Start by marking “An Atmosphere Of Angels” as Want to Read:
An Atmosphere Of Angels

An Atmosphere Of Angels

3.57  ·  Rating details ·  7 Ratings  ·  5 Reviews
As part of a treaty with a primitive race, Terran space explorers agree to dispose of an abandoned stellar craft. Trapped inside the ship, the Terrans (Parno and Kathlynn) find numerous alien corpses, and one ghost.

In order to escape, the Terrans must learn the workings of the ship. The ghost tries to kill them via spontaneous combustion, offworld narcotics, drowning in a
Published September 30th 2011 by Smashwords

To ask other readers questions about An Atmosphere Of Angels, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about An Atmosphere Of Angels

Red Haircrow
Jul 17, 2012 rated it liked it
Human and alien interaction in sci-fi is one of my favorite themes when it’s done in an intelligent manner, such as in C.J. Cherryh’s Foreigner Universe and many others by her, or with humor, such as in the League of Peoples series by James Alan Gardner’s, which began with Expendable.

“An Atmosphere of Angels” had a solid framework of science fiction know-how, and is eloquent and lyrical at times, but the sexual references, innuendo and preoccupation seemed overdone at the beginning. The supposed
Paul Montgomery
Aug 24, 2012 rated it really liked it
Synopsis - A team of Earth explorers arrive on a planet, ostensibly to secure a load of Ether Ore (the new wonder-fuel). Things, however, do not go to plan. Two of their number, Parno and Kathlynn, whilst studying the local lifeforms end up caught in an alien spaceship. Pursued by a ghostly demon, they struggle with alien tech and their own feelings as they look for a way to escape and return to their crew alive and sane.

I'll admit, it took me a couple of tries to get into this book. What seems
Stephanie Dagg
Aug 29, 2012 rated it really liked it
An Atmosphere of Angels by H C Turk is thoughtful science fiction. That doesn’t mean it’s not exciting as there is plenty of ‘edge of your seat’ action. The book is about more mature characters with histories and experience, the central two of which are financial anthropologist Parno Hadjara and Earth Nations United representative Kathlynn Shumard. So when odd little things start happening during their prospecting visit to planet Kapnos 3 which has the ether ore that Earth urgently needs for its ...more
Jessica Buike
Jul 24, 2012 rated it it was ok
While I like intelligent writing, this story had some words and phrases that seemed more like showing off than as a tool for comprehension and enjoyment. I had a hard time following along in the story. It switches perspectives sometimes which was a little frustrating. The story was very strange and I just didn't get it.
Cassie
Nov 05, 2012 rated it really liked it
Although it took me a while to really get involved within this book, once I did I really enjoyed it. I love the story plot, and how H.C. Turk created this science fiction. I recommend this book, and look forward to reading more of H.C. Turks books.
H.C. Turk
Oct 06, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Jacque
Raymond Waley
is currently reading it
Nov 22, 2017
A: This is hard.
Q: Why is making a bio so hard for you?
A: Because it's like talking. I don't like to talk; I like to write.
Q: But people want to know about authors. Reading a book requires a lot of effort.
A: Writing one ain't exactly playtime.
Q: That's better. Go ahead, tell us more. Did you have a pleasant childhood?
A: Ask my dog; he was there.
Q: Your dog is stuffed. He's not a real dog.
A: He's m