Goodreads helps you keep track of books you want to read.
Start by marking “The Stonecutter (Patrik Hedström, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Stonecutter (Patrik Hedström, #3)
Enlarge cover
Rate this book
Clear rating
Open Preview

The Stonecutter (Fjällbacka #3)

3.85  ·  Rating details ·  15,738 Ratings  ·  1,270 Reviews
The third psychological thriller from No 1 bestselling Swedish crime sensation Camilla Läckberg. Irresistible for fans of Stieg Larsson and Jo Nesbo.

The remote resort of Fjällbacka has seen its share of tragedy, though perhaps none worse than that of the little girl found in a fisherman's net. But the post-mortem reveals that this is no case of accidental drowning…

Local de
...more
Hardcover, 489 pages
Published May 1st 2012 by Pegasus Crime (first published 2005)
More Details... edit details

Friend Reviews

To see what your friends thought of this book, please sign up.

Reader Q&A

To ask other readers questions about The Stonecutter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Stonecutter

Community Reviews

(showing 1-30)
filter  |  sort: default (?)  |  Rating Details
Phrynne
Jun 08, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another gripping instalment in this excellent series. As usual there are murders and attempted murders aplenty plus an interesting back story, which eventually ties up with the main events and helps to explain why it all occurred.
This is definitely a series to read in order because the character development is huge and different personalities and relationships are constantly changing. There are also several long running stories which pop up from time to time but are not resolved in just one book
...more
sweet jane
Ένα ψαροχώρι, ένα νεκρό κορίτσι, ένα καταπληκτικό μυθιστόρημα.

Ένα μικρό κορίτσι βρίσκεται πνιγμένο στα δίχτυα ενός ψαρά. Οι τοπικές αρχές νομίζουν ότι πρόκειται για ατύχημα, όμως τα πράγματα είναι ακόμα πιο περίπλοκα. Φτάνει μόνο να σκαλίσουν λίγο την στάχτη για να δουν τις σπίθες που σιγοκαινε.

Η Lackberg δημιουργεί ένα έγκλημα και αντί να αναζητήσει τον δολοφόνο, αναζητά τι τον δημιούργησε. Μας ξεναγεί στον μικρόκοσμο της Φιελμπακα και μας διηγείται τα μυστικά όσων περνούν από δίπλα μας. Δολοφ
...more
Stephen Hayes
Jun 17, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The first thjing I noticed about this book was the sticker placed on the cover, presumabl;y by the booksellers, saying "If you like Jo Nesbo you'll love this." And the books by Jo Nesbo have stickers saying "The next Stieg L:arsson". I'm not sure what these cvomparisons are supposed to achieve, except that Jo Nesbo's writing has recently come to look like a rather ineffectual attempt to imitate Stieg Larsson. But Lackberg has so far not tried to imitate either. Other than being crime fiction, an ...more
Thomas
Jul 11, 2012 rated it really liked it
I got me somethin' to say about mystery books.



Over the past several years I've been reading more and more in the way of mysteries, and there are a few things I've noticed along the way. Although there are plenty of mysteries written and published in France, Mexico, Peru, Spain, Russia, and cetera, here in the United States we primarily see those that are written here, England, and the Scandinavian nations and it is those last three styles that I want to talk about. I say styles, because there is
...more
Anna
Jun 27, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Το τελευταίο βιβλίο της σειράς που διαβάζω εγώ και το τρίτο στην κανονική σειρά των βιβλίων, τα «Οικογενειακά μυστικά», με τον τίτλο «Ο Λιθοξόος» που κυκλοφόρησε στα σουηδικά είναι αυτό ακριβώς που περιγράφει: οικογενειακά μυστικά καλά κρυμμένα που έρχονται στο φως της δημοσιότητας μετά από τραγικά συμβάντα.
Οι ήρωές μας βρίσκονται στα εξής σημεία της ζωής τους: η Ερίκα με τον Πάτρικ μόλις έχουν αποκτήσει την κόρη τους, η Άννα ζει ακόμα με το Λούκας, ο Μάρτιν έχει μόλις γνωρίσει την Πία και μετακ
...more
Shy
The Stonecutter turned out to be such a tiresome read for me. It feels like the author tried to cover so many grounds in her book till she losed focus and failed to emphasis more on the thing that suppose to matter most: the mystery and the routes to solve it.

