Start by marking “Where Rainbows End” as Want to Read:
Where Rainbows End

Where Rainbows End

3.95  ·  Rating details ·  85,238 Ratings  ·  8,708 Reviews
Rosie and Alex are destined for each other and everyone seems to know it but them. Best friends since childhood, they separate as teenagers when Alex and his family relocate from Dublin to Boston. Like two ships always passing in the night, Rosie and Alex stay friends, and though years pass and weddings, funerals, and baptisms take place, the two remain firmly attached via ...more
Published November 8th 2004 by Harper Collins (first published 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Where Rainbows End, please sign up.
V. Sam fits the character Alex pretty good I guess.
Tessie He had loved her all along. He had loved her all his life, so I think that he may had have difficulty distinguishing loving her and being in love with…moreHe had loved her all along. He had loved her all his life, so I think that he may had have difficulty distinguishing loving her and being in love with her. Also not wanting to risk such a beautiful and lifelong friendship to be replaced with a awkward silence. He valued Rosie too much to risk something that he wasn't sure she had wanted. (less)

Sasha Alsberg
This book was...okay. It wasn't bad, it did make me laugh and giggle a bunch which saved this book for me! Although, there was a major downfall for me:
The first 100 pages were really good!
The next 100 pages were slowing down and getting draggy
The next 219 pages went at a frustrating snails pace until FINALLY the last page had what the whole book was leading up to.
I am disappointed by Love, Rosie because it could've been SO MUCH better if it wasn't so slow and draggy. At the end I didn't like Al
valee
Nov 22, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cont-romance
OMG, how to rate this book?

How can we be able to love a book so much but at the same time completely hate it? It was just so frustrating... I know, I know, I'm a sucker for HEAs and it makes me insane when I don't get them or when it takes too long for the main characters to achieve it. And this is definitely the case here. Be sure you are in a very patient mood before starting this read because you'll get many and many impediments on that HEA's.

Don't get me wrong, I really adored this book a
Zoë
Mar 04, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Book 25/100 for 2015

This was such a cute book! Although this was a pretty long book for a contemporary, it covered the lives of Rosie and Alex from ages 5 to 50 and I remained interested in their story the whole time. I loved these two characters but at the same time I wanted to smack them over the head several times for being so stupid.
As for the writing style, it is written in the forms of letters, emails, chat rooms (hahaha who even uses those even more?) and instant messages. This took me a
Clau R.
Sep 02, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
El libro me gustó muchísimo y el final me sacó lágrimas de felicidad, PEEEERO le quité una estrellita porque la mayor parte del tiempo me la pasé MUY frustrada con los personajes, ¡fue demasiado tiempo, DEMASIADO!
Patricia Carstairs
Desde hace tiempo que quería leer este libro porque supe que habría película y que los protagonistas serían Lily Collins & Sam Claflin pero lo pospuse mucho tiempo, en fin, hoy (técnicamente son las 2:00 am así que creo fue ayer...) lo empecé y bueno, horas después lo acabé y así estoy ahora mismo:
description
Me devoré el libro porque esas cartas/emails/postales... eran tan enganchantes (a pesar que al principio me estresó por lo mismo) y más que nada porque me moría por saber cuándo demonios Rosie &am
Liam
Nov 06, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
WHAT A BEAUTIFUL BOOK I AM SO EMOTIONAL RIGHT NOW

basically, this book was an absolute roller coaster ride filled with extreme frustration and a severe case of toying with my emotions, but I am very much pleased with the ending of this book.

The writing style and the way that this book was organised and made up completely of letters, emails, instant messages etc was brilliant. I must admit it took a while to get used to but when you do it works so well and makes the story so much more interesting
Kelly (and the Book Boar)
Find all of my reviews at: http://52bookminimum.blogspot.com/

2.5 Stars

Once again it appears I’m the solo gal who didn’t absolutely fall in love with this book. Shaddup and let me ‘splain myself.

But first, let’s cover the synopsis for those who aren’t familiar with the story (which could easily be the case since this book has been published under THREE different titles).

Commercial Photography

Alex and Rosie have been besties since Kindergarten. They’ve managed to remain friends despite of the best efforts of Ms. Bi
Ramona
Jan 23, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

I have a week spot for best friends turn lovers books and after a friend recommended me this one, I was very curious to read it. I wanted something nice and easy, to just spend a weekend in bed reading.
This was my first book from Cecelia Ahern and after hearing so many amazing things about her, I had to crack the ice and see for myself.

