Start by marking “Poésies” as Want to Read:
Poésies

Poésies

-«Comprendre Mallarmé a toujours paru difficile. Mais c'est que dès qu'il s'agit de lui, qui fut un des fondateurs de notre modernité, il ne faut pas hésiter à se référer pourtant à ce qui peut en paraître si éloigné : les grandes structures de la pensée archaïque.
Celle-ci, en effet, cette longue et omniprésente tradition qu'a commencé de démanteler en Europe à la fin de
Broché, Édition de Bertrand Marchal. Préface d'Yves Bonnefoy; Collection Poésie/Gallimard (n° 261),, 298 pages
Published 1992 by Gallimard (first published January 1899)

To ask other readers questions about Poésies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Poésies

Orsodimondo
Nov 23, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: francia, poesia
POESIA

description
Édouard Manet: Ritratto di Mallarmé, 1876.

Io fuggo e mi attacco a tutte le vetrate
Dove si volge il dorso alla vita e al destino,
E nel vetro, lavato dall'eterne rugiade,
Che l'Infinito indora col suo casto mattino,

Mi contemplo e mi vedo angelo! e muoio, e torno
- Che il cristallo sia l'arte o la mistica ebbrezza -
A nascer, col mio sogno diadema al capo intorno,
Dove, in cieli anteriori, fiorisce la Bellezza!

description
François Nardi: Ritratto di Stéphane Mallarmè.

Je fuis et je m’accroche à toutes les cr
Luís C.
Hero, prophet, magician and tragedian this little feminine, discreet, little worn on women deserves to die on the threshold of our century: he announces it. More and better than Nietzsche, he lived the Death of God; long before Camus, he felt that suicide is the original question that man must ask himself; its daily struggle against chance, others will resume it without exceeding lucidity; for in all, it was laying waste: can we find in determinism a way out of it?

(..)

Foreword * Jean-Paul Sartr
Dolors
Oct 21, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Those who dance to the sound of words
Recommended to Dolors by: Stephen & Emilie
Shelves: poetry, read-in-2014
To say that Mallarmé’s poetry possesses an uncanny musicality is a complete understatement. Never an amalgamation of harmonized symbols, distilled formality and nuanced obliquity experimented with the limits of Myth, Beauty, Absence, Sterility and Death so exquisitely before. Not until the poet allowed himself to be carried away by the flow of language or by insinuating visions more reminiscent of philosophy than reason that a pure aesthetic canon of light could unveil bodies, caress objects and ...more
Gustavo Offely
Jan 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lord Polonius: What do you read, my lord?
Hamlet: Words, words, words.

Shakespeare

Senti-me um turista de abismos alheios. A ausência está sempre presente e não há nada a dizer, excepto que está bem dito.

(...)
Ai de mim! O aquém reina: e sua obsessão
Vem enojar-me até neste abrigo seguro
E assim da Estupidez o vómito malsão
Obriga-me a tapar o nariz ao azul.
Haverá meio, ó Eu à amargura exposto,
De quebrar o cristal pelo monstro insultado
E fugir, a bater as duas asas rotas
― Com risco de cair durante a
Maddy
May 01, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: poetry, 2010
This is really exciting especially with regards to Kristeva's idea of the poetic function of language as a means of overcoming the systems of oppression and eventually coming into contact with the abject. Otherness, absence rather than presence, underlying psychological drives are done so well here and the submarine quality of the searching throughout these poems for 'it' are exquisite. At the same time Mallarme is such a strong writer that the systems of poetry are just as prominent as the poet ...more
Vlad Stroescu
Apr 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
I've read this when I was 18 and looking for something to help me through my Baudelaire withdrawal. Mallarmé's first poems were satisfying enough, being very baudelairesque in nature. My favorite from that era is Les Fenêtres, a poem about a hospital's windows. It is true that a poem can profoundly influence a life: this one influenced my life as a physician that worked for some time in a hospital.
But then, things got really complicated. Mallarmé's mature poems are an hermetic world of perfect m
AC
May 02, 2011 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
(Well..., I read this -- I'm sure it's important -- but I understood none of it. The one star is not for poor Mallarmé, but for this edition, which is pretty worthless.)

