Start by marking “The Business of Pleasure” as Want to Read:
The Business of Pleasure

The Business of Pleasure

3.71  ·  Rating details ·  337 Ratings  ·  32 Reviews
If one call could set you on a trail to the heart of your darkest fantasy, would you make it? Charlotte does, and her bold decision propels her into a world where no desire is too outrageous, decadent or extravagant to be satisfied - for a price. Her own fantasy life merges with reality when she is hired to work for the shadowy organisation she first encountered as a clien ...more
Published September 19th 2010 by Xcite Books (first published September 13th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about The Business of Pleasure, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Business of Pleasure

Miz Love
Aug 08, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Business of Pleasure is a rip-roaring, rollercoaster ride of sexual indulgence; eloquently written, at times shocking, and always entertaining.

It’s a complex weave of tales, told in both the first and third person, and the consistent character, who we keep nipping back to, is Charlotte. Charlotte sets out to sate her darkest desires and ends up working for the company that promises to deliver the goods for even the fussiest of deviants. She’s a great character, horny and kinky, and has just
Willow
Nov 11, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book! I think Justine writes the most amusing smut. I always get the giggles whenever I read her stuff. I think most BDSM is written so serious nowadays. It's lovely to have a book that shows how fun it can be. :D
Jen O'grady
Jul 07, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The concept of this book was really interesting to me an exclusive word of mouth only Internet service that will let you act out your sexual fantasy no matter what that is, the book is tied together by the men who run the Internet service and Charlotte, a girl who wants to be dominated, Charlottes fantasy is bought to life by the two dominant men.
The book then goes onto to describe the ladies who use the internet service and the fantasies that they request.
It's a bit hard core in places and if y
Christine Williams
This story takes you on a tale of domination and submission. It is beautifully written and has great characters. Some of them I would love to meet, others I may not be quite so keen. The story is both entertaining and a little disturbing, the perfect combination for an erotic story. This is a book you should treat yourself to or maybe treat someone close, it could be well worth your while.
Stephy
Jan 13, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bdsm, favorites
This is a must read for everyone, there is something wonderfully lude on every page. I wish there really was a number, or maybe I should see about starting one. Oh, the possibilities. The characters intrigue the mind making you envision them as real people, a quality I enjoy in a book.
Saralyn
Dec 29, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
well-written erotica with a healthy dose of BDSM.
Jodie Carston
Mar 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this one. Going to look for other books by this author. A bit slow in places but on the whole really good.
Nathan Burgoine
I reviewed this for Erotica Revealed.

As a huge fan of short fiction, the first thing I want to say about Justine Elyot’s The Business of Pleasure is that it reads half as short fiction, and half as a novella – and that this “short fiction” half is a good thing.

The half that reads as a novella is about Charlotte – a submissive woman with a boring job who has decided to contact “the Number.” The Number is a business catering to the sexual desires of its clientele, and we see Charlotte live out her
Vicky Capper
Jan 19, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the first book that I have read by Justine Elyot and all I can say is Wow! The main story is about Charlotte a submissive who wants to be dominated by two men, so she contacts The Number. They are an organisation who makes fantasy in to reality for people no matter what or how detailed that may be.
Collins and Bryant have been looking for a submissive that will live up to what they need and they think they have finally found that in Charlotte so they set up the fantasy just as she has de
comfort
Oct 28, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Whilst I enjoyed the premise of this story, I sometimes thought the author tried a bit too hard to mention every kind of sex act she could come up with, which is not actually a bad thing, but because they are short stories you have to pack a whole lot in.

Because this is written like a series of short stories with re-occurring characters in every other story she has the ideal chance to write lots of different smexy goings on and not making the reader bored as the protagonists keep changing.

The ma
Rebecca  Porter
Nov 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: erotica
Another winner from Justine Elyot. This one blends experiences from a female character calle Charlotte with experiences from individuals who pay for the services her company provide - bringing sexual fantasies to life. Personally, I found myself far more interested in the stand alone fantasy stories than in Charlotte's adventures. I think the reason for that is just variety, that's all. There really is something for everyone in here and that's also what makes the book so appealing. My only criti ...more
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
Ugh, to be honest, I'd give this .5 stars, but being generous I'll go with 1

I mainly got it because after reading the description, it sounded interesting. But, I just couldn't get into it. The POVs switches were distracting, confusing, and really annoying toward the end. It jumped around a lot, so it was hard to get into the main characters. And maybe I'm being a weee bit petty here, but the fact that the 1st chapter started out with terms like "pleasure portal" and "triangle of fleece" just set
Pat
Nov 12, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: spanking
I love the concept at the base of this book. Actually I wish the number really existed and that any and all fantasies I have could be experienced that way... Or experience the pleasure to work there as an employee...