Meet Rosie and Alex, 2 best friends that share with us their funny and sad moments. Why share? Because the book is made of letters, emails, notes and postcards!
aria [dear darling reader]
"Life is funny isn’t it? Just when you think you’ve got it all figured out, just when you finally begin to plan something, get excited about something, and feel like you know what direction you’re heading in, the paths change, the signs change, the wind blows the other way, north is suddenly south, and east is west, and you’re lost. It is so easy to lose your way, to lose direction. And that’s with following all the signposts”

This book... gave me so many damn feellllssss... so many fucking
Maria Espadinha
Oct 19, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Tarde Demais!...

Rosie e Alex desde muito jovens que se amam profunda e verdadeiramente!
Porém, em vez de juntos e felizes, encontram-se a milhas um do outro, trocando cartas e emails.

Porque razão Alex e Rosie terão soterrado esse seu belo sentimento partilhado, ao invés de o soltarem e explorarem, como seria lógico e expectável?!

Comecemos por dissertar um pouco sobre o assunto:

Quantos de Nós, não passámos já por fases em que atirámos com os sonhos para a arca, entregando-nos a uma Vida em Piloto
Mar 23, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Update 2/2/16 FILM IS WAY BETTER!
DNF @ 55%.

Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope.

This book started out really promising. I liked the letters and emails thing, it was something I have never read before. But my God, does Cecelia Ahern know how to drag a story out. And then things kept separating Alex and Rosie and it just got really tedious. I don't care. I don't fricking care anymore!!! They were both unlikeable in my opinion. I didn't ship them together once they got to about 23.

The writing was actually ok
Maru
Volver a releer este libro fue una de las mejores decisiones que tomé últimamente. Amo esta historia y a sus personajes con todo mi corazón.

I'm not crying.
I am not crying. Not at all.
I've never ever been so frustrated in my life. I hated this book so much it has become one of my favourites.

You can hear it in the silence, silence
You can feel it on the way home, way home
You can see it with the lights out, lights out
You're in love, true love

Pauses, then says, you're my best friend
And you knew what
alexandra
Feb 15, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2016
3.5/5

LOVE, ROSIE made me feel nostalgic about the future.

i generally don't read books that follow the characters into their adult life, but this novel really changed my perspective on that. for the majority of the book, rosie is in her twenties and thirties and raising a child. because the pacing is fast, it made me realize how time moves so quickly. before you know it, years have gone by and everything has changed, but at the same time, nothing's changed. i dunno, it made me feel thoughtful abo
April (Aprilius Maximus)
Dec 31, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
*AKA LOVE, ROSIE IN THE UNITED STATES* I have REALLY mixed feelings about this one. I loved the writing style and the way it was written (in letters, emails and IM's), but it was so FRUSTRATING and it literally took (view spoiler) for them to finally USE THEIR BRAINS AND JUST TELL EACH OTHER HOW THEY FEEL! It was SO ANNOYING. And then at the end, (view spoiler) ...more
Angela
Nov 09, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"Because sometimes the best things in life were right in front of you the whole time. So If you're waiting for the right time you might be waiting forever. "

Annie
Oct 10, 2008 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Chick-Lit Readers
Recommended to Annie by: Rebecca White
Shelves: read-in-2008
Cecelia Ahern has this great easy to read style but all her books are quite different. I don't think I could really compare this one to 'PS I Love You' because it really is an intentionally different story to her smash-hit debut novel. The common thread is definitely Ahern's flair for fleshing out believable relationships and depicting what I would say are very normal yet endearing characters.

The thing I found most interesting about this book is that it is told completely through emails, text me
Samantha Umbdenstock
A book that you start with a smile and end with a smile. You hang upon every word and wait with impatience for the end. Until its the end and you wish it'll continue because you don't want to let go of the characters you've come to know and understand, most of all to love. Rosie Dunne is a wonderful woman, she has dreams even though she keeps facing the treacherous twists and turns of life. And Alex Stewart who succeeds to follow his dreams but keeps making the stupidest mistakes when it comes t ...more
Colleen
*MystGrrl Reviews*
I loved PS I Love You, so I thought I'd give another Ahern book a go. I wasn't to fazed by the fact the story of Where Rainbows End is completely written as a correspondence, mostly between the two main characters, family and friends. I had read The Boy Next Door by Meg Cabot which was written in a similar style and stilled loved the story.

The gist of Where Rainbows End is have you ever had someone, a boy or girl, who you had been friends with for long period of time and even though it seemed th
 Mary

No había leído antes nada de Cecila Ahern y decidí empezar con este cuando ví que este libro va aser llevado al cine.

