Start by marking “Home with God: In a Life That Never Ends” as Want to Read:
Home with God: In a Life That Never Ends

Home with God: In a Life That Never Ends

4.42  ·  Rating details ·  771 Ratings  ·  67 Reviews
An uplifting masterwork of comfort and compassion exploring

the ultimate questions of existence and transcendence.

Nothing has riveted humanity's interest more, nor has anything been more frightening or awe-inspiring, than the finality of death. In Home with God, the last installment of his bestselling Conversations with God series, Neale Donald Walsch asks the questions tha

Published March 6th 2007 by Atria Books (first published March 21st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Home with God, please sign up.
Nathan God is the All That Is. You are the All That Is convoluted upon itself with the intention of experiencing Yourself. God is God only when there is…moreGod is the All That Is. You are the All That Is convoluted upon itself with the intention of experiencing Yourself. God is God only when there is another there to perceive and acknowledge that. Otherwise all you have is Nothing. You came from Nothing, Became Something and Perceive yourself in comparison to that which you are not. You are you and you are not that which is not you. You are here and nowhere. You are Life, Consciousness...a fragment of the whole perceiving "reality". And you perceive this from whatever angle you do....and also from all angles at once on the level of the higher self or God. So God is experiencing itself through you.

Hope that makes sense. And helps you on your spiritual path to better understand however you already perceive as what God is.(less)

Rhea Mimi
Mar 03, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This has been the most profound experience of my LIFE. It is deep. I would suggest to start with "Conversations with God" . Starting with this book my be confusing for some. I have to stop after each chapter and absorb the information before I continue. This author is amazing.
Jana
Michael Newton wrote Journey of Souls, and I started reading that book 3/4 years ago because three people recommended it to me, which was a definite sign. But the concepts of that book were too much for me to cope with and my resistance was enormous. So I dived into lighter topics which were connected with spirituality and physics, psychology and anthropology. Gary Zukav’s The Seat of the Soul, is a book which I adore, and he mentioned a lot of things which Newton did as well but Zukav did it ge ...more
Selma Sljuka
Sep 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Apsolutno fantasticna! Vjerujem da svak ko procita knige iz ove edicije ce uspjeti promijeniti zivot. Al nije ih dovoljno jednom procitati. Uvjek im se vracam. Mnoge stvari cu tek uspjeti da razumijem, i mnoga svoja zivotna iskustva sad malo bolje shvatam. Usitinu, ova knjiga na poseban nacin dotakla mi je i dusu i zivot!
Diana D
Jun 12, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 звездички

Реших да направя един завой на 180 градуса, ей така за контраст измежду книгите, които съм си набелязала и чета. И да си припомня това, което вече знам :)
Книгата е написана на разбираем език за масовата аудитория. Това, което смятам, че беше излишно, е повтарянето на някои конкретни неща като акцент през определен материал, може би с цел затвърждаване на казаното и с идеята читателя да осъзнава поетапно информацията. За някой, постигнал това познание, е просто разтоварващо четиво,
John Everard Griffith
Sep 14, 2017 rated it it was ok
I read this book as a fantasy. Fantasy is a genre that takes our reality (truth(s)) and expands on them using your imagination. This is a possible present and future world. And as Neale says, you get what you believe. After reading this convoluted essay I can see many of my beliefs here in the foundation of his thinking; but I take it in a different direction. I felt no certainty here, and no real answers to the questions he put forth (or objections that he raised with God).

