Start by marking “Stalking the Others (H&W Investigations, #4)” as Want to Read:
Stalking the Others (H&W Investigations, #4)

Stalking the Others

(H&W Investigations #4)

Once, she was one of the good guys–or as close as a New York P.I. can get. Then Shiarra Waynest was drawn into the world of the Others. Every faction has its own loyalties and agenda. And Shia’s recent betrayal by her ex-boyfriend means that she may be on the verge of becoming a rogue werewolf at the next full moon.

Of course, with all the threats against her, Shia’s not su
Paperback, 1st Edition, 352 pages
Published July 3rd 2012 by Kensington

To ask other readers questions about Stalking the Others, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stalking the Others

Carmel (Rabid Reads)
Jul 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Reviewed by: Rabid Reads.

After the dramatic exit Shia made in DECEIVED BY THE OTHERS, reading the next installment became my #1 priority, I only wish that I could fly through all series the way I’m guzzling H&W INVESTIGATIONS! The heroine turns into a lean, mean, killing machine in this book, and I just loved watching her serve up a can of Others whoopass. The blurb outs Chaz as a douchebag, so I’m psyched that I no longer have to curb my seething hatred in order to avoid spoilers on that fr
Shera (Book Whispers)
That's it! I can not in good conscious go on reading these books without stating that Shiarra is To Stupid To Live (AKA TSTL). From the first book I knew Shia was short a few brain cells, but I kept holding out. She had a lot of crazy stuff going on, and each book was a struggle. However, after having the leader of the White Hats, Royce (the vampire king of New York City), and so many other people say how clever, brave, and amazing she is I can't stand it any more. Over the course of these books ...more
Katie(babs)
Oct 07, 2011 rated it really liked it
Stalking the Others, book #4 in Jess Haines’ H&W Investigations is one book I’m recommending as a must read for the summer. I should disclose I’m friends with Jess and I was one of her beta readers for this book. I really didn’t know what to expect with this latest because Jess has taken her main protagonist on quite a journey that I liken to Alice in Wonderland. When this series began, Shiarra West was a NYC private investigator who had a pretty stable life with a good job, very supporting ...more
Ferdy
Sep 26, 2012 rated it it was ok
Spoilers

Shia is terrified that she'll turn into an Other on the next full moon and is determined to seek revenge on those who have wronged her before she changes into a werewolf. Shia blames her ex boyfriend, Chaz, for all that's happened to her and is on a mission to hunt him and his pack down.

-The plot was slightly more interesting this time around — the first half was actually quite enjoyable when Shia got all crazy badass and finally took control of her life. I was pleased that she wanted to
All Things Urban Fantasy
Oct 10, 2011 rated it really liked it
Review courtesy of All Things Urban Fantasy

STALKING THE OTHERS is the most action packed, adrenalin fueled book in the H&W Investigations series. It opens with a chase scene through the New York subways, rushes into a life or death brawl with a werewolf, and on and on until a different kind of action intensive ending….the one we’ve been waiting for since the first book.

Part of what I love so much about this series is the way Haines injects a subtle humor in her writing that keeps even the mo
Blodeuedd Finland
Jan 01, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: urban-fantasy
I read the last line and went wtf..wtf..wtf!? Evil author alert. I sat up and shook my fist, ok so I did not shake my fist but I stared at bf for a while and trying to comprehend that the book had just ended. Now you all think cliffie, but it was not really a cliffie. All was good, sort of good for now, it was just what was going on and ..I truly want to spill the beans but you have to read for yourself to find out what made me crave book 5 more than chocolate, and I adore chocolate.

But that was
Mara
Feb 04, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: urban-fantasy
If you want to read this book, I would suggest you avoid caffeine and other stimulants. The story is one chocked up on adrenaline and, like some action movie, the action simply does not stop until the very end. And then you drop your jaw, asking WTF?

Shiarra is literally drugged by her rage and desire for revenge and every line of the story drips with it.. I wasn't kidding when I wrote the no caffeine rule. You'll end jittery all the same.

The ending, what about the ending. Well, Shiarra, let's h
Marsha
Jun 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
“Stalking the Others” is an action packed installment in the H&W Investigation series. Shiarra is determined to hunt down Dillion and her ex-boyfriend, Chaz to seek vengeance from being infected by a were as well as being cheated on by a serial womanizer.

As the clock is winding down to her potential first shift she uses every resource in her arsenal to locate her prey including the talking belt. Unfortunately the more she uses it the more erratic her behavior becomes.

Royce begs Shiarra to le
Melliane
Apr 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Mon avis en français

My English review

Since the end of the third novel, I only wanted one thing: to get into this one. Indeed, the last volume was full of turnarounds of any kinds. It was amazing, we found ourselves buffeted on all sides to finally question everything. But here it is, there are also a lot of consequences, and we can see them now in this novel.

