Start by marking “The Brenda Diaries” as Want to Read:
The Brenda Diaries

The Brenda Diaries

Meet Brenda. A temp with a bad attitude, but an excellent work ethic.

Nook, 0 pages
Published October 3rd 2011 by SugarMissile, LLC (first published October 2nd 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Brenda Diaries, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Brenda Diaries

Clementine
Feb 28, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2012, fiction
Brenda is a professional temp with a terrible attitude. She works random assignments in Los Angeles. While she remains fairly stoic in each work environment, her diary entries reflect her true feelings: about her zany employers, and about her sort-of boyfriend, Jared, and her sort-of roommate, Maya. As Brenda navigates the post-college world of uncertainty, readers are privy to her insights about what it is to be smarter than the work you’re being paid for–and how to survive it.

I first discovere
Colleen
Oct 06, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: older teens, adults
I knew that I would enjoy The Brenda Diaries from the first entry that I read. Margo has created a character so real that you swear you just went to lunch with her. I really loved all of the tangible qualities of Brenda. Not to mention her take no bull attitude and tell it like it is snark. As you read The Brenda Diaries, you will feel like you are breaking all of the rules of social etiquette by breaking into her diary. Now, one would think you would feel a little bad, but don't worry, you won' ...more
Yulande Lindsay
Dec 25, 2012 rated it did not like it
What an utterly colossal waste of time. No likeable characters, little character growth, no plot, no payoff ultimately. AND THEN the author writes this in diary form and the procedes to retell the story in TWITTER format. I can only surmise that she wants to contrast the narrators' two selves, with the diary self being the true self and TWITTER self being the public, snarky one. DID NOT WORK. MERELY ANNOYING and...this cannot be emphasised too much...A COLOSSAL WASTE OF THE READERS' TIME!!!! Als ...more
Erinn
May 10, 2017 rated it did not like it
I just couldn't get through this book. This is one of the most disjointed uneventful books I've ever read. The main character is a temp who spends the entirety of the book judging everyone in her diary. I can't imagine why anyone would waste their time being around her. Although this is supposed to be humorous, I just found it terribly unpleasant and totally lacking in plot.
Livin' la  Vida Latina
Dec 18, 2012 rated it really liked it
Reviewed by: Sandra L.

Review: Meet Brenda, a temp office assistant living from paycheck to paycheck, reflecting on how much work sucks. In her diary, we get to know all the day-to-day aspects of her world.

I liked Brenda a lot. She’s a savvy, intelligent woman with strong work ethics, but she doesn’t have life quite figured out. Who does, right? Still, the girl struck me as someone with a good head on her shoulders. At times, I suspected that Brenda suffered from a low self-esteem. Why else would
Samantha March
May 01, 2012 rated it really liked it
I received a copy of The Brenda Diaries in exchange for an honest review.

Summary:
Meet Brenda…A temp with a bad attitude, but an excellent work ethic.

Working assignments all around Los Angeles, Brenda was the official purse holder for a high powered event planner, has had an employer ask about her ovulation cycle, worked as a kiosk gypsy at an upscale mall and suffered as the reluctant muse for a frustrated architect who'd rather write screenplays on company time.

Off the clock, Brenda's boyfrien
Beverly Diehl
Really divided about this book. I loved the character's voice and snarky observations.

What was hard for me to hook into was there didn't seem to be any purpose or story. If I compare, say, Bridget Jones' Diary, that had the "bones" underneath of being a contemporary knock-off of Pride and Prejudice. Brenda worked, and had funny anecdotes about her weird jobs and co-workers, but I couldn't figure out what she wanted or cared about, or see a story, or a character arc.

I've read another story by thi
Lisanne
Feb 15, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013
I didn't like this book at all. It only has 106 pages, so I though this would be a fast read. Well it certainly was not. First of all I didn't like the main character, Brenda, at all. Second, I felt like there was o story in the book. It's called the Brenda Diaries, and that's what is is, a diary. To me it felt like it was just a book with some random notes out of a diary. I wouldn't recommend this book.
Ally
Mar 14, 2012 rated it really liked it
Total fun, but way more than that. Transported back in time to those carefree years that didn't feel carefree at the time, and Brends makes me remember why.
I enjoyed the format as well, was expected all diary entries but pleasantly surprised by the "twist" on the storytelling. I thought it was fresh adn would defininetly recommend!
mdt
Oct 03, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: chick-lit
A funny, sarcastic and totally believable novel in diary form about a temp trying to figure out her work life and her love life at the same time. The twitter feed (@BrendaDiaries) is hilarious, too, and well worth following. I can’t wait to read the next installment in Brenda’s messy life.
Maisie
Mar 14, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: chick-lit, fiction, 2012
This was a fun read, my only complaint is that it ended too soon. I wanted to know what happened next. Brenda was an interesting character, and I could relate to having Maya's in your life.
Valerie
Aug 05, 2012 rated it really liked it
This story really doesn't have much of a plot, but I really enjoyed Brenda. I think we could be friends.
Amanda
Sep 03, 2012 rated it liked it
Fun, quirky read. Would love to know what's next for Brenda.
Juliet
rated it did not like it
Feb 21, 2016
Claire Matthews
Mar 18, 2012
Lindsay (Turning the Pages)
Oct 14, 2011
Apr 15, 2012
Stacy Pelletier
Aug 01, 2012
*~Can't Stop Read...: Wednesday Freebie 1 10 Mar 13, 2012 01:53PM
The Book Club for...: Special Smashwords Offer for The Brenda Diaries 1 4 Oct 21, 2011 11:42AM
Indie Book Collec...: Meet Brenda... 2 38 Oct 10, 2011 10:19AM
The Book Club for...: Meet Brenda.... 1 6 Oct 03, 2011 04:03PM
Indie Book Collec...: Author for Q&A, Ebook for Review 1 13 Oct 03, 2011 03:50PM
Margo Candela is the author of five novels, The Brenda Diaries (SugarMissile, Oct. '11), Good-bye To All That (Touchstone, July '10), More Than This (Touchstone, Aug '08), Life Over Easy (Kensington, Oct '07), Underneath It All (Kensington, Jan '07).

Margo is currently working on her next novel as well as working on a three book Young Adult series.