Start by marking “Fated (Soul Seekers, #1)” as Want to Read:
Fated (Soul Seekers, #1)

Fated

(The Soul Seekers #1)

3.68  ·  Rating details ·  16,046 ratings  ·  1,600 reviews
Until now, he's existed only in her dreams -
but fate is about to bring them together.

I shove through the crowd, knocking into girls and bouncing off boys, until one in particular catches me, steadies me.
I feel so secure, so at home in his arms.
I melt against his chest-lift my gaze to meet his. Gasping when I stare into a pair of icy blue eyes banded by brilliant flecks of
Published May 22nd 2012 by St. Martin's Griffin (first published 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Fated, please sign up.
Anastasia I think it's all about small little flings that don't mean anything. Stars tend to be snobby, and Daire knows from the start that none of the…moreI think it's all about small little flings that don't mean anything. Stars tend to be snobby, and Daire knows from the start that none of the relationships last after the movie shoots. She believes that she's just convenient so they choose her.(less)
Anastasia No, they're identical twin brothers who couldn't be more different from each other.
Can't Wait Books of 2012
2,527 books — 15,758 voters
YA Novels of 2012
1,322 books — 10,709 voters

More lists with this book...

Nic
Jul 31, 2010 marked it as to-read
Hmmm...I wonder if the main character in this series will be less annoying then Ever.
Diane ϟ [ Lestrange ]
hope the characters are nothing like in the immortals. especially "Ever".
Mari
May 21, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition

Meh.

I’ll follow up that very articulate statement with this: I did not like this book, but it isn’t bad enough to be marked as a one star. I save one stars for the very worst of evils, and this didn’t inspire that much dislike.

This book didn’t inspire much of anything, really.

I went into the book with no prejudices against Alyson Noel, as I’ve never read the Immortals series. To those of you who cringe at her name, though, I can say: LOL. I GET IT.

Because really, it came to a point where if
Sam
Read more of my reviews at Falling Books!

Fated is in many ways, similar to Alyson Noel's previous series, The Immortals. From looking at the cover and reading over the blurb, you would think that this is an amazing book, right? This book has a lot of potential but I didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I would. Fated lacked something I was hoping for: an interesting plot. It wasn't the most exciting.

Daire has been sent to live with her grandma in New Mexico because of her unstable mental health
shady boots | #WatchPOSE
This review also appears over at my blog.

____________________________

Actual rating is 3.5 stars.

Yeah, I know right? Me giving an Alyson Noel book 3.5 stars? What sorcery is this?

To start off, yes, I did have low expectations for this book. After the absolute disaster that was The Immortals series, I didn't think there was any hope for Alyson Noel in the paranormal YA world anymore. But this book actually surprised me, because it was a pretty big improvement.

So The Immortals was about two selfish
Mimi Valentine
Nov 26, 2011 rated it it was ok
This is probably one of the hardest reviews I've ever had to write! I tried to like Fated, I really tried to, but the writing was hard to get through, Daire was hard to like, and the story started so hard and slow that I had to re-start this a few times before I finished.

Daire was... difficult. As the daughter of a celebrity makeup artist, she was selfish, disrespectful, and your classic I'm-not-that-gorgeous-but-guys-love-me-anyways type of girl. I couldn't understand what she was doing most o
Rusty's Ghost Engine (also known as.......... Jinky Spring)
Review also here:

About halfway through I was like...

Uuuuuuurrrrrggggghhhhh! I really wanted to like this!
This was a different save the world adventure with lots of philosophy and magick. I must say this was very different from Alyson Noel's other series.

This book is about a girl (Daire Santos) who discovers through terrifying visions that she has a destiny as a Soul Seeker, someone who apparently has a huge role to play by saving the world. To do this sh
Carol [Goodreads Addict]
I have gotten accustomed to the first book of a series being the sort of "get to know the characters" book. The pace perhaps being a little bit slower. Not so at all in this book. I was grabbed right from the start and not let go until the final page.

This is my first book by Alyson Noel. Her style of writing is just so beautiful. Her descriptions paint the most beautiful images in my head.

Daire is a 16 year old girl, raised by a single Mom. Her Mother is a make up artist in Hollywood and Daire
Nikoleta
May 17, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
Στα συν του βιβλίου, είναι η μυθολογία των Ινδιάνων (να υποθέσω) που παίρνει και αναπτύσσει, επίσης μου άρεσε το στορυ όπως επίσης και ο χαρακτήρας της ηρωίδας. Στα μείον είναι η πλοκή που μου φάνηκε πρόχειρη και σύντομη, οι υπόλοιποι ήρωες που ήταν λίγο μονοδιάστατοι κ ως ένα σημείο βαρετοί και οι ατελείωτες συζητήσεις που έτρωγαν πολυυύ χρόνο στο βιβλίο με περιγραφές και αναλύσεις (κάποιες τις πηδούσα).
Despair Speaking
I'll just sum the damn book into one simple picture since a picture is worth a thousand words. Then maybe you'll take the safer path and veer clear from this terrible book, which is full of crap.

