Start by marking “What the Bible Says about Love Marriage & Sex: The Song of Solomon” as Want to Read:
What the Bible Says about Love Marriage & Sex: The Song of Solomon

What the Bible Says about Love Marriage & Sex: The Song of Solomon

4.35  ·  Rating details ·  62 Ratings  ·  15 Reviews
With roughly a third of all marriages ending in divorce, there's never been a better time for this refresher course in the true meaning of a successful union.

As New York Times bestselling author Dr. David Jeremiah reminds us, it's a biblical truth: Sex and passionate, romantic love are God's ideas!

Nothing rivals the beauty of the writing in the Song of Solomon-- and noth
Published April 10th 2012 by FaithWords (first published 2010)

Paul Gunderson
Apr 05, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
what an awesome book. this is one I'll be buying and passing out to friends who are married and friends who are yet to be married. Now I want to read the "Message" version of Song of Solomon. I wish I knew and could read it in the original hebrew. David Jeremiah does a great job of explaining what different phrases meant in those days and how we can apply the concepts in our day. We need more people like David Jeremiah who are willing to talk freely about the true meanig of Love, Marriage and Se ...more
Stacy Williams
Apr 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
My wife and I read through this book together. It's was very good. There were places that we thought drug a bit, but overall it was wonderful. I highly recommend the book, with the suggestion that couples read it together!
Brit Blankenship
May 22, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: jesus
Wes's Mammo & Papa gave us this book for a wedding gift, so we wanted to honor them and read it. It was very cheesy, with a lot of rambling, but there were some good small nuggets to pull out of the study on Song of Solomon.
Gregory Byerline
Jan 29, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: estories
Thorough dive into the wisdom, history, and social context of the Song of Solomon and how it applies today.
Edward Ortiz
Aug 28, 2012 rated it it was ok
My rule about books is that if I don't get interested within the first 50 pages then I stop reading it. Since I received the book as a gift I decided to read through it anyways. The book is one of those that stretches the topic of sex, from a Christian point of view, even though you can pretty much cover the topic in less that 100 pages, similar to Sacred Sex: A Spiritual Celebration of Oneness in Marriage by Tim Alan Gardner. My bible covers the Song of Solomon in about 8 pages so I do not unde ...more
Lucy Delaney
May 08, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: nonfiction
While I appreciate the intentions of the book, and many of the anecdotal stories provided in it (especially the one of the man who paid and exorbitant dowry for his wife because he always wanted her to know her amazing worth in his eyes), it was long winded and I had a hard time getting through it. It honestly felt like there was a word quota that had to be reached and the extra words were filler just to get there not to emphasize the points.
I made it about half way before I called it. As a rom
Jan 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Not many Christians talk about sex, which is disheartening, because God created it. I don't understand how people in church expect others to live by God's standards when they make God's standards seem unattractive. Not David Jeremiah, though. He eloquently explores what God intended for love, marriage and sex, using the Song of Solomon (or Song of Songs) as the anchor. David Jeremiah is tasteful but spares no shortcuts with the sexually charged book of the bible, which is inspired by the Holy Sp ...more
Jul 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing
As I minister in the local jail a couple times a month, I like to reach them in what they are searching in the Bible during their own private time. Last time I was there one lady asked for info on a relationship of love they way God wants us to love our husbands, and that she's currently studying The Song of Songs and I have this book on my shelf. I'm so thankful so that now I have a solid resource to answer her questions.
Aug 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This book has a lot of wisdom for married couples young and old and for those yet-to-be married. A great read that's based on the wonderful book of the Song of Solomon. It gives a wonderful break down that any person can understand of the meaning behind the verses and the courtship and marriage of Solomon and his bride (as well as the ups and downs of their relationship).

Dec 08, 2015 rated it liked it
The ideas presented in this book aren't groundbreaking, but it's good to have a reminder of their importance. What's unique about this book is that it presents these ideas by walking the reader through the biblical book of Song of Songs, and that makes it a fun read.
Mar 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Best book I've All material based on the Word of God and not man.
Mike James
Nov 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Nov 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
"As Socrates once said, men who find good wives will be happy; men who find bad ones will become philosophers."
Sep 11, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2013, 2-stars
the message of the book is good, buy it is so long winded. I found myself reading as fast as I could to finish it.
May 22, 2012
  • Holding Hands, Holding Hearts: Recovering a Biblical View of Christian Dating
  • Veneer: Living Deeply in a Surface Society
  • Marriable: Taking the Desperate Out of Dating
  • Have a New Husband by Friday
  • Do Yourself a Favor...Forgive: Learn How to Take Control of Your Life Through Forgiveness
  • Passing It On: Growing Your Future Leaders
  • Indivisible: Restoring Faith, Family, and Freedom Before It's Too Late
  • A Faith of Our Own: Following Jesus Beyond the Culture Wars
  • Motherhood Matters: Joyful Reminders of the Divinity, Reality, and Rewards of Motherhood
  • Mary's Blessing (McKenna's Daughters, #2)
  • Get Married: What Women Can Do to Help it Happen
  • Christ's Gifts to Women
  • Raider's Heart (Backwoods Brides #1)
  • Your Words Hold a Miracle: The Power of Speaking God's Word
  • Saying It Well: Touching Others with Your Words
  • Born Believers: The Science of Children's Religious Belief
  • The Other Side of Suffering: The Father of JonBenet Ramsey Tells the Story of His Journey from Grief to Grace
Dr. David Jeremiah, founder of Turning Point Radio and Television Ministries and senior pastor of Shadow Mountain Community Church, felt God’s calling on his life at a very early age. Born February 13, 1941 in Toledo, Ohio, Dr. Jeremiah was raised in a family deeply committed to ministry. At the age of eleven, Dr. Jeremiah and his family moved to Dayton, Ohio where his father, Dr. James T. Jeremia ...more
More about David Jeremiah...

Nonfiction Deals