Start by marking “Bloodstone (A Stacy Justice Mystery, #2)” as Want to Read:
Bloodstone (A Stacy Justice Mystery, #2)

Bloodstone

(A Stacy Justice Mystery #2)

Book Two of the Stacy Justice Series has more magic, more mystery and more twists and turns than your average amusement park.

A long-lost sister.
A missing mother.
And murder.

Stacy Justice finds herself caught in a web of deceit, betrayal and family secrets that run deeper than the Mississippi in this follow up to Annino's debut novel, OPAL FIRE.

Not only must the reluctant
Published October 7th 2011 (first published October 5th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Bloodstone, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bloodstone

Start your review of Bloodstone (A Stacy Justice Mystery, #2)
Brenda
Jul 05, 2012 rated it really liked it
With the astounding news that the young fourteen year old girl standing in front of her may be her sister, Stacy Justice tried to see a family resemblance in Ivy. Stacy knew of her family’s witch tendencies – in fact her grandmother, Birdie was one of the best. But Stacy was reluctant to accept that she also had magic at her fingertips. And now with another family member (not confirmed) also showing signs of the magical talent, Stacy didn’t know which way to turn.

When her arrival at Birdie’s
Theresa
4.5 Stars... I had so much fun with this read; Stacy Justice is pulled deeper into her family’s well of secrets directing her on an ancient quest to protect a sacred treasure and placing her in the path of a deadly adversary... With her crazy gang of misfits and an added eager warrior in training, Stacy stumbles through another hilarious rip roaring adventure attempting to find hidden answers to the past that may lead to more mysteries in her future... Another great read in this bewitching ...more
Donna
Lacey
Star rating: 3 stars

This novel was a jumbled mess. What started off as a decent plot line, quickly unraveled at eighty percent of the way through. The author seemed to decide everything she had written was now going to be completely backwards, so she pulled a 180 degree turn when the book was almost finished. Uuuhhhhhh... Whaaat? Lets just leave my readers in the dust, scratching their heads like idiots shall we? Part of me doesn't want to give this novel 3 stars, but in the end that first 75%
Alice Bye
Apr 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The only thing that annoyed me was Ivy.
Marianne K. Benvenuti
Sassy Stacy does it again.

I love reading good books about magic. Add a heroine with moxie and a sassy attitude and you have a book worth reading. I must admit that I liked the first book a little better, but this was still very good. I've already ordered the next one.
Rebecca
Dec 08, 2011 rated it really liked it
The Stacy Justice series is spellbinding fun! Bloodstone bewitched me from the beginning and I did not want to put it down.

Bloodstone takes place not long after Opal Fire. Ivy, (The maybe sister of Stacy) has convinced Stacey that her grandma Birdie can not know about her yet. So the lot of them go and stay with Chance, Stacy’s high school sweet heart. I was all about this move! I loved Chance from book one, he is a great friend to Stacy and supports her in all her witchy ways.

Stacy does her
Angela Holtz
Feb 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing
From Lilac Wolf and Stuff

You all know I love these covers. I wonder if the authors are creating them or paying for a service. Well either way it's eye catching and you can recognize Stacy Justice from the Opal Fire. And yes, please read Opal Fire first, this is the 2nd book in the series.

The story is so fast paced that you barely catch your breath before the next thing happens. But it's not a very long book, so it works for a fast read. Just a couple minor errors, so it's well edited.

What I
Nancy Steinle gummel
Anastasia (Stacy) Justice is a witch. Ivy approaches Stacy telling her she's her sister, the warrior. Ivy has red hair and green eyes like Stacy. Stacy's grandmother, Bridie, hides the book and all Stacy's things because she rented out the cottage for the murder mystery involving several of the motels and bed and breakfasts. They find a body of a man stabbed in the back hunkered over the kitchen table. Stacy's friend Leo is a cop. Leo call the medical examiner. The body is on the gurney when ...more
Kristin
Dec 06, 2011 rated it really liked it
Ok, I love this series. It's got some great characters. It was funny, had a good mystery, and two hot love interests. I really wish I didn't keep discovering new authors and having to wait for the next book in the series though. Like Veruka (sp?) Salt, I WANT IT NOW!
☀Rachael☀
Apr 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
I really like Stacey and her ever growing crazy family!
Jen
Feb 08, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I ran in to the first Stacy Justice Mystery as a freebie for Kindle. I enjoyed the cozy mystery of it so much that I hit up PaperbackSwap to get the second book in the series via dead tree book because that's just the most convenient copy I could come across. And then I left it in my car. A lot. For a long time. And it got quite damaged. But finally, I brought it with me camping to the beach and dropped it off in a Little Free Library on the home from Cape Point Campground on Hatteras (there is ...more
Stacy Sabala
Jun 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, suspense
Book Review- Bloodstone by Barbara Annino

