Start by marking “Chocolate Shoes and Wedding Blues” as Want to Read:

3.94  ·  Rating details ·  2,340 Ratings  ·  171 Reviews
When Tansy Poole inherits a run-down shoe shop tucked away in the village of Sticklepond, ‘Cinderella’s Slippers’ is born – providing the footwear to make any fairytale wedding come true…

Carrying everything a bride would want to walk down the aisle in, Tansy’s shop soon expands to carry shoe-themed wedding favours, bridesmaid gifts and even delicious chocolate shoes. It’s
Published May 10th 2012 by Avon (first published 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Chocolate Shoes and Wedding Blues, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chocolate Shoes and Wedding Blues

Samash
Dec 23, 2012 rated it it was ok
I usually like chick lit but when it comes to this book I didn't enjoy it all that much. I just felt nothing all that much happened... Tansy and Justin, stale relationship with irrating mum get a move on and move Tansy back to Lancashire. Tansy in Lancs... baby & men, she's opening a business but I felt no excitement or interest in it (there were no exciting or interesting events happening before or after) Tansy and the new shopping center... could have been a great story line but all happen ...more
Joanne Freitas
Um livro que mistura romance e chocolate, uma mistura perfeita mas faltou alguma coisa.
Carla Marques
Jan 14, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
O primeiro livro que leio desta escritora e gostei bastante.
Um livro leve, com uma história muito bonita (estilo Cinderela), personagens engraçadas e muito fácil de ler.
Opinião completa em: http://aviciadadoslivros.blogspot.pt/...
Silvéria Miranda
Livro que devia ter ficado bem mais pequeno. Demora demasiado a desenvolver-se (umas 380 páginas), e depois o desfecho acontece num ápice (6 páginas, por aí). História clichê, mas leve e descontraída. Bastante feminino.
Rea Cobb
May 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I have always found Trisha Ashley’s books a little hit or miss, although I read and enjoy them they never seem to grip me and leave me with a lasting impression and yet there is still something about them that make me pick up her new novel every year.

I will be very surprised if anyone can walk past this book and not turn their head as firstly the title of this book must grab the attention of every woman, I mean Chocolate and shoes in the same sentence, is it just me or does that sound like pure
Agi
May 02, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2013
Shame, but this book was not good for me. All the time I felt like a little child being patronized by someone older, I think it is the way it was written - full of exclamation marks, very repetitive and boring. all the characters were behaving as if they were in their 20ies and not 30ies, the way they were behaving and the way there were speaking: "And I went to his garden!" - something like this, and notice please the use of exclamation mark, as if going to his garden was really so an important ...more
Margarida
Poderia ter 4 estrelas se a enorme quantidade de erros ortográficos não me tivesse tirado do sério :s
Elphaba J
Opinião completa em: http://historiasdeelphaba.blogspot.pt...

Não queridos leitores, esta não é uma leitura particularmente natalícia, mas ter por perto alguns doces e uma boa chávena de chá (eu preferi licor) é altamente recomendável – Trisha Ashley sabe como fazer as suas leitoras cair em tentação.

Novamente no cenário de Sticklepond, a autora preparou uma obra tendencialmente romântica que explora vários temas interessantes sobre vidas comuns, com personagens tão banais quanto dissonantes, cria
Carol W
Apr 26, 2012 rated it really liked it
Tansy is a down to earth character. One I could identify with as she was not a size zero heroine who loves her baking and is happy with her shape. The same cannot be said of her doctor boyfriend. After several years their relationship is gong nowhere and Tansy's body clock is ticking away.

Tansy's Great Aunt Nan is advancing in years and wants Tansy to take over her little shop in Sticklepond. Should Tansy give up on the stagnant relationship and move to the village? Soon the decision is made for
Jules (Never enough time to read)
It was good, it was also a bit predictable and very character led.
Romée Wanders
Oct 31, 2015 rated it it was ok
NOPENOPENOPE
PUT IT IN THE TRAAAAAAAAASH
Ella
Aug 21, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Tohle byla bohužel nejslabší srdovka. Opravdu jsem doufala, že se mi bude líbit, protože má naprosto nádhernou obálku, ale příběh nic moc. Trošku nezáživný, hlavní hrdina otravná, děj se pořád opakoval, od začátku knihy byl jen velmi malý posun. Konec se mi sice líbil, ale ani ten to nezachrání.
Mark
Feb 15, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: british
Yes, you’re seeing this correctly, I read chick lit.

