Start by marking “Moonlight Becomes You (Lucky Moon, #1)” as Want to Read:
Moonlight Becomes You (Lucky Moon, #1)

Moonlight Becomes You

(Lucky Moon #1)

This edition is no longer available.

Eleven years ago Shane Ventura made the biggest mistake of his life when he caved in to pressure from his record label to kick his best friend Jesse Seider out of their band, Luck. Though he had a gorgeous voice, Jesse wasn’t beautiful, and didn’t fit the label’s ideal look. But Shane’s never wanted anyone else more, and all the sex and
Published August 9th 2011 by Loose Id LLC

To ask other readers questions about Moonlight Becomes You, please sign up.
Victoria You should get a scribd membership, it is $8.99 a month and they have this book for free (if you have the membership). Also I think you would be very…moreYou should get a scribd membership, it is $8.99 a month and they have this book for free (if you have the membership). Also I think you would be very happy who Jesse turns out to be. I know I was ;)(less)

*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time

No really....I never figure "twists" out in books or "who done it". Yeah pegged this one from the very beginning.

Shane on the other hand....wake up and smell the coffee dude

Definitely had to suspend some reality on this one.

Besides that, I just never felt any kind of connection between the MCs. The first 60+% of the book they didn't even interact that much. I didn't feel any romance brewing. "Attraction" yes, but nothing to base that on.

This one got marked in some "hot" shelves...

One scene ar
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
*New version from Dreamspinner is the $0.99 deal of the day! 7/16/14! http://www.dreamspinnerpress.com/stor...*

**4.5 stars**

Wow! Piper Vaughn and M.J. O'Shea rocked my socks off!! I loved this adorable book!

First of all the writing... whew! So seamless and just really flawless in my book. I loved the style of these two ladies. I couldn't believe how much emotion this little story wrenched out of me. I was near tears at times and was so in the characters' heads. I knew who they were, where they
Alice
Apr 11, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m
4.5 Until one day he realised that suddenly everything about Jesse turned him on, that somewhere along the way, without ever intending it, he'd fallen for his best friend--hard. stars.
One of the d bags from 1d
“I want to tell the guys,” Shane whispered against Jesse's lips. It wasn't the first time he'd mentioned it. “I wanna be with you for real, Jess, out in the open. We shouldn't have to hide.”

Shane has regretted his decision for over ten years, the decision to cut Jesse out of his life. But for the first time--in
.Lili.
Aug 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
 photo imagejpg1_zps0cf6fb86.jpg

MJ O'shea and Piper Vaughn,

You two have done it again! I had looked forward to this book for months and then (I thought) it was ruined for me because a spoiler was posted. I was stuck between really wanting to read it and fearing that because I knew a big portion of the plot I wouldn't enjoy reading it. Well, in the end I had nothing to fear. I freaking loved it. There's so much I want to say but can't. My lips are sealed...

What I can say is: if you're a fan rock star books- then this is not to
Emma Sea
Apr 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Psh, like no-one saw that coming! This isn't exactly a well-written book, but the uber-angst had me craving like a crack addict. Delicious hurty goodness.
Lauraadriana
3.5 Stars

Shane Ventura has been doing nothing but waking up with a head full of regrets for the last 10 plus years...Forget plural...More like REGRET. The ONE regret.

He's a rockstar, he's got it all, the fame, the fortune, all he ever wanted. All the things he chose over Jesse. Jesse...His first love. The One. The one he betrayed over a record deal. Shane has never gotten over the guilt from that, the shame of knowing he broke the heart of the only man he ever loved.