I finally got into i
Cathryn Malinowski
Mar 09, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. I am not afraid of death but this book just confirms what I already knew my spirit lives forever!
Robin
Jun 22, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorite
I have read the first 3 CWG books, and really enjoyed them. However, I think I may like this one best of all. I was introduced to some new ideas that made me rethink some of my former beliefs. Doesn't matter if I agree or adopt all the subject matter, I like contemplating new concepts and trying them on for size.
I particulary liked thinking about his belief that none of us die until we are ready to... that dying is voluntary. To our waking mind we think that that just can't be so. Especially if
John
Oct 23, 2010 added it
pg 132
"Mystics are people who see things that you do not see. They are not looking away from the place where the magic is being performed, but rather, right at it. There is nothing mysterious about the universe once you look right at it, once you see it multidimensionally."
Melissa
Mar 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Das schönste Buch, dass ich je gelesen habe!!❤ ...more
Kamal
May 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing
My first 5 star rating ever.
Rosanne Pallini-Verlezza
Mar 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Wow! Some ideas a bit hard to digest...will change your views on life & death!
Tina
Dec 23, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I LOVE LOVE LOVE this book!
Sonia Caine
Aug 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Pomogla mi je kada je otisao kuci.
Michele Harvey
Dec 09, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Profoundly encouraging.
Mary Bauer
Aug 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
As a former interior designer and now CHTP I’ve had the privilege of working in many client homes. I’ve acted as a sounding board for just about every conversation imaginable including many people’s profound fear of death. How I wish they’d read this book.

Through a question and answer method, the author explores the reasons for our lives and our deaths, what happens to us when we die, and why we would choose to experience life again, and again, and again. The book asserts there are no victims wh
Kari Lessír
Das Buch hat mich gepackt und nicht mehr losgelassen. Dabei sind sowohl das Thema als auch die Sprache nicht ganz einfach. Ich meine, wer beschäftigt sich schon gerne (und freiwillig) mit der Frage, was nach dem Tod kommt? Tja, ich beschäftige mich gerade sehr intensiv damit, weil in meinen Augen der Tod schlicht und einfach zum Leben dazu gehört.
Im klassischen Stil der "Gespräche mit Gott" schreibt Walsch auch in diesem Band über das Leben nach dem Tod. Teilweise waren die Antworten sehr komple
Callie
Sep 20, 2017 rated it it was ok
I'm skeptical about these kinds of books, especially when the dude is making lots of money off them.

There were things that resonated, but also things that made me uncomfortable and other things I didn't understand at all and that seemed like pure drivel.

I'm always conflicted about this kind of stuff because part of me thinks there's some truth to it, but then another part of me just can't fully buy into it.

I guess I just like to explore the mysteries
Nathan
Feb 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Before reading the book, I was full of stress and fear concerning death...every time I thought about the idea of dying, I would always ponder on what I can do to prevent it. I'd fear dying, what it would mean to those left behind, what I would experience after. All the arguments I'd hypothetically make in a debate to validate why I have every reason to be afraid was gracefully acknowledged and answered with love. I no longer have any fear concerning the idea of death, whether it has to do with m ...more
Karin
This is an interesting read for those who are exploring what the after-life (if there is one) may be. Some of these 'new' ideas, like hell being only a state of mind and each soul can leave their hell whenever they want to, i'd already read about in Peck's novel 'In Heaven as it is On Earth'. Other thoughts are new and slightly jarring (ie. heaven is not an eternal rest from the strife and struggles of the one earthly experience.) Walsch, however, says that we continuously move from the realm of ...more
Charmin
Jan 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: spiritual
Highlights:
1. Be aware of what you have chosen to be UN-aware of.
2. It is impossible to be a victim of circumstances you created.
3. Think only what you choose to experience, say only what you choose to make real, and use your mind to consciously instruct your body to do only what you choose to demonstrated as your highest reality. This is how you create at the conscious level.
4. Your future is produced in tiny increments
5. Your loved ones are always around you. They hover around you now, some
Reja Janaki Joy Green
Mar 02, 2011 rated it it was amazing
AMAZON REVIEW

This book, "Home with God" by Neale Donald Walsch, is truly a Gift from yourSELF to yourself; a remarkable journey to the Moment of `Only NOW' that holds ALL There IS. It's a beautifully orchestrated tool of remembrance [as Neale writes] and not really a teaching at all. Your Soul will remember and resonate with its eternal Truths as it opens to them, like a thousand pedaled lotus opening to the Core of ITS BEING, Our BEING. My husband and I believe that there is Ultimate Reality, b
carpe librorum :)
Na sequência da trilogia Conversas Com Deus - Livro 1, e também de Amizade Com Deus e Comunhão com Deus, encontrei este livro na biblioteca como sendo a "última conversa com Deus". É um livro sobre a morte, com uma perspetiva muito feliz. Estes livros falam sobre espiritualidade de um modo que faz todo o sentido para mim, até agora foi o que mais se aproximou da minha visão sobre o assunto, e consegue ir mais além. Utilizando o diálogo para construir uma narrativa simples e fluída, com ideias qu ...more
Lynn
Sep 12, 2009 rated it did not like it
If you want to read about speculations of an afterlife, read Sum, not this. Sum is fiction; Home with God is too, but Walsch is a swindler.

