Start by marking “Supernatural Fairy Tales” as Want to Read:
Supernatural Fairy Tales

Supernatural Fairy Tales

3.74  ·  Rating details ·  46 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
Fairy Tale inspired paranormal short stories.

These 9 Supernatural Fairy Tales are not retellings of the original fairy tales but were inspired by them. They are paranormal themed stories about vampires, ghosts, mermaids, witches, and more, in genres ranging from romance to thriller. And fair warning: they don't always have a happy ending.

Amazon Kindle: http://www.amazon.co
Nook, 0 pages
Published September 30th 2011 by Pixie Punk Press (first published September 29th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Supernatural Fairy Tales, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Supernatural Fairy Tales

Dorlana
Oct 05, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
I’m very excited to announce that my paranormal anthology, Supernatural Fairy Tales, is now available. There are 9 short stories, which were inspired by classic fairy tales - Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland, The Emperor’s New Clothes, Rumpelstilzchen, The Little Mermaid and more. These short stories are not retellings of the original tales but were inspired by them. They are paranormal themed stories about vampires, ghosts, mermaids, witches, etc., in genres ranging from romance to thriller. An ...more
Chris
There are usually a slew of freebies for your Kindle (or your app). I'm not talking about classic, but recent books. Most of them are independet or self published, and in particular with some of the self-published books you know why quickly.

Sometimes, you find gems like this one.

Vann's collection of short stories are drawn from fairy tales or fairy tale literature (see Alice on the cover). "The Vampire's New Suit", "The Gift" and "Blueberry Eyes" are my favorites. Sadly to tell you anything abo
Melindeeloo
Oct 23, 2011 rated it liked it
Three good reads stars = I liked it:) The author offered this collection of fairy tale inspired short shorts to Goodreads member for the month of October (just click the green download button on the book's page).

Supernatural Fairy Tales is collection of quick little fairy tale inspired supernatural tales wit3h just enough setup for each short short story to set the hook and deliver the twist. This is an entertaining little read (the stories only take up the first 68% of the download), but not a
Rebecca
I really enjoyed Supernatural Fairy Tales. Each story was really quick and I read the book in no time. I thought all the stories were highly entertaining and brilliantly written.
I found it so easy to read each story because the endings were so good. The story was really amazing and then you would get to the end and I found that the endings of each story just surprised me and blew me away completely. They were fantastic.
Another thing I loved was that in the back of the book were little pieces abo
Greenfairylv
Apr 09, 2012 rated it really liked it
Nine short stories with a dark spin inspired by fairytales. They are full of clever twists and some are just down right freaky and creepy, which is a good thing.

This book is really hard to talk about without giving away some spoilers. I'll just say it was entertaining. I reread Forbidden Beach as soon as I finished it and I'm still talking about The Vampire's New Suit.

I personally Loved..Loved..Loved..Forbidden Beach. I got swept away by that story and forgot for a moment this was a dark fairyta
Eustacia Tan
Oct 16, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebook
This book is an interesting take on the supernatural aspect of fairy tales, essentially taking them to their darker extremes.

I enjoyed reading the stories, and the length of each short story felt perfect, just like a traditional fairy tale. I think my favourite, and the saddest story would be Blueberry Eyes, which is a really interesting and well written sequel to Hansel and Gretel.

However, it seems as though all the stories have to have a twist, which made it a little predictable in terms of
Nathalie Brault
Nov 28, 2011 rated it really liked it
I absolutely loved all the stories in this book, they were a fast and easy read for those nights where you just don,t want to break your head with hard to understand stories of whodunits.

If you're in between 2 books, then this little baby is perfect for you. The stories are just dark enough to fulfill your need of supernatural love. The author is a great writer and will keep you wanting for more.

