants of the Crossed Arrows (Rifter #2)
  • Black Blades (Rifter #3)
  • Witches' Blood (Rifter #4)
  • The Holy Road (Rifter #5)
  • Broken Fortress (Rifter #6)
  • Enemies & Shadows (Rifter #7)
  • The Silent City (Rifter #8)
  • His Holy Bones (Rifter #10)