I have the book in my hands - the goodreads photo is from some other (unconnected) book. This book is 34 pages in a large format, published New Writers' Press (in Dublin)/The Menard Press, ISBN 0951375318. It contains only 15 poems, and the translations are quite loose, I believe. There is a brief introduction and some notes, and
Mark
Jul 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Best Mallarme in English.
Sebastian
May 29, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Esta antología consiste de más de veinte variaciones sobre pocos temas poéticos. Las variaciones en la forma son extraordinarias, y la musicalidad se impone sobre la métrica. No sé si hubiera valido la pena leerlo si no fuera una edición bilingüe; pero la traducción es competente, y en algunos casos imaginativa y sorprendente. Queda muy bien, intercalado a manera de homenaje, un soneto en traducción de Octavio Paz, que contrasta en estilo y vocabulario con el resto y evidencia cuánto hay de coau ...more
Michel
Dec 03, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: poems, doulce
To read under a porch, with Erik Satie on your iPod, and a soft drizzle murmuring on the roof.
Pablo Solán
Mar 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
inasible; no creo que pueda sentirme tan bien leyendo cualquier otra cosa; su oscuridad arropa
Sanae
Jan 07, 2012 rated it really liked it
How can someone sway with words that way?
Pierre-Jean Colas
Édition de Bertrand Marchal
eimn
Aug 23, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: poetry
Apparition

La lune s’attristait. Des séraphins en pleurs
Rêvant, l’archet aux doigts, dans le calme des fleurs
Vaporeuses, tiraient de mourantes violes
De blancs sanglots glissant sur l’azur des corolles
— C’était le jour béni de ton premier baiser.
Ma songerie aimant à me martyriser
S’enivrait savamment du parfum de tristesse
Que même sans regret et sans déboire laisse

La cueillaison d’un Rêve au cœur qui l’a cueilli.
J’errais donc, l’œil rivé sur le pavé vieilli
Quand avec du soleil aux cheveux, dans la
Lysergius
May 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: poetry
There is an astounding variety of verse collected into this edition with extensive notes and references. Mallarme's verse is characterised by a lightness of touch and some interesting rhythms, such that the poetry almost cries out to be sung. Strongly reccommended.
Росен Григоров
"Ала уви! Светът е господар: с кошмара
ме отвращава в моя подслон - един абсурд! -
и мръсният бълвоч на Глупостта ме кара
носа си да запушвам пред чистия лазур.

О, как ли, щом от гняв душата ми трепери,
как да строша кристала с чудовищна пета,
за да побягна сам с крилете си безпери
и с онзи риск - да падам без край, във вечността?"
Christopher

• Les Amours
  • Les Filles du feu - Les Chimères
  • Fêtes galantes / Romances sans paroles / Poèmes saturniens
  • Capital of Pain
  • Calligrammes: Poems of Peace and War (1913-1916)
  • Les Chants de Maldoror et autres textes
  • Les Contemplations
  • Poésies complètes
  • Invention of Hysteria: Charcot and the Photographic Iconography of the Salpêtrière
  • Earthlight
  • Cathay (1915)
  • Pass Thru Fire: The Collected Lyrics
  • My Vocabulary Did This to Me: The Collected Poetry
  • Clepsydra: Poemas
  • Poems of the Late T'ang
  • Extracting the Stone of Madness: Poems 1962 - 1972
  • Fureur et mystère
Stéphane Mallarmé (French: [stefan malaʁme]; 18 March 1842 – 9 September 1898), whose real name was Étienne Mallarmé, was a French poet and critic. He was a major French symbolist poet, and his work anticipated and inspired several revolutionary artistic schools of the early 20th century, such as Dadaism, Surrealism, and Futurism.
“Плътта тъжи. Уви! Изчел съм всички книги.” 0 likes
“Ала уви! Светът е господар: с кошмара
ме отвращава в моя подслон — един абсурд!
И мръсният бълвоч на Глупостта ме кара
носа си да запушвам пред чистия лазур.”
0 likes