Start by marking “Miracles Are for Real: What Happens When Heaven Touches Earth” as Want to Read:
Miracles Are for Real: What Happens When Heaven Touches Earth

Miracles Are for Real: What Happens When Heaven Touches Earth

4.08  ·  Rating details ·  194 Ratings  ·  19 Reviews
Biblical Teaching on Miracles Reveals God's Power at Work in the World Today
Readers are fascinated with miraculous and unexplained events. In their signature style, trusted pastor Jim Garlow and writer Keith Wall tap into that fascination with biblical insights on miracles and accounts of God's work throughout history. The book clearly separates truth from fiction, fortif
Published November 1st 2011 by Bethany House Publishers (first published September 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Miracles Are for Real, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Miracles Are for Real

Patty Hearts Dave
Jan 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing
According to the authors of this book, a miracle is defined as "a phenomenon performed or prompted by God, which science cannot explain, at a special time when God is making his will or his love known to an individual or many individuals". This book explains miracles from a Biblical perspective. What determines whether something is miraculous or not? An answer to simple prayer can be miraculous. A physical healing can be miraculous. The Hebrews considered everything to be a miracle. The "miracle ...more
Kate
Dec 22, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Yes, miracles still happen everyday in this age, yet there are some who need to see a miracle or the aftermath of one to truly believe.
This informative and fascinating book pulls together miracles from history and intermingles creatively with the present, causing the reader to grasp a clear understanding of miracles and how they touch and heal lives. Some of the points addressed in the book include:
What kind of miracle are you seeking, different types of miracles, false prophets, miracles and
Wanda
Dec 26, 2011 rated it really liked it
I know personally that miracles really happen. I have experienced a few of my own in my lifetime and have heard the stories from my grandmother of miracles that she experienced. You might even say that my family has had a legacy of miracles. Even as I make that claim, I am still waiting for some miracles that I have sought from God for several years now.

I guess that is why I was interested in reading this book. I thought it would be good for building up my faith and I was right. In this volume,
Jerry Blackerby
May 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Knowing of many miracles that happened within my extended family and friends, I began reading this book knowing that “Miracles are For Real.” I found that miracles are more widespread than I thought. Many others have also seen miracles all of their lives.

Many people, especially non-Christians, do not believe that miracles have ever happened. Even some Christians believe that miracles have not happened since Biblical times. Wrong, they still happen. God is still all powerful. We just have to open
AbbyJoy
Dec 21, 2011 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: People who like examples.
I guess maybe I've been reading too much fiction lately, but this book took me forever to read (quite literally) because, well, it bored me to death. I guess this book would be good for someone who doesn't really know a whole lot about miracles or needs a lot of convincing.

Every chapter had example after example after example--I felt like the majority of the chapters were examples. Don't get me wrong, examples are important. It just felt like this book went a little overkill on the examples.

B
Diana Woolley
Mar 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Very interesting and well researched book about miracles and whether they truly exist. Many first hand examples of miracles that have happened in peoples lives. It was good that this book also talked about people who truly have the gift of healing and those who faked it. Showing both sides of the coin is always a good idea. This book goes in depth about miracles of all kinds including stories about near death experiences which interest me because I had a near death experience shortly after my ol ...more
Debra Torgerson
Miracles are real.

I found this book very interesting. I liked the way the authors intertwined stories of different kinds of miracles with their thoughts. It is always uplifting to hear that God is still in the business of miracles. I pray that they experience their own miracles. It is a good read. I know that God still gives us miracles, I also believe we can walk in His blessings.
Theresa
Mar 20, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is an intriguing read. It is so true that one will not see miracles if they have no faith. I'm sure I've had miracles in my life that I've counted as luck or coincidence. I've also seen true miracles when God stepped in and helped in a time of need. I'm not sure the book warrants a 4* but it's better than a 3*.
Carolyn
Mar 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a wonderful book!!! I will be re-reading this one for sure. This book was so hard to put down. Even when going abut my daily life, I found myself thinking about this book. and couldn't wait to get reading some more!

This is a well thought out book, and I recommend it for everyone. I remember thinking how big God is!!!
Mhines11
Apr 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The authors are quite thorough regarding miracles. They even answer the question of why God says no sometimes. This is not a "pie in the sky, get yourself a miracle" book, but a carefully laid out, scriptural based treatis.
  • I Have Loved You: Getting to Know the Father's Heart
  • More Glimpses of Heaven: Inspiring True Stories of Hope and Peace at the End of Life's Journey
  • Why Trust Jesus?: An Honest Look at Doubts, Plans, Hurts, Desires, Gripes, Questions, and Pleasures
  • And the Lamb Wins: Why the End of the World Is Really Good News
  • How to Memorize Bible Verses: The Fast and Easy Way to Memorizing Scripture
  • Finding God When You Need Him Most
  • Songs in the Key of Solomon: In the Word and In the Mood
  • Sifted: God's Scandalous Response to Satan's Outrageous Demand
  • Be Still
  • The Power of Persistent Prayer: Praying With Greater Purpose and Passion
  • When God Intervenes: An Extraordinary Story of Faith, Hope, and the Power of Prayer
  • Jesus in the Present Tense: The I AM Statements of Christ
  • Experiencing the Heavenly Realm: Keys to Accessing Supernatural Experiences
  • Desires of My Heart - Meditation on Psalm 37:4
  • Speaking of Jesus: The Art of Not-Evangelism
  • Journey on the Hard Side of Miracles
  • Quiet Reflections of Peace: 120 Devotions to End Your Day
  • They Thought They Had More Time: I Saw the Day of the Lord
“Can you do anything to bring about a miracle? The answer: God is God, we’re not. But for reasons unknown, just as God willingly relates with us, so also he partners with us. He makes miracles happen; through our prayers we can see them happen.” 0 likes
“A healthy skepticism is good, even God-given. However, a need to cynically dismiss anything we cannot personally verify is arrogance. God” 0 likes