Start by marking “Once a Ferrara Wife... (Ferrara, #1)” as Want to Read:
Once a Ferrara Wife... (Ferrara, #1)

Once a Ferrara Wife...

(Ferrara #1)

For better...or for bedding?

Laurel Ferrara wouldn't know a happy ending if she fell over it - of course her whirlwind wedding was always going to end in disaster. But it wasn't as simple as just walking away. From the moment she is summoned back to Sicily, the shivers of unease set in....

The command comes from legendary billionaire Cristiano Ferrara, the husband she can't

Mass Market Paperback, Harlequin Presents #3043, 192 pages
Published February 2012 by Harlequin

To ask other readers questions about Once a Ferrara Wife..., please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Once a Ferrara Wife...

Booklover
Wonderful heart wrenching intense emotional second chance at love story,its now on my "THE MOST FAVOURITE "shelf,the story progressed really well,all the characters were well developed ,adored both Cristiano-Laurie,you can really feel their love in their tension,anger,contempt.What really made this book extra ordinary was we have Hero who is not shy to express his emotions,it was Laurie who has problems,we have so many books where H has problems with expressing his emotions it was a nice change, ...more
StMargarets
Kiki
A lot of people would have problem with Laurel, I guess a lot of people want heroines with backbone, but a flexible one. Which will bend at the first sign of vulnerability, so that the hero can go back his macho behaviour. I understand that makes it an easier read than to deal with a more stronger heroine with home the line between strong and stubbornly bitchy might be blurred. No judgement I guess. However, I like my heroines uncompromising, bitchy and somewhat unforgiving!
So, I loved Laurel an
Naksed
This was a sweet, second chance romance, if a bit on the sappy side for me. I appreciate the fact that the author didn't end the book with the protags falling into bed and having sex with each other but made a real effort in exploring how two people who BOTH feel their trust in each other has been irretrievably broken can plausibly, slowly but surely, put the pieces back together and end up with some thing a lot stronger than they started out with.

I guess my main problem is that it was a bit rep
Marajean
Nov 10, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
 Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books)
This book packs an emotional punch. From page one, I was fiercely involved with the story. I have been an admirer of Sarah Morgan for several years, and she continues to meet my expectations. In this case, she's exceeded them. Sarah has created a story of a marriage that self-destructed, and the aftermath when this couple gets reunited by a family wedding.

I really liked the fact that the characters' emotional problems aren't solved by their love for each other. In fact, they have to work them th
Saly
Rating 4.5

Really enjoyed the heck out of this. I enjoy a good re-union story and this one had that in spades, loads of anger but beneath it all love and those three words don't come at the end and a hero who fights and grovels for the heroine. And a heroine with trust issues. Really enjoyable.

And guess what the hero and heroine are celibate and actually respect their marriage vows.
Vintage
I need to at least mark this as READ as I have read it a couple of times.

Not going to rate it as it's not my wheelhouse as I don't care for real life angst in my romances except for a few occasions. However the fact that I have read this at least two times tells me something.

This is definitely It's me not you.
Alex is The Romance Fox
Sarah Morgan is one of my favorite Mills and Boon’s authors and I enjoy most of her books.
I loved the story of Once a Ferrara Wife and would have given it a 5 star review except for one thing that really irritated me (more about this later on).

This is a very intense, compelling and emotional story about Cristiano and Laurel Ferrara and I was captivated from the moment I started page 1 and I was so engrossed in the story that before I realized I had finished the book in one reading.

You are total
Ridley
Funny story with this one. I tweeted DA's Jane to ask if she had any semi-recent Presents to recommend when Sunita suggested this book. Next thing you know, Sarah Morgan tweets "Noooo I'm not ready to be creamed in #dabwaha and by @_ridley_ in the same week."

I had no idea I was so terrifying.

Long story short, she offers me a free copy of the book to show she was only kidding, and I happily accepted. Good thing too, as it was a great source of vitamins A(ngst) and D(rama), and I like to stay hea
Melody Cox
This was an enjoyable read. For once we get a lovable hero who isn't afraid to tell 'his woman' repeatedly that he loves her and what she means to him.

