Start by marking “True Surrender” as Want to Read:
True Surrender

True Surrender

When U.S. Army officer Aaron Bricewick is rescued from Afghanistan terrorists, he thinks the worst is over. Little does he know his personal journey is just beginning...

The first surprise is the amputation of one of his legs. The second is the woman he left behind, now a widow with a 4-year-old son - and his new prosthetist.

He vows that losing his leg won't derail his mi
Published (first published September 29th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about True Surrender, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about True Surrender

Kathleen
Nov 23, 2011 rated it really liked it
What would you do if you were a career military officer who has been abducted by terrorists in Afghanistan, and suffered through excruciating torture for 7 days? Would your military life ever be the same after your rescue, when you find out your injuries would include losing your leg? Would you be able to surrender your pride, and put your trust in God, the military, and let the one woman who you let get away help you recover? And if it came down to choosing between the military or true love, wh ...more
Jody
Nov 24, 2011 rated it liked it
When I first discovered this book I knew I had to read it because of the subject matter. As a disabled person myself, I was drawn to a character who was recently disabled to see how the author would deal with this part of the character's life. After turning the last page I'm happy to report that the character of Aaron is very realistic. He's realistic in a way that's heart breaking to see as he struggles to accept his limitations and cope with the kind of man he's become. Between the physical pa ...more
Books Mom
Originally posted at http://its-raining-books.blogspot.com...

This story captures the deep emotions of a soldier who had been tortured and maimed by the enemy in Afganistan. His feelings and thoughts are sensitively shown. It was sweetly romantic yet sensual. This is a tender romance which lets the reader see how the war affected his thinking, feeling and acting, in regards to relationships with others.

He suffers from anger, sadness, the loss of a leg, the feeling of helplessness, and frustration
MaryRhonda
Nov 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
GREAT STORY

Very profound and heart wrenching. Surviving torture and the lose of a limb is bad enough but to find out the betrayal was caused by someone close is so much worse. Unfortunately the premise for the betrayal is believable. (Read the book for details). Aaron’s journey of recuperation and acceptance including gaining faith in God and reconnecting with a former love makes this story worth reading. This is more than just a happily ever after story.
Claudette
Jul 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A fantastic read.

The story is realistic. Easy to follow and understand. Want to read more..... thank you. I enjoyed it. These word counts kill me.
Tracey
Aug 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book is so good!

This book is so hard to read and yet so worth the tears. It is about Aaron and Holly and her son Nick. It is about love and forgiveness and surrendering and healing. It is also about love, most of all, it is about love. 💖
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
Originally posted on http://longandshortreviews.blogspot.c...

A man tormented by nightmares and the after affects of a capture, and a woman who has lost so much, but still feels blessed. These two amazing people have met and loved each other before, but now are brought face to face again. True Surrender is Aaron and Holly's story, and along the way are some powerful scenarios and deep, emotional conflict that needs resolving.

Aaron Bricewick wakes up in a strange place after being imprisoned by t
Suzie
Nov 25, 2011 rated it it was amazing
While in Afghanistan Major Aaron Bricewick was captured by terrorists. His abductors try to pressure him to reveal top secret information. He refuses to corporate with them and they savagely tortured him by breaking both his legs. He fears that he will not be able to survive another beating. With is life hanging on by a thread he is miraculously rescued.

The nightmare doesn’t end when he is found; instead he is rushed to Holbrook Medical Center, a military hospital that specializes in extensive
Michael Cain
Dec 06, 2011 rated it really liked it
I mostly read books that are romantic comedies or paranormal romance/urban fantasy. And I found the beginning of this military romance nearly too intense to continue. Author Tracey Cramer-Kelly’s stark descriptions were emotionally hard to read, but ultimately her strong, believable characters and a storyline rich with heart and determination kept me reading.