This story occurs where the first left off. Stacy is still getting over her injuries and off work. The author introduces this mysterious teenage girl. She shows up saying she is Stacy’s sister and their mom has been kidnapped. Stacy has no idea if this is real or not. The author has her going back and forth with suspicions. The teenager adds some comical situations in Stacy’s life along with some surprising problems.
The mystery that occurs ends up not
JoLene
Stacy Justice is a reporter with a very kooky family. In this second book of the series, a young girl named Ivy shows up at her door claiming to be her long lost sister. Stacy is very skeptical and then when one of the guests at her aunts B&B shows up dead, Stacy is distracted with trying to find out what is going on with the murder mystery weekend that goes awry.

This was a quick listen and enjoyable enough. I think that the writing has improved slightly from the first book in terms of not
Julie Smith
Better than its predecessor

So there were still some points of annoyance and distraction by said annoyances like badly placed sentences/confusing sentence structure but all in all, this story definitely moved a good bit more smoothly than The Black Pearl. I'd say it clipped along fairly well but again, I did also note that occasionally it felt like certain areas of the story were being glossed over out of maybe laziness, lack of creativity depth or maybe even simply an attempt to control word
Ebeth
Mar 07, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I don't know if I can really say that I enjoyed this book. I thought I was getting a fun, quirky, little paranormal mystery... and it is, *but* geez-o-pete, was it a frustrating read. I liked most of the characters and the overall premise AND it did a great job of holding my interest... but it is for exactly that reason that I found it annoying. There were so many left turns and zigzags in the storytelling that didn't seem to further the plot enough to make the trip worth it. I just wanted to ...more
Laura Henson
May 04, 2017 rated it liked it
"It is highly recommended that this series is read in order." I concur, in the hope that some of the lacks in this volume are remedied in the rest of the series. The story moved forward at an unrelenting pace, but the character work was thin. The author built the mystery on a solid framework, however, in some places the reveal was more like a bolt from the blue. Kudos to the author for research on the historical aspects, and I would love to see Ivy with her own series based on her exuberant ...more
Nick
Aug 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cannot get enough!

I am already determined to own hard copies of this series. Between the witty banter, the fast pace of the writing, and the bright vibrant characters, I cannot get enough of this series.

Barbra Annino, if thou art reading this, give me the forwarding address to your muse because I want to meet her.

A fun light romp, with magic, mayhem, mystery, this book is just another in a long line of fantastically written and artfully crafted works. Eat your heart out, other mystery authors,
Jim
Dec 02, 2018 rated it liked it
The author has a habit of ending a chapter with a sentence that hints of dire happenings to come. She didn't do it all the time, just enough to be annoying.

This story seemed to lack focus. Maybe it was just because the primary character had no idea what was going on and the story is written in first-person singular. Not sure, but I do know it took me a while to get into it. On the positive side there were a couple of new characters that I liked as well as hints of interesting future stories.
Cathy G
May 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: finished
I love this series, Stacy, Birdie, Lolly, Fiona all witches in Amythest a small town that loves halloween and Pagan holidays, (well some townsfolk do). Stacy is coming to terms with being the Seeker of Justice. Birdie , her grandmother thinks it is about time. Stacy is learning new skills, in the ways of witches, and the ways of trust and love... Two men in her life, Chance her best friend from forever, and 1st boyfriend, in comes Leo, the new Police Chief... let the fun begin.
Cassandra Myer
This is #2 of a series. Read the first one which I thought was fun and a bit charming. All the charm was gone by end of this book, which is the second in the series. I developed a dislike for the heroine, and a strong dislike for the lazy author. Plot are super-stupid; lots of people get killed or injured in a very casual way; heroine is selfish and so much happens that is just written off as magical without any structure or meaning to the magical world. Wink-wink--I'm a super important witch so ...more
Cheryl
May 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Birth Marks

Awesome story! Stacy is busy again with a new mystery related to her being Justice and needing the the Warrior and Guardian. Thor is awesome and Midnight has a part but they make the story interesting. Ivy and John are important characters and their marks are interesting. Try not to laugh too much because Ivy is a teenager who has interesting habits and has fun. In the romance triangle I am rooting for Leo but Chance is different. Enjoy!
Donna Snyder
This one wasn’t as good as the first book. The introduction of the character, Ivy, was fine as first, but was mostly an irritation that by the end I wonder what the purpose was beside being a filler. It story became disjointed after 60%. A few family answers were reveled, BUT a map (although, a fake) to the location of the Ark is thrown into the story. WHAT!?? I’m still shaking my head. Good grief, Charlie Brown.
Di
This installment was pretty enjoyable until the last 20% or so. I kind of feel like the big reveal was very confusing and I'm not sure where the story will go from this point. For now, I am still interested to find out.

