Start by marking “Reckless Night (Dangerous #3.5)” as Want to Read:
Reckless Night (Dangerous #3.5)

Reckless Night (Dangerous #3.5)

3.79  ·  Rating details ·  792 Ratings  ·  43 Reviews
What do you give your beautiful wife when you've got all the money in the world but can't spend it?

Victor "Drake" Drakovitch used to run a criminal empire, but he gave it all up for the woman he loves. Grace, an accomplished artist, abandoned the life she knew in order to be with the one man she could never live without.

Exiled to an island far from their former lives, the
Published November 29th 2011 by HarperCollins

To ask other readers questions about Reckless Night, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Reckless Night

Auntee
Jan 15, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of LMR who have read "Dangerous Passion".
Way too short. This was the sequel of sorts to arms dealer Drake and artist Grace's story (Dangerous Passion). The story picks up one year later (view spoiler) Drake wants Grace to be able to have ev ...more
Kathleen
This short story is part of the Dangerous series. Memorable characters are Drake and Grace, arms dealer and artist. At the end of their big story, they had begun living on an island, away from his many enemies. They are still in paradise, but paradise is shrinking, the walls closing in. (And after what goes down in this book, the island might occasionally feel like a prison. Too bad, really.)

Christmas is coming. Drake is desperate to plan a special surprise gift for Grace. His gift is a surprise
Fanny
Mar 25, 2016 rated it really liked it

Reckless Night es la primera novela dentro de la trilogia Dangerous de Lisa Marie Rice y vuelve a tener como protagonistas a Drake y Grace, protagonistas del tercer libro de la serie.
Me hubiera gustado que fuera mas largo ( solo tiene 30 paginas ) ya que Dangerous Passion se me hizo muy corto, aun asi fue una buena lectura, no aporta nada nuevo a la saga, pero si te gusto la historia de Grace y Drake seguro que disfrutaras leyendo esta novela.

3.75 Estrellas!
MelissaB
Nov 29, 2011 rated it really liked it
I am so glad to have an epilogue to Dangerous Passion but I wish it was longer! It was great to see Drake and Grace again too. The ending was a bit abrupt, I wanted more! I hope we get to see Drake with a baby sometime :)
Kathrynn
Jan 18, 2012 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of the series...
31 pages! Really? This was no more than a long epilogue and I was disappointed in both the length and quality of the story. For me, there was too much repetition of how bad a person Drake was in his past. I got it and didn't feel that needed to be-repeatedly--restated throughout this already too short update.

Enjoyed revisiting the characters and getting a glimpse of the update that had become their lives.
Rinou
Mar 11, 2013 rated it it was ok
It's so short it could have been just a scene or an epilogue from the previous book.
MBR
This is a score sheet review.

For the full review with the scores, please visit MBR's Realm of Romance

Score Sheet Summary:

For me, Drake is one of those heroes that I would never ever forget. Lisa Marie Rice has a way of spinning a tale that takes you on this beautiful journey which you never ever want to end. And the Dangerous is a series that is one of her best in my opinion. Dangerous Passion is the 3rd and final book published in the Dangerous series and now we have a beautiful little novell
Scooper Speaks
Dec 14, 2011 rated it liked it
Favorite Lines: "They had a fabulous sex life. Drake was an attentive, tender lover who took his time in pleasing her. But every once in a while something in him changed and she caught a glimpse of the truly dangerous man he really was. She hadn't tamed him, not one bit. He just chose to show her a tender side he said he'd only discovered with her." (p. 17, egalley)

Lisa Marie Rice, author of the Dangerous series, follows up book three in the series (Dangerous Passion) with a peek into its hero's
Danielle
Feb 18, 2012 rated it liked it
I am confused as to why this novella was necessary? It seems to be in between the novel and the epilogue since the h is not pregnant, but it really didn't add much to their story since it had such an abrupt ending with no real story or closure. I loved Drake and Grace, but I would not have purchased this if I had read spoilers. Very weird. Thought it would be an addiction to the epilogue or something.
Eteline Rangel
Jun 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporáneas
Acá vemos a Drake y Grace en su nueva vida, vemos cómo ha ido evolucionando su relación y como a pesar de las cosas que ambos han tenido que dejar atrás siguen tan enamorados como desde que se conocieron, me hubiera gustado bastante que acá pudiéramos ver cosas resueltas que quedaron inconclusas en el libro de ellos, pero bueno no fue así, pero de todos modos este fue un relato muy bueno
Rachel
Dec 25, 2011 rated it it was ok
I never read the first book that these characters appeared. This book did not make me want to read their story. If anything, it just made me pity the heroine. I'm becoming a big fan of this author and this one disappointed me.
Aurian Booklover
Oct 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
When an assassin came too close to eliminate Drake in his own high security apartment in New York, the former weapons dealer faked his own death and fled with his wife to a private island, where they live in luxury, but seclusion. He has never known anything but danger and high stakes living, until he met Grace, and he fell in love. Keeping her safe and happy are his only intentions now.
Grace is an artist, and she fell in love with Drake the moment she met him, at gunpoint in an alley where he
Kathy
Apr 27, 2015 rated it liked it
July
Nov 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: home-library
The short story is actually an ending to another of Lisa Marie Rice's other books. This couple Manuel Rabat and Victoria had lived another life in Dangerous Passion as Victor Drake and Grace Larsen. In this short story it picks up with Manuel and Victoria on a remote island living in peace away from Drake's past. It is now Christmas time and Manuel wants to give his wife a present, knowing she does not want jewels he is trying his best to think of something to give her.
Victoria want to make her
Judith
Dec 09, 2011 rated it really liked it
A short story/novella that continues the story of Drake and Grace begun in "Dangerous Passions" and which is really a beautiful, intense love story. Forget that he's one of the really bad guys, and remember that love often brings about redemption, even for those whose lives have started in the world's garbage cans and now end up on a private island, living "under the radar" in order to have that second chance to know a life free from fear and filled with love and passion. This is a story about t ...more
Darcy
Mar 16, 2012 rated it liked it
This was a fun one to read. It let us check in with the characters from Dangerous Passion. For the most part they are doing well, recovering from what their lives were and settling into hiding. Drake wants to give Grace the perfect present, comes up with a trip to do her favorite things. The trip starts out well, but then goes crazy during dinner. Proves you might take the gangster out of commission, but he still keeps his edge.
AngelinaT
Jul 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this story. It had suspense and was steamy. However, I realized after I read this that there is a full book as to how the story began. Therefore, I felt like I came into the story at the end. It still made sense but it was intriguing enough to make me want to go back and see how it all started out. It also feels like there should be more after this....I will definitely go back for more of this story.
Alexandra Isobel
Jul 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
Absolutely loved Grace and Drake. Really had hoped to hear more of the characters from the epilogue though. Maybe Drake pushing this steel plated baby carriage around!? And I thought Jim would have been interesting to hear about.