The hero was your typically HP alpha male who has been the head of his family for many years since the death of his father. He meets the heroine when she is hired by his younger brother to be his personal trainer. Our H falls for her like a ton of bricks and the feelings were returned.

The heroine never had a home and spent her life in foster care
KatieV
This was well written and angst ridden, but was only a "like" for me. I think it's simply a matter of taste. Just wasn't my favorite flavor of angst. The subject matter isn't what I typically seek in an HP. I prefer more crazy.

This was all about a marriage that fell apart due to faults on both sides and much of the angst is centered around miscarriage and fertility.

I felt the heroine contributed the most to the demise by refusing to communicate. Her past explained it, but I still found her frus
Dianna
Laurel is sitting in a grounded plane on a runway in Palermo, half listening to her seat mates commentary on the limo that’s cruising towards them. She has no time for such trivialities. She should never have returned to Sicily. There is much awfulness, but she could not turn down her friend’s demand that she attend this wedding. Oh, why didn’t she turn it down?

Anyway, that limo is for her, she realises. And it’s a good thing that this is actually the case, because how embarrassing if she’d got
RLA
Nov 11, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The heroine Laurel arrives in Sicily a bag of nerves, to attend her best friend's wedding. She hasn't been back since she walked out on her marriage to Cristiano, the hero. Cristiano has never forgiven Laurel for giving up on them, and when they meet again he doesn't give her an inch. Laurel was deeply hurt by Cristiano's actions, or lack of, when she went through a very difficult experience. Laura grew up in care and having to look after herself, never wanting to be emotionally vulnerable to ot ...more
willaful
4 1/2 stars. Usually when a couple in a Harlequin Presents each think the other did them wrong, there's an external reason -- an Evil Other Woman led them astray, or a letter didn't get delivered, or a phone call was misunderstood. This story was interesting because, realistically, both parties are right -- or wrong, as the case may be. It was also interesting as a turnaround of the usual scenario: Laurel, who grew up in foster care, is the one who is emotionally closed off, while her husband Cr ...more
Mandi Schreiner
Jan 23, 2012 rated it really liked it
Favorite Quote: Slowly, she turned her head and looked at him.
He turned his head too and his eyes fixed on hers.
Both should have looked away but neither of them did.
The inevitability of it was as sweet and sharp as the desire that stabbed through her body.

Laurel Ferrara is going back to the one place in the world she has no desire to be – Sicily. And she is going to see the one person in the world she has no desire to see – her husband. Two years ago, after a devastating miscarriage, Laurel wal
Becky
Exciting opening scene. Great heroine, very real person, difficult childhood, rightfully mistrusting based on her husband's insensitivity to her needs. But she loves him and forgives. Hero loves his wife and learns about values through understanding how he wronged her. He is an alpha male but one who is very faithful and recognizes that he truly wronged heroine and must prove himself.
Megzy
Oct 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
A second chance story about being let down by the man you loved who happened to be the only person in your life you trusted to be there at the most crucial time in your life, a workaholic husband who had no idea all his wife had to face and depended on the ill advise of a doctor. If we take the epilogue away, the story takes place in a span of three weeks but the pacing was fine and didn't feel rushed. The characters were likable and the plot was realistic.
Donnie
Nov 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Another great romance by Sarah Morgan.
Good reunion love story!
KarenB
The heroine was incredibly unlikeable.I couldn't believe one of the best heroes of Sarah Morgan ended up with this annoying heroine.
Nikki ღ Navareus

Whew, this one sucked me in from the very first page. At first I thought Laurel was a bit of a butthead walking away from the marriage the way she did, when he husband was clearly in over his head in love with her, but as their history unfolded the truth behind why she left became very clear. Even though Cristiano's actions caused Laurel to walk away, he seriously had no clue why she did it. Once Laurel's devastating experience and her heartbreaking past were revealed, I wanted to cry for her. T
Sara  HarlequinJunkie
Apr 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing
My Reviews: HarlequinJunkie

