Start by marking “Pure Vegan: 70 Recipes for Beautiful Meals and Clean Living” as Want to Read:
Pure Vegan: 70 Recipes for Beautiful Meals and Clean Living

Pure Vegan: 70 Recipes for Beautiful Meals and Clean Living

Pure Vegan proves that embracing a vegan lifestyle can be stylish and beautiful via 70 recipes that are both plant-based and indulgent. The only vegan cookbook that celebrates eating and enjoyment rather than emphasizing the politics of a vegan lifestyle, this beautiful compilation features novel, vivacious recipes. Yes, they re non-meat-egg-dairy, and they re fabulous! ...more
Published May 23rd 2012 by Chronicle Books (first published May 1st 2012)

Start your review of Pure Vegan: 70 Recipes for Beautiful Meals and Clean Living
Lisa Vegan
Jan 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: experienced home cooks; as a gift; cookbook collectors; those who like photos in cookbooks
This is a paperback book but it’s LARGE and HEAVY, very.

It has absolutely gorgeous photos for many of the raw ingredients and for most of the recipes.

I’m not the least surprised that I found out I do not have a well equipped kitchen, but I’m now very interested in getting a microplane grater and a mandoline.

I borrowed this book from the library, renewing it several times, but I don’t plan to use it or buy it. However, I can see giving it as a gift to friends who enjoy cooking and who do have a
Helen
Jul 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: delectables
Delicious phototography, I want to cook it all. Don't be put off because it's vegan, it's more about good quality ingredients, used well.
Lee
Oct 27, 2012 marked it as to-read
Shelves: cookbooks, veg-n
Saw this in the bookstore, it's incredibly beautiful!
Amanda
Jun 25, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I flipped through this book in a store and the photos and recipes looked great, I bought the kindle version b/c I find that it's easier for me to use the cookbook on a color kindle/ipad. And I have too many books for my small house.

I've been a vegetarian (and for two years a raw vegan) for a long while, but recently decided to dip into veganism. I have some of the great classics (vegetarian epicure 1 and 2, Laurels, etc. But I wouldn't end my cookbook collection at Julia Child or the Joy of
Dana
May 31, 2013 rated it really liked it
This cookbook has beautiful photos and well-written, unique recipes. I am not vegan, but am looking for recipes featuring whole foods and I found that most of the recipes in this cookbook fit that requirement. Tonight I made the Ceviche de Vegan and the Nutty Mushroom Risotto. I think that vegan recipes are really good especially when you add meat or dairy products to them. :) I used homemade chicken stock for the Risotto and it was fantastic. Both the Ceviche and the Risotto were hits at ...more
P.
Jul 21, 2014 rated it liked it
this is a good vegan cookbook for people who aren't into meat substitutes. nothing revolutionary, but all the stuff I tried was good: muhammara (it was a bit too bready, but tasted better the longer it sat in the fridge), jicama salad, celery root & fennel chowder, and broiled tofu with shiitakes and carrots. there are recipes for drinks and a large selection of good looking desserts, and it would be a great resource for throwing parties or going to a potluck, because though the recipes are ...more
Susan Spira
Jun 13, 2013 rated it liked it
A beautifully executed book, large in size 9" x 11" with gorgeous photographs of the food. Very elegant. I did not bond with many of the recipes and would not make this a first choice for a new vegan looking to figure out what and how to eat. It would be a supplemental purchase for a well-stocked library of already basic recipe books. No nutritional data accompanying the recipes. A lovely book to "leaf" through.
Mariel Lepra
Jul 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
The Mushroom Risotto was fantastically tasty and quite simple to make! (I omitted the nuts due to a lack of hazelnuts in my house and added Shimenji mushrooms on top of Porcini, Oyster, Cremini and Shitake mushrooms.)

Mckenzie
Oct 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cookbooks
I adore this book! I would highly recommend for people who are comfortable in a well equipped kitchen. Some of the recipes/ingredients/tools/techniques may be a bit beyond the beginner vegan, or chef.
Gail
Jul 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing
An absolutely GORGEOUS book. Can't wait to cook every recipe!
Donna Koontz
Jun 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing
A must have for any vegan kitchen!
Morgan
Jun 22, 2012 rated it really liked it
One of the most beautiful cookbooks I have seen. Everything looks delicious.
False
Sep 12, 2013 rated it did not like it
Shelves: food-drink
A beautifully constructed book. Unfortunately, it didn't have one recipe I was interested in attempting to make. Overly fussy, for me. Photographs beautifully, though.
Tamara
Nov 18, 2012 rated it liked it
the Halvah was my favorite!!!
Judi
Oct 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014, reference
Lots of yummy looking recipes, may buy my own copy in the future.
Wyntrnoire
Feb 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
Whether you are vegan or not, everything in here sounds delicious and the photos are gorgeous. But like all good cookbooks--it needs to come with a cook:)
Kat
May 31, 2015 added it
Shelves: cookbooks
This book was too fancy. There was not one recipe that sounded good to me and majority of them had ingredients I've never seen in the grocery store or just looked to expensive and not tasty enough.
Teresa
Feb 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
nice fresh recipes and beautiful pics
elizabeth
Jan 04, 2018
Mckenzie Gaby
Mar 26, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Minimalist Baker's Everyday Cooking: 101 Entirely Plant-based, Mostly Gluten-Free, Easy and Delicious Recipes
  • One-Dish Vegan: More than 150 Soul-Satisfying Recipes for Easy and Delicious One-Bowl and One-Plate Dinners
  • The VB6 Cookbook: More than 350 Recipes for Healthy Vegan Meals All Day and Delicious Flexitarian Dinners at Night
  • The Kitchn Cookbook: Recipes, Kitchens & Tips to Inspire Your Cooking