Start by marking “Outrageously Alice” as Want to Read:
Outrageously Alice

Outrageously Alice (Alice #9)

3.91  ·  Rating Details ·  1,455 Ratings  ·  44 Reviews
Every girl should grow up with Alice, and with this irresistible new look, a whole new generation will want to.

Now that she is setting into eighth grade, the class she used to envy, Alice Mckinley is discovering that it isn't all that exciting. But, maybe it’s up to her to make this year as thrilling as she thought it would be? Out with the old, plain-Jane Alice in with t
Published August 30th 2011 by Atheneum Books for Young Readers (first published May 1st 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Outrageously Alice, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Outrageously Alice

Christina Wilder
Aug 17, 2013 Christina Wilder rated it liked it
Shelves: ya, series
Glad to see a book in which a girl is able to get away from a guy who's hitting on her and making her uncomfortable. Sadly, this is gone the wayside in youth literature.
Dana (six strings and a sailboat) Carlisle
I am not reading series in order except last one and I thought it was good, very funny.
♡ Kristina
Banned Books 2011
Reasons: nudity; offensive language; religious viewpoint

Banned Books 2006
Reasons: offensive language and sexually explicit

Banned Books 2003
Reasons: sexual content, offensive language, unsuited to age group

Banned Books 2002
Reasons: homosexuality, sexually explicit, unsuited to age group

Banned Books 2001
Reasons: sexually explicit, unsuited to age group
Elissa
Jul 29, 2014 Elissa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Alice thinks she's too boring and wants to participate more in life. She joins a new club, is a bridesmaid in a wedding, and tries different things with her looks.

Book takes place: Fall of 8th grade.
Alice's life lessons: You have to participate in life sometimes.
Best Alice moment(s): Green eyeshadow; Pamela's parents; Justin Collier and the sexy nun; the Halloween closet; the drunk groomsman; the bachelorette lingerie party.
Emma
Apr 08, 2012 Emma rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This isn't my favorite in the series, but it is a fun, fast read. It's fall of Alice's 8th grade year and life certainly isn't getting any easier. One of her friends is dealing with her parent's divorce and Alice is reevaluating her feelings for Patrick. I could live without this one.
Chris
Aug 03, 2011 Chris rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I think my favorite parts of these books are Alice's conversations with her much older brother, and the wide variety of questions she asks him, and his mixture of frustration and compassion.
Maria
Apr 09, 2015 Maria rated it liked it
Shelves: 2015
Another Alice book finished. I am maybe, kind of, sort of regretting my decision to binge on this series. They're good books and all, but some of the humor and characters get a little repetitive when you go one right after the other. I might take a break after I finishing 'Achingly Alice' -- I don't want reading these to feel like a chore.

Anyway! This one takes place during the fall of Alice's eighth grade year. As Alice sees big changes happening in the lives of people around her -- Pamela's pa
Crys (The Hodgenator)
Another Alice book bites the dust. My goal is to read all of them before the end of the year, and as always, I adored this one as much as the others.

Alice is growing up, page-by-page, allowing readers to experience it with her. This is why I love these books. I feel as if I am Alice – as if I am the one experiencing all the love, friendship, and laughter.

In this latest installment Alice decides that she is just too plain, and she wants to be a bit different. It seems everyone has something that
ijul (yuliyono)
Alice oh Alice... tipikal ABG jaman sekarang. Tepatnya, ABG yang beranjak ke masa remaja. Seorang gadis yang harus memecahkan sendiri segala misteri tentang kewanitaan gegara sang ibu telah meninggal dunia dan ia hanya tinggal dengan ayah dan kakak lelakinya yang terkadang tak mau membantunya.

Ada sih Pamela dan Elizabeth, besties-nya, tapi mereka sama saja dengan dirinya. Sama-sama ABG yang nggak ngeh soal perubahan-perubahan menjadi wanita seutuhnya. Penulis sungguh cakap menggambarkan kecangg
Elsa Acosta
Aug 30, 2011 Elsa Acosta rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I chose one the Alice series because I have a daughter who is going to be 12 in a couple of weeks and just started 6th grade. I’m sure this book is appealing to teenage girls as they might found many situations similar to what they are living and hearing. It’s very important for children (and even adults) to be aware that others experience similar problems or feelings, and that our feelings are not normal. Many adults (especially moms) might find the book not appropriate for ages 9 to 12. Readi ...more
Samantha
Alice is really growing up and testing her limits, which drives her dad and brother crazy. A strange installment in the series, but a bold one in which Alice begins to ask some very serious questions about sex. The conversation even goes as far as discussing different positions. Pamela finds out her parents are splitting up and this is hard on her. Alice faces an emergency when her father falls from a ladder while cleaning the gutters and is surprised and happy to see Miss Summers care for her f ...more
Jackie *Fire and Ice Book Reviews*
I am a big fan of the entire Alice series. I am glad I get to follow Alice through her jurney as she grows up. I't s crazy how I have fell in love with all of the characters, and the things they are going through as they grow up. I have read this entire series about 2 times, and, I can't wait for the last book to come out. I am so excited to see how the life of Alice ends!
This time we are following Alice into the life of 8th grade, and the wonders of boys. This book is really good, and fun to r
It's the first semester of 8th grade, and things are happening to everybody except Alice. Her brother's ex-girlfriend Crystal is getting married, her friend Elizabeth is getting attention from a new boy at school, Pamela's parents are separating, and her boyfriend Patrick is turning into an obnoxious jerk.

