Start by marking “Poison Heart” as Want to Read:
Poison Heart

Poison Heart

From the moment Katy sees Genevieve's beautiful face staring at her from a window, her life will never be the same. Wherever Katy turns, Genevieve is there - at school, with Katy's friends, and worst of all, in Katy's hot new boyfriend's life.

But Genevieve has a menacing side, a dangerous side, a threatening side that she only reveals to Katy: I'm your worst nightmare.

When
Published March 1st 2012 by Quercus Books (first published September 1st 2011)

Donna {Book Passion For Life}
Poison Heart follows the life of a girl named Katy and everything changes for her when she looks through a window on a bus and finds a girl starring right back at her. One of the first things Katy notices about this girl, is the colour of her eyes - there bright green and now everywhere she goes, those eyes seem to be following her. Katy becomes suspious of the girl and even more so when the girl whose name is Geneviève enrols in Katy’s college. And soon she tries to steal Katy’s life. Katy only ...more
DayDreamer
Mar 08, 2012 rated it did not like it
Gave up on page a hundred and something, so another fair shot at trying to dive into the story, but unfortunately I was left to do all the work when reading this because this story didn't pull me in.

The book is littered with said-bookisms. I am gobsmacked it even got published. And when I say littered, I literally mean LITTERED. It was rare to come across the word "said" and I mean rare. The book is riddled with "I muttered, I whispered, I grunted, I snapped, I responded, I commented, I murmere
SJH (A Dream of Books)
Very creepy and unsettling, 'Poison Heart' kept me guessing right up until the end. I love books which are slow burners until they suddenly throw a huge curveball at you which makes you rethink everything you thought you knew - this is definitely one of those books.

Katy believes that Genevieve is out to steal her life - her friends and her boyfriend Merlin. She sets out to discover the truth about her nemesis with the help of Luke, the boy next door who she's literally grown up with. As the stor
Liz
Apr 05, 2013 rated it did not like it

This is what I was constantly thinking while reading this book.

This book was a big yawn.
Long-winded, unrealistic, way too perfect characters with a too perfect world and sort of obvious development.
The book is so perfect, that is seems boring and dead to me.

Definitely nothing for me...If you want to read suspense and mystery books you should rather read Stephen King I think...

Kacey Kells
Oct 27, 2016 rated it liked it
I enjoyed the thrill. It's a very good book; it kept me on my toes, guessing to the end. I felt close to Katy, I felt her emotions, anxiety, outrage. Furthermore, the story is rather orinal... osciliating between irrational fears and logical explanations.
Kasia
Apr 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book, I was looking for something to read from my Nook library and the cover caught my eye enough to read the first few pages, I was glued to the story within a chapter and greedily continued it on my commute to work on Friday morning, by Saturday evening I was finished, it was intense,fun, thrilling, scary and intriguing to the end and for a YA read it was wonderful and it had enough substance for someone older than a teenager to appreciate.

Katy is a young girl with intens
Gemma Rawlings
Mar 16, 2018 rated it liked it
I was quite confused at the start and took a bit to get into, but I think once I got about half way through the book it got a little more interesting.
Lauren Ann
Mar 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
This book was amazing i loved it, i thought that the ending suited this book so well, but i would have liked more. For example a short paragraph on the next day.
PigiSi
Feb 24, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: own
It was kind of good but nothing extra super wow happened... 3stars
Laura Jannink
Aug 12, 2017 rated it liked it
What a great, thrilling start! Loved how the witchcraft theme was connected to the stalking because that made it all very mysterious and I couldn't put the book down. It all became very disappointing however when the story line went into a completely new direction halfway through the book, leaving the theme of witchcraft and elements of the fantastical behind.

Spoiler alert!!