‘Once a Ferrara wife’ is an incredibly wonderful reunion story, Laurel Ferrara and Cristiano Ferrara marriage fell apart when Cristiano let Laurel down badly and she ended up walking away from their Marriage. Now 2 years later she ruturns briefly to Sicily to stand as Maid of Honor for Cristiano’s sister’s wedding and settle their divorce, this is where the story picks up.
Once a Ferrara wife is compelling read; full of tension, drama, conflict and angst. There was g
KC
The realistic, drawn-out conversations between Laurel and Cristiano were engaging. They actually spent a few weeks alone (and several book pages) discussing Laurel's fears and disappointments, while Cristiano admitted his contribution to the failure of their marriage.

What I didn't like as much was Laurel's passive-aggressive behavior. I felt she needed to take some responsibility for the breakdown of their marriage as well. She left Cristiano without talking with him first, never sharing what s
Penny Watson
Mar 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorite-hps
Diane
i am getting harder to please in my old age--the plots, or lack of them, all seem to run together anymore. the hero is an arrogant jerk who truly believes he can do no wrong, and that the heroine has wronged him. it takes a while for it to sink in that he really was in the wrong in how he treated his wife, and he does make amends, but....
Ruthie Knox
Jun 24, 2012 rated it really liked it
Great "reunited marriage" story! I loved that they were both furious at each other and certain the other was wrong, and they turned out both to be right about the other and wrong about themselves. Nice setup for emotional growth on both characters' part. I also like that the sexual chemistry was not allowed to take over the story. Both characters knew sex had never been their problem, and Morgan kept it largely at the margins of the story.
Jenn - Reviews
Jul 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing
As usual Sarah's writig style really reels me in. I enjoyed reading this book. The shock of what really happened to Laurel, the heroine and also the real situation with Cristiano, the hero.
Here we have a very delicate situation which is handled brilliantly by the author.
I recommend this book.
Ishara Dasruth
Aug 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-favourite-hp
What a heartwrenchingly beautiful story! I do enjoy a good second chance romance and this one definitely ticked all the boxes. The scene of Laurel's asthma attack and the flashback to her miscarriage ordeal had me in tears. I was so emotionally invested in this couple's HEA and the epilogue was so touching. A firm favourite, well deserving of a 5 star rating.
Katie
It's been a few years since I've read any of Sarah Morgan's Presents, so it took me a while to get back into the swing of things. Their relationship failed in the past of reasons of JUST TALK TO EACH OTHER, so this book was a lot about learning how to communicate. I liked that.
Alina
May 26, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
I liked the angst, they both admitted their mistakes but due to her past she was way more stubborn. I didn't mind it, it's nice to see the hero pursuing the heroine
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
I Need To Know 7 37 Jul 27, 2017 08:33AM

• Strangers in the Desert
  • Princess From the Past
  • The Man She Loves To Hate (The Eligible Bachelors, #1)
  • The Sultan's Choice
  • The Man Who Risked it All
  • The Petrov Proposal  (Forrester Siblings, #2)
  • His Majesty's Mistake (A Royal Scandal, #2)
  • Deserving of His Diamonds?
  • The Scorsolini Marriage Bargain
  • Monarch of the Sands
  • A Legacy of Secrets (Sicily's Corretti Dynasty, #1)
  • Return of the Moralis Wife
  • The Divorce Party (The Delicious De Campos, #1)
  • Girl Behind the Scandalous Reputation
  • Lone Wolfe (Bad Blood, #8)
  • Unlocking Her Innocence
  • The S Before Ex
  • Pregnant by the Greek Tycoon
About Sarah

USA Today and Sunday Times bestselling author Sarah Morgan writes romance and contemporary women's fiction and her trademark humour and warmth have gained her fans across the globe. Sarah lives near London, England, and when she isn't reading or writing she loves being outdoors.

A WEDDING IN DECEMBER, a fun family drama set around the festive season, is out in the US/Canada Sept 24 and

Ferrara (2 books)
  • The Forbidden Ferrara (Ferrara #2)
“Life isn’t smooth, but it’s the bumps that help us find out who we are. And it’s handling the bumps that gives us courage.” 23 likes