There is only one negative thing about the book, it's that it wasn't long enough, I could have kept
Merissa (Archaeolibrarian)
Here is a collection of supernatural short stories, all based on old fairy tales. From an adult Hansel and Gretal to the Emperor's New Clothes, it's all here. Each story only takes a few minutes to read and there are nine in total. If you like fairy tales, short stories and the paranormal, give this a shot.
P.S. Winn
Mar 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed the tales in this book. Yes, they are fairy tales, but they have the horror streak that readers are going to love. Paranormal, supernatural and a bit of grim stories that remind you of fairy tales if they were in the twilight zone. I think the author did a great job making the short stories feel like a complete story and leaving the reader spellbound.
Bill Herman
Apr 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Tales

A most enjoyable read of supernatural fairy tale stories that will hold the interest of of many readers. There are a number of excellent tales but there is of course some that are mediocre. I recommend you give it a try.
Sheryl
Apr 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This book of short stories is great when you don't have the time for a long read. All fairy tale themed with a supernatural element, the stories are enjoyable and entertaining.
Beth
Apr 26, 2017
Kelly
Jan 09, 2012
  • The Queen of Frost and Darkness
  • The Seer (Deadly Fairy Tales #1)
  • Snow White (Grimm Curse #3)
  • Sorcha's Heart
  • Hunter Moon
  • My Twisted Drink
  • Zan (Spiritdell, #1)
  • Sister Emily's Lightship and Other Stories
  • The Rhine Maiden
  • Happily Ever After (Girls to the Rescue, #1)
  • Swan Sister: Fairy Tales Retold
  • 8: The Previously Untold Story of the Previously Unknown 8th Dwarf
  • Ghost Stories
  • The Brothers Grimm: From Enchanted Forests to the Modern World
  • Irish Fairy Tales
  • The Blood Gate
  • BiteMarks
  • Twelve Fair Kingdoms
Dorlana Vann writes contemporary novels for teens and adults. Her inspirations are fairy tales, the supernatural, and classic romantic comedies – sometimes combining all three in the same story. She writes weekend reads that have been described as inventive, creative, and fun.

She loves fun plot twist, the unexpected, the surreal, and the unreal. She hopes to take the reader, if only for a couple

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• World After (Penryn & the End of Days, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fortune's Rising (Outer Bounds #1)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days, #1)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • End of Days (Penryn & the End of Days, #3)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • The Beginning of the End (Apocalypse Z, #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Going Wild (Going Wild #1)
  • Renegade: The Lost Books, Book 3
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Awakening (The Vampire Diaries, #1)
  • Making History
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Godsgrave (The Nevernight Chronicle, #2)
    $10.99 $2.99
  • Carve the Mark (Carve the Mark, #1)
    $10.99 $1.99
    $12.99 $3.99
  • Enchantress (Evermen Saga, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Glass Magician (The Paper Magician Trilogy, #2)
  • Let the Right One In: A Novel
  • Come Out Tonight
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Iron Trial (Magisterium #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • First Drop of Crimson (Night Huntress World, #1)
  • Fawkes
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Sticks & Stones (Upside-Down Magic #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Hidden Relic (Evermen Saga, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Soul of the Fire (Sword of Truth #5)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2)
  • The Witch's Vacuum Cleaner and Other Stories
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Last Namsara (Iskari #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Rift Uprising (The Rift Uprising Trilogy #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Girl from Everywhere (The Girl From Everywhere, #1)
  • A Game of Thrones: The Graphic Novel: Volume One
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Temple of the Winds (Sword of Truth Book 4)
    $9.99 $2.49
  • The Witch's Daughter (The Witch's Daughter, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Winter King: A Novel of Arthur (Warlord Chronicles)
  • Journey to the Center of the Earth
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Riot (Peter Grant, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Venom in the Veins (Elemental Assassin, #17)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The City of Brass (The Daevabad Trilogy, #1)
    $11.99 $1.99
  • I, Robot
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Wizard's First Rule (Sword of Truth, #1)
    $8.99 $2.49
  • Running with the Demon (Word & Void #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Infomocracy (The Centenal Cycle, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Atopia Chronicles (Atopia, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Stone of Tears (Sword of Truth Book 2)
    $9.99 $2.49
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Broken Pride (Bravelands, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Quicksilver (The Baroque Cycle, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sweep in Peace (Innkeeper Chronicles, #2)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Player of Games (Culture, #2)
  • Immortal: Love Stories with Bite
    $8.99 $1.99
  • The Book of the Unnamed Midwife (The Road to Nowhere, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Witch's Reign (Desert Cursed, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Into the Fire  (The Thin Veil #2)
  • The Sudden Appearance of Hope
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Path of the Storm (Evermen Saga, #3)
  • Rite of Passage