Start by marking “Vengeance (Transcend Time, #1.5)” as Want to Read:
Vengeance (Transcend Time, #1.5)

Vengeance

(Transcend Time Saga #1.5)

How far would you go to get revenge?

When Chelsea Givens discovered that her ex-boyfriend Drew dumped her to be with her former best friend Lizzie, she'd never felt so betrayed in her life. Then her new friend Shannon tells her she can help set things right. Chelsea's willing to listen, but what Shannon wants her to believe -- that she shared a past life with Drew -- is imp
Published December 8th 2011 by Dreamscape Publishing (first published December 6th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Vengeance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Vengeance

Start your review of Vengeance (Transcend Time, #1.5)
Sarah Elizabeth
This was an okay novella, although I didn’t like being in Chelsea’s head! Will be interesting to see what happens in the next book though.

6.5 out of 10
Jen
May 05, 2012 rated it liked it
MINI-REVIEW
Being a relatively short story from Chelsea's-- Lizzie's best friend-- point of view, it was fun and interesting to see the story her way. I think that the overall plot was well-paced and while it was a little mediocre and not over-the-top-exciting, Vengeance was an adequate read that fits between the first and last installment in the Transcend Time series.

Aside from the competent plot line, I think that this story was entirely negative. Let me explain. Chelsea, as mentioned before, i
zainab
Jan 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
It was quick, fun read. It was nice to read the story from Chelsea's perspective. Chelsea's jealousy and feeling of betrayal were understandable but I didn't like how she loathes her best friend because of a boy or boys. I was sympathetic towards Chelsea at first but how she played out the revenge without thinking about the repercussions was something really foolish of her to do.
I'll be reading Timeless soon because I'm curious to know what happens next!
Rachel
Dec 25, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I loved Remembrance so i was obviously going to love Vengeance. I can empathise with Chelsea. yes, Lizzie and Drew are made for each other but Chelsea feels betrayed. it's understandable when she doesn't understand the undying love Lizzie and Drew share. but every story needs the jealous ex to stir up some trouble, and Chelsea's perfect for that role. can't wait for the next book
Benjamin  Thomas
Oct 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: done
This was a short but sweet one. Vengeance, book 1.5 of the Transcend Time Saga, is a nice development of the storyline. It takes place through Chelsea Givens point of view and how she reacts from the betrayal of her best friend Lizzie and ex-boyfriend Drew. It takes her back to her past through unusual means that will definitely affect her relationships in the present. Interesting too see what happens next in book 2, Timeless!

Annabelle
****FINAL RATING: 4.25 STARS****

CATCHALL
I wish I could give this book a high rating, because I really enjoyed it and honestly had a really good time reading it. Unfortunately, it's hard to give a book a good rating when you don't like the heroine at all. I honestly tried to understand her, and I do, but that doesn't mean I like her. Vengeance was a wonderful bridge book and had a very good and entertaining story, but what I'm really looking forward to is Timeless.

THE HEROINE
CHELSEA
Look,
Cam
Mar 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I read the first one and when I finished the second book was on it's way. When it came I was shocked at how short it was but extremely happy Chelsea's side of the story was only that short. It was perfectly written to make sure not to bore you.
Zuleeza
This review is also available on my blog, Qwerty

How do I rate this when I could write the whole plot at the back of a stamp.

***Spoiler alert***

It wasn't particularly bad. I actually enjoyed learning more about Chelsea and Shannon. But I'm quite disappointed to know that Chelsea tried to win Drew back because 'I look better than Lizzie with her out of control hair' or 'Lizzie always gets the guys' or 'Drew and I are meant to be together'. Chelsea said she loved Drew, either she is delusional or l
Christie Cote
Nov 14, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, own
Vengeance by Michelle Madow
★★★★★

Vengeance is a short story that is the next installment in the Transcended Time Saga.

Chelsea had her heart broken by Drew, the guy she loved and her best friend, Lizzie. She desperately wanted Drew back but at the same time desired revenge. Since she had nothing to lose she made a new friendship with Shannon since Lizzie was her only close friend. Shannon’s aunt had told her that someone at her school would experience what Chelsea just did. The aunt told her to br
Ari
Originally posted @Black Lilies Are Deadly.

Hmmm... Okay, here I go.

I was somewhat disappointed in this short story. Although I knew it was a “bridge” between Remembrance and Timeless, I didn’t feel it added anything amazingly novel to the story. Or maybe I just have to read Timeless to know its importance in the saga.

Chelsea...

