Start by marking “The Silver Locket” as Want to Read:
The Silver Locket

The Silver Locket

When Jennifer finds her daughter is not home from school yet, her past flashed before her eyes with the memories of Jacy, love, death and becoming a mother at the age of sixteen.

Published September 30th 2011

To ask other readers questions about The Silver Locket, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Silver Locket

Start your review of The Silver Locket
ROBIN RUIZ
Mar 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sometimes , you read a book that will always stay with you ... this is one of those books!
When 15 year old Jenny’s parents move her to another town in her sophomore year , it’s time to start over , in an effort to make friends she falls in with a bad crowd .
Drinking , drugs, shoplifting , and lying .
Jacy is part of this crowd, he is the quintessential bad boy never one to work hard to get a girl to like him, he sets out to conquer Jenny and exposes Jenny to a world she never knew and she trusts
Tammie Browning
Nov 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A heartfelt must read

Once I started reading this I couldn't put it down. I would recommend this to anyone who enjoys a story about true love between teenagers. A story about family. This will have you feeling so many emotions from happiness to sadness and you need to have some tissues ready because you will need them. I usually only read a book once, I'm 47 years old and have only read one book multiple times and this will be the second one.
One of the best things is I can relate to the story. I
Jeri Walker
Jun 27, 2012 rated it liked it
The course of true love never did run smooth, and Marie Fostino’s young adult novel, The Silver Locket, tells the story of one teen girl’s unplanned pregnancy. Jenny’s life is uprooted when her dad takes a job that requires their family of seven to move to Oklahoma. As a sophomore, Jenny finds it very difficult to make new friends. She’s eventually befriended by a group of outcasts, but also faced with the moral implications of being in with the wrong crowd. Jacy, a boy who comes from a ...more
Zoe
Apr 14, 2013 rated it it was ok
When I responded to a Twitter feed in which I had the chance to read 'The Silver Locket', I was excited. Now having read it in a day on my Kindle, I was sadly disappointed.

We meet Jenny, a mother, who obviously cares for her daughter a great deal. She has a strong relationship with her mother Marie, who is a typical grandmother, baking cookies. Apruptly the narrative takes a turn as we meet Janie, Jenny's daughter, who is to be frank, wasn't what I expected.

And then I began to have issues with
Theresa Braun
Aug 11, 2012 rated it really liked it
Marie Fostino’s The Silver Locket is a wonderful read. The characters draw you right into the story, which is one concerning the issues of teen pregnancy. Jenny is a young sophomore who could be any sixteen-year-old girl, one who wants to be the best person she possibly can while at the same time not really fully knowing who she is. Things take a drastic turn for Jenny when her family must move to Oklahoma because of her father’s job. She has to leave her best friend behind and finds it ...more
Melanie Adkins
Mar 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Jenny's family was moving to Oklahoma. None of the kids seem to be happy about it but it meant a promotion for their dad. The move was easy, making new friends was not. Jenny just wanted to be back in her hometown with her best friend. Her mother understood but asked her to give it some time. Soon, Jenny met Jacy and his friends. They were part of what people in school considered the "bad crowd". It didn't take long for Jenny to fall in with the same bad habits they had. Drinking, smoking pot, ...more
Sandy Evans
Aug 17, 2012 rated it really liked it
I actually read this book in 2 days--couldn't put it down--or close it as it was on my computer "kindle".

Jenny is a young teenager, uprooted from her home when her father takes a job in the city. Being the "new kid" and a sophomore isn't easy as Jenny falls into the "wrong" crowd. Marie Fostino does a great job bringing the reader into the story. I won't spoil the ending--but have a box of kleenex nearby! My only complaint was a change and switching of the spelling of a main character name
Marla Madison
Aug 02, 2012 rated it liked it
Touching family drama by promising new author, Marie Fostino. Marie has the family roots and background
to fill her story with dozens of colorful, intimate moments. Dealing with teenage temptation and decision, the Silver Locket entertains with many poignant and insightful scenes and characters.
Z.
Aug 10, 2012 rated it liked it
Couldn't adjust to the writing style very well, but I enjoyed the story overall.

Full review available here: http://reachforthebooks.blogspot.com/...
Tammie Browning
Mar 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
One of the best things is I can relate to the story. I didn't feel like I
Renee
Jan 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love this book. Kept me so emotional

I love this book. I smiled and I cried. Jacy was the bad boy and Jenny was the sweet girl from church. She moved to a new town. Jacy had one of his friends to talk with Jenny. He had his eyes on her for awhile. Jacky introduced Jenny to smoking cigarettes, pot, alcohol, partying and sex. He didn't plan on fallen in love with her. She was just the flavor or the year.
I loved this book. Would tell you more but don't want to give to much away. I could re-read it
Dina
Dec 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing

WOW, what an inspirational and emotional story.

The Silver Locket tells of young love and consequences. Jenny learned so many important lessons while she is growing up and choices that she has to make.

