Start by marking “Body by God: The Owner's Manual for Maximized Living” as Want to Read:
Body by God: The Owner's Manual for Maximized Living

Body by God: The Owner's Manual for Maximized Living

3.86  ·  Rating details ·  122 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
In the human body, God created a perfect design, equipped with all the organs, tissues, and cells necessary for health, production, and reproduction. The problem, asserts Dr. Ben Lerner, is when we as humans interfere with God's design for our bodies. Junk food, high-stress living, and neglecting exercise are just a few of the things we do to hinder our bodies' performance ...more
Published November 6th 2003 by Thomas Nelson (first published February 29th 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Body by God, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Body by God

Caleb Lang
Jan 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Body by God is a great resource and guide for your life. Whether you are wanting to increase your productivity, eat healthier, exercise more, or decrease stress; Body by God is a wealth of insight for how to accomplish your goals without getting burned out, or giving up.

I found that it inspired me to do better and to make changes in each of the four main areas that I plan to implement now that I've finished the book. Also I learned a lot from this book, how eating foods at different times of th
Doris
Nov 03, 2007 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: health-read
I really liked the simple approach with which Dr. Lerner, who is a chiropractor, wrote this book. It is filled with lots of "DOs" rather than "DON'Ts". Loved that.

I like simple lists.

This is where I learned about eating more of my carbs earlier in the day as I expend energy throughout. Then, in the evenings, have more protein & fats, as that's the body's repair and rebuilding time.

Probably the people before him whom I read helped gear me to be more receptive of the information I learned from
Megan Salyer
Jun 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is the best health book I've read in a while & I love how it brings everything back to scripture. There's even suggestions for kids and descriptions of why you should pair some foods and not others.. Why you should eat some foods and not others... Fantastic book I'd you want to learn how to gain or lose weight or simply learn how to better power your sport of the day! Loved it!!!
Village Green
Jun 20, 2008 rated it really liked it
I was reluctant on reading this book. I did and was quite impressed. It not only approached your health with exercise and diet. It also discusses mental and spiritual to make the body well as a whole. A very good read.
Justine
Apr 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
i love this book. beyond fitness, dr. Ben teaches us how to live an overall healthy and well lifestyle. everything is positive, encouraging and practical- not to mention biblical! others have noticed my progress and asked me my secret :)
Heather
Jun 18, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Got this book at the library and like it so much I ordered it from Amazon. Just the info I needed to tip the scales :)
Lisa
Apr 22, 2008 is currently reading it
Recommends it for: All my friends
How to eat healthy
Amy Edwards
Sep 07, 2008 rated it really liked it
Shelves: health
So much better than The Maker's Diet...easier to understand and more interesting to read.
Erik Zimmer
Great reading. Take a look if you want to relate some scripture to healthier eating styles.
Kris Kimball
Carrie
Oct 18, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • The Eden Diet
  • Spiritual Secrets To Weight Loss: A 50 Day Renewal of the Mind, Body, and Spirit
  • Upgraded Chef: 12 Core Recipes to Supercharge Your Body & Brain
  • 21 Days to Change Your Body
  • The Gratitude Journal: A 21 Day Challenge to More Gratitude, Deeper Relationships, and Greater Joy
  • Live Like You Mean It: The 10 Crucial Questions That Will Help You Clarify Your Purpose / Live Intentionally / Make the Most of the Rest of Your Life
  • Be Equipped  (The BE Series Commentary)
  • Becoming Fearless: My Ongoing Journey of Learning to Trust God
  • 40 Days without Food: Divine Goodness to a Starving Soul
  • RX from the Garden: 101 Food Cures You Can Easily Grow
  • Primal Blueprint Quick and Easy Meals: Delicious, Primal-Approved Meals You Can Make in Under 30 Minutes
  • The Life Ready Woman: Thriving in a Do-It-All World
  • Zealous Love: A Practical Guide to Social Justice
  • The Power of Rest: Why Sleep Alone Is Not Enough. A 30-Day Plan to Reset Your Body
  • Juiceman's Power of Juicing
  • Karla Faye Tucker Set Free: Life and Faith on Death Row
  • It's a Happy Life: Keys to Successful Enjoyable Living
  • Live Organic: 52 Brilliant Ideas for an Altogether Natural Lifestyle
Maximized Living Co-Founder & NY Times Best Selling Author

Dr. Ben Lerner owned and operated 5 clinics in Central Florida seeing 12,000 patient visits each month. He is now the co-founder of Maximized Living Inc. and Maximized Living Health Centers which has opened more than 80 franchised clinics.

Dr. Ben is the author of two New York Times best sellers, doctor for two U.S. wrestling teams at th
More about Ben Lerner...