Start by marking “My Third-World Girlfriend” as Want to Read:
My Third-World Girlfriend

My Third-World Girlfriend

Gerry Lankin has a problem. All his life, women have been hitting him over the head, usually for good reason. Recognizing he's at fault, he's about to make big changes in his life, when three older men convince him that the key to romantic happiness isn't self-improvement; it's finding a woman with low expectations. Gerry's about to discover just how wrong three old men ca ...more
Published October 4th 2011

To ask other readers questions about My Third-World Girlfriend, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Third-World Girlfriend

Penny Watson
Oct 14, 2011 rated it it was amazing
My Third-World Girlfriend by RJ Silver

Hee heee heeee....Oh lordy! RJ Silver does indeed have a wicked sense of humor. I have been plowing through all of his books, and I just finished his latest offering, My Third-World Girlfriend.

Once again, he combines sharp and stinging wit with a sweet romance. This is a quick read, but filled with humor, social commentary, and a tender love story. Our hero, Gerry, is a bumbling westerner who has a dismal history with women. He makes the unfortunate acquaint
Shirley Revill
Jul 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: humour, fiction, romance
Not as funny as the first book I read by this author but I enjoyed reading this book just as much.
Made me smile even though this was a more serious tale which imparts a message and I loved the twist in the tale at the end. Not how I imagined the ending to be at all. Recommended.
Katie(babs)
Oct 14, 2011 rated it really liked it
My Third World Girlfriend is the second short I’ve read by RJ Silver. I really think RJ is a rising star when it comes to adorable, quirky and funny stories. His much praised, The Princess and the Penis isn’t a fluke. My Third World Girlfriend is well written with an excellent moral to it. Plus, it has a bit of suspense because you don’t know until the very end what will happen to the protagonist, Gary Lankin.

Poor Gary can’t get a break when it comes to love. He wants to settle down and find tha
Ines
Nov 23, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: shortstories, laughs
I'm not sure how men will take this one in, but I think it's fair to assume women will giggle all the way. Nevertheless, I think both sexes have something to learn of the hard lesson "Mr. Gerry" goes through in order to value love and true relationships. It's a light reading and the main character is a kind soul that you will immediately sympathise with and it makes you wish him a happy ending. I couldn't put the book down once I started and I laughed a couple of times as the situation goes from ...more
Wendy
Dec 04, 2011 rated it it was ok
A long short story or a short novella. A quick and entertaining-enough read that has a sort of surprise ending. The dialogue of the characters from different places in the world walks a fine line between accurate and racist, so I'm not sure how I stand on that. I wasn't really convinced by the core relationship, either. Are men supposed to be OK with being totally controlled by the women they love?

Another review said that women would really love this book, but I don't really feel it. I can't re
Calliope
May 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I don't know why anyone would give this a bad review, its so funny and brilliantly witty I couldn't help but love it.Fritz is hilarious!!!! you have to read this, very short but funny.I bought the 3 pack and all three stories were very funny!!!
Neenee
Apr 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: my-2015
That's quite fun. Though the last few pages were not as quirky and witty as the first half of the story.
Sieravonne
Jun 07, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: rj-silver
If you look deeper, a man can learn something from this story, specifically on how to treat women with respect; not see them as sex objects.
Koala
Nov 01, 2011 rated it liked it
For some reason I feel that this book has a slightly more serious tone to it compared to RJ's other books so far.

But seeing as how the story was addressed an important and serious topic, it is quite understandable. (view spoiler)

I was a little disappointed after I'd finished the book as I was expecting an LOL at
BiblioBabes.ca
Feb 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I'm always happy when I read a second book by an author that I enjoy as much as the first. This is not a naughty fairytale remake, but it is as funny as The Princess and the Penis. I was laughing out loud while I was reading, plus the ending was a total shock.

Payback is a filthy bitch!

Read the rest of the review here: http://www.bibliobabes.ca/3/post/2012...
Tasha
Dec 13, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: comedy, romance
This one didn't have as light and fairy tale a feel as Silver's previous short stories, but it was still a fun read.
Read the review on Truth Beauty Freedom and Books>>>
Mickey
Jan 11, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: kindle-reads
I have GOT to stop getting things on my kindle just becasue they're free. This was ok for a freebie, but I didn't like it THAT much.
Briana
Dec 02, 2014 rated it did not like it
I couldn't even get past the first chapter of this one. Nothing about the story made me want to keep reading. :(
I enjoyed his other two books.
The Princess & The Penis reigns supreme!
Seleste deLaney
Oct 22, 2011 rated it really liked it
3 1/2 stars

Complete review at http://wickedlilpixie.com/2011/10/26/...
Thibaut Nicodème
May 10, 2015 rated it liked it
What the hell did I just read.
Angeles
Sep 09, 2012 rated it really liked it
Aye carumba

I mean, it's clever and fun. That's what really matters. Silver really knows how to take generalizations to the extreme. :)
DeDe
Apr 30, 2012 rated it really liked it

It was cute. I enjoyed "The Princess and the Penis" more, but this was fun to read too,
M-J
Nov 23, 2011 rated it did not like it
Could not get into this one.
Kim
Ali
rated it did not like it
May 25, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
My name is RJ. I'm a man who writes quirky romantic humor books.

Most people ask me why I write. The answer is simple. Like most men, I get in a lot of trouble with the woman in my life. When she's really angry at me, and I'm hiding from her, writing is the one thing I can do that doesn't make any noise.
“quiet as a drunken church mouse,” 0 likes