Start by marking “Lakeside Reunion” as Want to Read:
Lakeside Reunion

Lakeside Reunion

Bed-and-breakfast owner Lindsey Porter prays she won't run into Stephen Chase when she returns to Shelby Lake. Five years ago, the cop jilted her to marry another woman, and Lindsey fled town. But no sooner does she hit city limits than Stephen pulls her over for a broken taillight. Despite the past, he's still able to stir up Lindsey's old feelings for him. Now a widower ...more
Paperback, Large Print, 288 pages
Published October 18th 2011 by Love Inspired

To ask other readers questions about Lakeside Reunion, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lakeside Reunion

Kathy * Bookworm Nation
So I thought this one was okay. Five years ago Lindsey and Stephen were engaged, a week before the wedding a girl shows up and tells Stephen he has a two-year-old little boy. Stephen breaks the engagement and marries Bethany instead. Five years later Bethany has passed away from cancer and Lindsey has returned to town to take care of her mom. They are reunited and all their old feelings come rushing back.

While I did enjoy the story, there were just a couple things that kept me from really lovin
Victoria
Dec 07, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I have NEVER been so upset about a book, I mean, I know it's fiction but I feel it was completely and totally WRONG. I read it 5 times trying to figure out what I was missing. Like when he says that when he said his vows to Bethany he shut the door to ever having a future with Lyndsey, you can't be in love with someone one minute and then just shut it off. AND THEN HE SAYS THAT HE DOESNT REGRET ANYTHING ABOUT HIS MARRIAGE, and that even if he could change the past he's not sure he would. really ...more
Sarah Lesan
Oct 01, 2012 rated it liked it
(SPOILERS THROUGHOUT ENTIRE REVIEW) This story has an interesting storyline. This book is about a girl, Lindsey who is extremely bothered by the death of her father and last minute decision by her fiance to break off the wedding. Now, her fiance at the time, Stephan, found out that he had a son with another woman he barely knew, and decided to break it off with Lindsey and marry this other girl instead because he felt it was the right thing to do. Five years later, Lindsey comes back into town, ...more
Wall-to-wall books - wendy
Aug 22, 2012 rated it really liked it
This was a good book, sweet, I liked the storyline and the characters. It was interesting enough to keep me reading.
But - it definitely was not as good as the second book "Lakeside Family". The characters were simpler the storyline was simpler but yet it was a little confusing at times. Also it was VERY predictable with little or no twists. All that said - it still was a good book and I did enjoy it!

The great thing about it is that the second book (in my opinion) is so much better that it shows
Gina
Aug 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
This story gives a person a lot to think about. Stephen Chase broke his engagement with his fiancée for a baby he had out of wedlock with another woman. Which broke Lindsey's heart, so she left town and opened a bed and breakfast. She still had feelings for him. Stephen's wife died of cancer, and then he started wanting Lindsey back in his life. She did not want to fall in love with him or his child because she was hurt by him deeply.

The story is about second chances, but I think it would be rea
May 06, 2012 rated it really liked it
Title: LAKESIDE REUNION
Author: Lisa Jordan
Publisher: Love Inspired
November 2011
ISBN: 978-0-373-81587-6
Genre: Contemporary romance

shms
I like the whole jilted for another storyline. One of my favourites, and being a woman of faith I connected with the way faith is threaded through this book but for some reason, which I cant put my finger on, this was more a miss than hit.

(view spoiler)
Jill Kemerer
Lisa Jordan writes a heartwarming story with lovable characters. Lindsey returns to her hometown to care for her mother who slipped and broke a leg, but the past haunts her as Lindsey runs into the man who left her at the altar, memories of her deceased father, and a town that has moved on...but she hasn't.

The beautiful descriptions and sympathetic characters really stood out for me. Lindsey had huge reasons not to trust Stephen, and I enjoyed watching her work through her past. I wanted to conn
Catherine
Feb 11, 2012 rated it really liked it
Lisa's debut novel was a great read. I loved her characters and felt connected to them. I understood Lindsay's motives, especially her self-preservation ideals. Having lost a parent, I knew the kind of grief she was experiencing. This was a well=written story with lots of emotional punch, and I teared up more than a few times. Definitely recommended! Well, done, Lisa!!
Beth Vogt
Jan 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Lisa Jordan knows how to write a debut novel: like a seasoned author! Lakeside Reunion is a lovely blend of regrets transformed by forgiveness. Jordan's characters are true-to-life and her writing skill alternately brought tears to my eyes or caused me to laugh out loud. Can't wait to read Jordan's next novel.
Donna Pyle
May 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Lakeside Reunion proved to be a delightful story of redemption and good brought forth from ashes. Lisa weaved the characters' feelings and situations with fluid grace to make for a beautiful escape. Very well done!
Melissa Tagg
Apr 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I loved every page of Lakeside Reunion! The characters definitely tugged at my heart and the plot moved along at a great pace. Loved the wordsmithing, too. Fantastic debut novel from Lisa Jordan...and I can't wait for the next in her Lakeside series!
Reba J.
Apr 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing
What an incredible feel good romance. This was a wonderful debut novel. I can't wait for book two, Lakeside Family. If you want a really good, easy read that will leave your heart happy, this is the book for you. While I won't spoil the ending, it sure is a happy one!
Edie Melson
Apr 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This book was an amazing read. The author totally pulled me into the story with strong, believable characters and a compelling storyline. This is an author to bookmark!
Patriciaw
Nov 01, 2011 rated it liked it
Pleasing contemporary romance from debut author Lisa Jordan. An inn owner who has suffered loss and betrayal wonders whether she can bear to risk her heart again--to the man who broke it years ago.
Maureen
Aug 21, 2013 rated it liked it
pleasant read
Joan
Dec 19, 2011 rated it really liked it
A quick, clean, and interesting romantic novella. This is another one I will recommend to my teenaged granddaughters.
Sara
Aug 12, 2012 rated it really liked it
Good old christian romance. Not too preachy, great story. I own it if friends want to borrow it :)
Kellie Demarsh
Jun 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!
Loree Huebner