At first I couldn’t get over her heroine, Holly Rossiter, putting the welfare of this injured soldier before her own feelings, but that ev
Cocktails and Books
Aaron Bricewick joined the Army to try and make the world a better place, he never expected that he would need to be rescue by US Forces. Having been kidnapped and tortured, Aaron is flown back to Southern California to be treated at Holbrook Medical Center. It's there that he faces losing his leg and having to readjust to his new way of life. It takes not only Aaron, but his college sweetheart, Holly Rossiter and her son to help Aaron re-evaluate his life.

When I finished this book, I felt extre
Meg - A Bookish Affair
Overall, I liked this book. It was different than a lot of other romance books that I've read in that it deals with some pretty heavy topics, mostly surrounding some of the issues that military personnel face when they come home from war. Aaron is one of the soldiers who unfortunately comes home with the effects of fighting a war showing. He loses his leg!

I really liked the characters of Holly and Aaron. Holly has a good heart but I do wish that we got to know a little more about her personality
Jennifer Lowery
Jan 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
When I picked up True Surrender by Tracey Cramer-Kelly I knew I was reading outside my genre, which I enjoy doing, but am sometimes hesitant. Well, let me tell you this time I was sooo glad I did!! This is a gem of a story! Once I started reading it I couldn’t put it down!
I fell for the hero from the first page. He’s tormented by nightmares after being captured and tortured in Afghanistan and now suffers a leg amputation because of it. My heart ached for him, and all the men and women out there
Skye Taylor
Nov 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
oorah for Tracey Cramer-Kelly. A romance that totally satisfies, yet deals with some of the painful and difficult issues our young men and women in the armed forces are faced with. The story didn't get bogged down with the endless detail of what Aaron Bricewick had to go through in rehab, but still we got to look into his heart and soul and see the struggle. Holly Rossiter has her own conflicts to overcome, and letting Aaron back into her heart is one of her biggest challenges. It's a heartwarmi ...more
Yvonne
Feb 28, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015, audio
A Christian based thriller/military romance/family drama.

It was a good story and I'd probably have given it 4 stars except for the inclusion of a couple of graphic sexual encounters that lent nothing to the story.

Favorite quote: "Why did people think military relationships were romantic? If anything, they were more work than most relationships."

I requested and received an audio review CD of this title through GoodReads First Reads.
Bea  Charmed
it was a four star most of the way but the end was over the top and unnecessary. full review to come.
Denise Devine
Feb 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book and highly recommend it if you like stories with deep emotion and great characters. It was really hard to put down.
Kendra
Jan 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
great read! gripping story.
Amy
Apr 12, 2013
Cheri Andrews
Nov 26, 2013
Tracey Cramer-Kelly
Oct 11, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Sky
Oct 25, 2013
Tracey Cramer-Kelly
Oct 11, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
RyooT
Jane Wheeler
May 05, 2016
Janice Panzarino
Jul 17, 2017

• The Secret Heiress (Protection Specialists, #2)
  • Beneath the Scars
  • Remember Me
  • Tempted by the Highland Warrior (MacKinloch Clan, #3)
  • One Stubborn Cowboy
  • The Hourglass
  • My Winter
  • High Stakes Bride (Men of Stone Mountain, #2)
  • Stella and Dane: A Honky Tonk Romance
  • The Older Man
  • Diablo (Texans, #1)
  • Saving Liberty (Special Forces: Operation Alpha Kindle Worlds)
  • Savage Deception (Nickie Savage, #1)
  • Rhythm of My Heart (Irish Pride Series, #1)
  • Lee (Devils on Horseback, #4)
  • Never Underestimate a Caffarelli (Those Scandalous Caffarellis, #2)
  • Perfect Weapon
  • The Write Man for Her
Tracey Cramer-Kelly started riding motorcycles at the age of sixteen. A month shy of her eighteenth birthday, she left for Army basic training. She spent five years in the Army National Guard as a combat medic, where she fell in love with helicopters. She went on to get her helicopter pilot license outside the military, and has spent time with search-and-rescue teams in Idaho.

In 2019 she returned
“Why did people think military relationships were romantic? If anything, they were more work than most relationships.” 0 likes