Jump to ratings and reviews

Time Steve Jobs: The Genius Who Changed Our World

The man who revolutionized personal technology is celebrated by the writers and editors of TIME magazine in a beautifully illustrated look back on his life and legacies. From his unlikely beginnings as a college dropout to his triumphant years as the man behind one invention after another that transformed our lives, this is the story of a tireless innovator and visionary thinker. With new pieces by renowned TIME writers Lev Grossman, Richard Corliss, Harry McCracken and James Poniewozik.

96 pages, Hardcover

1,727 books163 followers

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
0 (0%)
Displaying 1 - 10 of 10 reviews
249 reviews12 followers
January 4, 2018
Not a memoir, more like a collection of Steve Jobs publicised success by TIME magazine. I admit I have never read reading materials or movie that are related to Jobs. But as I’m writing this review from my iPhone, arranging my Goodreads shelves on my MacBook, watching random YouTube clips from my dad’s iPad, i knew in an instant that Steve Jobs has changed my life regarding technology. I was a die-hard Apple fan since the introduction of iPhone. Being a teen and nearly fascinated by almost everything new and sparkly, I was instantly attracted to the iPhone. I remembered being fascinated about how it fits in my hand, how smooth are the functions, how beautiful was the graphics and every single details that you could possibly imagine were there. Sorry, I had to keep my fangirl self in check and continue my review. There are about 10 published articles on this book (more like coffee table book). They are very interesting read regarding Steve Jobs’ success, failure, habits and Apple products. Needless to say, I’m extremely satisfied with the read!
9 reviews
July 10, 2016
This is an interesting collection of past TIME articles about Steve Jobs, Apple and its products. A few bits are new, such as the introduction and the final few articles, but the bulk of the magazine is a republishing of articles from TIME's archives.

It's an interesting read, but if you've followed Apple or Steve Jobs for a while, or if you've read any other books about Jobs, there's probably very little new or revealing.
Profile Image for Godo Stoyke.
Author 3 books4 followers
February 13, 2015
This "special commemorative issue" feels somewhat put together, and it is, consisting partially simply of original TIME magazine articles at various stages of Jobs' career, cobbled together Frankensteinishly into a single volume. However, the writing is generally good, particularly by Lev Grossman and Stephen Fry (yes, THAT Stephen Fry).
1 review1 follower
November 16, 2015
This magazine tells you about a man with humble beginnings, yet great ideas. My favorite parts were the pictures it showed of his humble work spaces and then when it tells about how perfect he wants to be. It even tells you about the time he tried to fix the google icon letters before releasing his iPhone, which had to perfect.
Profile Image for Drew.
594 reviews25 followers
February 7, 2013
Great photos but the book seems mostly like TIME was trying to cash in on Jobs' death. The stories are just republished stories on Apple and Jobs from past TIME issues. If you want to read about Steve, see Walter Isaacson's fantastic biography.
Profile Image for P.
276 reviews
June 3, 2015
Nice photos, but I agree with other reviewers that TIME magazine is just trying profit from Jobs' passing. They joined together some past articles about him from previous issues with a few new ones. Written for the general public--not techies or Apple/Steve Jobs fans.
6 reviews
May 22, 2012
Ok. Not as good as the one put together by fortune magazine.
Profile Image for Farras Octara.
22 reviews6 followers
July 3, 2013
I prefer Walter Isaacson's more. But, yeah, I like the photos here.
Displaying 1 - 10 of 10 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.