I understand that much of the fantastical was in Katy's head and she sought too much into everything. Nevertheless, that d
Danielle Pountney
Dec 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
I've had this book on my shelf for a long time now and was looking for a one-off book rather than a series to read. I was sceptical at how much detail and story you could fit into one book, but poison heart had an intricate plotline and a good level of detail to stimulate my imagination to fill in the gaps.
While it did feel initially that there were some jumps from one place to another suddenly, these jumps decreased the further in I read until either they disappeared or I didn't notice them any
Joanne Mcvey
May 07, 2017 rated it it was ok
Was a pretty predictable book by the end. The whole book was rather confusing as I was unsure if it was trying to be a fantasy book or what... like it kept going on about witches and they had nothing really to do with it at all just a weird twin thing... Not one of my favourite books and doubt I'd read again.
Charlotte
Nov 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
When I first picked up this book I wasn't sure if I'd like it but it seemed like a nice quick read from the library. However, it completely exceeded my exceptions. There are a few issues in places such as Katy seeming to dislike Genevieve at first because the plot demanded it. Other than little things like that Poison Heart is a brilliant read that kept me on my toes throughout. I'd definitely recommend picking it up.
Nncc
Jun 05, 2019 added it
Shelves: t-b-r
Did the mam die in the end and if nothe what did Kate mean by they deserved to be buried togeather
Katie
Jul 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
So I first read this about 6 years ago and loved it.

It had been sitting on my shelf staring at me for a really long time when I decided to pick it up again and I'm so glad I did. I think I enjoyed reading it so much more for a second time.

The plot is amazing and moves along at a really good pace. It is very atmospheric and creepy, the first time I read it I felt like I had to keep looking over my shoulder as though somebody was always watching me even though I didn't leave my house either time I
Emma
Aug 21, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
Poison Hear by S.B. Hayes. This is another type of YA a book that gripped me from the start… Not just the cover, which looks great but the general storyline and plot of the book just seemed fresh and new from what I usually read. It was amazing… I’ll let my synopsis explain for itself…

Luminous green eyes stare at her from the opposite bus; they both state at each other…that’s where it all begins. Wherever Katy turns, Genevieve is there… Genevieve seems to want to ruin Katy’s life by invading her
Lucy
Feb 25, 2012 rated it really liked it
Katy Rivers' life finally seems to be picking up. She's dating Merlin, her school's resident artist hottie and has a great group of friends. However, when she sees a strange girl while on the bus with piercing green eyes, things begin to unravel. Add in a mysterious green pendant she receives from her indirectly and Katy starts to wonder if this new girl, Genevive, is entirely human and if she wants to take over Katy's life.

As Genevive worms her way into Katy's life through her friends, mother a
Holly
Jul 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing
WOW , that's all I can say really ...

But I won't let my review of this OSCAR worthy book end there ...

I have this habit of seeing a book shop , walking in , and then walking out with a book or two in my hands . This kind of thing happened to me when I was at an airport , and then I saw a WHSmiths ... I had already packed 2 or 3 books in my suitcase but I was only going for a week so i never really expected to finish 1 one of the books . Anyway back to the story , I was at an airport and I notice
Hanna
Sep 03, 2013 rated it liked it
Reviewed @ Girls Without a Bookshelf

I had high expectations of this book. Not only was the cover truly captivating, but it also seemed that the story line was one that I would definitely like. Poison Heart was full of mysteries with a dose of thrill. I must say that although I have enjoyed majority of the book, it did not deliver what I though was its full potential.

Poison Heart immediately drew me in from the very beginning. The curiosity inside me definitely won as I ended up wanting to know m
Embla Sol
Dec 25, 2016 rated it liked it
I have really mixed feelings about this book. the plot was interesting, I liked the main character and I was curios about how the story would evolve. But the writing was kind of simple, and the ending was dissapoiting. Overall this is a 3.5, but goodreads don't do half stars so it ended up as a 3.
Kate’s Book Spot
May 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I was lucky enough to win this book from a giveaway run by Bliss Magazine.

The dark and eerie cover really jumped out at me and I thought that the synopsis was intriguing so I was looking forward to reading it.

I was actually captured by the very first sentence:

“We were on the number fifty-seven bus when it happened – the moment that would change my life forever.”

This just got my mind working overtime wondering what could possibly happen on a bus to change her life forever, obviously I had to know
Charlie' (MyBooksAreCorrupted)
I'm your worst nightmare

Poison Heart follows the story of Katy whose life changes when she looks through a bus window and see's a girl staring straight back at her.

