Start by marking “Advanced French for Exceptional Cats” as Want to Read:
Advanced French for Exceptional Cats

Advanced French for Exceptional Cats (French for Cats #2)

4.2  ·  Rating details ·  88 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
Funnier, cleverer, with even more marvelous color illustrations than its predecessor.
Hardcover
Published October 27th 1992 by Villard

To ask other readers questions about Advanced French for Exceptional Cats, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Advanced French for Exceptional Cats

Gerry
Nov 25, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A very funny book depicting the sophisticated cat in different situations from simply being exceptional to choosing its favourite water (the toilet bowl!), its music appreciation, its hedonistic qualities, tripping abroad and many, many more.

There is even portrayals of Seurat's Cat, Le chat de Seurat, who is portrayed, unsurprisingly, in dots and Da Vinci's cat, Le chat de Leonardo, who watches one of her inventions trapping a mouse.

And at the end there is a version of The Mouseillaise and a not
Marina
Sep 27, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Je suis dedans, et je veux sortir. Maintenant, je suis dehors, et je voudrais rentre.
Karen
May 01, 2008 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction, french
Petit livre mignon. Especially enjoyable were the lessons on requesting toilet water and on addressing dogs. You never know when such things might come in handy.
Becky
Feb 20, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
First sentence: The Exceptional Cat Le Chat Exceptionnel

Premise/plot: If you and your cat loved the first book, it's time to expand your knowledge. The phrases taught in this one go above and beyond your basic, practical needs with a few exceptions.

I don't mind Bach and Mozart as long as there is no singing.
Je veux bien ecouter Bach et Mozart pourvu que personne ne chante.

I nap, therefore I am. Je fais un somme, donc je suis.

In this one the cat travels to France--to Paris--for part of this one
Karen
May 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Such an awesomely hilarious book! I love the illustrations, they're just sweet and sassy and cute enough to brighten my day every time I look at it.
Rainey
Jan 03, 2011 rated it liked it
quite comical. i wish it were about dogs, but i daresay the author rather detests dogs!
Amy
Hilarious and sparkling! A must-read for any Francophile friend of felines! :-)
Miss_Pam
Nov 14, 2011
Maud
Dec 19, 2009
Gabriel
Apr 22, 2009
Henry N. Beard (born ca. 1945) is an American humorist, one of the founders of the magazine National Lampoon and the author of several best-selling books.

Beard, a great-grandson of Vice President John C. Breckinridge, was born into a well-to-do family and grew up at the Westbury Hotel on East 69th Street in Manhattan. His relationship with his parents was cool, to judge by his quip "I never saw my
More about Henry N. Beard...

French for Cats (2 books)
  • French for Cats: All the French Your Cat Will Ever Need