Start by marking “Reaper (End of Days, #1)” as Want to Read:
Reaper (End of Days, #1)

Reaper

(End of Days #1)

The World after the End of the World will never be the same again…

Sanctuary. Clichéd name, but the sentiment is still the same. Ten years after the end of the world, ex-soldier Mason and a small group of humans defend their fortified town against creatures of myth and legend made real. But with dwindling game to hunt and a lycan pack in the area looking for an easy mea

Published November 1st 2011 by Samhain Publishing

Start your review of Reaper (End of Days, #1)
Mara
Aug 22, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: pnr, futuristic, novella
Really good, but the format made it impossible to appreciate it more. Too many questions unanswered :)
 Rosebud
Who knew the world would end December 21, 2012.

Earth, post-apocalypse, is changed forever when a scientific experiment changes the very fabric of life. Predatory zombies, werewolves, sorcerers, vampires, brownies, and more are common place requiring humans to band together in fortified towns to protect themselves.

One such place is Sanctuary. A fortified settlement that has survived the odds for the last ten years because of the efforts of Mason, ex military commando, who has devised physical a
So, I Read This Book Today
Loved it

I loveva creative story, and this one definitely is. Andy is fascinating-a Grim Reaper more interesting than many of the others i have read. No, i take that back. She may just be The best. And the hero and townspeople are well drawn. Overall, it was great.
Monty Cupcake ☠ Queen of Bloodshed ☠
What can I say? I like female heroines with a killing profession. And reapers are always cool.
Debrac2014
Sep 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed it! Andy is a reaper! It's the end of the world as we know it. Vamps, lycans and ghouls roam the earth! Good story line! ...more
Coyora Dokusho
May 10, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was awesome! ... And then it ended too soon. I feel like the climax was rushed, but still totally worth reading. (the awesome!) Also, hello, sequel?
Daria

Mina Carter is one of those authors you just keep coming back to. She never has failed to catch and keep my attention.
When the world turns on its tits and the monsters we thought were only in the story book are alive and well? Your options are limited as a human or other than.

Join Mina as she spins this tail of a all about kick butt reaper and sassy to boot. That oh so bump heads with a more than just human male. Who’s the baddest in town ask her she’ll tell you. Not only do they threaten each
Neringa Neringiukas
First I was caught by name and then by cover. (Mind you GR cover wasn't the one who caught my attention, but Amazon). The blurb sold it. I always loved h, who has special powers and is unique in the para world. Andy didn't disappointed. Though I have to say I love when h accepts and enjoys who she is. Andy did that but it took time and something to happen. Mason wasn't lacking either. They both were perfect match. ...more
LG (A Library Girl's Familiar Diversions)
I saw this novella when it still brand-new and had a reduced price on the Samhain Publishing website. I read the description, got excited when I saw that it was a post-apocalyptic story starring a woman who'd been turned into a Reaper, read the excerpt, and decided I had to buy it. Unfortunately, although there were aspects of it that I liked, this novella didn't quite work for me.

The world is an interesting one, wide open for whatever sequels Ms. Carter might want to write. This is one of those
Lisa
Feb 26, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Lisa by: Amber Rose
I received a copy of this story for an honest review for Amber's Reading Room. Pictures used as part of this review are for fun and do not belong to me.

Reaper made me one very happy paranormal fan-girl. Author Mina Carter has created a solid dystopian/paranormal romance with a wicked sense of humor and a refreshingly simple couple. Human boy meets not-so-human girl, sparks ignite, and one may have to kill the other to survive if they both aren’t killed by other monsters first. See… simple.

Ten y
SubterraneanCatalyst
This is a sweet little read, it is short, only takes a few hours. I enjoyed it. I like both Andy and Mason. When I go into such a short piece- I have to manage my own expectations. I'm going to make a guess and say it's harder to write a shorter story and craft it well. You will not be getting any extreme character development (naturally, duh, it's short), and sometimes there are questions unanswered. Questions left hanging without answers happens in any book, sometimes they are more obvious and ...more
Nikki Brooks
Every day tale of human boy meets not-so-human anymore girl in a dystopian future!

A decade after the world went to hell, Vampires, Werewolves, Ghouls, Brownies and all manner of other things that go bump in the night have become very real problems. Not only is Humankind scrabbling for survival, they also have to be very careful not to become someones dinner!

Sanctuary is little more than a crease in the map but somehow this little town has bandied together and are surviving more or less intact. W
Fran
Aug 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I got this book through Instafreebie. I first read this book back in '13 through Amazon but neglected to review it so I'm fixing that error right now. This story takes place in a post-apocalyptical world where humans are fighting for survival from paranormals of every kind. Enter Andy, a female Grim Reaper, one of a kind. She enters Sanctuary in search of souls to claim and stumbles upon the human Mason who has an unusual aura that Andy has never encountered before. Each is drawn to the other bu ...more
G
I voluntarily reviewed an ARC of this book.

Set in a post apocalyptic world, this story quickly reeled me in, I mean hoe often does a reaper like Andy turn up, especially in a town like Masons.

Mason has seen it all, vamps, weres, ghouls they have all walked into his town, into his bar looking for a quick meal, only to find themselves staring down several gun barrels. When Andy turns up, he is not sure about her, she doesn't threat, but he knows she isn't human and has to leave. When she turns up
Jannie Cv
Aug 08, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"Reaper" is a very good story!
Reading stories about ghouls is not really my thing, but Ms Carter has written a fascinating 'take' on what happens following a devastating war. I am intrigued, although the violence is a bit more graphic than I like.
Andy has a new role since the war ended. She makes sure the dead reach the afterlife. A reaper - as in 'the grim reaper.' In her travels, she encounters a town with better than usual protections against the various non-human threats to their safety. The
Christine Karmelreads2665 W.
Reap What It Coming to You

Not sure how to classify this book but it was interesting. Normally not my favorite genre to read but this book was not bad. Kinda hate that the book was not longer for a more in depth look at Mason's past but overall the story kept me entertain for a lunch hour.

