Start by marking “Women of the Dark Streets: Lesbian Paranormal” as Want to Read:
Women of the Dark Streets: Lesbian Paranormal

Women of the Dark Streets: Lesbian Paranormal (Vampire Sorority Sisters #1.5)

3.71  ·  Rating details ·  132 Ratings  ·  15 Reviews
Enter a midnight world of the supernatural—a world of vampires, werewolves, witches, ghosts, and demons. A seductive world limited only by your imagination, full of dark fantasies, hidden desires, and sexy women who rule the night. Edited by award-winning editors Radclyffe and Stacia Seaman, Women of the Dark Streets presents all new tales of the paranormal from your favor ...more
Published March 13th 2012 by Bold Strokes Books (first published March 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Women of the Dark Streets, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Women of the Dark Streets

Lexxi Kitty
Interesting how many authors in this collection I've already read/sampled before.

Things are not as they seem. About the fifth time I was about to write that for a story section, I realized I should just put that up here. I'm sure there's some story where this phrase doesn't work, but so many of the stories use it as bedrock - as foundation.

A ghost that doesn't realize they are a ghost. A mortal human not realizing she's talking to a ghost (different story from that first sentence). Werewolves,
I bought it mainly to read a short by Meghan O'Brien with the characters from her book Wild. (story: 4 stars). I enjoyed some of the other stories but couldn't get into others. I think because they are continuations from other books that I haven't read.
Overall, this is a good read. Some of the stories are better than others but it's a good mix of authors with different paranormal tales. Reading this exposed me to new authors that I'm now very interested in reading. Definitely worth a read.
Apr 16, 2017 rated it liked it
Some of the stories were okay. I am not a fan of paranormal anything, glad I chose this book for my reading challenge. I might have to comeback and give it another try, when my brain is not to foggy from erotic fiction that I love. Please take my review with a grain of salt, there are better reviews out there...believe me.
Feb 24, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: lesbian-romance
It took me a really long time to read this anthology. I was really digging on it in the beginning and Come to Me is this my favorite story in the anthology. Lucky Number Seven was both tragic and sweet. I think Full Moon Weekend surprised me because it wasn't my favorite story and it took me a while to get into it but I appreciate that it's a different and somewhat emotional take on a shapeshifter accepting herself.

Some of the stories are solidly grounded in paranormal elements while others use
Mar 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
This short story collection of paranormal tales with a lesbian base was by and large eye-opening, thrilling, and a stunning sampling of “off the beaten path” vignettes. It is hard to imagine anyone with even only a little bit of interest in psychic phenomena not finding multiple winners within this collection. I totally recommend it.

Lucky Number Seven by Merry Shannon
Two gifted people work together to find the connections to an existing bomb that wrecked a train and additional important data. A
Nolly  Sepulveda
Oct 01, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed the different stories very much, so much that I put all the books in my to-read shelf by these authors to the front of the line, so I'm ready to relax and enjoy!
Sep 02, 2012 rated it liked it
Some of the stories were very good, some not very good and some in between. Therefore 3 of 5 stars
Jassira Raxlly
Jun 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
I generally don't read romance - unless it's LGBTQ related.
But, WOW! I enjoyed this. It was titillating and full of paranormal fun! I've found a couple of new authors of series that I'll check out. A bit heavy on the vampire stories, which, I don't necessarily enjoy. But, I did enjoy the MJ Williamz vampire story; now, that was different and new! There are several stories that are shorts from series, but I didn't find that too distracting.
Overall, if you want some fun and sexy stories, I recom
Kattie Sivley
Apr 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own
Keep in mind these are thoughts I posted on a separate deleted blog a few years ago.

I liked this compilation a lot! Obviously all of the stories contain lesbian love and sex scenes, and there is some sort of paranormal aspect to each story. There are stories about everything from vampires and vampire hunters to FBI agents and private investigators to ghosts and skin walkers. This compilation is very diverse with only the lesbian love remaining a constant. I loved Jess Faraday's short story The T
Aug 28, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: l-words
I couldn't help but compare this Bold Strokes Books anthology to its similarly-themed YLVA publishing counterpart Wicked Things: Lesbian Halloween Short Stories --and finding it lacking in every way.

Anthologies are, by their very nature, a mixed bag and, as such it is rare that there is not at least one story that has me madly searching Goodreads for the author's other works. But there was not one that had me scrambling after reading this anthology. There was little sweetness, little romance and
Nisie draws
Jan 10, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: gay-romance
ehhhhhh. i felt the stories were uneven in terms of quality - some good, some ok, some bad. i would have liked more stories set in historical or fantasy settings BC paranormal stories set in modern au always feels cheesy pie to me.
Apr 10, 2016 rated it it was ok
Read for book club. Was not good. Gave it an extra star for the ironically hilarious Evanescence story.
Oct 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: candy, lgbtqia
This was absolutely brilliant from start to finish. Each one of this short stories was impactful, unique, a surprising wonderful. I will be acquiring this book for my collection.
Oct 23, 2011
Jilly Dereham
Dec 10, 2016
Sep 09, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Balance of Forces: Toujours Ici (Forces, #1)
  • Darkness Embraced (Rosso Lussuria Vampire, #1)
  • Night Hunt (Midnight Hunters, #3)
  • Better Off Red (Vampire Sorority Sisters, #1)
  • everafter (everafter, #1)
  • Dark Wings Descending (Wings, #1)
  • Blackstone (Arravan, #2)
  • Silver Kiss
  • Goldenseal (Garoul, #1)
  • Demons are Forever (Elite Operatives, #5)
  • Love Spell
Radclyffe has written over forty-five romance and romantic intrigue novels, dozens of short stories, and, writing as L.L. Raand, has authored a paranormal romance series, The Midnight Hunters. She has also edited Best Lesbian Romance 2009 through 2015 as well as multiple other anthologies. She is an eight-time Lambda Literary Award finalist in romance, mystery, and erotica—winning in both romance ...more
More about Radclyffe...

Vampire Sorority Sisters (3 books)
  • Better Off Red (Vampire Sorority Sisters, #1)
  • Blacker Than Blue (Vampire Sorority Sisters, #2)
  • Soul to Keep (Vampire Sorority Sisters, #3)