There. Have I convinced you now? Surely you have grasped how horrible this book is with it! But if you haven't, I shall indulge you with three reasons to not read this book and waste your time and money somewhere else...

1) So predictable! I swear one can become a seer with this book! In fact, I should ta
Cassie
May 25, 2011 rated it it was amazing
in in love with this cover!!!!
Alia Ros
Sep 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
Well that was a good read, outta the world experience,! ;)

I tried picking up this book so mny times before but failed and then when I succeeded then it was amazing!
Looking forward to echo!! :))
I have (generously) dropped this rating down to 2 stars. I mean, what was I kidding? I didn't even like it.

Let's get this straight first - the writing was absolutely HORRENDOUS. It was clunky, thick, and sometimes didn't even make sense. It made my mind hurt just looking at the poorly structures sentences and how

almost.

every single sentance.

between paragraphs.

was like this.

It's one thing to use single-line sentances like that every once and a while for emphasis, but you don't have to do it
Angela
Aug 01, 2011 marked it as to-read
Shelves: books-i-own
I don't get it! I loved the evermore books!! Why does everyone think their annoying.. :(
Soumi
Fated was first in my reading list by Alyson Noel, and I have very high expectations from this book. Honestly the book didn’t exceed my anticipation but I can’t say that I’m not pleased. I loved some points where I was not completely satisfied by others.

Plot Overview

The story was based of self discovery and journey of 16 years old Daire. Her life was always moving around places to place, from one movie set to another, she never felt normal. Encountering series of horrible nightmarish visions of
Sudeshna
I thought this book was egregious. My rant:

-Daire is impossible to connect to. Too bratty, too self-absorbed, too independent (yes, even as a teenager myself, I think it’s possible). Makes poor decisions. It’s impossible for anyone to get absorbed in or enjoy a book when they’re busy thinking up ways the main character could DIE.

-NO character development. Okay, Dace is the most perfect, the most OMG soul in the world, and his nasty twin brother is evil incarnate. NO, that does not count as char
Merna
Jan 14, 2013 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf
This is a Did not finish book. Maybe one day I'll pick it up and continue reading this boring book. But right know I need a break. Until, I'm able to pick this up again, I'll rate this two stars. Maybe my rating and my thoughts will change if I ever finish reading this. So, I won't completely review it until then. Though,I should have known better since this is by the author of Evermore. For me Evermore was a dreadful book.
Marija *Don't Even Try To Save Me Tonight*
Having read the first three books in "The Immortals" series, I didn't expect much from this book. I was surprised that I actually really liked it.

Daire was nothing like Ever (thank god), and I liked the concept of the story. I'm really fascinated by shamans and the possibility of having a spirit animal. I also liked that the book wasn't really centered on the romance part. We see a lot of Dace, but Daire isn't always drooling over him or constantly thinking about him. She was more focused on fi
Danielle Folker
Nov 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-library
It has been a long time since I read an Alyson Noel book. I thought that I might not be into it since it has been maybe 7 years since I read Evermore and remember it being a little juvenile. I do intend to try that series again soon. This book was great. I really enjoyed it. It left a lot of mysteries to figure out and only slightly subdued the villain. I'm most likely going to be hunting book 2 down as soon as I get the chance.
Cyndi
Dec 12, 2016 rated it it was ok
Problems for me with this book, main character; brat. Why do so many YA books write teen girls as hating their parents?
Then this writer actually used the old, "with great power comes great responsibility," Spiderman?
Next, she is "ripped apart" by her family in a vision. I would have trouble trusting them afterwards, but that's just me.
And last; the first thing she does with her new powers is harass some bees? Really?!
Vea
Oli paska kirja, mutta tulipahan luettua.
Γιώτα Παπαδημακοπούλου
Γνώρισα την Alyson Noel μέσα από την σειρά της, "Αθάνατοι", που κυκλοφόρησε με μεγάλη επιτυχία από τις εκδόσεις Ψυχογιός και πριν λίγους μήνες, είχα τη χαρά και την τιμή να την συναντήσω και από κοντά, όταν ήρθε στη χώρα μας όπου με χαμόγελο και θετική διάθεση, υποδέχτηκε σε μεγάλο πολυκατάστημα της Αθήνας, μικρούς και μεγάλους θαυμαστές της. Οι ίδιες εκδόσεις, έφεραν στη χώρα μας και τις δύο επόμενες σειρές της συγγραφέως, εκείνες της "Ράιλι Μπλουμ", την οποία και σας έχουμε ήδη παρουσιάσει, αλ ...more
Michelle's Paranormal Vault of Books

I had always thought Alyson Noël's writing was beautiful before this, but I’ll tell you, she has done it again, but better. The way she writes in itself, feels magical, it really sucks you right into the story your reading. Her descriptions, are so vivid, its stunning when it feels like a movie is playing out in your head as you read. And the emotions you feel are awesome, you feel along with the characters. It touches you in such a good way, you just can't put the book down, and leaves you wan
Dana Al-Basha دانة الباشا
For some reason, no matter how good the story is, I always have a very hard time liking Alyson Noel's leading ladies.

