Start by marking “Batman, El contraataque del caballero oscuro Edición Absolute” as Want to Read:
Batman, El contraataque del caballero oscuro Edición Absolute

Batman, El contraataque del caballero oscuro Edición Absolute

(The Dark Knight Saga #2)

Polémica secuela de El regreso del caballero oscuro donde Frank Miller volvió a revolucionar el medio. Una obra que no ha dejado indiferente a nadie recibe ahora el tratamiento Absolute, cargada de extras para disfrute de todos aquellos que quieran admirar este cómic en un formato diferente. El contraste entre el dibujo abstracto y los colores vivos de Lynn Varley han prov ...more
Hardcover, Absolute, 280 pages
Published December 2006 by Planeta DeAgostini Comics (DC Comics) (first published 2001)

Donovan
Jun 23, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: nope
Shelves: nope

Vomiting a mixer is about how I feel. I realized the fundamental problem with this comic is that it's not even about Batman. Seriously. Batman is barely even here. This is basically a JL/JLA/JLI/JL-whatever-else-you-can-think of comic. And this comic has nothing to do with The Dark Knight Returns except that Batman and Carrie Kelley are in it. Which makes me feel like smashing Frank Miller repeatedly in the face.

Let's begin shall we? Like any Justice League comic there are a zillion characters.
Sam Quixote
Oct 11, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Batman: The Dark Knight Strikes Again is rightly reviled by all Batman fans because of how terrible the book is on every level but made doubly damning because Frank Miller wrote two of the most acclaimed Batman books - The Dark Knight Returns and Year One.

The plot is a paranoid maniac's delight: the President of the United States is a hologram created by Lex Luthor and Brainiac who're essentially in control of America behind the scenes. Superman is still their lapdog because they hold Kandor, th
Chip'sBookBinge
Jun 21, 2011 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Gavin
Mar 11, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics
OK, so I just finished re-reading the precursor to this, the rightly worshiped The Dark Knight Returns. (my review here)

That was a masterpiece, and I'll just leave it at that.

Well, for everything that book was; this one is NOT.

Written 15 years after the original, yet only set 3 yrs after the events of that book, this feels forced, reactionary, chaotic (in a bad way) and is ugly in every way. Miller himself takes over the art, and I want to apologize to the artist of the original, because that wa
Stephen
Jan 28, 2010 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
A steaming, drizzling, stinking pile of poo so foul it is rumored that God himself may actually cut the lifespan of the universe in half just to rid all existence of the stench left behind by Miller's ass wipings known as B:TDKSA.

Let me ask you a question -- What would be the stupidest storyline in the history of comics?
A) Ultimate evil is defeated by ultimate good,
B) Ultimate evil is defeated by a stronger evil,
or C) Ultimate evil is defeated by people's interest in fashion and fashion acce
Lashaan Balasingam (Bookidote)
You can find my review on my blog by clicking here.

This is the most epic, mind-boggling, creative, throne-worthy and more-colors-than-an-90s-arcade-game piece of garbage that the comic industry must have ever known; I really hope it can’t get worse than this. Almost two decades after the release of The Dark Knight Returns by Frank Miller, the man returns with a brand new storyline—I don’t even think that’s appropriate. You know how a writer has an idea and feels the urge to scribble it away as s
Jonathan Terrington

This is a nice follow up to The Dark Knight Returns, save for the fact that the artwork and plot are regularly more obscure and bizarre than their brilliant predecessor. However, that said, Frank Miller remains a strong writer regardless and his ability to use Batman and the DC universe to talk about politics and craft, essentially, a beautiful dystopian novel is fantastic (and I mean that in all possible senses).

It's three years after the previous novel and Batman has been presumed dead. Of cou
Jesse A
The art is just so gosh darned mother-lovin ugly its hard to tell if the story was any good (not really, its not).
Ryan Mishap
Dec 18, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novel
Do yourself a favor and read Miller's Batman graphic novels as he re-creates a darker, more troubled Batman and a Gotham that parodies modern life at the same time it fulfills the definition of a crime-ridden cesspool Batman has to mop up.
This one is set three years after The Dark Knight Returns. Batman is in his sixties, I think, and plots to take down the fascist, technological government of Lex Luthor with the digital president and Brainiac trying to take out Superman.
Batman as traitor to
Andrew
May 17, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: c-comics, read-own-d
The story seemed to ramble without much cohesion. It's set in the future of DC - which is always awkward to do since none of the future-states collaborate with the current DC-world status. Many of the characters have their personalities altered, or rather, the personalities are filtered through Miller's assumption that everyone is neurotic and psychotic.