Andy was an interesting character and things will happen in the book that will make you question what you know of biology.

I have voluntarily read and review this book received from the author without obligation
Lexee Toste
Aug 13, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this story! It was a fun read for me. I haven't been the biggest fan of post apocalyptic books but I really enjoyed this one. There was plenty of action in this story and it had a few twists. I enjoyed the pacing and flow of the story. The characters were good. The sex is glossed over for the most part. It's not very explicit and doesn't play a large role in the story at all. I enjoyed the humor and banter that happens in this story. It's a fairly short read and went by quickly for me. ...more
Jamoz23
Aug 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am not a fan of apocalyptic type books but this one grabbed me, dragged me in and would not let go.
Mason was one hell of a hero and Andy, well she is something else entirely.
Whilst I understood the panic when the children were taken, the townsfolk were idiots doing what they did to Mason. He is the only one who could/would have sorted things out and protected them.
Loved it but I was not surprised at the lack of humanity from the humans. Sometimes the monsters aren’t always what you can see o
Katrina Berry
Sep 13, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Reaper by Mina Carter is Book 1 of the End of Days Series. This is the perfect book for those moments when you just don’t have enough time to commit to your regular full length read. Ms. Carter has a nifty lil knack of putting together the perfect to-go reads. While they are quickies, they are complete and filled with the right mix of characters, heat and world development.

Please note that an ARC was generously provided in exchange for an honest review of which this is both honest and completel
Rosie Vu
Aug 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was such an exciting book. I loved the darker and grittier feel of this world.

Ms. Carter builds world that I want to live in. I hope this is the beginning of a series because I loved this book. Reapers are fast becoming some of my favourite paranormal creature.

Who doesn't love a tough hero and a kick ass heroine?!

If you do, you need to get this book.
Missp
Aug 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Reaper Apocalypse

Wow! I know this is an older book by Mina but loved it. Andy is a post-apocalyptic Reaper and Mason was the town leader and a hottie. Still would like a hint as to what made him special. This ended well for a Mina book in that there was an epilogue with a bit of HEA!
Alia
Aug 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great post apocalyptic PNR

Mina Carter has yet another hit with this post apocalyptic PNR. Andy is a reaper and wanders into Mason's all human settlement and things go pear shaped from there. With twists and turns Ms Carter spins a wonderful tale of action, adventure and romance.
Kim
Aug 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wicked post apocalyptic story. I was glued to the storyline, trying to figure out who was good, bad or indifferent. It spun a quick and fast paced tale. I appreciated that Ms. Carter took an honest approach to how people are when their backs are against the wall. Definitely ready for more of this world.
Vivian Chrisman
Aug 08, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interesting. This story is a little different take on how paranormals came to be. Andy is kicka** and Mason is a "whiskey" smooth talker. They are perfect together. Great read.

*I received an Advance Readers Copy of this book which I am voluntarily reviewing*
Questian
Aug 08, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
~ARC given by the author in exchange for a honest review.~

This is really good book. I enjoy reading it from start to finish. Even how the action was narrated was amazing. I can see it happening in my mind's eye. I look forward to reading more books from this series.
Smittie
Aug 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fun (Dark) Story

I couldn't put it down--so much fun to read. This story is an imaginative take of end of the world and a mashup of all paranormal creatures. I hope the author continues to write stories about this new world she created.
Meleeta
Sep 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Grabs you from the get go.

This post apocalyptic tale takes off from the very beginning. Lots of action with not only a tough alpha male but an even tougher female lead. They have to fight to reach their HEA.
Melanie Haneline
Ms Grim Reaper

I usually think this author writes stories that are too short. This one was Just right. Definitely recommending this story are a must read. I hope she writes more from this world!!!
Cindy
Great book

Loved the book and Andy and Mason are great. Mina did it again. I enjoyed the action, heat and the no nonsense of each character.
C.J.
Aug 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good story with plenty of action. Would have liked more time with the two main characters interacting by themselves. Nice ending.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Blood of the Maple (Maggie's Grove, #1)
  • Dragon Her Feet (Honey and Fur, #2; Council of Black Dragons, #1)
  • Royal Torment
  • Lord of Fire (The Dragon Demigods, #1)
  • Legacy Contract
  • An Unfortunate Heir
  • Fierce Heart (Elven Alliance #1)
  • Alpha Breeds (Alpha Horde, #1)
  • Waking Her Tiger (Shifting Crossroads, #28)
  • Dark Craving (Dark Kings, #0.1)
  • New Moon Howl (Shifting Crossroads, #43)
  • Night's Awakening (Dark Kings, #0.2)
  • Dawn's Desire (Dark Kings, #0.3)
  • Her Fierce Dragon
  • Dragon Baby (Night and Day Ink, #5)
  • Match Made in Hell (Hellmatch #1)
  • Accepting His Witch’s Sass (Sassy Ever After / Sass and Growl Book 3)
  • Burn Deep (The Odyssey #1)
Mina was born and raised in the East Farthing of Middle Earth (otherwise known as the Midlands, England) and spend her childhood learning all the sorts of things generally required of a professional adventurer. Able to ride, box, shoot, make and read maps, make chainmail and use a broadsword (with varying degrees of efficiency) she was disgusted to find that adventuring is not considered a suitabl ...more

End of Days (3 books)
  • Neon Chaos (End of Days #2)
  • Brighid's Cross (Keepers of the Flame, #1; End of Days, #3)

News & Interviews