My first problem with this book is that I doubt the author has been to Morocco, if she did she would know that the hijab bit was an exaggeration (no one in any Arabic country would expect a foreigner to wear it), same goes to the doctor and woman in black. The thing you need to know about Arabic countries, especially countries like Morocco, that dealing with magic isn't all that
Cora Tea Party Princess
5 Words: Magic, heritage, conflict, souls, hollywood.

I was quite pleasantly surprised by this book. I've always looked at Alyson Noel's books and just walked past to something with a prettier cover, because I'm shallow like that and often pick books based only on the cover or title.

So when Steph mentioned this series to me, told me to give it a chance because by the end of the first book she was hooked despite her initial dislike of the story, I grabbed her copies and ran.

I think the part of thi
Grüffeline
Wieder ein schwer zu bewertendes Buch. Der Anfang ist unheimlich langsam und liest sich auch nicht gerade flüssig und mit den Charakteren wurde ich auch nicht so schnell warm. Erst, als Paloma richtig ins Spiel kommt, bin ich mit Daire ein wenig warm geworden.
Gegen Ende liest sich das Buch ganz gut und auch die Handlung und die Charaktere konnten mich dann mitreißen. Aber für eine gute Bewertung leider zu spät.
(Und gut, dass sie erklären, wie man Xotichl ausspricht, da stolpere ich jedes Mal drü
Jenn
After being severely disappointed in where Noel took The Immortals series, I really had low expectations going into this one. And I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised. Whereas her other series that was pretty much one girls mission to have sex, Fated focuses more on family and ancestry.

We start with Daire - a teenage girl who believes that she is going crazy because time seems to stop around her and she's seeing things, strange things, and she's starting to wonder what is real and what isn
Debbie
Nov 12, 2012 rated it did not like it
Shelves: recommended
I had several responses as I read Fated.

I rolled my eyes and laughed aloud at the ridiculous ways that Noel presented "Native American" culture. It is bogus, so those of you who (in your reviews on Goodreads and elsewhere) think you're getting a peek into Native ways, forget it. You're not.

I felt confusion at the mish mash of peoples identities. If you read fast and don't care much about backstory, you probably missed that morass of identity. There's "Native American" characters, but without a
Fox ~ you will love him to ruins ~
I read this book 3 years ago and just realized I never marked it as read lmao.
Sera
Feb 21, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: series-i-quit
  • A Want So Wicked (A Need So Beautiful, #2)
  • Wrecked
  • Glimmer
  • The Temptation (Kindred, #1)
  • Undeadly (The Reaper Diaries, #1)
  • A Temptation of Angels
  • Starling (Starling, #1)
  • Silver (Bandia, #1)
  • Balthazar (Evernight, #5)
  • Dark Kiss (Nightwatchers, #1)
  • A Fractured Light (A Beautiful Dark, #2)
  • Shattered Souls (Souls, #1)
  • Soul Screamers Volume Two (Soul Screamers #3, 3.5, 4)
  • Dark Eyes (Dark Eyes, #1)
  • Shattered Dreams (Midnight Dragonfly, #1)
  • Hemlock (Hemlock, #1)
  • A Witch in Winter (Winter Trilogy, #1)
  • Havoc (Deviants #2)
*Note to readers: I'm slowly trying to add to the long list of books I have read, books I am reading, books I want to read, and books I loved reading. I only add books I loved, hence all my ratings are 5 stars!

Alyson Noël is the #1 New York Times best selling, award-winning, author of 26 novels, including: Faking 19, Art Geeks and Prom Queens, Laguna Cove, Fly Me to the Moon, Kiss & Blog, Savi

The Soul Seekers (4 books)
  • Echo (Soul Seekers, #2)
  • Mystic (Soul Seekers, #3)
  • Horizon (The Soul Seekers, #4)
“There is an old and very wise Native American saying: Every time you point a finger in scorn—there are three remaining fingers pointing right back at you.” 41 likes
“I did Google him, you know."
"Oh, so you GOOGLED him Oh, well, that changes everything then, doesn't it? What could I possibly worry about now that I know you've conducted such a thorough Internet search?”
29 likes