Start by marking “Here Comes the Flower Girl! (The Very Fairy Princess, #3)” as Want to Read:
Here Comes the Flower Girl! (The Very Fairy Princess, #3)

Here Comes the Flower Girl!

(The Very Fairy Princess)

3.7  ·  Rating details ·  199 Ratings  ·  34 Reviews
Gerry is asked to be the flower girl in Aunt Sue's wedding, and she couldn't be more excited. Her imagination runs wild with thoughts of extravagant decorations, a billowy white gown, and hundreds of guests. When she finds out the bride prefers a small celebration, Gerry can't help but be disappointed... but she soon realizes that having the wedding in her own backyard wil ...more
Published April 17th 2012 by Little, Brown Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about Here Comes the Flower Girl!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Here Comes the Flower Girl!

Brett Axel
May 30, 2012 rated it liked it
I really wanted to love a book by Mary Poppins! It wasn't bad, it did have a great page where the girl is told why we don't throw rice at weddings anymore and she says that exploding birds can ruin a wedding. too few children's books recognize children's ability to catch funny understatement. my little guy roared with laughter. Still, it wasn't a book I'd want to keep or go out of my way to read to another child.
Shannon
May 12, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2012
I hear that Julie Andrews' chapter book is really very good. This series is a terrible spawn rendered from the remnants of a crummy Pinkalicious book. Also, the main character shares the same mission statement of www.icanhascheezburger.com: "I try to make someone smile at least once a day." I'd take Ugliest Tattoos over this book every time. (ugliesttattoos.failblog.org)

An extra star for referencing birds exploding from eating rice.
Lindsey
Jan 03, 2018 rated it liked it
Geraldine is a fairy princess, complete with wings. She is asked to be the flower girl in the upcoming wedding and decides she knows just how to help make the wedding the most special of all. She practices a special petal toss, makes signs, and goes all out to make the backyard wedding all that it can be.
Ryan
Feb 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
A lovely story of a little princess who gets to the the flower girl at her aunt's wedding. She wants to make sure everything is fairied up right with just enough glitter, and multi flavored cake. Everything must be perfect. Plus she knows that “exploding birds can RUIN a wedding. A lovely book with lovely illustrations.
Aug 27, 2018 rated it really liked it

Another favorite for me!
Ruth
Jul 24, 2018 rated it it was ok
Very fairy princess learns to compromise.
Miss Sarah
Dec 22, 2017 rated it liked it
The Very Fairy Princesses Aunt is getting married and she is going to be the flower girl. Can she handle it? Preschool and up
Rosa Cline
Jul 05, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: kids
The little girl in this book believes she is a Princess; and with being a Princess she feels like it's her duty to spread happiness and cheer in everything she does. Having good manors and being nice is a must. (A very good lesson to teach children reading-listening to this book) She learns she will be a flower girl in her aunts wedding and looks forward to wearing layers and layers of ruffles and sparkles etc. but she ends up wearing just a plain eyelet dress BUT her aunt lets her wear her tiar ...more
Jessica Harrison
Sep 22, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed, picture
Full review at Cracking the Cover

Written by the mother-daughter team of Julie Andrews and Emma Walton Hamilton, this follow-up to “The Very Fairy Princess” and “The Very Fairy Princess Takes the Stage” is lots of fun. The idea of sharing a sparkle through actions instead of things is spot on for young readers.

Christine Davenier’s whimsical illustrations really bring the story to life — I love the energetic leaps and twirls depicted as Gerry practices “walking” down the aisle. And Gerry’s enthusi
Mundie Moms & Mundie Kids
My daughter loves The Fairy Princess books, and really enjoyed this, though not quite as much as the others. It's still a cute story, and one she likes having read to her. In this particular book Gerry wants to make everything perfect for her Aunt's wedding. What could be more exciting for a Princess than to help with a wedding that will be in her own backyard. Despite not everything going as planned, Gerry still brings a bit of sunshine to what could have turned out to be a dreary day. Cute sto ...more
Shelli
May 16, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
For some reason little girls envision grand huge weddings. (I was never one of those little girls.) The little girl in this story has to re-think what a wedding can be like when her aunt decides to have a very simple non-sparkly wedding in their back yard. I really liked the message this book had, it was more about the commitment to be with another person than to have all the frills.
Margaret Chind
We fell in love with the very fairy princess Gerry in the first book and are delighted to enjoy more time with her sparkily personality in this third book. Even if this is your first introduction to Gerry it is a great one. This is a great any time book. This would make a fabulous flower girl gift!