The main thing that can be found in The Stonecutter is the neverending emotional outburst mostly from the female characters. To read about their endless self-pity where they blame others for difficulties that they have to face is utterly e
...more
Nasia
Αν και οι συνεχόμενες εναλλαγές της ιστορίας με κράτησαν αρκετά, δεν με κέρδισε τόσο η ίδια η ιστορία της οικογένειας του κοριτσιού που σκοτώθηκε. Παρόλα αυτά, η ιδέα των βαθιών συνεπειών των ανθρώπινων δράσεων στον ψυχισμό των παιδιών δόθηκε ωραία μες στο βιβλίο, με αποτέλεσμα η βαθμολογία μου να είναι τελικά 3.5/5.
Pattie
Nov 27, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
So I'm reading this book randomly taken from the "New Books" shelf at the library and about a quarter of the way through, I thought "I haven't read anything this badly written since ....what was it? Oh, right, that other Swedish book...." and I checked the Author profile, and yes, she was the person who wrote the last book I read that was this badly written. From that point, I just skimmed.

As with "The Ice Princess", most everyone outside the main detective is a one dimensional character. I'm gu
...more
Lena
Jul 11, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I think this is one of the rare crime books I've read that my focus wasn't on who the killer was.The depth of the characters and the thorough psychological analysis gave a singural feeling to this book.In my opinion it portays greatly how important the family is in the growing process of a human and how much it can destroy a person.The story that was about the past although few pages each time succeded in making you realise the burden that 3 generations carried.I wasn't sure about the killer unt ...more
Filipa
Jun 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Camilla cria sempre tramas acessíveis mas complexas e com várias teias para resolver. São sempre livros agradáveis para se ler e passar boas horas embrenhados na história.
Adorei o primeiro volume desta série ("A princesa de gelo") e já não gostei tanto do segundo ("Gritos do passado"), no entanto, não deixa de ser uma boa leitura e deixa transparecer a mestria das palavras que tem Camilla.
Neste terceiro volume. . . arrisco a dizer que é o meu favorito. Desde o início que me prendeu e me manteve
...more
Magdalena aka A Bookaholic Swede
The Stonecutter is the thrilling third book in the Fjällbacka series. The death in this book is quite tragic. A child is found drowned, and it's a child that Erica and Patrick know since the mother of the dead child as a newborn baby in the same age as Erica's. But, it all gets a lot worse when it's discovered that the child was murdered. But, who would kill a child?

The Stonecutter has two parallel stories, the one in the present and then we also move back in time to the beginning of the 20th-ce
...more
Thomas
Apr 21, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Βιβλίο θητείας #3
Readathon 2017 [3/13]: Ένα βιβλίο με μέσο μεταφοράς στο εξώφυλλο


Πρώτη ανάγνωση δουλειάς της Läckberg και δηλώνω ικανοποιημένος. Ο φόνος ενός μικρού κοριτσιού γίνεται η αφορμή για να βγάλει στη φόρα τα κακώς κείμενα της σουηδικής κοινωνίας στην επαρχία: παιδεραστία, ενδοοικογενειακή βία, διάφορες μορφές κακοποίησης παρελαύνουν στις σελίδες του βιβλίου από την αρχή μέχρι και το τέλος. Το ένα μυστικό οδηγεί σαν άλλο ντόμινο στην αποκάλυψη ενός άλλου και μέσω αυτών και μιας παράλλη
...more
Susan
Sep 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am enthralled with this series. That's all I have to say. "The Stonecutter" was the best of the three I've read so far...I am starting the next one now. I can't remember being this wrapped up in a series since I discovered Mitch Rapp or Jack Reacher....and I the Patrik Hedstrom novels are much better written. The crazy families in these novels will stick with me for a long time.
Emir Ibañez
Nov 15, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Con esta tercer entrega de los crímenes de Fjällbacka, Camilla nos demuestra su crecimiento como escritora. Es el mejorcito de la serie hasta ahora, si bien ya hay publicados nueve libros quiero ir leyéndolos por orden. No es necesario de todos modos, porque se los puede leer individualmente, es solo que hay mini-plots sobre los otros miembros de la comisaría que se van desarrollando de trasfondo a lo largo de la investigación de turno que no quiero perderme.