I can totally understand this story. Author Marie Fostino wrote about something that happens more often than we want to admit. But, it is how it is handled and how supportive and loved we can make the person who is dealing with this feel. Always look at the blessings that can come out of these
Sue M. Van
Jan 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Well, I'm not sure what I want to say about this story. It's classic teens not considering consequences from their actions. However, it is also a story to touch the heart of the reader. A story of hope and love shared between two teens. A love that, although torn apart, stays with those most important in their lives. The story is full of love, lust, lessons learned. I would highly recommend this story mostly for teens but also for adults that need to see their lives in a different light.
Anna Russell
Jan 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
.I believe that teens should read this because it really is true to life. . The situations they may find themselves in and the immature choices they can/will make. And They need to know *** It does only take 1 time ***. It takes you into the mind of the boy, the girl, the mom, other teenage moms and their choices. I loved all of the lessons it teaches for parents and teens. .
LorettaLynn
Jan 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Heart felt

Such a great story, there really is no words. It was like being on a roller coaster ride filled with emotion. I'm glad I picked this up. Don't miss out on this one, you'll fall in love too!
Mary
Jan 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
The Silver Locket is a story of teenage love. Jenny is the good girl getting involved with the wrong crowd. Jacy is the boy from a broken home. The result is an unplanned pregnancy and how it was dealt with. The story was very emotional and heartfelt.
Staci
Dec 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Lifted by a blessing.
Remembering to live uplifted by ones blessings is a difficult task. Life can strike some seemingly unbearable blows. Yet faith can grant us the ability to find the hope to carry on. Thankfully with each bit of joy.
Sharon Ward
Jan 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Highly recommend

I couldn’t put it down started And finished it in one day. Very emotional, I cried, laughed and yelled a few times. The struggles of a teenager who is trying to find her way in life and the struggles of love and loss and being a single parent. Highly recommend this to everyone
Dawn Trepczyk
Jan 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Lovely

I absolutely loved this book. I highly recommend you read it. I will warn you there will be some tears. If you do read it I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.
OKbook Hoarder
Dec 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A beautiful book

This book is heartbreaking and bittersweet. I can relate to Jenny on many levels. I myself was a teen-mom. But what happens in this story is so sad.
Shannon Godwin
Jan 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow! This book is great! A very emotional book. This is a book about teenage love that you will not want to put down. It had me from the beginning all the way through the last page! Great book!
Linda Buzard-Moffitt
Jan 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Great Book though parts of it made me Mad, it wasn't the story it was the way the characters acted or their reactions to stuff that had happened. I enjoyed reading my 1st book by this author and hope to read more in the future.
Crystal
Dec 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
The Silver Locket is a beautifully written, emotional novel. The story was relatable and so touching. Great read!
Jessica Adkins-Charles {Bottles & Books Reviews}
The Silver Locket is a beautiful, heartwarming coming of age story of first love, loss, teenage pregnancy and the strength of family.

Jenny, new to town, is struggling to make friends until she meets Jacy and his gang of friends. While not the type of crowd Jenny usually associates with, her loneliness overcomes her and she finds herself drawn to them and most importantly to Jacy.

Jacy, a rebellious teen, thinks Jenny is the perfect girl for his school year fling. Jacy thinks of Jenny as sweet
Kelsey
Apr 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
I found the Silver Locket to be a very thought-provoking book. You can read the other reviews to get the gist of the plot, so I will focus more on the emotions and lessons I got out of it. This book reminded me a great deal of what it was like to be a young teenager, and it goes to show that no matter what kind of upbringing a teen may have, the paths they follow is still their choice. The story illustrates how easily and seamlessly a teen can go down the wrong path. Jenny was raised in a ...more
Nicole Dunton
May 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I just finished reading The Silver Locket. It is a Young Adult Romance novel written by Marie Fostino. A young girl moves to a new town when her father gets a job opportunity. She finds it hard to fit into her new school until she meets some other people who are misfits like her. She falls victim to peer pressure and finds herself in over her head.

I really loved this book. I loved the story line itself because it was so beautiful. I also loved the message it sends to teenagers out there. I feel
Neilliza Swaffar
Sep 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
*A copy given by author, in return for an honest review.*

The story starts out as a regular teenage story, but where it ends is something totally unexpected. This book had me laugh and cry. Even made me have butterflies in my stomach like a teenage in love.

This book is book is a beautiful story of a teenager girl falling in love for the very first time, with the school’s bad boy. This book goes through all her first experience on everything. From first smoke, drink to losing her virginity,
Abby Vandiver
4 1/2 Stars

There is always a place in your heart for your first love, no matter what the two of you went through together or how it ended. The Silver Locket tells such a story. It is a story of young love, coming of age and what life is all about - making mistakes, learning from them and moving on the best we can.

In the book Jenny and Jacy find themselves in love, experimenting with life and learning to face unlikely responsibilities at a young age. Fostino writes a very real story about teenage
Tia
"The Silver Locket" by Marie Fostino takes you on a roller coaster of emotions that any mother can understand, especially if you've dealt with teen pregnancy.

Jenny is a typical high school student that gets uprooted along with the rest of her family when her father changes jobs. SHe has a hard time fitting in until one day this girl from the "bad crowd" asks her to come sit with them. Jacy, a cute Native American guy, becomes interested in Jenny and shows her how to smoke, sneak out, and party
Susan
Apr 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed

People would stop Jenny and ask if the child she was with was her sister. "No this is my child." Yet the looks she got hurt her. She was 16 years old when her life changed forever. Despite being raised in a Christian home with strict religious values, some of her choices were careless, and they came with weighty
RDNG 636 Fall 2015: The Silver Locket 1 2 Oct 23, 2015 02:27PM

• Dangerous Games
  • Underneath My Innocence
  • Prepared
  • Survive (Sundown Series Book 2)
  • Alive (Sundown Series Book 3)
  • A Week at the Shore
  • Napalm & Silly Putty
  • More Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark (Scary Stories, #2)
  • Pan's Labyrinth: The Labyrinth of the Faun
  • More Tales to Chill Your Bones (Scary Stories #3)
  • Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark (Scary Stories, #1)
  • Bloodsworth: The True Story of the First Death Row Inmate Exonerated by DNA
  • Johnny Got His Gun
  • When I Was Yours
  • Promises of the Heart
  • Love You Now (Love Hurts, #2)
  • Orange Is the New Black