In book one, I was kind of feeling bad for her because what her “best friend” did to her was kind of dirty, fate involved or not, and I was looking forward to “seeing” th
Kelly Hager
May 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
So this is more of a novella or short story than an actual novel. Instead, as the synopsis says, it more sets the stage for book three than continues the story in its own right (if that makes sense).

Chelsea is pissed (and understandably so) that her best friend and boyfriend are now dating. When she gets the chance to make things end the way they did the first time, she jumps at the chance. But in Chelsea's defense, she just sees the end result (she ends up with Drew the way she did the first ti
Tiffany (About to Read)
Oct 25, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I am so excited that Vengeance is told from Chelsea’s point of view because many readers hated her after reading Remembrance. Personally, I always felt really bad for Chelsea because from her perspective her boyfriend cheated on her with her best friend.

After reading Vengeance, I feel even more sympathetic towards Chelsea. Hearing Chelsea’s side of the story at the beginning of Vengeance was really heart-breaking. I can’t say any more than that or I’d be giving out spoilers, but if you didn’t li
Melissa
Oct 29, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: indie-authors
As short stories go, this one was really interesting. When I read Remembrance, I knew Madow would write a continuation, because even though Lizzie got the guy, her story didn't feel finished yet. Though short, this story tells us a lot about how Chelsea (Lizzies best friend) felt about Lizzie and Drew's relationship. I got the impression that its told a couple of days after the events of Remembrance, and it is completely from Chelsea's point of view. Even if I don't agree with Chelsea, I do simp ...more
Dianna
Dec 21, 2012 rated it it was ok
Chelsea came off as a very one-sided, cruel character in this book, which is probably what Michelle Madow intended. However, I have serious problems with these types of shallow characters; I believe to make a good book you've got to show different sides of at least the main lead(s). I know this was just a short story, but this depiction of Chelsea just didn't sit right with me.

(view spoiler)
Becky
Oct 28, 2011 rated it really liked it
After reading Remembrance (book1) last year, I wanted more. I finally got hold of this short story but for some reason it got put on the shelf and I've just picked it up. I am participating in the 'Timeless' tour (book 3) next month and so have that one to read so I have just re-read Remembrance and got stuck into this one.
It didn't take long to read, it's only 50 pages long and literally bridges the gap between book 1 and book 3, although very short, it sets the whole storyline for book 3 and s
Caitlin Audet
Vengeance is a short story between Remembrance and Timeless that is from Chelsea's POV. It's right after the ending of Remembrance and Chelsea is sulking from the breakup with Drew and finding out he's with Lizzie now. Another of their friends, Shannon, gets Chelsea out of the house and brings her to mall to help with getting Drew back. This is where Chelsea learns about her past life and her role with Drew.

I really didn't care too much for Chelsea in Remembrance and even less in Vengeance. One
Taryn Browning
Nov 22, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I loved Remembrance, so when I found out Madow was releasing the second part of the Transcend Time Saga, I couldn't wait to read it. And it definitely did not disappoint. Chelsea is obviously very upset, feeling as if she's been betrayed by both her boyfriend and best friend, so when someone offers her the opportunity to right what she believe has gone horribly wrong, she must decide whether to accept the offer, or move on. What would you do? By the end of the story, Madow had me dying for more. ...more
Heather Robbins
Nov 02, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Ok, so I loved Remembrance! In this short story we learn more about Chelsea, which I did not like AT ALL. Not that she isn't a deep character...you just don't want to like her because of her actions. This goes in depth with Chelsea and tells us her side of things with everything that has happened. Such a great tale...even though I really really Don't like her still :) I also want to say just be prepared.. but if you have read Remembrance then you need to read this too.

We are left hanging and I'
Jessica (Books: A true story)
This short novella was a great set up for the last book of this series. Vengeance felt like a teaser filled with tension and a conflict that you just know is going to make for an epic ending. It was a quick and compelling read. I rather like that it didn’t drag and try to fill itself out like some second books in a series can do. It doesn’t answer a lot of questions, but it sure does leave you eager to read the last book which I can’t wait to read!