Who is the real Geneviève?

Now everywhere she goes Geneviève is there. But now, Geneviève has enrolled at Katy's college and she is intent on stealing Katy's life.

What are her secrets?

Katy has two best girl friends, but they are soon stolen by Geneviève and her only true friend is Luke, her older next door neighbour who she has know
Silje
May 16, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: ya, mystery, uk
I read this book earlier this summer at a time where I was struggling with most of the books I was reading. I decided to read something exciting and light and hoped this was the perfect book for me at the time. Well, it was in a way. The concept of the story is very good and the background with the beautiful and mysterious british rural landscape and old churches and cemeteries is perfect. Though the plot seems promising I think the story, characters and writing are to simple and superficial. Fi ...more
P A N ( is back )
*SPOILER REVIEW; DO NOT READ IF YOU ARE PLANNING TO READ THE BOOK*

I liked this book because it was quite intense at certain times because you didn't know what was coming next. But the plot of the story was very predictable even though the way it was written wasn't.

Poison Heart is about a girl called Katy who is starting college and on the way to college, on the bus, she sees a girl with green eyes stare back at her, and after that she follows Katy wherever she goes, and wants to get rid of Katy
kariny v
Feb 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015-challenge
find more of my reviews at http://karinysteenbooxfrenz.blogspot....

MY REVIEW

Katy's life is just starting to be perfect when her crush asks her out. That is until she looks out of the window and finds a girl staring back at her. The girl seems to be everywhere she is, on her street, at a fair and she even manages to get inside her house. Katy is sure she has a stalker so when her new boyfriend introduces her to that girl she starts to get worried about he relationship.

No matter how much Genevieve
Chelsea
Apr 24, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: ya, mystery
‘I’m everything you’re not and I’m going to take over your life… I’m your worst nightmare.’

Katy is convinced that a girl she had seen on a bus is following her every move. She believes that she is stalking her. Katy's life is almost perfect. She is dating the boy of her dreams and has great friends but that all changes when Genevieve turns up. She starts to flirt with her gorgeous new boyfriend and has turned her friends against her. What does she want? Why does she hate Katy so much? With the h
Kirsty
Jan 15, 2012 rated it liked it
This is going to be a short review so please forgive me. I have spent a long time getting my way through this because I have had so much else on this past few weeks. Therefore please don't take the length of this review (and time I took to read it - most of the people who read my reviews know I am normally a super speedy ready) as an indication that I didn't like it because I really did enjoy it.

I enjoyed several things about this book

I loved that you are never quite sure throughout the majority
Tash
Aug 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
This book started out really weirdly and I wasn't sure whether I should be intrigued or creeped out throughout different parts of this book.

I did enjoy it though, the story was well written and the secrets and mysteries of the book were revealed in all the right places with enough information to understand them but not enough to guess the whole storyline within the first few chapters.

I did key on to the fact that Katy and (view spoiler)
Kylie Simpson
Nov 29, 2011 rated it really liked it
God Bless my job, because it means I am lucky enough to get ARCs of books like this. As a 30-something reader, I sometimes cringe at the YA books, but this was really very good. It has been a while since I had read a good non-paranormal thriller for this audience (Cat Clarke's TORN was also exceptional), and the author did a great job of creating a suitably gothic ambience where you found yourself wondering if there actually was something supernatural going on. For me this was a throwback to Loi ...more
Sally
Feb 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya, mystery, england, creepy
« previous 1 3 next »

• Stolen Dreams (Cassie Scot #4)
  • Chasing Bristol (The Finding Trilogy #2)
  • Black Heart Blue
  • Hidden
  • Misplaced Affection
  • The Color of Snow
  • Take A Look At Me Now
  • The Kings of Charleston (The Kings of Charleston #1)
  • Oxford Shadows (The Oxford Saga, #2)
  • The Look
  • Secrets, Lies and Locker 62
  • Falling in Silence
  • Unrest
  • Spiegelkind (Spiegelkind, #1)
  • How to Keep a Boy as a Pet (Circe Shaw, #1)
  • First Light (Project Five Fifteen #1)
  • The Repossession (Repossession, #1)
  • Joe