Start by marking “Nopeming Shores” as Want to Read:

Nopeming Shores

This edition is no longer available for sale.

Nopeming Shores by Margie Church with J. Andrew Lockhart

An IED snuffed out Gabe Holliway's life, but couldn't destroy his love. Using his unique gift, Gabe struggles to help his young wife, Lily, rebuild her shattered future.

But when Gabe's ghost reaches out to her, Lily fears she's lost her last hold on sanity. Can she trust wh
Published October 3rd 2011 by Noble Romance Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Nopeming Shores, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Nopeming Shores

Oct 04, 2011 rated it it was amazing
It’s rare to have a book capture your heart like Nopeming Shores did mine. Margie Church weaves a tale so breathtakingly beautiful it hurts. I knew going in that this was going to be an emotional ride. The journey of a widow coping with the untimely death of her husband in the war could never be an easy one. But watching Lily grieve was such an authentic experience for me. The complexity of Lily’s emotions, the conflict, the longing all ring true for anyone who has lost someone dear. Gabe, as a ...more
J.S. Wayne
Oct 06, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anyone who enjoys a heartfelt, touching, real story.
Recommended to J.S. by: Authors Margie Church and J. Andrew Lockhart
Pros: Beautiful. Haunting. Emotional. This story will stay with you long after you read the last line, and really displays the versatility and amazing emotional pitch that Margie Church lends to her writing. Nopeming Shores, despite its length, is solid competition for Nicholas Sparks' best work. This site doesn't have enough stars to give this heartrending novel its due.

Cons: Not. A. Damn. One.

Other Thoughts: Margie Church grabs her reader's heartstrings early and doesn't let go while she depic
Jo Ann Marie
Oct 16, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Luxury Kindle Read. Just started, has Romance, Poetry, I need not more.
My Bedtime story this week.
KevaD
Oct 31, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Nopeming Shores is a superbly crafted tale sure to enthrall readers. Just have plenty of Kleenex handy.
However, it is the masterful infusion of Andrew J Lockhart's unique poetry that takes this book from a satisfied read on your bookshelf to centerpiece on your coffee table in order to share and discuss this novel over tea with your friends.
Yeah. This book's that good.
Darcy
Nov 13, 2011 rated it it was amazing
By: Margie Church & J. Andrew Lockhart

My Blurb:

Gabe Halloway’s life was wiped out in an instant by a IED. But his love for his wife Lily
couldn’t be forever erased. Using his unique gift, Gabe comforts Lily in her journey through her
grief , her devastating loss, and toward the rebuilding of her fractured world.
But when Lily questions her own sanity when Gabe’s ghost reaches out to her will she trust what
her heart tells her is true? They say love transcends death, and will Lily
Raquel Vega-Grieder
Dec 22, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Before I give you my review I must warn you. When reading Nopeming Shores make sure you have a box of tissue's handy. Trust me, you are going to need them. Margie weaves such a heart wrenching tale that you just can't walk away from. I too have lost someone near and dear to my heart and so I could totally relate to Lily's plight (could also be part of the reason I cried so much....^_^).

Lily Holliway is a widow grieving over the lose of her husband. Everywhere she turns she feels like she is drow
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
Originally posted at: http://longandshortreviews.blogspot.c...

He's watching her from the afterlife. He may have died, but she's dead inside. Losing him creates devastation that doesn't seem to ever go away. Can he possibly help her in his spirit state?

Mysterious things start happening. Can she figure out what's going on, and receive the message that has crossed the veil to reach her?

Lily Holliway was in love with her husband Gabe and still is. When he died a soldier in Afghanistan, her love carr
Carla-Book Monster Reviews
Feb 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Nopeming Shores is a beautiful and heart-wrenching story about a woman who lost the love of her life and trying to go on without him.

Lily Holliway lost her husband Gabe to a violent and horrible death. Knowing how horrible his death was just makes Lily's pain all the worse. Everywhere Lily goes, including work, is filled with memories of Gabe and the pain and hurt of losing him has become overwhelming.

Gabe Holliway has been given a chance to come back as a ghost to help his wife Lily get throug
Margie Church
Oct 03, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Nopeming Shores is a riveting tale of a love that transcends death. There are moments of devastating sadness, joy, laughter, and intense passion as the drama plays out. This romance is destined to become a favorite.
Elizabeth
Jun 11, 2013 rated it liked it
In this story we are given Lily, a broken woman who struggles daily with the devastating loss of her husband and soul mate, Gabe, during the war in Afghanistan. These two characters represent thousands of military families who make the sacrifices which most are unaware of. These spouses place themselves in danger to protect and fight for freedom, while their families are at home watching the news and feeling their resolve break when their world crumbles. War is an ugly thing no matter which way ...more
Crystal Trent Dotson
Nov 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Lily, loses her husband Gabe, in a horrible way, she is having a terrible time moving on, everywhere she looks or goes there are constant reminders of there love, all the while Gabe is a ghost watching as his wife falls apart. He tries to leave hints of his presence, but Lily thinks she's going crazy. They have one chance to be together for the last time, but will Lily think she's lost it and run away and never have the chance to say goodbye to Gabe, or will she believe her eyes and spend one f ...more
Literati Literature Lovers
Dec 06, 2012 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Contemporary
Elizabeth's Review posted: http://literatiliteraturelovers.com/2...
Dominique Eastwick
Melissa Lynch
Dec 10, 2017
Shari
Jul 19, 2013
If you enjoy contemporary erotic romances that'll capture your imagination, try one of my books. I write M/M, M/F, menage, polyamorous, BDSM, and paranormal genres. Most of my books have a strong suspenseful element. I am 2011 GLBT Author of the Year at Loves Romances Cafe. I'm a Facebook addict and I don't want treatment! I've been married three decades to the only man on Earth who could put up w ...more