Shia only think about one thing in this volume, her revenge against Chaz, and nothing, really nothing, could stop her in her new quest. But
Jessica (a GREAT read)
Mar 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing

I received this ARC from the author for review

Jess Haines' Stalking the Others was incredible!! And I have to say I love the new cover look! I think this makes a good Shiarra!

The book pretty much picks up where we left off, which is a bit fuzzy for me since I read it ages ago. Shiarra has been scratched by a Were. She is likely infected and has a month to find out. Time flies by fast too, as Shiarra is trying to track down Chaz and his pack. She wants retribution for what he did to her, Dillon t
Shelley
*Genre* Urban Fantasy
*Rating* 4.0

Early Review

STALKING THE OTHERS, by Jess Haines, is the fourth novel in the H&W Investigations series. The story pretty much picks up right where DECEIVED BY THE OTHERS left off. Private Investigator Shiarra Waynest has had it with the Others. Ever since she was dragged into the world of the Others kicking and screaming, her world has turned upside down.

Shia is tired of being pushed around and being used against her will by not only Chaz, but Alec as well. Wi
Jen Davis
Jun 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars
Well, I'll give you this. Jess Haines knows how to go for a big ending. Wow.

This installment of H&W Investigations picks up right where the last one left off. Shiarra is out for blood. Chaz and his pack nearly destroyed her in the last book. She is livid over his betrayal and terrified that she may be turning were. So she decides to take matters into her own hands and seek revenge.

Unfortunately, the Sunchasers don't make it easy for her. They go into hiding at the same time she know
Marianne
Vampires, werewolves and mages have been wreaking havoc in Shiarra Waynest's life recently. Now it's time to return the favor. Meanwhile, the enigmatic vampire Royce wants her back in his clutches, as do two powerful werewolf packs, along with the police. Shia's recent betrayal by her ex-boyfriend means that she may be on the verge of becoming a rogue werewolf at the next full moon.

Instead of going into hiding to lick her wounds, Shiarra decides that if she's going down, she'll take out as many
Kristin  (MyBookishWays Reviews)
You may also read my review here: http://www.mybookishways.com/2012/06/...

The Sunstrikers must be taken down before the next full moon, and Shiarra Waynest is determined to do just that. Still unsure if she herself will go furry, she’s on a desperate hunt for the werewolves (and the ex-boyfriend, Chaz), that have quite possibly ruined her life, and those they turned without consent. Unfortunately, Shia has to ask for help from the most unlikely of allies, the White Hats, and hope she’s not makin
Tynga
Aug 24, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shia is now facing her worst nightmare after being possibly contaminated by a werewolf. She has until the next full moon to discover if she’ll turn furry and she won’t waste a minute. Uniting with the questionable White Hats, she will hunt down Chaz and his pack, looking for revenge.

Before I get on with my review, I just want to disclose that I am a cameo character in this novel, Cindy Bacon, a werewolf. It doesn’t influence my opinion as I have been a fan of the series since the first book, but
Yolanda Sfetsos
Amélie
Jul 04, 2013 rated it liked it
After Shiarra’s decision to leave Royce at the end of the last book, she joins the White Hats in order to kill the werewolf responsible for her infection, her ex-boyfriend and everyone in her way.

I didn’t like this book much more than the last one (which I hated). Basically, Shiarra spends her time being angry and acting without thinking, aggressing and killing people without proof of their culpability and then angsting about her actions (which doesn’t prevent her from doing so again).

I didn’t l
Stacy
Oct 25, 2011 rated it really liked it
**MINOR SPOILER ALERT**

STALKING THE OTHERS isn't my favorite of the series but was still a fantastic addition the series and great read with some nice development. Shiarra was not in a happy place for a good portion of the book. She is angry and wants revenge. Surprisingly it comes to light that the belt that has helped Shia out of many dangerous situations ends up being not so good for her or her psyche.

Why wasn't it my favorite of the series? Well, there was a lot of lead up for what I was hop
TheGeekyBlogger
Jun 24, 2012 rated it really liked it
Read for Review!
Overall Rating: 4.50
Story Rating: 4.25
Character Rating: 4.75

First thought when finished: I think I may be blushing just a wee little bit!

What I Loved: After feeling a bit frustrated last book with the whole "Chaz" situation I was glad to see that our girl Shi was handling it in her own way. By that, I mean she was kicking major *ss! It is hard to review this without giving away the good parts so here is what I will say: This was the best of the 4 books. It had parts that will mak
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
Posted on Under the Covers

I’m sorry to say but this series as officially lost its appeal for me. I very much enjoyed the first two books in this series, but the third book was a DNF. I felt that Shiarra’s head was lost in the clouds while dire things were happening. She ignored several warnings that only resulted in more trouble. I don’t like it when an author creates drama or conflict at the expense of their character.