Anyway, it was nice to revisit the characters. Loved hearing how they were doing. Would love to hear more again?
Hilly
May 22, 2013 rated it did not like it
1.75 stars. Rounding down because it's not a stand alone novella, it's just bonus content for a previous book, padded with info-dumping and stage setting for the Holiday theme.

Oh, yeah: also, the characters were unlikeable and unbelievable. He was too awful (and irredeemable); she was too Perfect. In. Every. Way. (Ew.)
Farah
Feb 02, 2014 rated it did not like it
Shelves: books
I loved Dangerous Passion but really hated this .. I always thought Grace and Drake were free when they changed identities but reading this really disappoints .. some things may have changed a little but the life they're leading sounds depressing and the last scene with the bomber was ridiculous and serves no purpose.
Diki79
Jul 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
To short. But great as everything from LMR.
Lynsey A
Nov 29, 2011 rated it really liked it
Way, way, too short but a good story nonetheless. Drake and Grace's book was my favorite so it was nice to read more about them.
Marla
Mar 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2014
Great little short story to go along with Dangerous Passion.
Kim Field
Jul 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Loved it!!!!!!
Nicole
Too short!
KathyB
Oct 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
Too short, but I enjoyed the quick follow up to Dangerous Passion.
Shelley
Aug 13, 2012 rated it really liked it
Karla
Jan 11, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2012, 5-suspense
This story seems to take place after the final chapter of Dangerous Passion and before the prologue. It was pretty good for a short story.
Bibliothekerin
Aug 21, 2015 rated it it was ok
What a let-down! This is ridiculously short. It could easily have been tacked onto the end of the 1st Drake & Grace book.
Bev
Aug 21, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A short little catch up with Drake and Grace.
  • Tactical Deception (Silent Warrior, #2)
  • A Very Sinful Valentine (Addicted, #2.2)
  • Cullen's Bride
  • Breaking The Rules
  • A Lesson in Temptation (Stanton Family, #4)
  • Going the Distance
  • Shattered
  • Secret Admirer
  • Special Gifts
  • Don't Look Back
  • Wild Encounter
  • Deceiving the Protector (Resurrection, #2)
  • The Seduction of Samantha Kincade (Dangerous Men, #1)
  • Undercover Lovers
  • Skin Heat (Skin, #3)
  • Darkness at Dawn
  • Witness Seduction
  • Sweet Revenge (New Orleans Trilogy, #2)
Lisa Marie Rice is eternally 30 years old and will never age. She is tall and willowy and beautiful. Men drop at her feet like ripe pears. She has won every major book prize in the world. She is a black belt with advanced degrees in archaeology, nuclear physics, and Tibetan literature. She is a concert pianist. Did I mention her Nobel Prize? Of course, Lisa Marie Rice is a virtual woman and exists ...more
More about Lisa Marie Rice...

Dangerous (5 books)
  • Dangerous Lover (Dangerous, #1)
  • Dangerous Secrets (Dangerous, #2)
  • Dangerous Passion (Dangerous, #3)
  • Reckless Night, Hot Secrets (Dangerous, #1.5, #3.5)
  • The Dangerous Boxed Set: Dangerous Secrets, Dangerous Passion, and Dangerous Lover
“She would never tell him and was ashamed to admit it, even to herself, but she’d fallen in love with him the instant she’d seen him. She’d been taken at gunpoint to the alleyway outside a gallery showing her paintings and had seen a powerful man, not tall but immensely broad. He was facing three armed thugs and he hadn’t looked frightened at all.
He’d looked dangerous.
And she’d fallen.”
35 likes
“They had a fabulous sex life. Drake was an attentive, tender lover who took his time in pleasing her. But every once in a while something in him changed and she caught a glimpse of the truly dangerous man he really was. She hadn’t tamed him, not one bit. He just chose to show her a tender side he said he’d only discovered with her.
But sometimes the tiger in him growled and clawed its way to the surface. And then the sex was incandescent.”
5 likes