Thanks to LB Kids tor providing a copy tor review.
Mary
May 11, 2012 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of Pinkalicious and Fancy Nancy
I really enjoy these Very Fairy Princess books and this one did not disappoint. Of course, Julie Andrews is practically perfect in every way, so I'm not surprised. Gerry, the Very Fairy Princess, is more endearing than Fancy Nancy IMHO.
Cassandra
Jul 26, 2016 rated it liked it
My library labels this book as "sparkly" and I can definitely see why! The illustrations always make my inner girly-girl squeal. I do wish Gerry would grow up just a tad, though. She seems very self-centered.
Indira
May 31, 2012 rated it liked it
After all my mom went through at the LA County book fair, along with the tiaras she got with this book, I wanted to like it more. A bit disappointed by the story line - celebrating heteronormative convention and princess culture. Bleh!
Kay
Oct 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015
I chose this book just because of who the author was and was not disappointed. Wanted to see if it would be good for a six year old reader and it was. After I read it I gave it to her. She enjoyed the first one I gave to her so was glad I had picked this one up also. Will get more in the series.
Marya
Dec 02, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
No one wanted to read this book when it came in, and no one was very enthused with it. However, once I read it aloud, it turned out to be ok. This is the kind of book where the right reading voice makes or breaks it.
Dave
May 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing
A really cute story! Worth waiting in line to get Julie Andrews' signature on my copy.
John
Jan 10, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2012, princesses
My niece loves this series.
Stacy
Sep 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Such a cute book. Being a flower girl isn't exactly what Gerry thinks it will be, but she still lets her sparkle shine.
Marcie
Jun 29, 2012 rated it liked it
I actually like this one better than the first or second. Perhaps it is because the wedding is so NOT over the top and lovely.
Kelly
Jul 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: raml
Love the illustrations and the thicker textured pages. This series would be great for those looking for the next Pinkalicious or Fancy Nancy type of character.
Teri
Apr 27, 2012 rated it really liked it
Fun story about Geraldine, a sparkly little gal. It is Fancy-Nancy-Alice-the-Fairy-ish. Really like those books and feel the same about Geraldine. Love the humor in the story. Very cute!
Colby Sharp
Feb 27, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-book, breslin
I read this book to my son before I bed. I'm anticipating that I give the book another start after I read it to my daughter.
Maren Prestegaard
Nov 15, 2014 rated it liked it
As far as Fairy Princess books go, not bad.
Lisa
May 17, 2012 rated it really liked it
Very cute! Maybe not quite as good as "Takes the Stage" but I still liked it a lot.
Jennifer Rummel
Nov 21, 2011 rated it really liked it
A cute story about a little girl wanting to make people smile and add more sparkle to the world.
Kate
Sep 15, 2012 rated it really liked it
This is a cute continuation of Geraldine's story but I didn't enjoy it quite as much as the other two in the series.
Rachel
Apr 25, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: picture-books
This book is fine- cute and fun. The pink brigade will swoon. It probably deserves three stars, but it's so blatantly ridding on Fancy Nancy's coattails, that I'm irritated and gave it only two.
Crystal
May 13, 2012 rated it liked it
Favorite line: "Any fairy princess knows that exploding birds can ruin a wedding."
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • The King Of Little Things
  • The Very Smart Pea and the Princess-to-be
  • Mr. Putney's Quacking Dog
  • The Carpenter's Gift: A Christmas Tale about the Rockefeller Center Tree
  • Never Take a Shark to the Dentist (and Other Things Not to Do)
  • Fancy Nancy: Fanciest Doll in the Universe
Dame Julie Elizabeth Andrews Edwards, DBE is an award-winning English actress, singer, author and cultural icon. She is the recipient of Golden Globe, Emmy, Grammy, BAFTA, People's Choice Award, Theatre World Award, Screen Actors Guild and Academy Award honours. Andrews rose to prominence after starring in Broadway musicals such as My Fair Lady and Camelot, as well as musical films like Mary Poppi ...more

The Very Fairy Princess (10 books)
  • The Very Fairy Princess
  • The Very Fairy Princess Takes the Stage
  • The Very Fairy Princess Follows Her Heart
  • The Very Fairy Princess Sparkles in the Snow
  • The Very Fairy Princess: Graduation Girl!
  • The Very Fairy Princess: A Spooky, Sparkly Halloween