Fortunately, I was able to get through STALKING THE OTHERS but just didn’t ca
D
May 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing
In the final pages of Deceived by the Others, we were left with an angry woman seeking revenge. Readers excited by this prospect will not be disappointed by Stalking the Others. With the help of a magic belt, Shiarra is on the warpath. Jess Haines expertly develops Shiarra's character. While readers watch her destroy those who have done her wrong, we also can see the effect it is having on her psyche, the destruction of her self.

This book is remarkably fast-paced for a novel with a good deal of
Kimberly
Jan 07, 2014 rated it did not like it
Raquel
Dec 09, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: urban-fantasy
3.75/5 I was so happy from the last book, that I couldn't wait to get my hands on this. It was great to see Shiarra was finally standing on her own feet, and I was anticipating the can-of-whoop-ass Chaz deserved. Everything was going great until the end. Dubya Tee Eff. I feel as though Shiarra is now back in the one spot she's been avoiding! She can be so frustrating. Not sure where this is going to lead to, but I hope Shiarra finds her way out of the mess >.<
Darcy
Oct 01, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2012, uf, vampires, shifters
I feel like for all of this book Shiarra was not herself. For the first 3/4 of the book she was just reacting. She never really seemed to have a solid plan, just wanted to get back at Chaz. He did deserve it, but at times Shiarra's actions were over the top. Then at the end of the book, the choice Shiarra made, really seemed out of character, and one that will have a big consequence to her future. We'll have to read the next book to see how things fall.
Kate
Jan 24, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2012
It's about F*&%ing time Woot! Woot!

More review to come soon!
Tori
Apr 04, 2012 rated it really liked it
This series just gets better and better.
Dark Faerie Tales
Review courtesy of Dark Faerie Tales

Quick & Dirty: An angry and out of control PI hunts down a pack of werewolves she thinks is responsible for her own werewolf infection. Dark and stormy, this book has lots of anger and bitterness in the driver’s seat.

Opening Sentence: My fingertips pressed against the cool stone of the ledge, helping me balance as I crouched on the balls of my feet.

Excerpt: Yes

The Review:

Stalking the Others, the fourth installment of H & W Investigations series, has ta
jeanie mummel
Dec 09, 2017 rated it did not like it
This is the worst series ever! Started out OK then the " heroine" never gets better becoming more whinny and boring by the time I finished reading all the books I'm hoping that someone just finished her off no character growth and less and less like ability of the heroine to the point you root for the hopefully bad guy to win! I've always given at least two stars because I know I couldn't write a story but this was more of a rip off off several different authors work cut up and put together to m ...more
Jacklynn Sizemore
Mar 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
So love this series and this book just amazing. So got to love Shia with everyone either wanting her dead or wanting to use her. She so feel the love not. To know more about this book grab your copy today a so so so must read!!!!!
Barbara Dunbar
Mar 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hunting for revenge

Shiara has so many obstacles both real and anticipated to overcome or live with. Her struggle with her own identity is all consuming.
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Free Book Giveaway: Jess Haines give away 1 5 Jun 25, 2012 06:51AM

• Tainted Night, Tainted Blood (Kat Redding, #2)
  • Keeping Secret (Secret McQueen, #4)
  • Deliverance (Mortal Path, #3)
  • Sin's Dark Caress (Dark Brethren, #3)
  • The Isis Collar (Blood Singer, #4)
  • The Bitter Seed of Magic (Spellcrackers.com, # 3)
  • Shadows Before the Sun (Charlie Madigan, #4)
  • Wrong Side of Dead (Dreg City, #4)
  • Blood of Innocence (Sloane Skye, #2)
  • Shapeshifted (Edie Spence, #3)
  • A Trace of Moonlight (Abby Sinclair, #3)
  • Save the Last Vamp for Me (Discord Jones #3)
  • Darklands (Deadtown, #4)
  • Eventide (Dark Ink Chronicles, #3)
  • Wildfire Gospel (Santeria Habitat, #3)
  • Blood Before Sunrise (Shaede Assassin, #2)
  • Summoning the Night (Arcadia Bell, #2)
  • Black City (Black Wings, #5)
I'm a USA Today and international bestselling author. I consider myself a displaced New Yorker with a penchant for the silly, the obscure, and the fantastical. These days, you can find me in the Tampa area. I'm currently working on the H&W Investigations urban fantasy series and the Blackhollow Academy young adult/new adult contemporary fantasy series. Find out more about my books, drop me a l ...more

H&W Investigations (6 books)
  • Hunted by the Others (H&W Investigations, #1)
  • Taken by the Others (H&W Investigations, #2)
  • Deceived by the Others (H&W Investigations, #3)
  • Forsaken by the Others (H&W Investigations, #5)
  • Enslaved By the Others (H&W Investigations, #6)