Start by marking “Shanghaied” as Want to Read:
Shanghaied

Shanghaied

Jack wakes up, far at sea, shanghaied aboard the African freighter, SS Iron Prince. The ship's first call is a remote jungle port in Venezuela where ther
Published September 28th 2011 by iUniverse (first published September 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Shanghaied, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shanghaied

Start your review of Shanghaied
John Kerry
Feb 09, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Initial thought upon finishing the book

This book never cease to be amazing. I really loved this story and all the gorgeous characters in it. It was so thrilling to be back in this world to see how Jack Sligo face everything that is thrown at him in life. I never want this book to end. I wasn’t exactly sure what to expect in this. I found large parts of Shanghaied to be interesting and flushed with adventures.

What about the audiobook?

I listened to this, as always, via audiobook and I truly thin
Contemporary_literary_threads
'Shanghaied by David Collins' is a moving novel of a fifteen year old who wants to live a life like his grandfather tales. It is the second novel by the author in investigative thriller and this time I am completely blown away.
Jack Sligo wanted to explore the world like his Irish Grandfather and so he joins a crew at a cruise ship. Little did he know his life is going to get hit by giant, heavy waves. One morning, after he meets some strangers who offered him a mysterious drink a night before,
Eliza
Mar 05, 2021 rated it it was amazing
🌸First ever audiobook I am reviewing here with you all. We always read books but sometimes you should really take a break and enjoy some audiobook relaxing on your couch with a cup of coffee. You can enjoy this book with an amazing voice of the narrator that makes you feel that you are there in the scenes. This audiobook is worth listening, well written by David Paul and amazingly narrated by Andrew Tell.

🌸This book will take you to the adventure of a 15 year old boy, Jack Sligo who runs away fro
Social Librarian
Oct 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Book Name: Shanghaied

Genre: Semi fiction

Summary: When Jack Sligo runs away from his loving Boston-Irish family, he hopes to get a summer job on a cruise ship. His dream becomes a nightmare when he meets two strangers who give him mysterious drinks in a waterfront saloon.

Jack wakes up, far at sea, shanghaied aboard the African freighter, SS Iron Prince. The ship’s first call is a remote jungle port in Venezuela where there’s plenty of rum, women, and thieves, but no opportunity for escape.

My Opi
Justice Hill
Dec 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed-on-blog
Thank you so much to David Paul Collins for sending me a copy of his book in exchange for an honest review and for allowing me to on his books tour!

Upon starting the novel I noticed that the author’s voice immediately jumps out at you. It immediately hooks you in. We are first introduced to Jack as he is surrounded by family, but also plagued by thoughts of wanting more in life and wanting to be someone that goes on adventures. The pacing as we follow Jack along his journey was great. The moment
Somya jain
Oct 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shanghaied by David Paul Colllins is an award winning novel based on his own true story as a merchant seaman. Author has beautifully portrayed the role of protagonist Jack Sligo.

15 years old boy Jack Sligo runs away from his loving Boston-Irish family, in a hope to get summer job on a cruise ship. His dream becomes a nightmare when two strangers give him mysterious drinks in a waterfront saloon. .

Jack wakes up, far at sea, shanghaied aboard an African freighter. The ship’s first call is a remo
The Reviewera
Five Stars

One of the best books I have read this month!
Highly recommend it! I only leave positive feedback and reviews when I love the book.
Feel free to ask anything regarding this book.
A must read for sure.
Nishant Yadav
Feb 09, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Amazingly woven like an interesting spell. I didn't think this book was going to be this good. It was , as you might expect , engaging , a total different piece of art from every aspect.
It sets a very high bar for whatever he does that comes next.
Must Read
Ibjoy1953
Jun 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Just the thoughts of a fifteen year old boy waking up on an African ship with no idea how he got there give me chills, but that’s what happen to Jack Sligo in this story. And it is what happened to David Paul Collins in real life. Spellbound by his Irish grandfather’s tales of adventure, Jack Sligo had dreams of traveling around the world as part of the crew on a cruise ship. But did he dream of starting out this way?
“Shanghaied” is a novel based on the author’s own true story as a merchant sea
Nicole Collins
Dec 05, 2011 rated it it was amazing
So much fun to read! The descriptions are so colorful it's like you are watching a movie! Excellent story telling, I couldn't put it down. ...more
Rica
Quincy Carroll
rated it it was ok
Mar 09, 2016
David Paul
Nov 30, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Lauren Reilly

• Birth of the Fae: Locked Out of Heaven
  • The ABC's of Love
  • EMPOWER TO TRANSFORM: TRANSFORM TO EMPOWER
  • Brand New Start: Fast-Start Your Career with the Power of Personal Branding
  • Moonlight Secrets (Dark Inheritance, #1)
  • A God's Game
  • 4 Horsemen of the Great Metropolis
  • Extraction (Office Pool #2)
  • Seems Like Smooth Sailing
  • Orientation (Office Pool #1)
  • Confessions of a Middle-Aged Runaway: An RV Travel Adventure