Alice doesn't want to be boring anymore. She wants to mix things up, so she tries a few things. Temporarily dyes her hair, wears a bathing suit indoors to get attention, and starts experimentin
Kiesha
Alice believes her life is boring, and nothing crazy or exciting ever happens to her. In her Eighth grade year Alice is a bridesmaid for first time, dresses up as a showgirl for halloween, and experiments with 'her color'. Alice is growing up, experiencing new things with her best friends, Elizabeth and Pamela, and contemplating her relationship with her boyfriend, Patrick. I recommend this book for 7th and 8th graders.
Teacher Tip: Use this book to address themes such growing up and conformity.
Slone
May 03, 2011 Slone rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Naylor is really good at taking the feelings of adolescence (I want to stand out, but I want to be liked; wanting to shake up and improve your life in large ways really quickly) and making them universal. Writing from an adult's perspective, though, she isn't above spelling out the lessons she wants to impart. I wish I'd had these when I was Alice's age; the overt would have been more appreciated then. Now, I think a little circumspection would be a better read. Enjoyable, nonetheless.
Lindsey
Sep 21, 2008 Lindsey rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Alice is still in 8th grade, and she's getting sick of herself. She's boring an unimaginative. She starts wearing a lot of makeup and doing outrageous things to get attention, but she grows out of it way more quickly than your average teenager (approx 100 pages?) Meanwhile Crystal, Lester's ex-girlfriend, gets married and Alice's dad has an accident that brings him and Sylvia Summers closer. Pamela's parents are separating and Elizabeth is starting to come out of her shell.
Mary
Alice is definitely outrageous in this book but by the end she is growing up some. I did not read these books growing up and honestly don't think I would have liked them, but I can see the appeal for some kids. This book is starting to feel slightly dated because nowadays Alice could simply look up the answers to her questions online.
Libby
Continuing the Alice saga--I think this is one I haven't read before. Alice serves as bridesmaid in the wedding of Lester's former girlfriend. Beforehand, she attends a lingerie shower, tests the waters of dressing outrageously at school, and supports Pamela during a family crisis.
Brian
Nov 02, 2013 Brian rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Alice continues through the 8th grade with the typical trials and tribulations that she normally goes though. Her friend Pamela has a personal issue and her dad has an accident. This was a good book in the series but not my favorite
Alexis
Feb 20, 2009 Alexis rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2009
This was mentioned on a list of recommended banned books for teens. The main character is 13 and she's curious about sex and love and wants to be a little bit outrageous. It was funny and charming and a quick read.
Celine Parker
Jun 13, 2009 Celine Parker rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Here is another Alice book that deals with pressure to grow up. Alice wants to reinvent herself, and I've had the same feeling myself many times. And just like Alice, looking back on the times when I've tried to grow up end up being embarassing and, well, juvenile.
Apeyl
Feb 15, 2008 Apeyl rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
loved it... just like all the other alice books!
Kricket
Mar 24, 2008 Kricket rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: middle-grade, 2010
book 9. in which alice decides she is boring and livens things up by temporarily dying her hair green. she is also a bridesmaid in crystal's wedding.
Kathryn
Sep 16, 2009 Kathryn rated it liked it
Shelves: middle-grade
March 2012 re-read.

Long live Alice!
Paige
i thought the book was ok but it was a bit to short for what the length of pages I like to read. The story of the book is sort of interesting about how things are happening in her life.
Ratri Anugrah
Alice sedang mencari jati diri
Kendall
Another Alice book... As Alice grows up, more and more of the books turn to conversations and thoughts about boys, marriage, and having babies.
Ashley
Nov 15, 2010 Ashley rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
hihijh
Aly
Mar 17, 2009 Aly rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
this series is cool!!!!!
  • The New You (Girl Talk, #3)
  • Summer Rider (Saddle Club, #68)
  • Battlecry Forever! (Thoroughbred: Ashleigh's Collection)
  • Can True Love Survive High School? (Dating Game, #3)
  • Third Wheel (Sweet Valley Jr. High, #12)
  • Mallory's Christmas Wish (The Baby-Sitters Club, #92)
  • Family Secrets
  • She Died Too Young (One Last Wish, #9)
  • Spying on Miss Muller
  • Hold on Tight (Hannah Montana, #5)
Phyllis Reynolds Naylor was born in Anderson, Indiana, US on January 4, 1933.

Her family were strongly religious with conservative, midwestern values and most of her childhood was spent moving a lot due to her father's occupation as a salesman.

Though she grew up during the Depression and her family did not have a lot of money, Naylor stated that she never felt poor because her family owned good boo
More about Phyllis Reynolds Naylor...

Alice (1 - 10 of 25 books)
  • The Agony of Alice (Alice, #1)
  • Alice in Rapture, Sort of (Alice, #2)
  • Reluctantly Alice (Alice, #3)
  • All But Alice (Alice, #4)
  • Alice in April (Alice, #5)
  • Alice In-Between (Alice, #6)
  • Alice the Brave (Alice, #7)
  • Alice in Lace (Alice, #8)
  • Achingly Alice (Alice, #10)
  • Alice on the Outside  (Alice, #11)