The art is inconsistent, but mostly bad, although I do love Miller's style and his paneling, this book just feels rushed. Some pages are stunni
Rory Wilding
Jul 07, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Re-Read, 2017
Having purchased the third instalment of Frank Miller's Dark Knight trilogy, I felt to re-read this much critical reviled sequel to The Dark Knight Returns, given how much I disliked it the first time round.

Gosh, the re-read was a chore as Miller as a writer is just trying to edgy for the sake of shock value, from the talking media heads reduced to naked women giving us the news, to a sex scene between Superman and Wonder Woman that literally shakes the earth; so irksome. The art,
Patrick
Jun 13, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I greatly enjoy Batman stories that don't feel like Batman stories.

Readers expecting to see a followup on par with The Dark Knight Returns will be deeply unimpressed. It feels like a disjointed and jumbled mess. There's a story in there, but it doesn't always feel connected. Like someone put all the smoothie ingredients in a blender then didn't bother to turn it on.

But wouldn't ya know it, 4 stars. Clearly I am a fan of Frank Miller's more notable train wrecks. Add this one to the list with All
Christian
Mar 19, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics, superheroes
Frank Miller's long awaited sequel to his popular Batman: The Dark Knight Returns is possibly the worst comic I have ever read. Its a terrible sequel but that barely covers how terrible it is itself.
Throughout Dark Knight Returns there was a commentary on events done by the media. This worked as both a satire of mass media, as well as providing plot exposition. It also was a small subplot that didn't take up too much space. In The Dark Knight Strikes Again the media satire takes up most of the
Joel
Jul 04, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comic
Me parece justo empezar diciendo que yo jamás había leído un cómic. Éste es el primero. Por lo tanto, me parece muy difícil hacer una reseña.

No estoy muy seguro qué es lo que debo calificar así que hablaré de lo relevante a muy grande rasgos.

La historia: Sí, me gustó y bastante. Según entendí no sé vital para el universo DC pero me ha parecido muy atrapante. Aunque debo decir que de las 3 partes en que está dividido el cómic la tercera y última es más floja que las dos primeras.

Los diálogos
Professor
Feb 22, 2009 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: old-colony
Greg
Jul 14, 2008 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novels, dc
Mike
Often ridiculous art and dialogue, likely purposefully, but still entertaining.
Arun Divakar
Mar 21, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Page 1 :

Three years after TDKR and a different world, oh boy oh boy ! Now I just gotta wait for Batman ? rubs hands in glee and grins maniacally

Page 5 :

Superman has come and…and…why does he look so odd ? Where is Batman ?

Page 10 :

Umm….Batman ? This is supposed to be a Batman comic wasn’t it ? Why is Superman such a bozo here ? Who are all these naked women ?

Page 20 :

Who are all these people ? They look like something the Justice League threw up on the carpet ! Where’s Batman ? And what are t
Jaret
Aug 26, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This is just sad. If you enjoyed The Dark Knight Returns for it's dark, gritty, "real" look at masked vigilante-ism that is somewhat reminiscent of Watchmen, then you will want to stay the hell away from this book.

I can't fully get into listing why this book is terrible, I'll just end up getting all disappointed again. So I'll just briefly touch on 3 things: 1)Art: I can understand if you want to change the style from the previous work (although I might not agree, loved the art on the first book
JB
This one is hard to grade. I liked some stuff in it, some moments and felt lost a lot of times. It's very inconsistent.

I'll just tell you about the stuff I liked and leave you with that.

I liked the breakout of the Atom and the breakout of the Flash.

I liked the part where Batman was fighting Superman with the help of Green Arrow, the Flash and the Atom and says: "That's the problem with all those high and mighty powers. They made you cocky.  Over confident. You never learned to think strategical
Logan
Jun 07, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Okay.... So I have heard horrible things about this book, people saying "don't read it!" So Why am i reading this book? Well there's a short answer to that, they announced Dark Knight Master Race, so i might as well read this.

