Start by marking “Walt Disney World (Little-Known Facts about Well-Known Places)” as Want to Read:
Walt Disney World (Little-Known Facts about Well-Known Places)

Walt Disney World (Little-Known Facts About Well-Known Places)

3.91  ·  Rating details ·  258 Ratings  ·  36 Reviews
Walt Disney World employs more than 62,000 people, including at least 58,000 cast members. That’s more than twice the number of employees at the Pentagon (23,000), one of the world’s largest office complexes. WDW is, in fact, the largest single-site employer in the United States.
Disney’s effort to be “green” includes the production of more than 30 tons of fruit and vege
Published August 25th 2011 by Sterling Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Walt Disney World, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Walt Disney World

T. Finley
Jan 21, 2017 rated it it was ok
This book was written by a different author than the volume in this series that was written about Disneyland, and it shows. The writing seems to have less of that snappy quality that David Hoffman's contributions to the Little-Known Facts series have. As a result I was somewhat disappointed overall.
Did I like it? It was ok.
Would I reread it? Maybe.
Would I recommend it? Not sure.
Amy Pellicer
Dec 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book of interesting trivia and facts makes me want to get in the car and go to Walt Disney World now! I loved the history behind the creation of Walt Disney World and the unique little facts that helps to prove even more that its a magical place for the young and young-at-heart! Great read for anyone who loves Disney and/or is a trivia history fan.
Annburnett
Apr 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Enjoyable book about trivia facts of Walt Disney World. Also a very easy read.
Jessica
Mar 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Read this before going to Disney for a full week with park hopper passes for the first time ever, and it made the trip so much more fun! It tells you about tons of little secrets hidden throughout the parks, and my mom and I had a blast finding them all. Highly recommend if you're planning a trip, or just for Disney fans in general.
Jessica Buike
Mar 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
I picked up this fun little book for a travel client of mine, and couldn't help but read it before giving it away! This has a lot of great tips and facts about Disney that is perfect for the new visitor, and even the seasoned pro. It's small enough to be packed into luggage and taken along with you on a trip to Disney, and could help fill your time while waiting in line for one of the more popular rides. :)
Carrie Rogers
Jul 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
Quick, easy read. As a former cast member there wasn't much I didn't already know, but there were a few new facts that were interesting to me. I read a previous review on here that said it was heavily focused on Animal Kingdom. They were right, which was extremely annoying as it is my least favorite park. Also, I know many more facts about the Magic Kingdom, Main Street USA in fact (my former home), that are much more interesting.
Tamra
May 22, 2012 rated it really liked it
Although I didn't like this book as well as the Disneyland edition, it still had some pretty fun and amazing trivia for Disney nuts like me. It seemed to focus a lot on the Animal Kingdom park and I found myself wanting to hear more about the other parks. But, like the Disneyland edition, it made me want to go back for another visit.
Amy
Nov 03, 2013 rated it liked it
Quick, fun and interesting read. For a Disney fan, it was exciting to read and takes you deeper into the magic of Disney. It did focus quite a bit on Animal Kingdom but it was still interesting. Great read just before a Walt Disney World visit.
I loved the cover, and the layout of the pages. Only thing I would add is some more pictures. Maybe some Disney quotes, just to give it a nice feel.
Wisty
Feb 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Um, yes. I didn't think it was possible, but I love Disney World even more now. Thank you, bargain bin at Barnes and Noble- you've come through for me yet again.
The attention to detail and the thought that Walt Disney and all co. put into this world is incredible. Now I need to go back and look for all of these hidden clues I've read about!
Maggie
Sep 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: nonfiction
What a fun little book! I loved learning about the background and interesting things about Walt Disney World. It would have been great if I had found it before I visited the parks. I would have kept an eye out for a lot of the things mentioned (I may have even carried it with me through all the parks).
Meg
Oct 30, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: coffee-table
The price was great at Barnes & Noble, so I couldn't pass it up. I found some of the facts to be interesting! I did find that some of the facts were repetitive about certain subjects, so I wish it was more diversified but overall it was cool for Disney fanatics!
Sandra
Dec 16, 2011 rated it really liked it
Very interesting book with lots of facts. Would have given it five stars except a couple facts were repeated and I would have liked it better with photographs to go along with some of the descriptions. Definitely a must read for any hardcore Disney fan.
Lady Lioness
Got this as a bargain book from Barnes and Noble. It was worth the price as there were things in here that even I didn't know, but it may not have anything new for the diehard Disney fan. For the interested, there are 190 'little known facts' in this book.
Taylor Saul
Aug 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: disney
Interesting facts & tidbits. A worthy little book to add to your collection.
China
Dec 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
Good book full of interesting facts! Many new things I didn't know already! It was a great Christmas gift from my mom :)
Tiffany Wilbourn
Apr 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2012-books
Great little book about Walt Disney World Facts...pretty neat if you are obsessed with Disney World...like me!
Stacey
Oct 10, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
Reminded me how much I love this place and that five years is too long to be away from it. Going for my birthday next year.
Maureen
Jan 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
This was a really fast and easy read. I learned some new and interesting facts about WDW.
Rich
Dec 31, 2012 rated it it was ok
This was good for what it is. Many of the facts were things I already knew. Others were number heavy and things I will never remember. It did make me want to go back and visit again.
Kathy
interesting compliation of tidbits
Eric
Jan 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-i-own
A fun little book chocked-full of interesting little tidbits about Walt Disney World
Allyson
Apr 15, 2013 rated it liked it
Cute. Nothing earth-shattering. Most Disney-philes (is that a word?) will know most of what is on here already.
Emily
Dec 28, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: nonfiction
Very good fact book! I really enjoyed it, even though I already knew a lot of it. Really great for in the car, especially if you were on your way to see the mouse.
Stephen
Dec 30, 2011 rated it liked it
The facts are mainly centered arond Disney's Animal Kingdom and offer few facts that someone who is well-read in Disney lore would find new and/or fascinating.
Amy
Sep 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Actually true to the title, I learned some things I never knew.
Dannielle
Apr 07, 2012 rated it really liked it
Lots of intresting Facts. Makes me want to got back to Disney World just to check some of them out.
Lisa Sanfilippo
Jul 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I loved this. Walt Disney world is one of my favorite spots in the world. I never would have guessed a lot of this stuff!
Roxanne Lacasse
Nov 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is a great book for those who like Disney trivia. Fun and quick to read!
Colleen Mertens
Mar 16, 2013 rated it liked it
This is a great book for anyone going to Disney World. Also it is good for people who like obscure trivia.
  • The Imagineering Field Guide to Epcot at Walt Disney World
  • Walt Disney's Epcot Center: Creating the New World of Tomorrow
  • How to Be Like Walt: Capturing the Disney Magic Every Day of Your Life
  • The Art of the Disney Princess
  • The Alchemy of Animation: Making an Animated Film in the Modern Age
  • Mouseschawitz - My Summer Job of Concentrated Fun (Tales of a Disney Cast Member)
  • Walt Disney World Hidden History: Remnants of Former Attractions and Other Tributes
  • Tale as Old as Time: The Art and Making of Beauty and the Beast
  • Walt Disney Imagineering: A Behind the Dreams Look at Making More Magic Real
  • Mouse Under Glass: Secrets of Disney Animation and Theme Parks
  • Story (Walt Disney Animation Studios: The Archive Series)
  • Walt Disney World Trivia Book: Secrets, History & Fun Facts Behind the Magic: Volume 1
  • The Hidden Magic of Walt Disney World: Over 600 Secrets of the Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Disney's Hollywood Studios, and Animal Kingdom