Well, until you get so lucky, I sincerely recommend this read to anyone curious and open about, oh well, everything. The spankings are gutsy and the sex scorching, but, even better the ideas are rocking.

Great collection of stories that deserved to be read and talked about!
Bridget
Feb 07, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: smut
There are many stories in this book, tied together by one overarching plot. This was a fine way to organize the book, but there were far too many happy endings. And not the sexy kind. I mean, I guess there were those too, but you know?

Anyway, the smut quality was good. Raunchy, but not too raunchy. I'm giving it smut-stars.
Claire Sayan
Sep 27, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
First off, I'm not a prude. This book just used the kind of language that made me think 'urgh' on each and every page.
The story of Charlotte, a submissive with 2 'masters' is told every other chapter with a different spin off, sexual fantasy chapter in between. I almost abandoned this several times but didn't so I suppose it can't be THAT bad, just want for me. Sorry.
Jane O'Reilly
Aug 15, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The story of Charlotte, a young submissive, and her relationship with Collins and Bryant, two older dominants who run a company that organises sexual fantasy fulfilment events for women. Smutty throughout, often shocking, what interested me most about this book was how Charlotte's story was interwoven with the stories of various clients. Very clever. Recommend.
Mandy Beyers
Oct 03, 2011 rated it liked it
Recommended to Mandy by: Stephy
I enjoyed Charlotte's story, as well as the client vignettes, but I found the POV shifts to be disconcerting. I would have probably rated this book higher if the transitions had been smoother and pulled the disparate parts of the book together in a clearer way.
Stefanie Fischer
One of the filthiest books I ever read, but I really enjoyed the read. Lot’s of secret fantasies fulfilled and Justine Elyot’s way of filling your head with imagination is just marvelous! Loved it and would recommend it to everyone who enjoys some real kinky stuff!
Toni ~married to a hunk~
So i read this book and tried to understand it but it did not make sense. It was setup that every other chapter was not about the main characters and that drove me crazy. I didn't need to know about other people. I don't think that I will read any more by this author.
Stephanie Robinson
I dont normaly read these types of books and I very realy read this one
Megan Taylor
Mmmmm ok - not my kind of book, wouldn't read again.
Donna
Jul 17, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fifty shades hasn't got a look in. This was a freebie with a good title. Little did I know..........
Annie Ribeiro
it was more short stories that were linked by the same characters that did different sexual fantasies per chapter.Kept me interested but knew it was a one time book.
Sandy
Jun 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
bang tidy!
Kitty Harriet
May 11, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Excellent- erotica with a preoper story and lots of shock factor
Gail
Jul 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed the stories about Charlotte the best, although some were a bit brutal.
I was happy for the HEA, and that both Dom's found the perfect sub in Charlotte.
M.A. Stacie
Apr 03, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paperback
Eeep! That was a hot one!
Stephh
Jul 20, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wow... All that needs to be said!! X
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
Goodreads Librari...: mislabeled as Kindle vs ebook … wrong cover art 4 155 Jul 30, 2016 08:43AM
  • The Initiation of Ms. Holly (The Mount, #1)
  • Maid To Order
  • Obsession: The Hollow Universe
  • A Girl's Adventure
  • The Dom Prize  (The Dominants Series 1)
  • Three in the Dungeon (Dungeon #3)
  • Restless Spirit
  • The Finest Line
  • Edge Play X
  • Bossy Request
  • Control
  • A Fine Profession (The Chambermaid's Tales, #1)
  • Do Not Disturb
  • Cuffing Kate (12 Shades of Surrender Series)
  • Red
  • The Dom on the Naughty List (Badass Brats, #1.5)
  • Sweet Jealousy: A BDSM Domination/Submission Romance (Episode #1)
  • Dark Mercy (Masters of Mercy #1)
I am Justine Elyot. I love to write erotica and erotic romance. Elements you are likely to find in my work include: moustachioed melodrama villains, whips, wisecracks, knights in tarnished armour, damsels under duress, lovers, leather, aquiline features, references to popular songs. I massively overuse qualifiers like ‘really’, ‘quite’, ‘actually’ etc. and can’t resist the temptation to substitute ...more
More about Justine Elyot...