But the show must go on, and
Heather C
Aug 08, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Heather C by: Nikyta *Miss Forgetful*
Lisa Arbitrary - AttentionIsArbitrary M/M Blog
May 19, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: m-m, m-m romance, rock band
Recommended to Lisa Arbitrary - AttentionIsArbitrary M/M Blog by: Andri
Shelves: adult, m-m-romance
~~~

No Spoilers

3-4 stars. Sometimes I really wish there was a 3.8 star rating, ya know?

THE WRITING:

This was a sweet, romantic, quick read that hit all the right marks. The writing was fresh and well paced. The story moved along with little to no lulls.

THE CHARACTERS:

I found Shane to be a surprisingly contemplative and sentimental character who tugged at my heart strings. He let an eleven year old mistake nearly ruin him. When times were bad, he was the most happy. When times were supposed to be
Lucy
Aug 07, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Kassa
Sep 17, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Like others I’m a fan of rock star angst stories so I was happy to see this offering. Unfortunately the premise was hard for me to buy into and the ending just devolves into what was for me, an eye rolling experience. It’s an easy story to read and mostly enjoyable but overall it just didn’t work that well for me. Others may not be as bothered, especially if they can buy into the concept and “twist” presented. The writing is decent and the angst and sex scenes are enough to satisfy fans of those ...more
Susan65
Aug 13, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What a fantastic rocker story. The storyline was unique, the characters were believable and the emotions were real. Shane and his brother Nick were in a band with Jesse, but things go horribly wrong. Shane was a dumbass, but he was a dumbass because of his environment. He truly was a good guy who allowed his awful home life (his mother’s abandonment, his father’s cruelty and his brother’s own dumbass-ness) dictate how he acted towards others. Unfortunately, that was also the catalyst for wreckin ...more
❧Gwendolyn❧A Bookish Berkeley Girl❧
Yes, I felt like this when I was done with this book~

I stayed up all night! I just had 2 know and when he would know. I just had to see his reaction..to.... well you know, or will know what I mean if you read it. I am so freaking tired but, but....-ok, this book and it had a few irritants and some obvious facts, but, I loved waiting for the reactions, and that made me want to finish this book in one smooth gulp*...and it was worth it.

"Now, I Really Need Coffee....so I can read the next one....I
Nikyta *Miss Forgetful*
This was a great story. I really enjoyed it. I meant to write this as soon as I finished reading it but I was kind of lazy (sorry!).

I loved all these characters, both primary and secondary. Some were blunt, arrogant and loud while others were charming, calm and laid back. Shane is one of the main characters in this book but we experience him when he feels self-conscious and kind of depressed. We only get his POV so we learn all about him, his past mistakes and his regrets. One of the things he r
Arzu
Sheri
Apr 24, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: boyz-luvin-boyz
I can’t lie…I wasn't fooled for a moment. It was so unbelievably predictable, but honestly? It didn't matter.

The writing was top-notch- I’m talking brilliant collaboration! I truly adored the voices coming through.
Both MC's were genuinely delightful- even if you wanted to hate them, you can’t.
And their adventures were sweet agony.

Classic story of the nerdy boy falling for the bad boy, but with so much warmth you cannot help but melt. Shane is a prick. Full of piss and vinegar and looking for t
Ami
Aղցela W.
Spoiler Alert This was a really good book. Eleven years ago, Shane Ventura made the biggest mistake of his life when he caved in to pressure from his record label to kick his best friend and lover Jesse Seider, out of their band because he didn't have the right look. Luck has been invited to go on tour with one of the hottest bands in Britain Moonlight upon meeting the bands lead singer Kayden Berlin it's lust at first sight for Shane only Kayden can't stand him or his brother Nick. This was a r ...more
Deeze
May 23, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: would-read-again
I loved this book. From the very beginning I read with a knot in my stomach waiting for the climax. I was not disappointed. I spent most of this book torn between wanting Shane to get a second chance and wanting to see him get his comeuppance lol.

I read the free short More Than Moonlight first and immediately fell for Jesse. Knowing from the start of this book that Shane had been an ass just made me keen to read as fast as I could to see how things played out.

(view spoiler)
Isabella
Shell
Jul 29, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm not going to do a real review for this, because the babbling mess that I am would give things away, so I'll just say this book was fabulous!
Pam
Jul 30, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Okay. I've never read anything by these authors and I rarely give out fives but I loved this story. Shane is such a wounded soul because of poor decisions he made when first starting out in the music business. He's successful, talented and can have anybody he wants but he's still miserable since the one man he wants is long gone from his life. He's truly a mess and the only thing going for him is his music which doesn't mean much any more.