This book is also reviewed on my blog Books: A t
Amy Halbern
Jan 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Wow! What a great read short but good. I loved how we got to see a more deviant revengeful side of Chelsea. Interesting how she had a past life too. She was obviously Catherine. She may think she and Drew belong together she is so wrong. She needs to leave it alone. Drew was honest with her, and she can see how happy he is with Lizzie. She is so selfish. Shannon is not helping by encouraging her to get drew back. I about died where it ended. I like oh great what will happen next!!
Jessica (BookRockGoddess) Bolton
This was a really good short story to Michelle Madows Transcend Time Saga. I am so happy that I read this story. I do not know how Michelle can write such an epic story in such a short story venu.. I am sad that Chelsea has decide to walk this path. I just hope that some day she can forgive and move on. I hated the cliffhanger because I have to wait so long for the next book. If you haven't read these books yet your are missing out on an amazing story.
Martha
Oct 26, 2011 rated it really liked it
Wow what an ending!! Can't wait for the final book!!!
Macie
Nov 05, 2018 rated it it was ok
During the month of October I read the book Vengeance by Michelle Madow. I did not like this book at all, it was definitely not the type of book I like to read. Even though I would not recommend this book my favorite character was Shannon, because she was set on helping Chelsea get through her hard breakup, and would do anything to help her get back up on her feet. My favorite quote from this book is “ But life wasn’t a fairy tale, and I had no problem doing what was necessary to get what I wan ...more
Julie
I liked how we got to see a bit of point of view from the best friend Chelsea. She definitely got the raw deal in book 1, and I was curious if she was part of the whole past life situation too or was just caught up in the web by accident.

I liked getting to learn about her past and was interested to see how connected everything is and the whole mystic shop and possible witchcraft elements of the story that are introduced.

I did have to keep reminding myself who the narrator was in this story, sinc
Megan | Bookstacks 'n Golden Moms
Let me start by saying that I am 100% NOT on Team Chelsea. And if it’s possible, this book made me hate her even more. Do you know what I heard every time Chelsea opened her mouth? Jan Brady. Yes, that’s right . . . “Marsha, Marsha, Marsha!” She is a jealous, vengeful, whiny little snot! Oh, and I know they’re both supposed to be guides and all, but Alistair is far less creepy than Shannon’s great aunt! And, if we’re going to call a spade a spade, I’m still trying to figure out what Shannon’s an ...more
The Book Junkie Reads . . .
This was a very quick look at Chelsea's view of things. We spend a lot of time within Chelsea's thoughts and her trying to cope with what is happening around her. Her exs, best friends (Lizzie) and boyfriends (Drew). Her dealing with what see feels is a betrayal.

Narrator Review . . . Andrea voice was still the anchor but normal speed was a bit lagging and boring. Increasing the speed was a way to living things up. The audio was smooth and quick.
Lola
I wasn't a fan of this book but I absolutely love the first book the reason why I rated this 4 stars is because it was short I couldn't believe Chelsea would have done that to Elizabeth not even over a guy like Drew. I am kind of curious to see whag Michelle has instored for the third and final book in the series.
Lita Acevedo
Jan 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
A short story from Chelsea's point of view. She meets a witch of sorts who gives her a spell to make everything the way it was before. After seeing her prior life during a sitting with Genevieve she's willing to do whatever it takes to get Drew back because' that's the way it was supposed to be".
Amanda Perry
Jun 06, 2018 rated it liked it
This made me hate Chelsea even more
Richard Goodrum
Jun 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fabulous tale. Chelsea, Drew, and Lizzie make for a tragic love triangle. Shannon and Amber are supportive friends to Chelsea. The story came to a fast close and left me wanting more.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Wicked Magic (The Royals: Witch Court #2)
  • Cursed (The Watchers, #1)
  • Wicked Potion (The Royals: Witch Court Book 4)
  • Wicked Queen (The Royals: Witch Court Book 5)
  • Black Crow (Raven, #2)
  • Soul Symmetry (Raven, #3)
  • Wicked Hex (The Royals: Witch Court Book 3)
  • Blessed (The Watchers, #2)
  • Wicked Witch (The Royals: Witch Court #1)
  • Wicked Lies (The Royals: Warlock Court Book 3)
  • White Raven (Raven, #1)
  • The Secret Witch (The Coven: Academy Magic #5)
  • Forgiven (The Watchers, #3)
  • The Cursed Witch (The Coven: Fae Magic Book 1)
  • Elemental Origins: The Complete Series: (Water, Fire, Earth, Air, Aether, Ensemble Novel)
  • Chasing Angel (Divisa, #3)
  • The Hidden Witch (The Coven: Academy Magic #1)
  • Revelations (The Forsaken Saga, #2)
Michelle Madow is a USA Today bestselling author of fast-paced, young adult fantasy novels that will leave you turning the pages wanting more! Her books are full of magic, adventure, romance, and twists you'll never see coming.

Visit her website, www.michellemadow.com, to get books of Michelle's for FREE!

Transcend Time Saga (3 books)
  • Remembrance (Transcend Time, #1)
  • Timeless (Transcend Time, #2)