I read this because the kindle we’re borrowing for our rtw trip is from a friend on which we have a limited selection to read from! So I’m foraying into chick lit- who’da thought?!

Needless to say, it was very, very bad.
Gail Wood
Jan 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great characters, lots of fun. Chocolate and Shoes! a wonderful combination!
Nikki Bywater
Apr 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing
When Tansy Poole inherits a run-down shoe shop, this happens at just at the right time for her, she is in a relationship that just does not seem to be working out, and when a further revelation is revealed, the shop provides Tansy with the perfect way to escape from the relationship and living in London. Tansy moves back to the Village of Sticklepond in Lancashire where she grow up and was raised by a loving Aunt. Tansy’s dream is to turn her Aunts Bright Shoes shop into Cinderella’s Slippers. P ...more
Natalie
Feb 10, 2014 rated it liked it
Lovely Trisha Ashley, and her lovely, uncomplicated, practical, indefatigable heroines.

In this one,the heroine opens a successful wedding shoes shop and falls in love with her dishy neighbour, all while continuing to write and illustrate her series of best selling children's books and do an improbably large amount of baking. The setting of Sticklepond is still rural and cosy without being claustrophobic and as a plus we catch up with characters from previous books.

In its own way it's as unattain
Raquel Bernardes
Nov 15, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: livros-fisicos
Para quem já leu, como eu, o livro Noite de Reis e adorou, então vai gostar deste também. Embora no início seja um pouco maçudo mas depois de 50 páginas a história começa a desenvolver e prendeu-me a atenção. É um livro amoroso e fez-me apaixonar pela história de Tansy, fiquei bastante comovida quando perde a sua avó, e vê que ela lhe deixou umas gravações...

Opinião completa em:
Nicole
Sep 07, 2012 rated it did not like it
Yes, it's time to be done with this author/consortium of authors. There is a formula. Old relative + guy whose wife has died + jilted woman + ex who borders on stalker/violent behavior that no one takes too seriously + lots of baking + gratuitous use of exclamation points!!! The first two I read were enjoyable, light reads. The subsequent two were awful.

Plus, this book "made" me eat chocolate by mentioning it so damn often.
Jackie
Aug 25, 2012 rated it really liked it

Really enjoyed this book , really down to earth :)
Elaine
Jan 02, 2015 rated it liked it
Possibly more 2.5 stars. It is a bit long winded in places and could have been cut in half.
Sonia Bellhouse
Oct 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Chocolate Shoes and Wedding Blues

Tansy Poole's relationship with her fiancée Justin is at a stalemate. She returns to the Lancashire village of Stickle pond. Tansy is needed to help her much loved Aunt Nell with her shop Bright's Shoes. Her aunt's age and failing health mean that both she and the shop want more care.
Tansy is torn between a boyfriend who spends more time with his mother than with her and who is increasingly critical of everything about her and her aunt who needs her. Guilt and
Karen
Feb 18, 2017 rated it did not like it
I knew from the title this wouldn't be my kind of book, but in between library book requests arriving I picked it up. I was so right. This book is a load of tosh. Typical chick lit formula...a shop, selling twee goods; a woman with a couple of ex boyfriends, one who is a bastard, the other who isn't, but both are good looking; an aunt with a secret;a good friend and a house in a village.

