Start by marking “Operation Itchy Bum” as Want to Read:
Operation Itchy Bum

Operation Itchy Bum

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  9 ratings  ·  3 reviews
Alistair D'Arcy McDermott has a great mum and a great dad who love him very much - but aren't so keen on each other. He also has a teacher who wears tight white trousers and likes humiliating kids. So when his mum decides that she's going on a blind date with the teacher from hell, Burke the Jerk, Al's worst nightmare has come true.
Published February 1st 2012 by Hachette Children's Books

To ask other readers questions about Operation Itchy Bum, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Operation Itchy Bum

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of Operation Itchy Bum
Becky
Oct 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
Do you ever look at a book and think 'dear lord no! I mean really, why would you?' Well this book was one of those for me. It's on our book day list for work so I had to read it, but looking at it, I was overcome with despair.

However, as soon as I opened the first page and began to read I found it quite charming and funny. I giggled out loud form the start and found that I quite like Alistair, he has a good sense of humour and a sort of honesty about him.

This book is very short, has quite big
Helen
Sep 15, 2013 rated it liked it
This is not a book I would have picked up to read while browsing the library. I'm not exactly in the demographic it is aimed at and it is far from my normal taste in reading.
It came into my hands as part of the required reading for Children's book day at work.
I therefore came to it without much enthusiasm. It's obviously aimed at boys with the accent on bottom jokes and Dennis the Menace type pranks. I didn't think it would hold anything for me.
Yet I have to say I'm glad I read it.
Tanja
Sep 29, 2013 rated it liked it
Only the second chapter book by Niki Daly I ever got to read. It's so very different from all his other books. I am sure kids will love especially the funny (and at times) outrageous language and reading about the unbelievable tricks (please don't try to copy!) Al plays on one of his teachers - who's dating his mum. Overall, I am not sure how I feel about the book. Something is missing. Maybe its because I love the author's picture books so much, that I am just hard to convince here. I like the ...more
Tan Ke Xin