Start by marking “Raw Food” as Want to Read:
Raw Food

Raw Food

3.52  ·  Rating details ·  23 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
Meet Joe starting out on his first job as an animator in Soho, London's gay village. He hungers for a new life and a new love, which he never guessed would have come in the shape of the charismatic Francis, a raw food devotee and an alternative therapist of the colonic kind and the hottest man Joe has ever encountered.

Join their adventures in the West End Underworld where
ebook, 1st Edition
Published October 1st 2011 by Smashwords

To ask other readers questions about Raw Food, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Raw Food

Jenre
Oct 07, 2011 rated it liked it
Why I Bought the Book: The author friended me on Twitter and I followed a link to his Good Reads blog.  His posts were amusing and so I checked out the blurb of Raw Food, his self published book, and decided to buy.  This just goes to show what can happen if you target the right people people and also how boredom can be a dangerous thing for me :).

Plot: This short (which is about 21,000 words) tells the story of Joe who has recently started a new job in Soho, London.  On his way home from work h
Shannon
Mar 21, 2012 marked it as will-never-read
Saw this called the "butt banana" book.

o_O

::looks at Amazon reviews::

NOPE.
R.
Oct 08, 2011 rated it liked it
This book by James Austen is a short story fun read. I "met" Mr. Austen through other friends via twitter where he is as obsessed as I am (twittering) and a pretty funny guy. The premise for the book is a random meeting of young and older (really, 39 isn't that old :( in my book) at a raw food restaurant entrance. The things these guys get up to will either make you laugh your ass off or gag, sometimes it might be a bit of both. It was a fast read that I found myself smiling throughout.
Ella Courtez
Oct 25, 2011 rated it it was amazing
A fun read with many merits, a few typos but these are to be expected given that the author has no editor.

Kaethe
Jul 24, 2012 marked it as stricken
Attacked Kat on Twitter
Michael Joseph
Jul 27, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: gay-contemporary
You can find a full review of Raw Food on my blog.
Jan
Apr 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Having read the other reviews I approached this book with trepidation. Is Mr Austen out to purely shock or is there a deeper message here. The author openly states his own issues with mental health and the causes in his blogs and interviews. A brave man.

Whilst there were aspects of the storyline that were on the edge, they are handled in a comedic manner and I took no offense.

It is a good first attempt and the author seems to write from an informed and compassionate viewpoint. (We hope not too i
Boris Brannigan
Feb 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Delightful little read. Had me smiling all the way through. True.
Phil Ansell
Dec 08, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m-romance
Great little fun story, with really good characters.
Kram
Ruan Van heerden
Apr 08, 2013
Dave1962uk
Mar 16, 2012 rated it really liked it
Charismatic. I loved this short read. It had me laughing out loud which is always good
Dan S
Clair
Lisa
Codydiggs
Jul 28, 2012
James Austen has written two well received plays and adapted Oscar Wilde's "Happy Prince" for theatre and schools.
He has directed for the stage and acted on stage and television.
James regrets that has had too many careers, including that of drama teacher, but most he would rather forget.
Although James loves sleeping and can be incredibly lazy, when it comes to writing, he finds it hard to stop, an
More about James Austen...

“Did Anton try the carrots?”
“I believe so. Flavio seems happier, at least on that count, and I have noticed now that Anton shudders whenever he sees anything vaguely resembling a carrot. Which I think is rather sad, as they are a beautiful root vegetable.”
“Yes,” said Joe seductively, remembering the huge carrots back on the kitchen table.”
2 likes
“He climbed on the bed, lay back and raised his knees back to his chest, hoping that Francis' first sight on entering the curtain would be Joe’s hole inviting him in.
Maybe it was a reaction to shock or the close proximity of death or anticipation of Francis’ return, but Joe had never felt so turned on.”
1 likes