Start by marking “The New Adventures of Curious George” as Want to Read:
The New Adventures of Curious George

The New Adventures of Curious George

4.27  ·  Rating details ·  452 Ratings  ·  23 Reviews
H. A. Rey and his wife, Margret, first introduced young readers to the big-hearted, fun-loving troublemaker-hero Curious George in 1941. In this two-hundred-page hardcover treasury, Curious George fans will find eight stories based on the popular primate, painted in Rey’s original watercolor and charcoal style: Curious George Goes to a Chocolate Factory (1998), Curious Geo ...more
Published August 4th 2006 by HMH Books for Young Readers (first published October 25th 1999)

To ask other readers questions about The New Adventures of Curious George, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The New Adventures of Curious George

Andre
Jun 24, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kids
The majority of the stories are formulaic Curious George adventures, but the last is a bizarre dream that George has where he becomes a giant Monkey. The story is surreal, melancholy, and slightly chilling.
Shannon (Giraffe Days)
The third collection of Curious George stories that I got for my son, who was quite addicted to the Curious George books for a while there, is this one, The New Adventures of Curious George. I'm quite glad he no longer wants to read them constantly, as they are hard to read as an adult - I don't mean that they're difficult stories, but that the way they're written really makes you sleepy. Kids love these stories, and they teach them a lot, but unlike so many other picture books or stories, Curio ...more
Kim
Jun 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed reading this book with it's short stories to our little one. He got excited and involved.
Sylvester

C.G. and the Hot Air Balloon
C.G. in the Snow
and
C.G.'s Dream

It must be said that one of the things Squirt enjoys about this is looking at the pictures of each book cover that is shown on the back of this collection, and choosing which one he wants to hear. In fact, the first thing he does for any book is look at the back cover for pi
Christine
This is our second collection of Curious George's "new" adventures. Once again, I'm not really clear on who wrote these, but they are in the style/spirit of the original adventures by Margret and H.A. Rey. As to be expected, George's curiosity gets him into trouble in a variety of ways, but he is always looking to make things right and help out where he can. Though, really, by now I am wondering why the Man with the Yellow Hat leaves him alone so often because that's when the mischief always sta ...more
Liane Marie
May 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
In this follow-up anthology to “A Treasury of Curious George,” George “helps” out in a chocolate factory à la Lucille Ball, locates a lost puppy, makes pancakes at a fair, visits the zoo, goes to a movie, rides a hot air balloon, learns to ski, and dreams about life being as big as King Kong. My son can recite the hot air balloon story verbatim. This anthology never fails to delight.

The Hebrew version is called: הרפתקאותיו החדשות של ג'ורג' הסקרן.
Anica
Oct 02, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-s-books
This book has 8 stories in it. We love Curious George and we love the stories in this book.

Curious George goes to a Chocolate Factory
Curious George and the Puppies
Curious George makes Pancakes
Curious George feeds the animals
Curious George goes to a movie
Curious George and the Hot Air Balloon
Curious George in the snow
Curious George's dream

Sharon
Aug 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: childrens
A lovely edition of George's many adventures ... visits to a chocolate factory, the movies, and the zoo, just to name a few. Brief biography included, which shares more about the Reys and their collaborative storytelling and illustration efforts that have created classics.

Setting Eliot up for some adventures of his own. Thought of Elise today ... stay curious!
Nicole
Feb 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I never tire of this cheeky monkey and his propensity to get in and then out of trouble. I love his sense of adventure and his relationships with the people with whom he intreacts. I love reading with my kids, not just Rey's words, but also George's interpretation of situations through his body language and facial expression.
Jan 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Enjoyed by my son and I alike. Structurally, all the stories start the same way. Monkey is curious, makes a mistake or makes life harder for someone he is trying to help, everyone is good natured about it. A little diversity would be nice. However, the detail in the illustrations is really great. Bed time favorite.
Emerson and Theodore
Apr 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
The tried and true format: george gets into mischief, he creates a dilemma, then he helps solve it and then is declared a hero. I have a slight issue with the message. This is a collection of new Curious George stories. So they are not the original stories but they are good. So far we've read one about pancakes and one about a chocolate factory (generously borrowed from I love Lucy)..
Dayna
Nov 11, 2009 rated it it was amazing
I think these stories and the illustrations that accompany them are adorable. Plus, Maddie is completely engrossed by them. I think I must own this book eventually. Maddie reminds me of Curious George in a lot of ways, which is maybe why she likes the stories so much. She is a very good girl, and always very curious :)
Libby
Aug 17, 2010 rated it it was amazing
We were given this book as a gift. I really like this particular collection of curious George stories- some of them are really lame, but not these. I really like the pictures and the binding seems very sturdy. My 23-mo-old son loves to get out "George" and then pick a story based on the pictures in the table of contents. He loves hearing these over and over.
Erin
Jan 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
The 2 year-old loves the adventures of Curious George. What a silly monkey! We go through two before bedtime most nights and the current favorites are Curious George Makes Pancakes and Curious George at the Movies.
Brittany Perry
Feb 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
We love George in my house, and my son was so happy with this collection. I loved the lessons it teaches and how they are so clearly indicated to a young mind. I loved the illustrations ad my son was happy that they were just like the ones in his previous George books.
Rosaria
Nov 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
So adorable and heartwarming! Me and my kids, we had so much fun reading this. Curious George has become my kids's favorite now.
Ryan Clopper
Nov 21, 2014 rated it liked it
It's a pretty good book for babies to read and a little bit good for ages 1-4. Whoever likes Curious George should probably read it and the other curious george book which comes with a CD.
Jenny Moore
Jul 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
My granddaughter loves the Curious George stories.
Jeremiah Lee
Jan 08, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: kid, library
Well, it's a formula that worked. George makes trouble, but the trouble ends up making something good happen. Not exciting, and perhaps not the best moral, but they're good enough.
Sam
Aug 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: george
George and the Chocolate Factory! (Sam memorized several of the stories in this book and play reads them when he gets bored)
Jen Burns
Nov 17, 2008 rated it it was amazing
THe only thing better than a Curious George book is one book with a ton of Curious George stories! We love, love, love these!
Carson
Sep 07, 2008 rated it really liked it
Shelves: boys-books
One of Daniel's favorites (along with the other collection of George stories.) "George is a good little monkey," says Daniel.
Tara
  • Bright Baby Animals
  • Baby Signs
  • Imagine
  • Roadwork
  • Have You Seen Elephant? (Gecko Press Titles)
  • Richard Scarry's Find Your ABC'S (Pictureback®)
  • Percy's Chocolate Crunch and Other Thomas the Tank Engine Stories (Thomas & Friends)
  • Mouse's First Spring
  • The Bear's Song
  • Mr. Silly
  • Mouseton Abbey: The Missing Diamond
  • That's Not My Tractor
  • The Thing About Yetis
Margret Elizabeth Rey (May 16, 1906 – December 21, 1996), born Margarete Elisabeth Waldstein, was (with her husband H. A. Rey), the co-author and illustrator of children's books, best known for their Curious George

Although she was born in Germany, she fled to Brazil early in her life to escape Nazism. While there, she met her future husband Hans (who was a salesman and also from Germany). They mar
More about Margret Rey