Enter Kayden who is like a breath of fresh air to his st
Karen K
Alice
Sep 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: M/M
Shelves: m-m
Shane left his childhood sweetheart when the band got big, but he's regretted it ever since. Will he ever have a chance to make it up to Jesse? Or will he wallow in his pit of despair?

Another winner by Piper Vaughn and M.J. O'Shea, the characters have so much depth, and I feel his despair with him. Even though I've never been in a band, I understand almost all of what's going on. Piper creates a great atmosphere, and explanations without being obvious and annoying about it.
The book was thrilling
Edina Rose
Aug 08, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shane and KAYDEN? I thought it would be about Shane and JESSE from More Than Moonlight!?!?

I'm REALLY pissed off!

-------
17/08/11
Finished reading the book and I am so happy I did!
Tangled0
Aug 11, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Chris
Jul 10, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: gay, ebook, romance, 2011, done
4.5 stars. Excellent m/m romance about two bands, Luck and Moonlight, going on tour together. The lead singer of Luck becomes fascinated by the lead singer of Moonlight, and is increasingly frustrated because Moonlight's lead singer treats him coldly and keeps his distance.
Jenre
Aug 12, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: contemporary, m-m, romance
I've said before how much I like rock star heroes, so I was pleased to see this release at Loose Id. It follows Shane who's the singer/songwriter in a successful band, Luck. Despite his success he's starting to feel a little jaded with the rock star lifestyle, especially when he looks in the mirror and sees the toll that the drink and drugs are taking on his good looks. As the story starts Shane is thrilled that his band have been approached by another band, Moonlight, who Shane admires a great ...more
Sammy Goode
Mar 06, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Moonlight Becomes You was part revenge story, part love gained, love lost and love regained story and part ugly ducking redoux.

So--let's look at revenge first. Jesse, a slightly overweight nerdy kid, happens to land the gig of tutoring the "bad-boy" rocker wannabe Shane Ventura while in high school. Against all odds the two become friends--and what is it that draws the one to the other? A love of music. They begin a band with additional badasses Nicky (Shane's brother) and Emmanuel. All is going
Betryal
Jul 10, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing rock group story. I couldn't get enough of this one and was hoping it could'a been a slight tad longer. Yeah, there's no pleasing me. I'm always wanted more when the story is sublime and in its element.
Karen Wellsbury
Nov 13, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really sweet take on rock star, enemies to lovers.
Dreamspinner Press: Moonlight Becomes You by M.J. O'Shea & Piper Vaughn 1 8 Apr 09, 2014 01:16PM

• Black Heart Down (Conquest, #5)
  • Reverb
  • The Missing Butterfly (Lovesongs, #1)
  • American Love Songs
  • The Curtis Reincarnation
  • The Dark Angels: With Wings
  • A Red-Tainted Silence (Red-Tainted Silence, #1)
  • Gasp!
  • The Far Away Years
  • Metal Heart
  • Entanglements
  • With the Band
  • Catch My Breath
Piper Vaughn is a queer Latinx author and longtime romance reader. Since writing their first love story at age eleven, they’ve known writing in some form was exactly what they wanted to do. A reader to the core, Piper loves nothing more than getting lost in a great book.

Piper grew up in a diverse neighborhood in Chicago and loves putting faces and characters of every ethnicity in their stories, ma

Lucky Moon (3 books)
  • The Luckiest (Lucky Moon, #2)
  • Moonstruck (Lucky Moon, #3)
“Sentì la voce di Jesse nella propria testa e provò a mandarla via. La sua vita era vuota, o meglio, piena. Piena di cose sbagliate: troppe droghe, troppo alcool, troppe avventure da una notte e senza nome. Tutte quelle stronzate che facevano parte delle fantasie sulle rockstar, ciò che ogni ragazzo desidera quando sogna la fama, quello che tutti si aspettavano da lui eppure, chissà come mai, l’ultima maledetta cosa che lui desiderava. Shane non ci aveva messo molto a capire che quello stile di vita non faceva per lui. Ma a quel punto non aveva più importanza: Jesse se n’era andato” 2 likes
“Il terreno sotto di loro praticamente vibrava a causa dell’inesauribile energia del pubblico, il che faceva ribollire il sangue a Shane e battere forte il cuore. Aveva sempre pensato che si sarebbe attenuata con il tempo, quella sensazione di rimanere senza fiato che lo assaliva appena prima di salire sul palco, invece era sempre lì, a ribollire sotto la superficie. Tuttavia il nervosismo che gli attorcigliava lo stomaco e che gli ricopriva di sudore la fronte era una novità. Beh, non del tutto. Semplicemente era da talmente tanto tempo che sperimentava ogni tipo di agitazione da palcoscenico, che aveva quasi dimenticato come ci si sentiva” 2 likes