La estructura sigue siendo la misma d
...more
Deanna Drai Turner
Well, I've done it. I finished the 3rd Lackberg Swedish murder mystery. This author really is something. I like her mind and like how she duct tapes together a story....When I first started this one, I thought I might not like it because it dealt with the death of a 7 year old girl. I don't like much of anything where a child comes to harm. But I understood why she did this, as our Protagonist Police Detective's woman just birthed a daughter....so of course this gave him the extra impetus needed ...more
Kenchiin
Nov 08, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well, the reason why I stopped reading this series was the overload of unnecessary content in book 2. Said this, The Stonecutter is not only better than its predecessor, but also a good example of well-executed crime fiction.
Cat
Nov 27, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2013
When a young girl is found dead in a fisherman's net, everybody assumes it was an accidental drowning. But after further examination to the body, it is determined that Sara, the dead girl, didn't drown by accident; she was in fact murdered. And Patrick Hedström, who is the father of a baby girl, is back leading the investigation. And once again he has to deal with deeply disturbed people and unearth the terrible secrets the Fjällbacka's families try to hide.

To be honest, I thought I would have a
...more
Andreia Silva
Cada vez mais fico com a sensação de que adoro ler policiais. Porque me fazem prender ao livro mas, sobretudo, me fazem esperar por uma resolução de um mistério que parece, por vezes, indecifrável. E os livros da Camilla Läckberg têm aumentado esse gosto em mim, como leitora.

"Teia de Cinzas" é o terceiro volume de uma saga com o detective Patrick Hedstrom e, apesar de ter lido o primeiro mas não o segundo, isso não impediu em nada o acompanhamento da história, em termos de história policial. Lê-
...more
Joana Almeida
Aug 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Penso que este livro foi até agora o que mais me deu satisfação pessoal em ler desta escritora. Não pela história em si, mas pelos temas que aborda e pelo final.
Emily
Mar 17, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Emily by: sandra da campo
Shelves: nordic-noir
Ο "Λιθοξόος" όπως είναι ο πρωτότυπος τίτλος είναι το τρίτο βιβλίο της σειράς με ήρωα τον αστυνόμο Πάτρικ Χέντστρεμ. Διαδραματίζεται στην Φιελμπάκα, ένα χωριό κοντά στο Γέτεμποργ της Σουηδίας, όπως και τα άλλα βιβλία της σειράς. Για τόσο μικρό μέρος έχει πολλή εγκληματικότητα! Αν πάτε ποτέ μη μείνετε πολύ γιατί δεν ξέρετε τι μπορεί να σας συμβεί!
Με αφορμή το φόνο ενός μικρού κοριτσιού ξεδιπλώνεται η ειδυλιακή ζωή των κατοίκων και η αγνότης των συνηθειών τους, των δραστηριοτήτων τους και των σκέψε
...more
Jody
Mar 07, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery, nook, crime
I have a love/hate relationship with Camilla Lackberg. On the one hand, I really like her characters, to the extent that I'm disappointed when we don't get enough of a certain one in her novels (especially Erica; since the first novel she's been mostly a secondary figure--bring her back, Camilla!). I love the look into Swedish small-town life, where people let their babies sleep in strollers outside stores by themselves and cops don't carry guns.

And yet ... and yet ... Her writing is just okay.
...more
Evi Routoula
Nov 02, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Πολύ θα ήθελα να επισκεφτώ αυτήν τη Φιελμπάκα!! Παρόλο που έχω πάει στη Σουηδία, ομολογώ ότι την Φιελμπάκα δεν την ήξερα! Μου την ἐμαθε για τα καλά η Καμίλα! Έψαξα και στο ίντερνετ και βρήκα κάτι φωτογραφίες της κωμόπολης που είναι όντως υπέροχες. Ας γυρίσουμε όμως στο θέμα μας και στο τρίτο βιβλίο της Καμίλα Λέκμπεργκ που διάβασα,αυτή η Φιελμπάκα αποδεικνύεται άκρως εγκληματικό μέρος, κάτι σαν το Σικάγο της δεκαετίας του μεσοπολέμου!! Κάθε τρις και λίγο γίνονται φοβερά εγκλήματα που όλα έχουν ν ...more
Gaby Franz
Mar 31, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Una historia muy cruda pero que me tuvo fascinada durante toda la lectura. Siendo madre de una niña pude sentir el dolor de los padres al perder a su hija. El misterio, el suspense y las tramas secundarias hacen de esta novela la mejor hasta ahora de las tres que he leído de la saga. Mejora cada vez más, esperemos que sea así con los demás libros.
La chica que leía
4.5
John
Dec 07, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
My copy of this novel bears what must be the most vacuous, inane review quote of all time, and from the Washington Post, no less: "One day, we might be identifying Agatha Christie as 'the British Camilla Lackberg.'"

