Start by marking “Freebooter's Paradise” as Want to Read:
Freebooter's Paradise

Freebooter's Paradise

While the king of pirates, Blackbeard, drives in from Las Vegas, his crew flies his ship on dust devils to small town Apache Junction, Arizona. The pirates hold the Grand Opening of their magical emporium Freebooter’s Paradise—Plunder, Parcels, Pets, Pests, and Pawn. When the pirates kidnap his best friend Miguel, Cameron and Marcella attempt a rescue. Touched by a bit of ...more
264 pages
Published (first published September 5th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Freebooter's Paradise, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Freebooter's Paradise

Elizabeth Hazel
Apr 04, 2012 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: young adults
Recommended to Elizabeth by: the author
Freebooter's Paradise is a fast-paced book for young adults. The main characters are a trio of kids - Cameron, Miguel, and Marcella. A strange ship appears on a tornado and sets up shop next to a new Heapsmart store. It's a pirate ship, and the pirates plan to steal from the townspeople. Captain Blackbeard also has a secret agenda to find and loot the Dutchman's gold mine. It's up to the kids to foil the pirates' plan and get them and their ship out of town.

Like many YA books, the pace is frene
Jeanne Colasanti
Nov 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Freebooter’s Paradise is a fast paced action story with twists and unforeseen turns that pulled me from NOT putting the book down and PUSHED me to keep reading.

The book is candy for the adventurous spirit, yet holds a place in speaking to the life lessons of friendship, bravery, and advocacy for social norms, developed well in the adolescent main characters. I loved getting the full, in your face sense of a pirate’s life, yet written in a manner where swarthiness was achieved without pen of prof
Eddie
Aug 31, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: young adults
I orginally picked this up becuase it is based in a small city not far from where I live (Apache Junction) and it interested me to see what fantasy he could write about it. The story is interesting, the characters are pretty good, and I enjoyed the read. You can definately tell that it's the author's first novel, but it seems to improve by the end. It's setup for a sequel, and it was good enough that I think I'll read it if/when it ever comes out.
Noelee
Sep 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Very good! I enjoyed reading about the adventure of the characters running into the famous Black Beard and the history behind this fictional tale. It takes place in Apache Juction, AZ and the Lost Dutchman gold. I had Tim Loge come do an author visit at our school and he really was amazing, kept the 5th & 6th graders very engaged and had them excited about history and his book. Tim said that there will be two more book in the series! Very exciting!
Angela Kidd Shinozaki
Mar 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
Imagine a pirate ship coming to town on dust devils. This novel is a lot of fun from the start. Boys and girls will both enjoy this adventure story. Think Goonies in the desert ;-) As a children's librarian, I personally enjoyed the references to other kids' books. By the end, you'll be wondering when the next big adventure will be.
Angela Carling
Aug 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
Great book to get Elementary and Jr. High boys excited about reading. I actually had a chance to meet this author and he is passionate about helping kids! I was very impressed.
Laurie