Little-Known Facts About Well-Known Places (8 books)
  • Little Known Facts About Well Known Places: Disneyland
  • Ireland (Little-Known Facts about Well-Known Places) (January 2009)
  • Italy Little-Known Facts About Well-Known Places
  • Little-known Facts About Well-known Places-Paris
  • Little-Known Facts about Well-Known Places: New York
  • Texas (Little-Known Facts about Well-Known Places)
  • New Orleans (Little-Known Facts about Well-Known Places)

Nonfiction Deals

• The Second World War
    $12.99 $3.99
  • Dewey: The Small-Town Library Cat Who Touched the World
    $11.24 $1.99
  • I Am Not Myself These Days (P.S.)
    $13.24 $1.99
    $12.99 $2.99
  • The Storm of War: A New History of the Second World War
  • Creativity: Flow and the Psychology of Discovery and Invention
    $10.49 $1.99
  • Requiem for the American Dream: The 10 Principles of Concentration of Wealth & Power
    $16.99 $3.99
  • Dear Madam President: An Open Letter to the Women Who Will Run the World
    $12.99 $3.99
  • The Recovering: Intoxication and Its Aftermath
    $15.99 $3.99
  • Theft by Finding: Diaries (1977-2002)
    $14.99 $2.99
  • Through My Eyes
    $13.99 $1.99
  • A Brief History of Everything
    $14.99 $2.99
  • The World's Religions, Revised and Updated (Plus)
  • Leonardo's Notebooks
  • Leaving Church: A Memoir of Faith
  • Eating on the Wild Side: The Missing Link to Optimum Health
  • Love, Ellen: A Mother/Daughter Journey
    $10.24 $1.99
  • Secret Historian: The Life and Times of Samuel Steward, Professor, Tattoo Artist, and Sexual Renegade
  • Thinkertoys: A Handbook of Creative-Thinking Techniques
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Saving Alex: When I Was Fifteen I Told My Mormon Parents I Was Gay, and That's When My Nightmare Began
    $9.49 $1.99