Either someone was given a massive bribe or they were knocking back too much of the hard stuff. Lackberg's work is nothing like Christie's; it's quite simply in a different subgenre. And, although I'm no great Christie fan, she had more plotting ingenuity in her little finger than I'v
...more
Filipe Miguel
Mar 23, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Regressar a Fjällbacka pela mão de Camilla Läckberg começa a tornar-se um guilty pleasure que aprecio cada vez mais.

Não posso afirmar que os seus livros sejam obras-primas, ainda para mais depois de ter lido o seu primero - A Princesa de Gelo - que tão pouco gostei. Contudo, a mestria com que Camilla abordou o regresso aquela cidade costeira da Suécia em Gritos do Passado, e como conseguiu retornar novamente, transmitiu-me algo que vai bem além do simples policial com um crime para resolver.

Läc
...more
Mal Warwick
Dec 12, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Camilla Läckberg is Sweden’s best-selling native author, and it’s not difficult to understand why. The series of detective novels she has set in the small seaside town of Fjällbacka features complex plots and three-dimensional characters — lots of them. The Stonecutter, the third in Läckberg’s series, is no different from the earlier novels in both these respects. But it doesn’t quite measure up to them because it’s relatively predictable despite its complexity.

We first meet the stonecutter of t
...more
Linda  Branham Greenwell
The story moves back and forth between the past and the present - 2 stories. You don;t know why they are connected but you know they must be
The story of the past is about a Stonecutter, and a wealthy spoiled young lady whose lives become intertwined
The present is about a child who is found drowned
Patrick is the police officer on the case. His wife, Erika, recently had a baby and is having trouble adjusting. Patrick and Erika live a few houses from the parents who lost their child - the mother of
...more
Neide Parafitas
WOW!!!!

Este livro é fabuloso!!! :)

Fiquei maravilhada com este 3º livro da autora que me baralhou por diversas vezes com a sequência de acontecimentos que se iam sucedendo.
Desta vez não achei que o ponto alto fosse descobrir o assassino, mas antes os motivos..

Para os apreciadores de policiais, este é um livro a não perder!!! :P


Xana
Jul 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Gosto muito da escrita desta autora. Este foi, talvez, o meu livro favorito dela (até agora).
Se pudesse daria 4,5* mas recai para as 5 porque não me custou em momento nenhum lê -lo.
Confesso que desconfiava daquele final já à uns tempitos, mas nem isso me fez perder a vontade.
Gostei muito e recomendo .
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 next »
topics  posts  views  last activity   
Around the Year i...: The Stonecutter, by Camilla Läckberg 1 9 Jun 20, 2017 01:03AM  
#6 A book that's been translated 3 7 May 30, 2016 08:33AM  
Madison Mega-Mara...: The Stonecutter (Patrik Hedström, #3) 1 3 Mar 08, 2013 06:58AM  
  • Sun and Shadow (Inspector Winter, #3)
  • Night Rounds (Inspector Huss #2)
  • Livstid (Annika Bengtzon, #7)
  • The Inner Circle (Anders Knutas, #3)
  • Silenced (Fredrika Bergman and Alex Recht, #2)
  • Summer Death
  • Until Thy Wrath be Past (Rebecka Martinsson, #4)
  • The Darkest Room (The Öland Quartet, #2)
  • When the Devil Holds the Candle (Inspector Konrad Sejer, #4)
72887
Born in 1974, Camilla Läckberg graduated from Gothenburg University of Economics, before moving to Stockholm where she worked for a few years as an economist. However, a course in creative crime writing became the trigger to a drastic change of career. Her first four novels all became Swedish bestsellers. Läckberg's books are always set in or around her birthplace, the small Swedish west coast tow ...more
More about Camilla Läckberg...

Other Books in the Series

Fjällbacka (10 books)
  • The Ice Princess (Patrik Hedström, #1)
  • The Preacher (Patrik Hedström, #2)
  • Olycksfågeln (Patrik Hedström, #4)
  • The Hidden Child (Patrik Hedström, #5)
  • The Drowning (Patrik Hedström, #6)
  • Fyrvaktaren (Patrik Hedström, #7)
  • Änglamakerskan (Patrik Hedström, #8)
  • Lejontämjaren (Patrik Hedström, #9)
  • Häxan (Patrik Hedström, #10)

Share This Book

“La muerte era un estado, igual que la vida; ¿por qué iba a ser una mejor que otra?” 10 likes
“Su enfermedad, curiosamente, hacía que le resultara más fácil enfrentarse a ese dolor. El padecimiento físico reclamaba su atención en todo momento, relegando parte del sufrimiento del alma.” 1 likes
More quotes…