First off the artwork is absolutely fugly! Lex Luthor looks like kingpin, and Wonder Woman runs around in boxer shorts! haha! Frank Miller's art is usually pretty cool so I don't know what happened here?

The Story is that the heroes are now divided, Heroes such as Superman
Mike
Feb 19, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not terrible, but not much new ground covered here. Miller re-hashes the themes of the original Dark Knight Returns: The powerful are corrupt and tyrnnical. The citizens are apathetic. Superman is a sellout. Only Batman has the strength of will to fight back. Superman gets another beating at the hands of Batman. This time Metropolis gets the heavy dose of carnage, tinged with 9-11 imagery. Batman faces down his "ultimate" nemesis.

Much more disjointed than the original, the story jerks from one
Γιώργος Γιώτσας
A bad moment of a great creator.
Still there are memorable moments like the ones in the end, with Bruce and Lex, Carrie and Grayson.
Overall a bad repetition of DK returns (if we assume there can be a good repetition of the magnificent DK returns)
Hamish
Jan 17, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
"All happy families resemble one another, each unhappy family is unhappy in its own way" as Tolstoy famously said. Similarly, all great comics are great for what are, in the end, pretty similar reasons. Bad comics usually are bad for wildly different reasons. And then there's The Dark Knight Strikes Again, which breaks new ground in terrible. It is horrendous in ways that you have never seen before. It sets a new standard in awful; it's an original. It's the Don Quixote of failure, the Velvet Un ...more
Colin
Oct 07, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Okay, firstly I want you all to know that I only signed up for this site to warn you that this graphic novel sucks so much ass it's ridiculous. I'll list, in step form, the many ways this book is horse shit (there will be swearing and there may be spoilers. You've been warned.

1) The artwork is abysmal. I TDKR the artwork was bad, but in a cool way (I am in no way, taking away from the brilliance of The Dark Knight Returns, by the way). I've seen better art from a four year old. nothing is even,
Etienne
Oct 27, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
So bad... Big disappointment for me! The illustrations and the frame of pages were a bit messy and the story just too weird. Batman is also mostly not there... for a Batman comic this is ridiculous, there are a lot of heroes, almost Justice League materials, and yes Batman is there, but maybe in 10% of the comic. A waste of money!
Jim
Oct 21, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
What a crock of shit this is.
Jedi JC Daquis
Nov 28, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
If The Dark Knight Strikes Again is taken by the public as a cult, unorthodox, non-Batman and definitely non-mainstream story of our DC heroes, then DK2 might get into the positively-reviewed territory and become an unconventional cult classic. It is crazy, unordered, with so many wrong things in it. Hell, it is all wrong in the most explicit, boombastic and explosive ways. It defies the bounds of graphic literature. It may even be a topic for academic discourse and dissertations.

But this is a m
Brendan
May 24, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novels
I cannot believe this was the mess that followed up The Dark Knight Returns, this gave me a headache attempting to read it. The artwork and storyline is incoherent, just a complete messy letdown. I just thought I should read this before tackling the 3rd book in the series. This is way too much like Sin City, granted that series works to Millers strengths but not the whole DC library. I wish I ignored this and went straight to Master Race, I wouldn't have the anger I have now for this giant waste ...more
أحمد
Oct 04, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics
I hated the artwork. I loved the writing. Frank Miller continues his epic "Batman vs. World" story with all those long-forgotten heroes. Who has gone too far trying to die as a hero? And who has lived long enough to see himself become the villain? You'll only know when the Dark Knight strikes again!

Ahmad Eddeeb
  • Batman: Going Sane
  • Batman International
  • Batman: Under the Cowl
  • Blackest Night: Black Lantern Corps, Vol. 2
  • Universe X, Vol. 2 (Earth X 3)
Frank Miller is an American writer, artist and film director best known for his film noir-style comic book stories. He is one of the most widely-recognized and popular creators in comics, and is one of the most influential comics creators of his generation. His most notable works include Sin City, The Dark Knight Returns, Batman Year One and 300.

Librarian Note: There is more than one author in the

The Dark Knight Saga (4 books)
  • The Dark Knight Returns: The Last Crusade