This one has a Cinderella theme, with two horrible step sisters and a shop called Cinderella's slippers or som
Karen Mcnicol
Feb 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Finished reading this wonderful book this afternoon, it was very hard to put down let me just tell you that. This story of Tansy-Justin-Ivo-Her Aunt Nan, Bella and Neil. Tansy has a had time shaking of her ex Justin (wait until you hear about him), her first love (Ivo) ends up moving into the attached cottage just after her Great Aunt Nan passes. Well lets just put in here her 2 step sisters and mayhem is just around the corner. A book you will laugh out loud with but also feel the sadness of as ...more
Plum-crazy
Oct 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Tansy Poole dreams of weddings, shoes....& chocolate
.....so you will NEVER believe what she does...she opens...wait for it...a shop selling wedding shoes & chocolates!! Would've thunk it? ;o)

Look, it's a Trisha Ashley book so there's no new surprises here...girl gets heart broken, moves on & after a few misunderstandings & interference by wicked stepsisters, lives happily ever after. It does just what you expect it to...heart warming fluff at it's best :o)
Rory
Jul 18, 2017 rated it liked it
It's an easy read but far too obvious as always. You always know what is going to happen at the end.

I wanted to hear lots about setting up the shop; and those bits were good.

The rest was all a bit so so. And there were phrases actually copied and pasted into later sections of the book. They really stood out.
Joanne Newitt
I'm read

Not the best book I have read but I
Found it rather slow and predictable.n
Story line was not gripping
Shubi
Mar 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is my very first novel of Trisha Ashley and I'm sure this won't be the last. A feel-good novel that'll be in my mind for long.
Mel
Aug 16, 2017 rated it it was ok
The last Trisha Ashley loaded on my Kindle.....I'm done!
Nicki Kendall
  • The Sweetest Thing
  • Midsummer Magic
  • Hens Reunited
  • Summer of Love
  • Christmas at the Cupcake Café (At the Cupcake Café, #2)
  • The Secret Shopper's Revenge
  • Ten Years On
Trisha Ashley is now a full-time novelist, but she has been known to work for stained glass makers and/or plumbers. She likes to paint, eat, drink, and read literary biographies. Her previous hobbies included getting divorced and packing to move. She claims to have once actually eaten Bronte burgers at the Branwell café, but her publisher declines to verify this. She lives in North Wales.

Romance Deals

• Party Girl
    $4.49 $1.99
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Paris (International Guy #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Him (Fool Me Once, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Out of Breath (Breathing, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Off Base (Out of Uniform, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Barely Breathing (Breathing, #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Reason to Breathe (Breathing, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Second Chance Summer (Cedar Ridge, #1)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Married By Morning (The Hathaways, #4)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Playing It Safe
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Beneath Copper Falls (Rock Harbor #6)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Tight
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Year of Weddings: Twelve Love Stories (A Year of Weddings Novella)
    $12.99 $3.99
  • The Curse Keepers (The Curse Keepers #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Feral Sins (The Phoenix Pack, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How to Tame a Beast in Seven Days (The Embraced #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Shame on You (Fool Me Once, #1)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Me (Fool Me Once, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • The Curse Breakers (The Curse Keepers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dirty Exes (Liars, Inc., #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Shadow's Edge (Night Prowler, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • First Drop of Crimson (Night Huntress World, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Taste of Magic (Magic, # 1)
  • Where the Road Takes Me
    $3.99 $1.99
  • New York (International Guy #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Sin With Me (Bad Habit, #3)
  • The Memory of You
    $8.99 $1.99
  • One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wicked Cravings (The Phoenix Pack, #2)
  • Good Guys Love Dogs
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Camino Beach
  • Shadow Woman
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Embrace the Night (Vampire Romance #1)
  • The Shell Seekers
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Wicked White (Wicked White Series Book 1)
  • All the Little Lights
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Carnal Secrets (The Phoenix Pack, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Scream For Me: A Novel of the Night Hunter (For Me, #3)
  • When Life Happened
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Cheater (Curious Liaisons, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Cheater's Regret (Curious Liaisons, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hunting Grounds (Hidden Sins, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Revenge (Consequence, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Seduction (Consequence #3)
  • The Story of Us
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Loving Colton (Consequence, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • No More Masquerade (Secrets of Stone Series Book 2)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Dunaway's Crossing
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Twisted Truths (Blood Brothers, #3)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • The Curse Defiers (The Curse Keepers, #3)
  • The Roommate 'dis'Agreement
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Rules of Regret
  • Cry Baby
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Matchmaking for Beginners
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Hollywood Dirt (Hollywood Dirt, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Threat of Danger (Mission Recovery, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Copenhagen (International Guy #3)