I try to read books with a different point of view from my own as much as possible, but I'm beginning to think I'm wasting my time. Walsch is to religion as Krugman is to political economics. There is nothing of substance in either's best selling books, and yet these are the people most cited as the experts in their respective fields, religion and political e
J. Ewbank
Oct 05, 2010 rated it it was ok
Shelves: religion, theology
Bombed out on this book. Have tried reading it and read parts of it at a time but not worth the effort for me. This book involves reincarnation (being born more than once and living life) and as a Christian this is not acceptable for me.

The book itself is written as in a conversation with God which is well done and I suppose those who are of the faiths that believe in reincarnation etc. it is a good read.

J. Robert Ewbank author "John Wesley, Natural Man, and the 'Isms'"
Donna
Mar 06, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I have loved all of the Conversations with God books. The idea of a guy, a regular guy, saying to whoever or whatever force that may or may not be out there "Hey, I am fed up with this crap. If you are there then why is all of this happening??????" And to have a "force" answer and, I might add, answer very well. This one does not dissappoint. It centers around questions about death and dying and the existence of an afterlife. So far 5 stars, just as I expected.
Nancy Baack
Sep 21, 2007 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Incredible book about this life and the afterlife. Actually not rateable. Too interesting, amazing and sometimes out there.
Inspiring! More understandable if you've read at least one of the Conversations with God books by the same author.
Rik Schnabel
May 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
As usual Neale Donald Walsch - and God delivers a great raft of insights.

I always believed that death was illusion - and now I totally know. There were so many gems in this book that I almost turned the whole book green with my highlighter.

I highly recommend this book for anyone who has lost a loved one or fears death.
Ella Roberts
I read this book years before I actually experienced a defining death of a loved one, and when I finally did I really have to say that going back to what I had read in this book, at time really helped me to cope.
Tina Rieman
Jan 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I really resonate with the whole "Conversations With God" series. It just makes sense to me. This book in particular had some pretty "out there" ideas, but they still (mostly) make sense to me. It was very thought-provoking and fascinating. I am sad to see this series end.
Amber
Oct 23, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Best book in the entire series... reading this book will change the way you look at death forever and will change the way you live your life because it will erase any fears you have. Very powerful book.
  • Heaven and Earth: Making the Psychic Connection
  • Power of the Soul: Inside Wisdom for an Outside World
  • The Mystic Heart: Discovering a Universal Spirituality in the World's Religions
  • In Tune with the Infinite
  • Oneness
  • The Hidden Words
  • Listen to Your Body: Your Best Friend on Earth
  • Getting in the Gap
Neale Donald Walsch is a modern day spiritual messenger whose words continue to touch the world in profound ways. With an early interest in religion and a deeply felt connection to spirituality, Neale spent the majority of his life thriving professionally, yet searching for spiritual meaning before beginning his now famous conversation with God. His With God series of books has been translated int ...more
More about Neale Donald Walsch

$2.99 $1.49
  • Here Is Where: Discovering America's Great Forgotten History
    $10.99 $1.99
    $13.99 $1.99
  • The Rational Optimist (P.S.)
    $14.49 $2.99
    $13.99 $2.99
  • Of Wolves and Men (Scribner Classics)
    $9.99 $1.99
    $8.49 $2.99
  • Dharma Punx: A Memoir
    $11.49 $1.99
    $10.99 $1.99
“You are afraid to die, and you’re afraid to live. What a way to exist.” 210 likes
“There is no truth except the truth that exists within you. Everything else is what someone is telling you.” 126 likes