Que historia tan hermosa!!!!!!! Me encantó y debo admitir que sufrí como una condenada con los desencuentros de Rosie y Alex, en serio estos dos no podían estar más desincronizados!!!! La historia es básicamente la vida de Rosie y Alex desde los 5 años hasta los 50 y mi corazón romántico espera que sigan así durante muchos años más. La forma de narrar la historia mediante cartas,
Fenia
Oh my. I'm crying rivers!! This was such an heartbreaking book!! I love love love it!! The relationship between Rosie and Alex was so beautiful and it just wrecked me!! I love the fact that this book was really letters and cards,post-cards,emails,invitations. It was so interesting reading it!! And omg dont even get me started on the 'silence'!!! I can't imagine a better description for love. the silence..when you don't have to say anything.you only have to feel!! I really like all the other char ...more
Eda** # Dax Lahn's Golden Tigress  #

** 3,5-4 "honestly, truly, completely" STARS **

That was so cute!

Just what I'd needed! I guess sometimes you need to squeeze in a light read inbetween all the dark and tense ones! ;)

** ARC provided via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review **
•Anna•
Jun 08, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
[I HAVE TO write this book review but it's gonna be so hard! I have billions of notes on my e-reader I think I'll end up not writing it at all. OH MY GOD, THIS IS MUCH MORE FRUSTRATING THAN THE WHOLE BOOK WAS.]
_____________

-- SPOILERS --

E-book copy kindly provided by NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

"Mistake are the portals of discovery."
James Joyce

I love that quote - I really do. But seriously, how many years of mistakes did it take them to even realize they were perfect together??
Aj the Ravenous Reader
Proper review may or may not come. ^^

This is one of those romantic novels that is not at all cheesy and this is why I liked this book. It teaches you so many things about love such as it should not be rushed and that two people can stay in love with each other despite distance and living different lives.
Mel
Apr 29, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I've been thinking about this book ever since I read Me Before You (I blame Sam Claflin) and I think I've finally settled on 4 stars.

Get yourself a copy of the book here! http://www.bookdepository.com/search?...

I have decided that I am actually going to leave this unrated. I feel like a 3 star rating does not do it justice, my reasons for disliking the book do not permit me to give it a 4/5 star and I didn't hate it enough for a 1/2 star.

I adored this book. Truly. From the first page I knew that
 ᴍɪᴄs ✖amante de los spoilers✖
Para todos aquellos que no lo leyeron ni se gasten y vean la pelicula es de esos casos raros donde en realidad la pelicula es mucho mejor que el libro. Las actuaciones son geniales, el soundtrack, la ambientaciòn, todo ES GENIAL. Ademàs es muy divertida y optimista, los personajes se toman todo con humor en cambio en el libro parecía una telenovela mexicana.
Alexis Ayala
May 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Un libro increíble, que me ha dejado con muchas cosas que decir...
Coreen  (AsThePlotThickens)
"I've learned that home isn't a place, it's a feeling."

This is one of those rare instances where the movie is better than the book. I don’t mean to be rude, but this is just a bunch of clusterfucked notes and emails from two people who are too scared to tell what they feel for each other, so they ended up losing decades of their lives.
Ready Player One movie adaptation is a shitfest.
The Lightning Thief movie adaptation was butchered.
Love, Rosie movie adaptation turned out to be a lot better
Aliix
May 06, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
¡MALDITO ESTRÉS ME HA CAUSADO ESTE LIBRO!!!!
Por quéeee carajos no se dijeron las cosas!!!! se pudieron haber ahorrado tantos cosas innesesarias, neta quería ahorcarlos a los dos, por no ser DIRECTOS y CLAROS en sus sentimientos TODO POR EL JODIDO MIEDO!!
Me perturba, siendo yo una persona que no tiene tapujos en decir lo que siente y como se siente!! fue frustrante, sé lo que es estar en esa situación llamada "oh estoy enamorada de mi mejor amigo" pero como sabes que no tienes una oportunidad si
Macarena Yannelli
Massive no no. La palabra perfecta para describir a este libro es: exasperante.
Reseña completa en Gracias a los Libros.
  • Johnny Be Good (Johnny Be Good, #1)
  • Holly's Inbox : Scandal in the City (Holly's Inbox #2)
  • Nadia Knows Best
  • Heaven Can Wait
  • I Remember You
  • Wishful Thinking (Lakeview #6)
  • Woman to Woman
  • The Chocolate Run
  • Wedding Hells (Parker Sisters #0.5)
  • Three Little Words
  • The Divorce Party
  • Persuading Annie
  • Boy Meets Girl (Boy, #2)
  • Lost Dogs and Lonely Hearts
  • Highland Fling
  • Sparkles
  • Alle sieben Wellen (Gut gegen Nordwind, #2)
  • Chat Love
Cecelia Ahern was born and grew up in Dublin. She is now published in nearly fifty countries, and has sold over twenty-five million copies of her novels worldwide. Two of her books have been adapted as films and she has created several TV series.
More about Cecelia Ahern