I listened to a majority of this installment on audio and thought that the narration was definitely improved from the first installment. I will be continuing on to the next one after a short break.
Gail M. Ferguson
Blackstone (A Stacy Justice Mystery Book 2)

Another one hit out of the ballpark! This is the second book I've read from this author and it won't be the last. The story is full of action, thrills and a whole lot of mystery and intrigue. I had a hard time putting it down and wasn't sure who was the bad guy or who was the good guy until the last few pages. The author has a knack of keeping the story both interesting and exciting. Time well spent reading this.
Shalonda
Jun 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OMG! Stacy is just too much. Stacy gets a visitor. A 14 year old girl named Ivy, who claims to be her sister. Has a message from their mother, that danger is coming. Ivy is kidnapped, Stacy has been shot at, murder has been committed and it's all surrounding the mystery of the infamous book of Ballymote. The book in which contains the location of Noah's Ark.
Pam
from Amazon: "Picking up where Opal Fire left off, the second book in the spellbinding Stacy Justice series dazzles with even more magic, mystery, and mayhem--revealing the dark secrets of the Geraghty clan." And is this new person Stacey's sister?

This was a very good read with many plot twists and great characters. Will continue to read this series!
Alicia Chestnut
Oct 27, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great read

Once again Stacey justice was all over the place. This time I got a little lost before the scene of her and Deirdre’s car accident and had to go back and read the chapters before again. But it was a great book and it kept me reading it. Looking forward to the next book.
L.A.L.
Dec 31, 2019 rated it liked it
2.5 rounded up to 3. Not nearly as cute as the first one. I liked that this story focused more on Stacy embracing and even accepting her heritage. But the “chapters” that were Ivy’s diary entries got annoying and really felt like page filler rather than adding to the story. I’ll read the next one, mainly because this one ended on a cliff hanger and I want to see what happens.
Theresa Kelso
May 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great mystery!

Stacy’s story gets deeper. Her humor gets a workout. Fee family gets bigger and her familiars fewer. I have to read the next in the series because of the grabbing cliffhanger at the end!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Play Book Tag: Bloodstone/ Barbra Annino - 3 stars 2 13 May 21, 2018 01:13PM

• Relatively Familiar (Accidental Familiar, #2)
  • Cold as a Witch's Toffee (Allegra Darling Cozy Mystery Book 1)
  • Witchy Orders (Witches of Shadow Lane #2)
  • All Too Familiar (Accidental Familiar, #1)
  • Un-Familiar Magic (Accidental Familiar, #3)
  • Secrets, Spells & Murder (Little Shop of Spells, #1)
  • Bargain Haunter (Haunted Everly After #2)
  • Ghost Mortem (Haunted Everly After #1)
  • The Ghost of Christmas Past (Southern Ghost Hunter)
  • If the Broom Fits (Wicked Witches of Coventry, #1)
  • A Very Merry Witchmas (Main Street Witches, #4)
  • Witchin' Impossible (Witchin' Impossible #1)
  • Witches & Words (Library Witch Mystery #4)
  • Doom and Broom (Wicked Witches of Coventry Book 2)
  • Witchy Business (Witches of Shadow Lane #1)
  • Broom with a View (Wicked Witches of Coventry Book 3)
  • A Clean Sweep (Wicked Witches of Coventry Book Book 4)
  • Selective Spells (Beezley and the Witch, #1)
Barbra Annino is the author of the Stacy Justice Reluctant Witch Mysteries, The Secret Goddess books, The Everafter trilogy, and other fantasy fiction. Sign up for freebies, exclusive content, release dates, and fun stuff at www.authorbarbraannino.com

A Stacy Justice Mystery (6 books)
  • Opal Fire (A Stacy Justice Mystery, #1)
  • Tiger's Eye (A Stacy Justice Mystery, #3)
  • Emerald Isle (A Stacy Justice Mystery, #4)
  • Obsidian Curse (A Stacy Justice Mystery, #5)
  • Phantom Quartz (A Stacy Justice Mystery, #6)
“My fault? How the hell is this"--I waved my arm across the table-- my fault?"

"You know we don't believe in hell, so stop using that word in our presence," Bridie said.

"Fine. How in fucked-up fairyland is this my fault?”
7 likes
“After I slid down the wall for the third time, breaking every single fingernail in the process, I finally figured out that Thor was hollering at me. I turned to see him standing in the bed of the truck. Which, of course, made much more sense, than pretending to be Spiderman.

It's a humbling moment when you realize your dog is smarter than you.”
6 likes