Romance Deals

• Protected (Deadly Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Plain Fame (Plain Fame #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Crazy Little Thing (Bell Harbor, #1)
  • Safe Haven
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The King (Masterpiece Duet, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Along the Broken Road (The Roads to River Rock, #1)
  • Avalon
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Down the Hidden Path (The Roads to River Rock Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Kind of You (Trillium Bay #1)
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Queen and the Cure (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #2)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • If You Stay (Beautifully Broken, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Moonlight Over Paris
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Crossing Hearts (Cross Creek, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Burned by Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Trouble with Dukes (Windham Brides, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Crossing the Line (Cross Creek #2)
  • Yours Until Dawn
    $6.74 $1.99
  • Fallen Crest Forever (Fallen Crest Series #7)
  • I See London, I See France
  • Dragonwyck
    $14.99 $1.99
  • While You Were Mine
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Falling Star (Shooting Stars, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly in Love (Lake Haven, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seconds to Live (Scarlet Falls #3)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Her Darkest Nightmare (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Passing His Guard (Against the Cage, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Minutes to Kill (Scarlet Falls, #2)
  • Sharp Edges
    $6.72 $1.99
  • Our Now and Forever (Ardent Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Us (Fusion, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Law of Moses (The Law of Moses, #1)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Emerald (Red Hot Love #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • White Heat (Firefighter Book 1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • His First and Last (Ardent Springs, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Softhearted (Deep in the Heart, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Goodbye Bride (Summer Harbor, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Reed (Cold Fury Hockey, #10)
  • The Wedding Chapel
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Raven Prince (princes trilogy)
  • Maggie's Turn
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
  • Always
    $13.99 $2.99
  • After You Left
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How the Cowboy Was Won (Cupid, Texas, #6)
  • Don't Let Go
  • Magnolia Nights
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Goodbye (Morgan Dane, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Filthy Rich (Blackstone Dynasty, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1)
  • Saving Abby
    $4.49 $1.99
  • She Can Kill (She Can...#5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
  • Trust in Advertising
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
  • Changing Lanes
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Doing It Over (Most Likely To, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • One Dance with a Duke (Stud Club, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • An Obsession with Vengeance (Wanted Men, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Promise of Provence (Love in Provence, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tracks of Her Tears (Rogue Winter, #1)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • A Matter of Grave Concern
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Duke's Holiday (The Regency Romp Trilogy, #1)
  • Stay (WAGs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Heat Wave
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Murder Notes (Lilah Love, #1)
  • Since You've Been Gone
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dangerous Waters (Barkley Sound, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Salvation of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #2)
  • Stay With Me
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fired (Worked Up, #1)
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Styxx (Dark-Hunter, #23)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Affair
    $18.99 $1.99
  • Someone for Me (Someone to Love, #3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Some Kind of Hero (Troubleshooters, #17)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Love with a Perfect Cowboy (Cupid, Texas, #4)
  • Internet Famous
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Kissing in America
    $9.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone to Love (Someone to Love, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Best Man (Alpha Men, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Never Love a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bent (Back to Brooklyn, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Stone Cold Cowboy (Montana Men, #4)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Dating (Lake Haven,  #2)
  • Midnight Embrace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Engaged (Lake Haven #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Fall (Tracers, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
  • The Crush
    $7.99 $2.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • More to Give (Anchor Island #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Up to the Challenge (Anchor Island, #2)
  • The Color of Secrets
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Home to Stay (Anchor Island, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gone to Her Grave (Rogue River, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone Like Her (K2 Team, #2)
  • Thrill of Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hellion (Wicked Wallflowers, #1)
  • Roomies
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crazy for Her (K2 Team, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Left Drowning (Left Drowning #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Midnight Sacrifice (Midnight, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Obsession (Midnight, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Betrayal (Midnight, #3)
  • Meant to Be
  • Love, Chloe
    $3.99 $1.99
“You deserve someone who loves you with every single beat of his heart, someone who thinks about you constantly, someone who spends every minute of every day just wondering what you’re doing, where you are, who you’re with, and if you’re OK. You need someone who can help you reach your dreams and protect you from your fears. You need someone who will treat you with respect, love every part of you, especially your flaws. You should be with someone who could make you happy, really happy, dancing on air happy.” 1898 likes
“I’ve learned that home isn’t a place, it’s a feeling.” 1050 likes